Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
5433 Westheimer Rd, Ste 100
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 7138401433
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Padilla
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Houston, TX - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Four private dining rooms are available, depending on your group"s size and special needs: Wine Cellar Room: Seating Capacity: Social Event: Up to 8 guests Private Room I: Seating Capacity: Social Event: 20- to 36 guests Business Presentation: 25-30 guests Square Footage: 541. Private Room II: Seating Capacity: Social Event: 20- to 36 guests Business Presentation: 25-30 guests Square Footage: 541. Private Room I & II Combined: Seating Capacity: Social Event: 50-72 guests Business Presentation: 50-65 guests Square Footage: 1,082 Private Room III: Seating Capacity: Social Event: 40-55 guests Business Presentation: 40-45 guests Square Footage: 840 We required a food & Beverage Minimum of $1,o00.00 to open the restaurant for a private functions during the day or for lunch time.
- Private Party Contact: Liliana Estrada 7138401566
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Houston, TX serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (65)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Consistently ExcellentBeverlyDined on 9/17/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House has always been on my short list of favorites for great food, service and beautiful surroundings in an excellent location. It is very hard to find anything to complain about there. It just keeps getting better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceAlwaysTryingNewPlacesDined on 9/5/2014It was just an okay dinner, and when you are spending that kind of money you do not want it to be just okay.Special Features:
- special eventscammacDined on 8/31/2014we have been going to Ruths Chris for our anniversary for years. can't beat the food or serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good over all.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but the service was a bit slow. We rarely saw our server and another and it seemed like we had been forgotten a couple of times. It took approximately 25 minutes to get the bill after we finished out dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Every time I visit its always a nice experience, it was my friends birthday they decorated table with little birthday decor and she also was able to recieve a free desert of choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Outstanding as ususal. THe excellence is always assured at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Classy, but comfortable atmosphereHchapmanDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed dinner with my wife and parents celebrating 13 years of dating. We had blast. We enjoyed the waitstaff. They were a terrific addition to our night, providing excellent service... And humor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The server was very attentive, we ordered steak spinach, and sweet potatoes, the best meal we've had in a whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the place to bring someone specialthepilotDined on 8/28/2014If you have a special event coming up, this is the place to bring the one you wish to impress. Great food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakChristmasdinnerDined on 8/28/2014I have been to a lot of high end resturants, Palm, De Frisco's and Perry's. By far this was the BEST Medium Filet I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FinedineserverfoodieDined on 8/24/2014Came in to enjoy HRW menu for the first time with friends. Service was mediocre but our server seemed to be busy with at least 4 other tables. Not sure if dropping off to go boxes and bags was a way of service but that was odd. Ambiance was nice and noise level wasn't so loud at all. It was so nice to see a ribeye for HRW and that's what prompted our visit. Looking forward to it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good.MessiDined on 8/23/2014However, even after making a reservation, we had to wait good 40 minutes....We expected to be sited at least 5 or 10 minutes of waiting! ! 45 was too long!! Other wise everything was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfulMotowngirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014First time there during HRW, food was just awesome, had the steak of course and it was probably the best steak I've ever had. My husband had the lobster he said it was also great. Don and Alexis were great wait staff attentive but not over-bearing. Also recommend the Dirty Goose Martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpresseddalebeerDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. There are much better steaks in the area for a lower price.Special Features:
- 53 Minutes to be SeatedOSGHGWDined on 8/21/2014Reservations 9pm, Party of 6. Checked in with hostess at 8:59pm and was alerted "we are clean up tables, it going to be little wait." No problem how about party how is still slowing walking in from valet have a cocktail and wait to be seated. Goose Martini's water great conversation and we waited. 25 minutes I check back with the hostess.. We are all here... 45 minutes.. Hey what is going on.. She responds "WOW time flies give me 10 more minutes we are cleaning a table now." 53 Minutes later she comes over and says your table is ready, sorry for the wait. The food was great. Dragan out waiter was excellent!! But damn 53 Minutes really Ruth Chris??Special Features:
- An old favoritewordsmithDined on 8/20/2014We started going to Ruth's Chris in August long before Restaurant Week came to be. A birthday in our family has made it a tradition. This year, the food was a bit disappointing, though the service was still top notch. The stuffed mushrooms were mundane, really needing some flavor. I took chicken - yes, chicken at a steak place - but have had it before and knew it to be excellent. Not so much in 2014. And I ordered an extra dessert, opting to take the delicious cheesecake that came with the RW meal to a friend. My "extra" banana cream pie with caramelized bananas and white chocolate was about as tasteless as they could have made it. Kudos to the wine list, which features excellent choices even in the "by the glass" option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 birthdays 8 n 17Bdaygirl08Dined on 8/18/2014On 8/18/14.Great service. Ribeye and filet mignon were superb. Bread pudding is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner spot!WooHooDined on 8/17/2014Dinner was delicious! Service was great! Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weeks date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere was nice, food was good, don't get me wrong, but for the amount we spent, even being for restaurant weeks, the same kind of steak and chicken tastes same or better at lower priced restaurants we have eaten at. The Mescato was excellent, my steak was good, but not great. My hubby had the stuffed chicken, it looked like chicken I bake at home, though the flavor was good, still, wasn't great for the amount of money we spent. Would recommend the restaurant, but for a special occasion only due to the ambiance it provides, but Texas Roadhouse and Saltgrass restaurants are equivalent quality with a much more affordable bill.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris knows steakLuvFoodDined on 8/16/2014Ruth's Chris know how to cook a steak, so much flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Quite Hit The Mark...SincirDined on 8/15/2014We arrived 2 hrs prior to the reservation and was immediately kindly seated in a nice large booth. After 5 min in the booth, It became obvious why the booth was vacant. The group behind us were so loud, it was a nusance. We had to increase our volume to hear each speak. Apparently, group dining is best during that time. I ordered the Ribeye from the Restaurant Week menu. I was slightly disappointed with the preparation. Requested Medium cooked with crab cake topping and received medium well steak. Regretted not returning the steak because part ways into it, there was more fat than meat. That said, more than 1/2 the steak went uneaten. Nonetheless, the Ceasar salad and symphony dessert was highly pleasing paired with the Red wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pat KpatkDined on 8/15/2014We visited during Houston restaurant weeks and the selections were terrific! The french onion soup was incredible and my husband loved his filet. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- HRW 2014LeightyKDined on 8/14/2014went here for HRW with a few coworkers and the food and service were amazing. nothing but good things to say. recommend.Special Features:
- Great food Great serviceTiffanyDined on 8/10/2014We went as a group of 4 during resturant week, in support of the Houston food bank. Great menu, with great choices and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticVIPDined on 8/10/2014Service was fantastic Enjoyed the menu for Houston restaurant weekI would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining Experience - AlmostCactexanDined on 8/10/2014An outstanding dining experience. Service was attentive but not hovering and the meal was perfectly cooked and presented. Very pricey but worth every penny. The correct dress code is "country-club" casual for early evening on a Sunday to dressy - and at these prices should be - very inappropriately dressed diners were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWealthArchitectDined on 8/10/2014This was our first time eating at this particular steakhouse, and we have a new found appreciation for Ruth Chris' competitors. We had a reservation, and still had to wait for ten minutes to be seated for some unknown reason. The restaurant wasn't busy, maybe five other tables were occupied. Service was extremely slow,even with a duo service "team", and off peak traffic. Just seemed like it was understaffed, with servers setting tables, clearing tables, etc. The food was mediocre and relatively bland. Crab cake was "fishy" and didn't seem fresh; likewise, the sides tasted like they can out a can. The environment was nice and RC is rather quite place to eat. However, this was one dinning "experience" we are glad is over.Special Features:
- VickiDined on 8/9/2014The French onion soup was excellent with a nice cheese topping. The house salad was fresh. The steaks were perfectly cooked. The mushrooms and mash potatoes were alright. The cocktail,Bee's Knees, was very good. Smooth and refreshing. Our server was pleasant and not overbearing which is always a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICEfoodcriticDined on 8/8/2014Waitress was not knowledgeable on menu items, and went as far as insulting the table stating that we did not know what cocktail sauce is nor used for. The waitress, Terri, was not attentive to our table of three, and focused her attention solely on the table besides us. This led me to believe that Terri was a poor waitress to my table by choice, not that this was her first day on the job, or having an off moment...not by far. The one thing that differentiated my table from the next table is my race. The poor service began from the moment we were seated, as if she presumed she would not get a tip because we are African American. This is a common presumption. She was short, condescending, and simply rude.Special Features:
- Dining at Ruth ChrisCynthiaDined on 8/7/2014Ruth Chris is an exceptional Houston restaurant. Attentive wait staff and outstanding good make it a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; slow serviceChantelleVIPDined on 8/7/2014The new restaurant is very nice.... Food is great but service is very very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely time at Ruth's ChrisHoustonDinerDined on 8/3/2014We recently went to Ruth's Chris as part of Houston Restaurant Weeks. Although, we ordered from the special menu, the food appeared to be the normal, dinner size portions. Everything was delicious and the steaks were perfectly prepared. The service was outstanding too. We went with another couple that we had not seen for a while and had a lot of catching up to do. Our server perfectly judged the timing between leaving us alone and making sure we had everything we needed. The restaurant atmosphere is lovely and sophisticated. All of us were happy that we decided to have our dinner here.Special Features:
- steakconnoiseurDined on 8/3/2014Great rib-eye and awesome strawberry gimblet! However, the martini glass had a lipstick stain on it. Fortunately, I noticed it right before the server was going to pour the drink. The server took it to the kitchen and brought "another" martini glass. To my surprise (and disgust), it seemed as though he took it to the back, just wiped off the stain with a napkin, and brought the same one back! I could see the condensation on the rim of the glass had been wiped off with a napkin. The server said it's not the same one, but I didn't want to take a chance. I just drank it out of the wine glass that's set on the table. I was disappointed with the server's unprofessionalism and service.Special Features:
- Great DinnerFOODEPDined on 8/2/2014Really had a great dinner and sat in a room far to the back. Food was delicious...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good special occasion locationJohnDDined on 8/2/2014Came for a birthday celebration and Restaurant Week. Food and service were excellent. Ordered a filet mignon and a ribeye medium rare. Filet was perfect. The ribeye which was half the thickness was more medium but was very flavorful. Sides were good but nothing special except the mushrooms which were excellent. The symphony dessert, cinnamon cheesecake with chocolate bark was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantIATravelerDined on 8/1/2014The Ruth's classic menu was perfect. I enjoyed all of my courses and the filet was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRWLove2eatDined on 8/1/2014My family came for HRW. We were excited to try a new steakhouse and let the kids experience fine dining. Food was great. The salads were very enjoyable. To the good stuff. The ribeye and salmon was cooked perfect with lots of flavor. The mash potatoes and all the desserts just melts in your mouth. Perfecto!! On the other hand, the filet and the sautéed mushrooms were lacking flavor. The service is definitely not up to par with other fine dining restaurants. Horrible! Our waitress took forever with everything. When she saw me pouring my own wine, she told me she could have done that for me. Really, it's been empty for over 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the BEST!Bbrfk74VIPDined on 8/1/2014Jose was amazing! My sister and I took our niece (brother's daughter) for her birthday to her first trip to Ruth Chris. The service was above and beyond our expectations. The food of course is always consistently wonderful and there isn't any place better, but Jose really made the night very special. Also Mike too was always there if we needed anything. And they both were very happy to help. Will definitely come here first before anywhere else.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014we waited 45 minutes for our table. granted we wanted a particular section of the restaurant. we had the same person waiting on us as before. she wasn't very good the first time and not much of an improvement this time. two of our steaks were grilled wrong. one not enough, the other too much. their food is great, so i can't say what happened this time. i will say they need better wait staff.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Great dining experience always!Special Features: