Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond
11500 Huguenot Road
Midlothian, VA 23113Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sizzlingsteak.com/
- Phone: (804) 378-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens daily at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Curtis Jenkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond offers three distinctive private dining rooms. The Woolfolk Room for up to 14 and the Garden Rooms for up to 100 guests seated and 150 reception style.
- Private Party Contact: Robin T. Sorensen 8043780600x
- Entertainment: Live Patio Music: Thursdays and Select Fridays 7-10pm
Visit http://goo.gl/1IWrNP for the full schedule.
Pianist Darryl L. Emerson performs live, every Friday and Saturday, in our main dining room from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond. Enjoy generous cuts of USDA Prime Midwestern beef, custom-aged to the peak of flavor, broiled to order at 1800 degrees & served sizzling. Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond offers a variety of exquisite dishes including live Maine lobster, the freshest seafood, chicken & lamb chops. An extensive wine list & private dining rooms are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (45)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Romantic Anniversary DinnershannonlynneDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I had a beautiful dinner with excellent service. The chef even wrote " Happy Anniverary" on our dessert plates and the waiter lit us some candles; I was very touched. My steak almost melted in my mouth and the caesar salad was crisp and delicious. Eating there is not only delightful but you create a memory you will have for a lifetime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent-Reproducible Highest Quality!BarryOVIPDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant consistently performs in five key areas. The AMBIENCE is of the highest quality and the piano music is exemplary for relaxable. We have visited several times and the FOOD QUALITY is not only outstanding---it is REPRODUCIBLY OUTSTANDING---Every single time. The SERVICE is both personal and highly focused on the customer. Their SERVICE has several layers----and the customer feels all of them. From the 'water-servers' and 'bus-boys' to the Wait-staff and the Management that walk the dining, ALL of them are focused on the customer ensuring that the trip to Ruth's Chris is an EXPERIENCE not just a meal. The WINE LIST and staff knowledge of such is also well-done---applicable to all levels of customer desires. Finally, all well-managed, reproducible companies illustrate visible strong MANAGEMENT. Outstanding Management! It is visible and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning to a good experienceFoodrichVIPDined on 11/13/2014Dining in this restaurant has consistently been a great experience for us. Although we don't go as often as we would like, the staff treats us like regular customers. Most times we meet other interesting people in the cozy bar. The menu is consistent with the other Ruth's Chris locations and the food preparation is well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Everything was awesome! The staff and the food. The building was great way different from the other Ruth Chris we have been in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Grand experience for special occasion recommend it for everyone. Food superb and service excellent.Special Features:
- Simply Amazingabutterfly2Dined on 11/7/2014We have dined here several time before but this time was amazing. The service was timely (not too fast or slow) and the food was fantastic. The server suggested the barbeque shrimp to begin with and we tried it. WOW!! It was out of this world delicious! The sauce on it was good on everything- bread, steak, and potatoes! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceBudroDined on 11/3/2014Made a reservation for our 7th wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were greeted and wished a happy anniversary. Upon arriving at our table it was covered in happy birthday confetti! Staff was very apologetic for the oversight but we got a kick out of it, made for a good laugh. Our server James was knowledgeable and friendly. The food was amazing as always. From the salad to the baked potato then the steak and desert, it was all amazing.Special Features:
- Epicurean DelightrealfanDined on 10/31/2014Our recent dining experience reinforced our opinion that Ruth's Chris is the best. Great food. Great service. Can't wait to go again the next time we are in Richmond. Would love to see one in Fredericksburg.Special Features:
- PaulakVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I have been to many Ruth's Chris resturants in many different states and the Richmond restaurant is our favorite. Every year when we are traveling from up north to Naples florida we always stop there for dinner. Then in May we start to head back up north and we stop there again. We have been doing this for many years and we always ask for Kathleen. She is a wonderful server and always makes a feel like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014This is a wonderful restaurant for any special occasion or for just fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencejuniedDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary dinner at Ruth Chris and I cannot say enough wonderful things....from the greeting at the door to the attentive service and exceptional meal, it was a perfect evening!Special Features:
- Anniversary to RememberAnniversayDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I selected this restaurant to celebrate her parents' 56th wedding anniversary. The hostess staff was very pleasant in greeting us upon our arrival and seated us quickly after confirming our reservation. Brian, our waiter, was very polite, professional, and knowledgeable of the daily specials and other menu items. All politely congratulated the anniversary couple, which made their celebration much more memorable. The dinner entrees and dessert were delicious and a perfect end to a wonderful evening of dining and conversation. I highly recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House in Richmond for a special occasion or romantic dinner setting, and based on their outstanding service, other events and meetings as well.Special Features:
- Expected betterPattyDined on 8/30/2014Tuna appetizer was excellent. The remainder of the meal was good, but, not outstanding.Special Features:
- Must Try !!Tiger753Dined on 8/30/2014Must Try is all that needs to be said. I have been in a few 5 star restaurants, the service and the STEAKS in this restaurant are the best. Well lets say that I have known . You owe it to your self your family, to try Ruth's Chris Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBeefeaterDined on 8/29/2014I had the best experience with the service. We were attended by a great waiter, Aubrey. Incredible service. Best I've had...the food was also great, had the filet. Bread pudding is the best dessert on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Food, Service greatGlenandCrystalDined on 8/19/2014Service is always great. Going forward, we will just visit the bar and order off that menu. The last few times we have been for dinner, the dinner has just not met our standards. The food hasn't been up to par, it's either over cooked or not cooked enough.
- Review from Anniversary DinnerWahooChipDined on 8/16/2014Food and overall service was very good. Bar service was very slow through the evening. (Dining room very crowded). Manager came by to inquire and ultimately removed the drinks from our tab. We are regulars and will return!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTJeatsVIPDined on 8/6/2014I was hosting a business dinner and had an incredible server. We ordered a bottle of wine that was not up to par and it was replace without question. The building that this Ruth Chris is one of a kind, a very charming plantation style house. It was a nice change from the typical steakhouse setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurrayDined on 8/2/2014Usually I would give this steak house a perfect rating, but it was definitely under par this night.Special Features:
- 44th Anniversary Dinner CelebrationDivineDined on 8/1/2014We were seated just before our reservation time. Excellent! The waiter did a superb job going through the menu choice s with us. Excellent! The wait time for our first course to be served was minimal. Our dinner was served hot. Excellent! Our waiter did a superb job packing our leftovers which we saved for dinner the next day. Excellent food, excellent ambiance, and excellent waiter......We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 49 YearsKarverlyDined on 7/31/2014We had a great dining experience for our 49th anniversary. Even though our filet and lobster were delicious, my favorite is the wonderful creamed spinach. We washed down our satisfying meal with an oh, so smooth Amarone. Our meal was topped off with a sweet bread pudding drizzled with whiskey sauce that was perfect with our French press coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 344 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond reviews archive.
- OK Meal, Great ServiceTheTumDined on 7/25/2014Why cant this high end steak place cook a steak correctly? Ordered medium rare, got medium to medium well (very little pink). Didn't send back because then disrupts the meal for everyone else. The time before I received the wrong type of steak, when replaced it and it was served essential raw. Side dishes were great. Our server Kyle was excellent. Very professional and attentive as needed.
- just deliciousnoosaDined on 7/10/2014the food was wonderful and everyone was really nice. My son had a birthday and Ruth Chris made it all very special, The waiter was very attentive and made our time very nice and pleasant. A great place for any special occasion, if the prices were a bit cheaper I would go there more ofter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Experienceoff2mbDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our 34th wedding anniversary at Ruth's Chris. Love the venue at this restaurant , as it is an old plantation home. Our server was very attentive, and was able to answer any questions that we had. We were pleased with the menu options (some new ones since our last visit). The steaks were cooked to perfection, and arrived sizzling hot! The lobster mac and cheese is delicious. My husband loves the 1 lb. loaded baked potato (enough left over for breakfast potatoes the next day). The Caesar salad is superb (and I don't usually order it at restaurants), and enough for two to share. We loved the special touches for our anniversary (confetti on the table, and decorated dessert plate). Creme brulee is the way to end a special meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous MealdinerDined on 6/21/2014This is a place for special occasions. It is pricey but well worth it. The food, ambiance and service are outstanding. We have tried other upscale restaurants in the area and Ruth's Chris is one that is worth the money spent.Special Features:
- Dinner with my boss.CamboDined on 6/20/2014We ordered a big filet each; they were cooked perfectly, sizzling in butter. Wonderful Bearnaise and sides. Great cocktails before dinner and a great bottle of wine, and our server, Kathy was a dream with a beautiful Virginia accent. I now do a lot of business in Richmond and will be coming back often.
- Our 39th was made perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014We went to Ruth's Kris restaurant for our 39th wedding anniversary. We opted for private dining and were put into their "Anniversary" room which is intimate and set up for two. We love being away from the other guests in this little intimate room! The food and service was top notch and this really made our anniversary celebration wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DiningSniffyDined on 6/15/2014You never can go wrong when you go to Ruth's Chris as far as the quality of the food. We have been to many in various locations throughout the world and never have been disappointed of the quality or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBobinVirginiaDined on 6/14/2014Only my second trip to a Ruth's Chris and this was far better than the first time which was in Jacksonville.
- Excellent all around!AmapeleDined on 6/12/2014I chose Ruth's Chris Steak House for my husband's birthday dinner while we were staying in Glen Allen. The slightly longer drive was absolutely worth our experience!! Several other restaurants in the area seem to lack good service and personability; however, this is not the case with Ruth's Chris Steak House! From my first phone call to our step out the door everyone we were in contact with made our time wonderfully enjoyable and memorable! My husband is a history major and especially loved the plantation style building. The restaurant even catered to our infant & 6-year old, and didn't give us that regular "Ugh, you brought your kids," attitude that most fine restaunts portray. We will certainly revisit if back in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - as expectedCDinRichmondDined on 6/10/2014Excellent meal! You can count on Ruth's Chris to deliver an excellent dining experience regardless of location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Take it outside, you two"Western57VIPDined on 5/30/2014While we have dined here many times, this was our first dining experience on the patio. It helped that it was a perfect afternoon, but still, it was an outstanding experience. The service was attentive, without being pushy. The food was superb and, while we were nowhere near the piano, speakers brought the music outside to us. Yes, we'll do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's never disappointsBetacheerDined on 5/25/2014Another fantastic meal at Ruth's. Always the spot I pick for my birthday dinner and now the outdoor bar area, with the happy hour specials make this restaurant a great casual destination.Special Features:
- Great dinner at Ruth's Chris...OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Had a great dinner at Ruth's Chris in Midlothian. Loved the steak and Heather provided excellent service. If I am ever in that area again, I will return to Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Wish I had all dayIveseenthemallDined on 5/11/2014Service was slow, but the most concerning thing was the waitress was very irritated when another server was just trying to help. I have been to RC many times and the servers have always helped each other out. This was a little uncomfortable when she asked what are you doing. Perhaps she is new give her a break! She was slow but the desert made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionAshburnDined on 5/9/2014We came for my daughter's graduation. Excellent food, though VERY pricey. Would reserve this for special occasions. The piano player was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerStov47Dined on 5/5/2014My husband & I celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary dinner with son, daughter-in-law and grandson. Wonderful time. David was a great Server, we will be back, but we live in Flordia so it won't be often. Thank you!GreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikegoodfoodDined on 4/30/2014We usually choose Ruth's Chris for special celebrations. They allow you to enjoy great food at a casual pace. The lobster mac and cheese was new and I highly recommend it! Both tuna and steak are perfectly seasoned and cooked the way you like it. All the folks who work there are committed to you having a pleasant dining experience, which we did.Special Features:
- Special TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014As always the dining experience was fantastic. Ruth's Chris of Richmond has been for years, and is our favorite special occasion and many times, no special occasion restaurant. The atmosphere and food make it a very special social experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineDinerDined on 4/20/2014Absolutely outstanding - food, service, everything. I have eaten in fine restaurants all over the country and this is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.