Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sacramento
501 Pavilions Lane
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/5416/Sacramento
- Phone: 9162862702
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday only - 11:30am - 2:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm. Our lounge opens daily one half hour early
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jose Luis Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Sacramento, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Sacramento offers a private dining room that can accommodate 30 guests. We also offer 2 semi-private dining rooms accommodating up to 20 guests. The large room has A/V capability. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Brie Korn 8669452975
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sacramento
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Sacramento, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (28)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SUPERB, EXCELLENT, AMAZINGtimoDined on 8/30/2014Ruth Chris really went out of their way to make my wife and I feel special. The food was extraordinary. The service was beyond excellent. I'm blown away by the hospitality I was given for my visit. They were especially attentive to my wife. She really felt special. I will definitely return and make this our special go to spot. And to the chef. Our filets were perfect. Thank you so much Ruth Chris for a magical evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great/Service PoorMeateaterDined on 8/30/2014The food is always excellent here. On this occasion, the service was pretty bad. It started off well with the server taking the drink order and the drinks coming in a timely manner. After that, the time it took to order our meal, the time between the salads being served, the entree being served, the dessert being served, and the check coming all took an incredible amount of time. What made it worse was that the air conditioner was blowing right on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & foodDriveElectricDined on 8/22/2014We took friends out to celebrate a birthday - it has been perhaps ten years or more since I have dined at a Ruth Chris...a memory of great food, great portions and grand prices. The current menu is excellent and sharing an order worked well...we still had food to take home. The service is simply the best one can expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Expectations, let down badlyraindc5Dined on 8/20/2014I had high expectations for Ruth Chris. Salad: Caesar - Great tasting, prepared perfectly, lovely croutons. Entree: Rib eye 16oz - Temperature cooked perfect. Seasoning none to lacking. Drowned with Butter felt like a heart attack waiting to happen. Dessert: Chocolate molten lava - Cooked to perfection, highlight of the night. Service: Outstanding. Our waitress and other wait staff was attentive and very well appreciated. I took my wife here for our wedding anniversary. We had a few minute wait, thought we were getting a great seat. Got seated between another couple and a large group. Expected a little bit more intimacy, or even a booth, which they had plenty of. Probably won't return to give another chance because of the high price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014LOVE RUTH CHRIS, Great food, service and ambiance. We celebrate special occasions here and were not disappointed. Rose Petals on the Table, complimentary dessert and bottle of wine. AmazingSpecial Features:
- Had a great dining experience.NyksterDined on 7/18/2014A friend was visiting from out of town and we decided to try this place- always heard good things about it. Getting a reservation was not a difficult task. When we entered the facility we were impressed- clean, quiet and very well laid out. We were approached by personable, yet professional staff and taken to our seat. The staff was great! Everyone smile, spoke in a friendly manner and provided great ideas for food. The food turned out better than expected.Special Features:
- For AnniversariescinqpugsDined on 7/14/2014This is our chosen spot for most of our anniversaries. We have enjoyed Ruth's Chris Steak House locations in many areas around the country to celebrate over the years with nary a disappointment. Always top quality and service in a friendly atmosphere. It will be our choice again next year!Special Features:
- great!Luv2beDined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed everything about our experience! The food was delicious, water glasses always full, cocktails were yummy, service was perfect. What more do you need? Oh ya! Ambiance was lovely!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2014You can never go wrong with this location. The service is fantastic, from the hostess to the wait staff to the bus boy to the general manager. The food is outstanding. You must check this out, especially for a special event.Special Features:
- Terrific meal!GoodFood4UsDined on 6/21/2014Went for a birthday celebration dinner & didn't disappoint! Food was amazing, service attentive but not overly so, and had an overall wonderful experience. If you are looking for some place special, and price is not a factor, this is a perfect spot and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable for Father's DayDavis101913Dined on 6/15/2014Chris in the bar and Tony our waiter set the tone and both were fabulous. The perfect service, friendly staff and superb food made our experience a very wonderful and memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulnicaDined on 6/14/2014The place was beautiful, the service were very helpful. The food excellent! !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Arrived for happy hour, followed by dinner for my wife's birthday. Happy hour was fantastic and the selection was great. Dinner was good, although my wife was looking forward to the lamb; the server said that they was out of lamb, this was a disappointment because we both were excited to try the lamb. The evening still went well and we had a blast. This is our usual spot for that special occasion and relaxation to end the day.Special Features:
- Great first time experiencesacnvzDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I went there for our 16yr anniversary. We can over hear there were quite a few couples also celebrating their anniversaries too. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Our waitress was very thorough, she definitely knew her stuff. This is not a place I would go to all the time but maybe once a year for a special occasion due to the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnniversaryDined on 6/5/2014Everything was great and was welcomed for my special occasion. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinghappygirlDined on 5/31/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we both loved it. The staff was amazing and took good care of us. We never had a dirty table or empty glasses. Our server explained the menu thoroughly and gave us enough time to make a decision. The food was delicious! The atmosphere was relaxing. I will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to End the WeekSashaVIPDined on 5/30/2014We Celebrated a Co-Workers Birthday. Rich and his Staff did a great job of taking care of the Group. Dinner was Delicious =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 503 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sacramento reviews archive.
- Pleasant and professionalFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/18/2014This Ruth's Chris instantly became one of my favorites. It is light, bright, spacious, and friendly. Moreover, the noise level is relatively low, so a civilized conversation is possible. Though the meals are predictably (and consistently) quite delicious, most of the restaurants in this chain are far too noisy (and some are a bit pretentious, with a strained, forced sense of professional service). The Ruth's Chris in East Sacramento is worth the drive from downtown or anywhere else. It is extremely well-managed, and I am eager to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencejam8x2Dined on 5/18/2014We took our families out to dinner for a celebration. Most had not been before, the servers made the experience very nice for all in our group. The Ruth's classic option was excellent, while allowing for substitutions for different choices very easy. Mostly our steaks were cooked as asked, all other food was spectacular. The coconut ginger lemon drop was fantastic. We have dined at Roseville's Ruth's Chris and we enjoyed the Sacramento location much better. Much quieter and enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!KimmysgoneDined on 5/18/2014I've been to several Ruth's Chris steak houses but this one is my favorite. Greet staff is always friendly, wait staff is attentive, food is delicious!Special Features:
- Good but limited optionsOuiniVIPDined on 5/16/2014It may be inappropriate to criticize a steak house for limited and bland alternatives but it seems Ruth's might think about more creative options for the one person out of a foursome who was not in the mood for a steak. The shrimp entree sounded interesting but wasn't;maybe just a bad night. Service superb and steak lovers enjoyed their excellent beef selections . Just a thought that some interest in the rest of us ( who can cook a steak at home and want something special for a $350 dinner)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fifth timeBarossaDined on 5/11/2014This was the fifth time we have dined at Ruth's Chris, and, if possible, it keeps getting better. I always order a rib-eye rare, and I have yet to be disappointed with the steak's flavor or with it's perfect grilling outcome. We have a reservation to return in June, and we are anticipating that day. The servers are knowledgeable; the hostesses are always friendly and welcoming; the restaurant is beautifully appointed. One thing, however, this last time the noise level was really up. I had to keep asking my mother to repeat herself. The main dining room's noise level was the only negative to an otherwise very nice Mother's Day meal. So, thank you all for wonderful past meals!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Thank you for making Mother's day 2014 so Awesome. Everything was perfect from start to finish. I rarely rate service/food so high because I'm very picky, but the staff and food met my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014excellent service from Paul. We were seated up with a bunch of other asians for mother's day lunch....couldn't help think that was a little strange on the hostess' partSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group with a mic and screenmichaelvgibsonDined on 5/2/2014I know that times are tough and you have to get business where you can but on a Friday night I thought a large group in the main dinning room was not appropriate. The bill for four of us was $320. We were anticipating a quiet dinner on Friday night with our friends. The group was distracting. Other nights other than Friday Saturday and Sunday would seem more appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome EasterldjaeretiredUSNDined on 4/20/2014The food was outstanding and the staff was superb. They gave the females in our party a rose when we were departing, which just made the whole dining experience that much more memorable! The only drawback was that I sat right under the a/c so it was a bit chilly but nothing that my shawl couldn't handle. I'll definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/18/2014I have eaten at Ruth's Chris several time in the past and the steaks have always been great, but this time, there was way too much salt on our filets. The salt overpowered the flavor of the steaks. Everything else was fine, but the main reason to eat here is for the steaks. I wish I had brought this to the attention of the manager or server at the time, but I did not. I may give them another chance in the future, but not sure.Special Features:
- Once again an excellent experienceTomSVIPDined on 4/12/2014Once again an excellent experience at Ruth's Chris with my 16 year old son. He loves the lobster appetizer. I had the ahi tuna appetizer which was decent but the salt on the fish and the mustard-soy sauce overpowered the lightly flavored tuna. We both had excellent caesar salads. We shared the porterhouse for two. He ordered some french fries with dinner which were soggy and pretty tasteless. We both shared their amazing cheesecake.Special Features:
- Ready to returnSactoGalDined on 3/29/2014I liked that our bottle of wine was taken at arrival for decanting; it was ready and waiting at our table when we were seated. Because we were early we were directed to the bar but it was very crowded, but at the moment our reservation time arrived we were taken to our table -- I like that they respect the meaning of a reservation! The rib eye was good & juicy, big enough for two but the mushroom side dish was bland. The chocolate thing at the end was good but not great. Dinner for two, including the $15 corkage fee, was about $150 before tip - a lot, but it was a special occasion. Our waiter was excellent - attentive but not so much in evidence that he bothered us. We were not rushed which helped make our evening a success.Special Features:
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014A great place to converse with friends or have a romantic evening not to mention the fantastic service and food that can't be bet!!Special Features:
- Happy Hour Pros & ConsGastronomicSuccessDined on 3/24/2014Just came for affordable food during happy hour. We weren't disappointed with the food. The service was definitely lacking. Perhaps during Happy Hour, they don't tend tables regularly?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for ThoughtTishDined on 3/21/2014We enjoyed the food very much. The Ahi tuna was delicious. The crab cakes were good (split between 4 people) but were a little small. Our waitress Diana was superb. She was very attentive and friendly. Definitely coming back soon.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at Ruth ChrisMichaelsvantagepointVIPDined on 3/15/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Sacramento. Thank you to all the wonderful people at Ruth Chris Steak House.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014I took my dad for his 65th birthday, as usual the restaurant had a high end feel and the servers and staff were all very nice and helpful. They took the extra step of decorating the table and a complimentary dessert. Also no corkage fee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding diningbabsDined on 3/9/2014The food and service was wonderful, we enjoyed our anniversary very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, so-so foodGeorgeDined on 3/1/2014We expected Morton's of Chicago. This is not the same level of food quality. The $57 steak and lobster tail was disappointing. The flame-broiled beef was oily and too fatty and the lobster was mealy, not firm. The asparagus was bland and the hollandaise sauce flavorless. The baked potato and desert were excellent though. The wine list was impressive and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Everything but the other partyRayacecadetsDined on 2/20/2014Everything but the other adjacent party was perfect. Their obnoxious fun was takin away from your normal calm and elegant environment...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsCSantosDined on 2/20/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Sacramento. Had the Sea Bass for the first time and it was Awesome. My new favorite dish. Too bad that they are now gearing up for the Spring Menu with new entre's Regardless, what ever they come up with it will be delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Jen7Dined on 2/16/2014We tried a variety of items and all were absolutely wonderful and the service was exceptional as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014This was an anniversary event for myself and my wife. Although the restaurant was very busy, our waiter gave excellent service. The food was excellent and the evening was better than we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.