Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
5433 Westheimer Rd, Ste 100
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: (713) 840-1433
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Padilla
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Houston, TX - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Four private dining rooms are available, depending on your group"s size and special needs: Wine Cellar Room: Seating Capacity: Social Event: Up to 8 guests Private Room I: Seating Capacity: Social Event: 20- to 36 guests Business Presentation: 25-30 guests Square Footage: 541. Private Room II: Seating Capacity: Social Event: 20- to 36 guests Business Presentation: 25-30 guests Square Footage: 541. Private Room I & II Combined: Seating Capacity: Social Event: 50-72 guests Business Presentation: 50-65 guests Square Footage: 1,082 Private Room III: Seating Capacity: Social Event: 40-55 guests Business Presentation: 40-45 guests Square Footage: 840 We required a food & Beverage Minimum of $1,o00.00 to open the restaurant for a private functions during the day or for lunch time.
- Private Party Contact: Liliana Estrada 7138401566
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Houston, TX serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (69)notable wine list (43)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (35)vibrant bar scene (15)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Exemplary Service & a Perfectly Cooked MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014Our waiter was very accommodating and saw to it that we did not have to ask for anything...his timing was very good. And our food was very tasteful....our steaks were awesome cuts and cooked just as we requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I have been multiple times, and I love it here.The service is great, food is always amazing, and the atmosphere is wonderful. Traffic is rough around the holidays though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always above expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We dine there on a regular basis and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awesome. The service was excellent.Love2dineDined on 11/15/2014We have been there several times and are always very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for DinnerSanjayDined on 11/10/2014The food was great but ambiance is very open. I went there for my birthday party, and the food and service was excellent. I was slightly disappointed with the lighting and seating arrangement, as it doesn't give you privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalLuisDined on 11/9/2014We've been going to Ruth's Chris for over five years now , and everything is always great, The food items and drinks are always prepared in a consistent mannerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in HoustonGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 11/8/2014Without question, this is our favorite steakhouse in Houston. Not only do we get the table we request, but we have virtually no wait for a table. The tables are spaced far enough apart that you're not part of the conversation at the next table, and you don't have to yell to be heard at your own table. But the food is the big draw--steaks that are perfectly done and rely on their own flavor (not overseasoned). My wife's ribeye had very little visible fat on it, and my 14-oz strip sirloin was incredible! Sides are as good as you'll find anywhere, especially the giant onion rings. Great wine selections, even by the glass. Beautiful surroundings make this a near-perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencetexasjayDined on 11/8/2014Great food, wine, and atmosphere! Steak cook to perfection.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014Excellent steaks, some of the best in Houston. Location is off Westhiemer, which is a new spot and not updated in many vehicle on-board navigation systems. Be sure to check a google map first.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014The food really didn't wow me. There are at least 3 other steakhouses I would prefer going to over RC. Also, the booths are incredibly uncomfortable with 90 degree back.
- Great steak; sides not so good!WilcoxbdDined on 10/30/2014Husband and I spend every major occasion celebrating at Houston's high end steakhouses. Ruth's Chris can not compare to Pappas Bros. but it is better than Del Frisco. Husband loved his ribeye; it reheated well also, and my stuffed chicken breast was to die for. The crab cake was decent, but the lobster Mac and cheese/creamed spinach need lots of work...start with Salt. The new restaurant is very nice compared to the Richmond location, and the waiter was gracious but not overbearing. The bar scene was on and popping; very intergenerational crowd. Definitely a place for the girls to hang! Overall is was good, but we desire great for that price...Pappas here we come!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous service.Bubble100Dined on 10/30/2014Our server was wonderful & steaks were perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !!!!CoolswedeDined on 10/25/2014We all had the best steaks ever !!!!! Perfect in every way !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Ruth's Chris is our go-to special occasion spot. That said, their "Classic" specials are getting pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceFabulousDined on 10/19/2014Went to Ruth Chris for my wife's birthday. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!!!MyLifeInFoodDined on 10/13/2014I have been here too many times to count, but each visit is always a treat. This visit I had the Filet (Med. Well) with spinach au gratin and the sweet potato casserole. It was amazing!!!!! Even the leftovers were incredible. Ruth's never disappoints with their service either. Can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014Always a great steak and the sweet potato casserole is one of a kind.Special Features:
- The new Ruth Chris is excellent!ChantelleVIPDined on 10/1/2014Great dining room, service and food..... Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Objective reviewDiningfordatenightsDined on 9/27/2014Great dining experience for date night with my husband. Will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiancethewoods1Dined on 9/26/2014I visit this restaurant about 3 times a year. And each time is better than the last. The food is terrific and never disappoints. Staff is always courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicescshockDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate his birthday. Too bad we couldn't get the window seats even I made a reservation. But the steak was very delicious and great services too.Special Features:
- Went for birthday dinner, but..CheatdayDined on 9/20/2014I ordered steak like I typically do, but for some reason, it was tough and tasteless this time. My order was med temp, cajun seasoning. Initially, my steak was prepared incorrectly. Tough with a hard exterior. The second steak was med temp, but still very tough. Stephanie, my server, was incredibly nice and tried to fix the issue, but I didn't want to put her out. I am always pleased, but today was tough to chew. Sorry..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentBeverlyDined on 9/17/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House has always been on my short list of favorites for great food, service and beautiful surroundings in an excellent location. It is very hard to find anything to complain about there. It just keeps getting better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceAlwaysTryingNewPlacesDined on 9/5/2014It was just an okay dinner, and when you are spending that kind of money you do not want it to be just okay.Special Features:
- special eventscammacDined on 8/31/2014we have been going to Ruths Chris for our anniversary for years. can't beat the food or serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good over all.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but the service was a bit slow. We rarely saw our server and another and it seemed like we had been forgotten a couple of times. It took approximately 25 minutes to get the bill after we finished out dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Every time I visit its always a nice experience, it was my friends birthday they decorated table with little birthday decor and she also was able to recieve a free desert of choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Outstanding as ususal. THe excellence is always assured at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Classy, but comfortable atmosphereHchapmanDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed dinner with my wife and parents celebrating 13 years of dating. We had blast. We enjoyed the waitstaff. They were a terrific addition to our night, providing excellent service... And humor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The server was very attentive, we ordered steak spinach, and sweet potatoes, the best meal we've had in a whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the place to bring someone specialthepilotDined on 8/28/2014If you have a special event coming up, this is the place to bring the one you wish to impress. Great food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakChristmasdinnerDined on 8/28/2014I have been to a lot of high end resturants, Palm, De Frisco's and Perry's. By far this was the BEST Medium Filet I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FinedineserverfoodieDined on 8/24/2014Came in to enjoy HRW menu for the first time with friends. Service was mediocre but our server seemed to be busy with at least 4 other tables. Not sure if dropping off to go boxes and bags was a way of service but that was odd. Ambiance was nice and noise level wasn't so loud at all. It was so nice to see a ribeye for HRW and that's what prompted our visit. Looking forward to it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good.MessiDined on 8/23/2014However, even after making a reservation, we had to wait good 40 minutes....We expected to be sited at least 5 or 10 minutes of waiting! ! 45 was too long!! Other wise everything was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfulMotowngirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014First time there during HRW, food was just awesome, had the steak of course and it was probably the best steak I've ever had. My husband had the lobster he said it was also great. Don and Alexis were great wait staff attentive but not over-bearing. Also recommend the Dirty Goose Martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpresseddalebeerDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. There are much better steaks in the area for a lower price.Special Features:
- 53 Minutes to be SeatedOSGHGWDined on 8/21/2014Reservations 9pm, Party of 6. Checked in with hostess at 8:59pm and was alerted "we are clean up tables, it going to be little wait." No problem how about party how is still slowing walking in from valet have a cocktail and wait to be seated. Goose Martini's water great conversation and we waited. 25 minutes I check back with the hostess.. We are all here... 45 minutes.. Hey what is going on.. She responds "WOW time flies give me 10 more minutes we are cleaning a table now." 53 Minutes later she comes over and says your table is ready, sorry for the wait. The food was great. Dragan out waiter was excellent!! But damn 53 Minutes really Ruth Chris??Special Features:
- An old favoritewordsmithDined on 8/20/2014We started going to Ruth's Chris in August long before Restaurant Week came to be. A birthday in our family has made it a tradition. This year, the food was a bit disappointing, though the service was still top notch. The stuffed mushrooms were mundane, really needing some flavor. I took chicken - yes, chicken at a steak place - but have had it before and knew it to be excellent. Not so much in 2014. And I ordered an extra dessert, opting to take the delicious cheesecake that came with the RW meal to a friend. My "extra" banana cream pie with caramelized bananas and white chocolate was about as tasteless as they could have made it. Kudos to the wine list, which features excellent choices even in the "by the glass" option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 birthdays 8 n 17Bdaygirl08Dined on 8/18/2014On 8/18/14.Great service. Ribeye and filet mignon were superb. Bread pudding is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner spot!WooHooDined on 8/17/2014Dinner was delicious! Service was great! Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.