600 E Market St
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - River Walk
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrissa.com/
- Phone: 2102278847x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Saturday + Sunday 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday + Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
7 nights a week from 4:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
PRIME BAR 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sizzle,Swizzle, Swirl Happy Hour 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm Monday-Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Quinn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Chris event catering delivers the service, the expertise and of course, the flavor wherever you and your guests gather. Our signature steak experience arrives at your location with an on-site Private Event Manager and a dedicated team of executive chefs, certified bartenders and Ruth's Chris trained servers. From choosing your menu to overseeing the smallest details, Ruth's Chris event catering staff looks forward to helping create your perfect occasion.
Please see website for more information www.ruthschrisSA.com Go to Private Dining Page
- Special Events: LIVE MUSIC on the Patio. Every Friday and Saturday
Sizzling morning, noon and night, a delicious breakfast is offered 6:00AM Monday–Friday (6:30AM on weekends). Enjoy an a la carte breakfast menu as well as an expansive Breakfast Buffet.
Lunch is available daily with a full menu including a Prime Burger and sliced tenderloin sandwich.
Enjoy dinner in the upscale dining room or on the patio and enjoy a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks to the freshest seafood and poultry, side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list.
Private dining rooms available for groups of 10-200.
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Need to educate your waiterscynthialorenaDined on 10/18/2014We were truly disappointed on this ocassion with the service. To start of with we got our table and our waiter did not provide us with silverware, it took him forever to acknowledge our drink order. The appetizer salad we ordered was received at the same time as our entree. When we got our meal it was missing the "oscar style" on top of the filet. We had to ask for steak knives which is ironic being at this "top of the line" restaurant. We were also celebrating my 30th birthday and my husband told the waiter right from the start and he did not even say happy birthday. I strongly suggest educating the staff properly to offer a outstanding experience to the customers.
- Poor ServiceBmillerDined on 10/11/2014Never received desert ordered. Waiter never checked to refill water or wine. When we signaled for waiter to come to table he saw us and then turned away and went back to kitchen. Manager did apologize and gave us a small discount.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris RiverwalkburkdentDined on 10/11/2014Our reservation made through open table was right on time, and we even added a person at the last minute. The service was excellent, and the food was great, especially the zucchini fries. We will return when at the convention center.Special Features:
- Great evening!Mike7Dined on 10/9/2014Food and service always the best! Robert was a great waiter. No better steaks...Special Features:
- NEW LOCATION SAME GREAT FOODZZtop13Dined on 10/8/2014I'm a local and I must say I would rather this place stay by Sunset Station. Very lovely location. That being said, the new location is OK. The patio is much nicer in that you have a view to the Riverwalk. Food was great. We were taking in a show at the Majestic Theater so I notifiy my waitress and she was wonderful. The food came out quickly and was absolutely DEEEELICIOUS. It's a bit pricey but if you like good food and good service its worth it. Watch out Bohanon's !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDoctorGRVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was our first time dining at the downtown San Antonio Ruth's Chris since the restaurant was relocated from Sunset Station. The food was still very good but the feel of the restaurant doesn't seem as upscale as the previous location. We had the feeling that we were in a hotel (which we were.) We were there for lunch with limited time. The service was paced a little slow for our time pressures at lunch and more appropriate for a leisurely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Feasted Hereronin120Dined on 10/1/2014Ruth's Chris is one of those places you always hear about. But can it be that good? Is it worth it? Well, there are certainly places in SA that are less expensive, but I think you should experience Ruth's Chris at least once. I'm glad we went to the one downtown. The Grand Hyatt is a beautiful setting. If the weather is cool enough, I suggest dining by the river. It's a good view, out of the way, only the occasional boat floats by. Service was excellent. Food was great, but very expensive for a steak. The steaks were served hot and fresh; let them rest for a bit. But they were cooked properly (to order). I wasn't impressed by the asparagus, but the baked potatoes were perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent experience, but ExpensiveAspecialoccasion1Dined on 9/23/2014The service, food and ambiance of Ruth's Chris Steak House at the River Walk in San Antonio was excellent. The prices were very high, that's the only reason I wouldn't go back or recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steal House that Can't Cook a SteakFoodieDined on 9/23/2014Ordered my steak medium rare. Came back medium well. When I asked the waiter, he stated the color looked right underneath the lighting in the kitchen. Disappointing.Special Features:
- terrible birthday!!!notagainDined on 9/21/2014When they moved to this location, they left their service and care at the closed location. After taking my dad for his 84th birthday, when we left he stated if he has another birthday don't take him there. It used to be his favorite place. The waiter did the best he could to make it pleasant, but the helpers kept walking by and offered no assistance. Had to ask for basics, like to have my water refilled. Food tasted great, but won't return.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Best service and meal in town! No other restaurant can even come close!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient LocationTxdudeDined on 9/16/2014Conveniently located near Marriott Riverwalk and Gonzales Convention Center. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Ruth's I have been disappointedCatfishDined on 9/16/2014I brought in a group of customer during a conference, but I have to say most were disappointed. Even though they had never eaten at a Ruth's they all were familiar with the reputation. None of them considered coming back and in fact they talked about how another steak house, where the owner had worked at a Ruth's previously, was so much better! I was very embarrassed, I guess not all Ruth's can be great!
- A Birthday Treat!RetiredDined on 8/28/2014Our first visit to the new location was successful! This space is more modern, brighter than the Sunset Station locale but it is missing some of the warmth of the old restaurant. The food was wonderful! A real treat! On a Thursday night we had outstanding service and had a relaxing dinner. I look forward to visiting when the weather is more welcoming and to sit outside along the river extension.Special Features:
- The way steak was made to be servedMnSSeafoodFanDined on 8/23/2014I thoroughly enjoyed Ruth's Chris. The starter salad was wonderfully put together, and served quickly. Once the steak came, it was cooked to perfection served on a searing-hot plate which kept it hot to the very end. The mashed potatoes were perfectly whipped, and the Key Lime pie was simply wonderful. Overall, the service was excellent and the wine topped off a great meal. The only downside, if there was to be one, was the slightly loud noise level, largely driven by the jazz ensemble playing in the bar area that bled into the main dining room. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT Anniversary/Birthday DinnerDiningTrekkerDined on 8/19/2014Thanks to Yelp, I had two $35 gift certificates, and what better time to use them than for our wedding anniversary/my birthday dinner. Seating was immediate upon our arrival (we were early!) and we were both treated to an unforgettable dinner and celebration! Patrick, our waiter, was prompt, delivered all courses with quickness and attention to detail, and an unexpected surprise: table decorations with rose petals and birthday favors! Our meal was exactly as advertised: the steaks came out sizzling and all of our items were absolutely delicious (my wife thought the creamed spinich was a bit flat, but I respectfully disagree...the cream was perfect, and the spinach danced on my palate). We both really enjoyed the meal and will return.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceTheTruthDined on 8/16/2014For a chain, it is amazing they can be so good every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally GreatRomanticdineDined on 8/15/2014When you expect the best and you get it plus some, there is no other conclusion than excellence. The food and service (Robert) were superb. Can't wait to go back for more of the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menu and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was a perfect fit for what we were looking for, the reputation of Ruth Chris never let's me down. The food was outstanding and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak on the RiverwalkThetraveljunkieDined on 8/7/2014After a disappointing filet and prime rib the night before at famed Boudro's, we were very appreciative of our perfectly prepared steaks at Ruth's Chris. Be aware kitchen closes promptly at 10pm. We arrived at 9:40 for dinner but, were unable to get pepper sauce after our steaks arrived because the kitchen had already closed. Sides, creme brûlée, cocktails, and our table service all top notch as well. Solid choice. Acenar and Ruth's Chris were our best meals on the Riverwalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special night with sister and nieceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Went out for a special night with my sister and niece. Good food on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We sat outside and the fans cooled the patio perfectly. The only distraction was the rude and impatient waiter.Special Features:
- Great dinner serviceSpeedwhiteDined on 8/2/2014We had an amazing time at this restaurant. The hostesses were professional, our waiter Luis was very professional and prompt. My steak was cooked to perfection and my wifes stuffed chicken done nicely. It was our anniversary dinner so they gave us the complimentary anniversary dessert. Overall, we have a great dinner service, I would recommend this restaurant to any of my family or friends.Special Features:
- our waiter was first classMissJJDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent, steak cooked to perfection. My scallops were fabulous, a little salty for me...so I'll ask for "light seasoning" next time. And there will be a next time...very soon!!! It was our anniversary and they added a couple of special little touches, like sprinkles on the table and beautifully depicted dessert...we were very pleased!! Everyone was very professional and very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's is spot on again!DBHoffmansDined on 7/26/2014We were staying at the Grand Hyatt for a business event and it happened to be our 29th Wedding Anniversary. We chose to have dinner there instead of the Chart House (which had poor reviews) and we were not disappointed. I have to mention that we skipped the Convention Center "Egg Soup" Buffet and headed straight down the Ruth's for the Omelette Station. It was fabulous!!! If we ever return to San Antonio we will definitely eat here again. Hopefully it will not be in the Summer and we can enjoy the patio and live music on Saturday Nights. Manager mary McNeel is the best, and really made us feel welcome in a strange state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris river walkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014First of all the filet was the best steak I have EVER!! Nothing compares to y'all's good it is so delicious! The service was also great the waiters were on too of their game making sure we had refills and everything was fine! Best dining I have ever experienced!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014The old location at Sunset Station is so much better. The current location is loud, the service was just okay and a bit lacking. The experience was not up to the Ruth's Chris standard which is unfortunate. There are better choices in downtown San Antonio.
- AWESOMEDatenightsDined on 7/12/2014I planned my proposal at this establisment. The staff was helpful and easy to work with. it was an amazing expitrianceSpecial Features:
- Fine DiningTexasFoodieDined on 7/7/2014We had an excellent dinner and service at Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Antonio's downtown. The free valet parking was appreciated. I would recommend RCSH to anyone interested in great steaks and seafood as well as personable, knowledgable and attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!KharperDined on 7/5/2014We loved the food, the service, the peacefulness. We went on a romantic dinner and we had such a great time. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- luvthislocationDined on 7/4/2014Great food and service! This is a definitely a MUST GO when in the area.Special Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - River Walk reviews archive.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014There were 7 in our party. 3 of them had the chicken which was amazing. The other 4 ordered steak. Not one persons was cooked right. Husband actually sent his back when it came back it was so charred on top it looked burnt ate it anyway because he was hungry. Had broccoli and au gratin potatoes as sides. The broccoli had not been washed. It felt like there were little rocks in it. The potatoes were very undercooked. The chef was informed neither he NOR did the manager come out and speak to us. We have visited another Ruth Chris location which was amazing. This one we will never return.
- Disappointing Anniversary DinnerWeedles21Dined on 6/21/2014Celebrating our 28th and have celebrated many others with y'all in Baton Rouge but sadly this was not a good experience. First off there was a very loud band in an adjacent room having an record kickoff and they performed and were very loud even with the doors closed and not in the same room. My T-bone steak was ordered at the temp attire of medium rare but came out medium to medium well, I ate it due to my guests steaks were fine but they insisted on waiting And I wasn't going to let that happen and ruin their meal also. Lastly it ,took twenty minutes before our waiter checked to see if we were done and needed to close out the bill but it then took 40 minutes due to run the ticket because your system went down and we had a gift card.
- Empty & No ServiceTejawatersDined on 6/15/2014My wife made the reservation for Father's Day, we were in the "main dining room" with only three or four tables in use. The service was slow like half did not show up for work. My Prime Rib (they only have it twice a year) was cool and there was a problem with switching vegetables between Father's Day entree's.Special Features:
- Date night diner.saboundDined on 6/9/2014Loud people next table and around the restaurant can make conversation a little difficult if you are out on a date, too much light for a romantic dinner, portions were too small for the price tag but the food was delicious and the wine was excelent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little outdated & well overpricedOpenTableDemigodDined on 5/26/2014Food was ok but everything is just subpar and proceed high for no reason. I can go to Longhorn steakhouse and get an even better steak for half the price. Sorry but consumers are very knowledgeable nowadays, and seems Ruth Chris needs to step up there game. By the way, there were no reservations available but only one. Yet the whole time we were there was do many empty tables it was unreal. Give it of twenty tables were being used, yet supposedly the restaurant was overbooked according to there reservation system. Fail.Special Features:
- Great experienceErinBroVIPDined on 5/25/2014We sat at the bar on an early Sunday evening. The bar tender was very nice, and the service was exceptional. The food was great as is any Ruth's Chris experience.Special Features:
- Not up to par for this chainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014We have eaten at Ruth Cris all over the country and sadly this location didn't meet the standard we have come to expect from this chain. From the crab cakes to the steak fries every dish just didn't measure up. Maybe just an off night.
- Another great meal and servicepipehangerdude2Dined on 5/22/2014Ruth's Chris has never dissapointed. This vist was no exception. My wife, who eats organic, was able to eat her meal without a reaction. Our waiter was extraordinarily helpful and friendly. He even recommended other local restaurants that may offer organic food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Experience6thAnniversaryDined on 5/16/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and we had an amazing time. The food was great and the staff is outstanding. The manager goes around and make sure that everyone is doing great. She also gave my wife a really nice birthday dessert which was an amazing gesture.Special Features:
- River Walk GemKlaraCDined on 5/11/2014The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was HOT and delicious. The specials were reasonably priced for a high end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.