Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond
11500 Huguenot Road
Midlothian, VA 23113Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sizzlingsteak.com/
- Phone: 8043780600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens daily at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Curtis Jenkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond offers three distinctive private dining rooms. The Woolfolk Room for up to 14 and the Garden Rooms for up to 100 guests seated and 150 reception style.
- Private Party Contact: Robin T. Sorensen 8043780600x
- Entertainment: Live Patio Music: Thursdays and Select Fridays 7-10pm
Visit http://goo.gl/1IWrNP for the full schedule.
Pianist Darryl L. Emerson performs live, every Friday and Saturday, in our main dining room from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond. Enjoy generous cuts of USDA Prime Midwestern beef, custom-aged to the peak of flavor, broiled to order at 1800 degrees & served sizzling. Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond offers a variety of exquisite dishes including live Maine lobster, the freshest seafood, chicken & lamb chops. An extensive wine list & private dining rooms are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (37)notable wine list (27)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary to RememberAnniversayDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I selected this restaurant to celebrate her parents' 56th wedding anniversary. The hostess staff was very pleasant in greeting us upon our arrival and seated us quickly after confirming our reservation. Brian, our waiter, was very polite, professional, and knowledgeable of the daily specials and other menu items. All politely congratulated the anniversary couple, which made their celebration much more memorable. The dinner entrees and dessert were delicious and a perfect end to a wonderful evening of dining and conversation. I highly recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House in Richmond for a special occasion or romantic dinner setting, and based on their outstanding service, other events and meetings as well.Special Features:
- Expected betterPattyDined on 8/30/2014Tuna appetizer was excellent. The remainder of the meal was good, but, not outstanding.Special Features:
- Must Try !!Tiger753Dined on 8/30/2014Must Try is all that needs to be said. I have been in a few 5 star restaurants, the service and the STEAKS in this restaurant are the best. Well lets say that I have known . You owe it to your self your family, to try Ruth's Chris Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBeefeaterDined on 8/29/2014I had the best experience with the service. We were attended by a great waiter, Aubrey. Incredible service. Best I've had...the food was also great, had the filet. Bread pudding is the best dessert on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Food, Service greatGlenandCrystalDined on 8/19/2014Service is always great. Going forward, we will just visit the bar and order off that menu. The last few times we have been for dinner, the dinner has just not met our standards. The food hasn't been up to par, it's either over cooked or not cooked enough.
- Review from Anniversary DinnerWahooChipDined on 8/16/2014Food and overall service was very good. Bar service was very slow through the evening. (Dining room very crowded). Manager came by to inquire and ultimately removed the drinks from our tab. We are regulars and will return!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTJeatsVIPDined on 8/6/2014I was hosting a business dinner and had an incredible server. We ordered a bottle of wine that was not up to par and it was replace without question. The building that this Ruth Chris is one of a kind, a very charming plantation style house. It was a nice change from the typical steakhouse setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurrayDined on 8/2/2014Usually I would give this steak house a perfect rating, but it was definitely under par this night.Special Features:
- 44th Anniversary Dinner CelebrationDivineDined on 8/1/2014We were seated just before our reservation time. Excellent! The waiter did a superb job going through the menu choice s with us. Excellent! The wait time for our first course to be served was minimal. Our dinner was served hot. Excellent! Our waiter did a superb job packing our leftovers which we saved for dinner the next day. Excellent food, excellent ambiance, and excellent waiter......We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 49 YearsKarverlyDined on 7/31/2014We had a great dining experience for our 49th anniversary. Even though our filet and lobster were delicious, my favorite is the wonderful creamed spinach. We washed down our satisfying meal with an oh, so smooth Amarone. Our meal was topped off with a sweet bread pudding drizzled with whiskey sauce that was perfect with our French press coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Meal, Great ServiceTheTumDined on 7/25/2014Why cant this high end steak place cook a steak correctly? Ordered medium rare, got medium to medium well (very little pink). Didn't send back because then disrupts the meal for everyone else. The time before I received the wrong type of steak, when replaced it and it was served essential raw. Side dishes were great. Our server Kyle was excellent. Very professional and attentive as needed.
- just deliciousnoosaDined on 7/10/2014the food was wonderful and everyone was really nice. My son had a birthday and Ruth Chris made it all very special, The waiter was very attentive and made our time very nice and pleasant. A great place for any special occasion, if the prices were a bit cheaper I would go there more ofter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Experienceoff2mbDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our 34th wedding anniversary at Ruth's Chris. Love the venue at this restaurant , as it is an old plantation home. Our server was very attentive, and was able to answer any questions that we had. We were pleased with the menu options (some new ones since our last visit). The steaks were cooked to perfection, and arrived sizzling hot! The lobster mac and cheese is delicious. My husband loves the 1 lb. loaded baked potato (enough left over for breakfast potatoes the next day). The Caesar salad is superb (and I don't usually order it at restaurants), and enough for two to share. We loved the special touches for our anniversary (confetti on the table, and decorated dessert plate). Creme brulee is the way to end a special meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous MealdinerDined on 6/21/2014This is a place for special occasions. It is pricey but well worth it. The food, ambiance and service are outstanding. We have tried other upscale restaurants in the area and Ruth's Chris is one that is worth the money spent.Special Features:
- Dinner with my boss.CamboDined on 6/20/2014We ordered a big filet each; they were cooked perfectly, sizzling in butter. Wonderful Bearnaise and sides. Great cocktails before dinner and a great bottle of wine, and our server, Kathy was a dream with a beautiful Virginia accent. I now do a lot of business in Richmond and will be coming back often.
- Our 39th was made perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014We went to Ruth's Kris restaurant for our 39th wedding anniversary. We opted for private dining and were put into their "Anniversary" room which is intimate and set up for two. We love being away from the other guests in this little intimate room! The food and service was top notch and this really made our anniversary celebration wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DiningSniffyDined on 6/15/2014You never can go wrong when you go to Ruth's Chris as far as the quality of the food. We have been to many in various locations throughout the world and never have been disappointed of the quality or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBobinVirginiaDined on 6/14/2014Only my second trip to a Ruth's Chris and this was far better than the first time which was in Jacksonville.
- Excellent all around!AmapeleDined on 6/12/2014I chose Ruth's Chris Steak House for my husband's birthday dinner while we were staying in Glen Allen. The slightly longer drive was absolutely worth our experience!! Several other restaurants in the area seem to lack good service and personability; however, this is not the case with Ruth's Chris Steak House! From my first phone call to our step out the door everyone we were in contact with made our time wonderfully enjoyable and memorable! My husband is a history major and especially loved the plantation style building. The restaurant even catered to our infant & 6-year old, and didn't give us that regular "Ugh, you brought your kids," attitude that most fine restaunts portray. We will certainly revisit if back in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - as expectedCDinRichmondDined on 6/10/2014Excellent meal! You can count on Ruth's Chris to deliver an excellent dining experience regardless of location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 334 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Richmond reviews archive.
- "Take it outside, you two"Western57VIPDined on 5/30/2014While we have dined here many times, this was our first dining experience on the patio. It helped that it was a perfect afternoon, but still, it was an outstanding experience. The service was attentive, without being pushy. The food was superb and, while we were nowhere near the piano, speakers brought the music outside to us. Yes, we'll do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's never disappointsBetacheerDined on 5/25/2014Another fantastic meal at Ruth's. Always the spot I pick for my birthday dinner and now the outdoor bar area, with the happy hour specials make this restaurant a great casual destination.Special Features:
- Great dinner at Ruth's Chris...OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Had a great dinner at Ruth's Chris in Midlothian. Loved the steak and Heather provided excellent service. If I am ever in that area again, I will return to Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Wish I had all dayIveseenthemallDined on 5/11/2014Service was slow, but the most concerning thing was the waitress was very irritated when another server was just trying to help. I have been to RC many times and the servers have always helped each other out. This was a little uncomfortable when she asked what are you doing. Perhaps she is new give her a break! She was slow but the desert made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionAshburnDined on 5/9/2014We came for my daughter's graduation. Excellent food, though VERY pricey. Would reserve this for special occasions. The piano player was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerStov47Dined on 5/5/2014My husband & I celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary dinner with son, daughter-in-law and grandson. Wonderful time. David was a great Server, we will be back, but we live in Flordia so it won't be often. Thank you!GreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikegoodfoodDined on 4/30/2014We usually choose Ruth's Chris for special celebrations. They allow you to enjoy great food at a casual pace. The lobster mac and cheese was new and I highly recommend it! Both tuna and steak are perfectly seasoned and cooked the way you like it. All the folks who work there are committed to you having a pleasant dining experience, which we did.Special Features:
- Special TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014As always the dining experience was fantastic. Ruth's Chris of Richmond has been for years, and is our favorite special occasion and many times, no special occasion restaurant. The atmosphere and food make it a very special social experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineDinerDined on 4/20/2014Absolutely outstanding - food, service, everything. I have eaten in fine restaurants all over the country and this is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steak - tables too smallBradfordDined on 4/19/2014Food outshined the few issues we had with our visit. Steaks were ordered at different temps by all of four us and each one came out perfectly. However, we felt squished with the amount of table space. Barely enough space with salads and bread and when our food arrived early; no where to place these wonderful steaks especially with the searing hot temp of the plates. Hostess was clueless in trying to find our reservation when two of the four had already checked in. It took her another ten minutes to realize that she had already seated them.Special Features:
- Great steak and fishmalone5Dined on 4/12/2014We always go to this restaurant when we are in town and the food and service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AniverseryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014This restaurant is great for any occasion. If you want a great night out with friends and family, or just the right place to go with your special person, you will find a great experience.Special Features:
- RRRSuntimeDined on 4/6/2014Return Ruth's Restaurant......We have always come here for many special occasions and one big special occasion was our wedding reception in July 2009. Whenever we bring friends here they are impressed with the food, service and ambiance .... Hopefully we will have many other occasions to celebrate.Special Features:
- First Rate ServiceWonBHBearDined on 3/27/2014Always in the top two of steak restaurants in the Richmond area and they never disappoint. We are always pleased with the relaxing and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Nice visit!KIRKEMOMDined on 3/15/2014We had a gift card and hadn't decided to trek down to midlothian to try the local Ruth's Chris, but it was a beautiful historic Plantation Home converted to a restaurant, so it had the dependability of grest food, service, etc. you get from a Ruth's Chris without any of the thought of this being a restaurant you could experience otherwise. We were genuinely surprised at what a great choice it was! Service and food was excellent- its a dining experience where you truly come to simply enjoy every part of your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/15/2014My wife and I had a function to attend in Richmond, which happened to fall on the date of our second anniversary. I had heard about Ruth's Chris Steak House but had never been to one. So I checked to see if there was one in the Richmond area and found that it was just a few minutes from our hotel. Accordingly, I made reservations. Cindy had the barbecued shrimp, and I had the ahi tuna stack. Both were terrific. Having been told about the bread pudding, we ordered that for dessert. As an added touch, they wrote "Happy Anniversary" on our plate in chocolate. We were both glad we went there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014I used to enjoy going there. Recently went for a birthday dinner with my girlfriend. The waitress was inattentive and distracted, took our shrimp sauce away even though we asked to keep it, and would not check on our table for a long time. I had to wait and wait for another tea refill which never came (the restaurant, btw, was not busy, so no excuse). The food itself was mediocre, the quality of steaks has gone way downhill in particular. Otherwise the atmosphere was pleasant as always and the other staff was courteous and well trained.
- 40th Anniv.shoozieVIPDined on 3/2/2014Born and raised in Richmond, Va. we are truly lucky to have Ruth's Chris in our city. It is our go to resturaunt when we have out of town company or need a special place to dine for those special occasions.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal and superb servicehappyhoosDined on 3/1/2014We've been to this Ruth's Chris many times and have yet to be let down. This time, we had a weekend without the kids and my wife had a gift card she had earned through her employer. Other than having to wait about 10 minutes to be seated (when we had reservations), i have absolutely not critiques. Food was fantastic, wait staff was excellent and ambiance is wonderful here. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKBuckp2Dined on 3/1/2014Ruth's Chris is known for their steaks. When I can grill a better steak at home with inferior equipment, there's a problem. The cost is too great for fair food.Special Features: