Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
1355 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3508/San-Diego
- Phone: 6192331422
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Serrano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in San Diego, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Jaclyn Kinnon 6195508529
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego
Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Diego, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)scenic view (109)romantic (91)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (42)good for groups (27)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Ribeye ravesFitFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Cans here for Restaurant Week...again. As always, they have the best selection for a mere $45. Get the sweet potato casserole for a $2 prix fixe difference. You won't be sorry. And a medium cooked ribeye is the delicious way to go. Thank you for your great service Liz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement AnniversaryRestaurantLoversDined on 9/26/2014My fiance and I have been wanting to try this place for a few years, and finally did. Since it was restaurant week we ordered of the prefixed menu, and we were booth very pleased with the whole dining experience. We will defenitly be back after were done paying for our wedding. Lol!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014$45 per meal which is a great price but we were served instant mashed potatoes and they were gross. The creme brûlée was delicious.Special Features:
- Restaurant week traditionLouieCVDined on 9/26/2014We have made a tradition of coming here for restaurant week. Good food and ambiance. Cheers!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week - First TimerFamilyof3Dined on 9/26/2014We have been wanting to try this place for some time, and with Restaurant Week it was a great opportunity. The food was delish - they were very busy because of the price fixe menu, but everything was perfect. The staff was friendly, and the food - AMAZING! We will definitely go back for another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLyyyssssDined on 9/26/2014Our food was great and our server Ben was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday made special!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014From the hostess spreading confetti on table as we were seated to every waiter and staff saying Happy Birthday, to candle on dessert and framed picture to take home, was a nice way to celebrate birthday. Of course food was fabulous too! Great Restaurant Week special was exceptional with three courses.Special Features:
- DeliciousLoves2travelDined on 9/26/2014What can I say, Ruth Chris never disappoints. We had the seared Ahi, and shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, petite filet with sautéed mushrooms and stuffed chicken with garlic mash potatoes, for dessert, chocolate cake and cheesecake and ice cream...all of the food was amazing! The steak just melts in your mouth. Will be coming again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbdDhelDined on 9/25/2014Amazing level of service. Love the attention to detail in food and acknowledging special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth wateringJaTopinionDined on 9/25/2014My wife and I ate at Ruth Chris for San Diego restaurant week. The ahi appetizer was delicious and so tasty. Our ribeye steaks were cooked to perfection and juicy and delicious. The waiters were very attentive and polite and the view is beautiful. The restaurant itself is clean and classy. While the menu is costly the guality of the food here is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sTRIPLErDined on 9/25/2014I remember coming here before restaraunt week years ago or ever knew restaraunt week ever existed. The steaks here are amazing. The seasoning is so simple yet the steaks comes out bursting with flavor. The seared ahi is to die for and you better have your prayers ready for the chocolate sin cake.Special Features:
- Great dinner & amazing servicerebeccaDined on 9/24/2014Great dinner and amazing service. Noise level was high, but the food and wine were amazing.Special Features:
- PeacockDined on 9/24/2014The service was great. The food was even better. My steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Over-ratedGeliDined on 9/23/2014For how fancy it is made out to be I was actually disappointed. They seated us in some back room that seemed more like a closet than a restaurant. The waiter was everything but attentive. The food was okay. Was not the romantic and elegant setting that I hoped for...the only thing fancy was the bill :)Special Features:
- Great dine!bakster21Dined on 9/22/2014Had an excellent Restaurant Week dining experience, and hope to return soon!
- Will's DinnerWillDined on 9/21/2014We have dined at many of Ruths Chris restaurants in the USA and this was not a let down. Everyone we have visited is very similar. They all have great service and outstanding food. We have never been disappointed when we dine here. The quality of the food seems to be standard within all of the restaurants(outstanding). The real plus to this place was the harbor view and the sunset. This all added up to a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at San Diego Harbor ViewPriceyMemoryOrCheapRegretDined on 9/18/2014PROS: VIEW! Our server suggested waiting for my guest to arrive before serving her Blue Crab Cakes. He was right of course; however, we want something to eat immediately upon seating. When I told him this he promptly served my flavorful Lobster Bisque and her Crab Cakes...5-Stars for accommodating my special ridiculous request without giving me hate looks...very professional! She arrived and was pleased to see her Crab Cakes were served (hot on their 500-degree plate). Her Barbecued Shrimp and my perfect large Filet with butter sautéed sliced mushrooms ensured our return. The Tempura Onion Rings, Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan crust, and Lobster Cheese Mac we also took home for others! CON: Call to turn elevator on. 5-Stars++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayRicksReviewsVIPDined on 9/13/2014Ruth's made my wife's birthday a marvelous surprise. On top of their usually outstanding food and service, from birthday greetings from everyone in the place who called my wife by name, to having a birthday greeting in her name printed on the menu, to a or decorated table, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- THAT SPECIAL TOUCH!Love4FineDiningDined on 9/13/2014Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, preparing to send a loved one off or just want to treat yourself to a fine dining experience, Ruth's Chris Steak House-San Diego is your place. From start to finish, everything is top-notch. The staff, the menu, the wine list, the food, the service and the view, just AMAZING! Trust me the list goes on. My partner and I were in San Diego celebrating our 6th Anniversary and Ruth's Chris did everything possible to make our evening there special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedTomAVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went to Ruth's Chris on Harbor Drive for our anniversary. We had reservations through Open Table and we were seated at a nice table with an ocean view very quickly. We both ordered the bone in fillet, one rare and one medium rare. We were served two NY Strip steaks both medium. They were very good quality but not what we ordered. We sent one back, which meant one of us had food while the other waited. OK, mix ups happen no biggie. We also had two sides; a salad (nothing to write about, it was a simple salad with goat cheese and nuts. You could get the same thing at 100 other places) and shoestring potatoes which arrived cold accompanied by a fried olive and a piece of plastic (that wound up in my gf's mouth).Special Features:
- Superb as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/30/2014Jim and I ate at Ruth's Chris Saturday night. The food, as always, was excellent. Blake, our favorite server, took such good care of us as he always does. It was a joy to sit and enjoy the evening and the view of the bay. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteaztouristDined on 8/30/2014We vacation in San Diego every year, and dining here is one of the highlights! The food is always exceptional, and they offer a nice kid's menu as well. The sides are all served family style, which is great for sharing! The views of the harbor are gorgeous, and the sunsets are lovely. The service is excellent and above reproach. My entire family, including two teenagers and a pre-teen, always look forward to dining here as a very special treat, and we have never been disappointed!! I can't recommend it enough! It can seem pricey if you've never been before, but it is absolutely worth every single penny!Special Features:
- Great!Foodie25Dined on 8/29/2014Are there enough adjectives to explain how wonderful the steaks are? Divine, consistent, splendid....entire family loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AaronDined on 8/29/2014Service was excellent! However then Ribeye Steak was medium rare (ordered rare) & the steaks were tough for being prime beef. The other dinner items work great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views, good food, pricey.HappydinerDined on 8/23/2014Food was great and location can't be beat. But for the price, plates seem a little empty. The a la carte sides will hit you in the wallet if you don't share, so make sure you and your guest like the same foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The UsualJamesDined on 8/23/2014The service and the food was fantastic as usual and the view was outstanding. They had our table waiting just as requested.Special Features:
- Special BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Took my mother and father in-law to celebrate their birthdays. We had an absolutely wonderful dinner, excellent service and of course surrounded by a beautiful sunset. The food was delicious and certainly the dining experience we were hoping to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingmah535Dined on 8/19/2014I have been to San Diego twice and both times we have had a dinner here. This time it was for my wife's birthday. From the menu printed with a birthday greeting, to the best steak ever, to the complementary birthday dessert, it was all fantastic. Just remember that fantastic has a price. But being spoiled like this now and then is worth it.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The restaurant really made celebrating my wife's 50th birthday special. They provided a complimentary dessert and picture and even wrote Happy 50th on the menu. As usual, the food was wonderful and the server was outstanding!Special Features:
- Give a baby sitter a job!JustthefactsDined on 8/15/2014For the life of me, I really don't understand WHY families with 'babies' take them to places like this. An expensive classy dining establishment seems like the wrong place for families with tiny children. If they can afford to eat here, they should be able to afford a baby sitter and not ruin others dining experience with their fussy crying kiddos. And, letting the toddlers 'explore' totally ruins the mood for many other diners. While our server was terrific and food absolutely delish, I wish the restaurant would have an age appropriate requirement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeluvThisPlaceDined on 8/10/2014All my visits to Ruth Chris were memorable. I've had nothing but good experiences here. The food, service, and staff are outstanding. I love going here. The steaks are ALWAYS cooked to perfection and hot to the last bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impresses!IrisDined on 8/8/2014The food was spot on as usual and you can't beat the view! Our server, Ulton was such a delight and really took care if every detail. He even charmed our one year old grandson we brought along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland steak, excellent serviceNameVIPDined on 8/2/2014Started with the lobster appetizer: fair/good. Presentation was excellent, lobster wasn't overcooked, but not particularly flavorful. I had a petite rib eye: cooked as ordered (med rare), but under seasoned for a prime cut. The original shoe-strings fries were overcooked; returned for a much, much better serving of fries. Berries and cream for dessert: the cream is wonderful, but this time it was mostly cream and an insufficient number of berries to balance the cream. Interiors probably need an update. I had a small table at the window and it worked out great - far away from the noise. Service was excellent - a major improvement over my last visit. I can't remember the waiter's name (Von or Zan?), but he was excellent.
- The perfect steakhouse on sandiegoJpierreDined on 8/1/2014We Went to the Ruth chrys steak house With my familly Just one word: PERFECTIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchBusinesstravelerDined on 8/1/2014This came highly recommended if you wanted a steak. I eat at a lot of steak houses but this one took the cake and I don't know that I would be able to eat anywhere for a while because I would compare it to this and most likely be thoroughly disappointed. Ruth's Chris was hamds down the best steak house ever! Great view of the bay, the ribeye is where it's at and melts in your mouth, the portions are almost shareable, and to top your meal off you have to go with the cremebrulee! Steaks come out on a sizzling plate right out of the oven and they are seasoned to perfection! I will be returning to San Diego just for this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always win at Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Spent a perfect evening with 5 ladies. Service from Cecil and the entire team was top notch. Will always visit for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnriqueDined on 7/29/2014Very good. RC is a guarantee everywhere ! I have been in different locations and the food & service are excellent. Congratulations!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beetle911Dined on 7/25/2014This was my second experience at Ruth's Chris. Both times the food and service was great. Great place for birthdays and special times when you want the best in food and service. Waiter was excellent and very attentive to our service. We had an excellent table location and the price for our entire dinner was very reasonable. Will book again at our next birthday or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, View, & ServiceTwo4OneDined on 7/23/2014We went for our Anniversary and they added rose petals to our table that just happened to equal the number of years we were celebrating. They took our picture and overall just made us feel special on our night out. This is one of my favorite places to eat and I recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- Sunday evening dining.SocialDOSCMDined on 7/20/2014We ate early evening and were seated in a nice booth. It was sunset, so the shades were being adjusted and tweaked with mixed success. But it's a San Diego Harbor view nonetheless! Steak was great. The lobster/mac appetizer was enough for two to share with some left to take home, it was superb! A really positive dining experience a little open to be romantic but really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.