Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh
4381 Lassiter @ North Hills Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-raleigh.com/
- Phone: 9197911103x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Paula Fitzgibbon - 919.791.1103
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Raleigh is located in the vibrant midtown community of North Hills. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs and our Raleigh steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere of casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (81)notable wine list (35)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Enjoyed every Minute...CaliDined on 9/20/2014I had reservations for 8:45 pm but end up getting there around 8:20. I only had to wait for about 5 -8 minutes and I was seated at my table. The waiter was excellent and very attentive but not overbearing. He made excellent recommendations and the food was great. We truly enjoyed ourselves and will be back again.Special Features:
- Food for thoughtDinetimeDined on 9/20/2014Anniversary dinner. Overall, staff was nice and they tried to please. Steaks had good flavor. Ribeye was overcooked. Sides were baked potato that tasted old. Asparagus was ok but nothing special..Sides cost way too much for flavor you get. Salads were okay. Overrated for price. Would not go again. DisappointedSpecial Features:
- Fine ExperienceRogerDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner experience at Ruth Chris. Our car was taken for at the door by 2 very courteous valets. Once inside, we were seated right away at a table that was immaculate and separated from others enough for semi-privacy. Our steak was succulent and tender. The service was great.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceReaderGirl87Dined on 9/13/2014We had eaten at a Ruth Chris down in Orlando and decided to try the Raleigh location which was close to home. We were extremely pleased. We had an issue with our table - dark corner and it wobbled a lot. There were no tables available immediately so we chose to sit in the lounge and wait. The manager treated us to cocktails and an appetizer while we waited. When our table was ready, our waiter, Kyle, was fabulous. The food was prepared perfectly and all in all, it was an amazing night. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- verlon in ncdinenut96Dined on 9/13/2014food was excellent, hot plates kept food at good temp throughout meal wait staff was very attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Luv2gooutDined on 9/13/2014Ruth Chris has been a favorite restaurant for us several years. The hot plates make the food so delicious. The servers there are very attentive. It is a wonderful place to go for a special occasion. The little extras of flower petals & chocolate writing on dessert plates add to a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- EVERYTHING GREAT!Gregga62Dined on 9/13/20145 stars all over! Had a wonderful, wonderful time. Service, food, everything was top shelf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn10Dined on 9/8/2014Beautiful restaurant. Service & food was excellent!Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had dinner at Ruth's Chris North Raleigh to celebrate our anniversary and it was a very nice experience. Thank you for the rose petals on the table, wonderful service, and delicious dessert! This is one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions or happy hour with friends. Staff was all very friendly and approachable, which makes the experience worthwhile, too. Excellent service overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!SnoopyDined on 8/25/2014This is a great place for any special occasion! Food was good. Service was great! Would go back again.Special Features:
- All Around SuperbPaulPapsDined on 8/24/2014We had a reservation (via OpenTable) and indicated a 40th anniversary celebration. Seated promptly. Server was excellent. She did not rush us, was happy to talk about the menu, corked our wine per our order / wishes, and was always pleasant. The food was absolutely outstanding. They use fresh ingredients and simple presentation but the flavors are profoundly delicious. We were not disappointed by any of our dishes. We all ordered from the classics menu and added a couple of sides for the table. Worked out quite well. The manager also checked our satisfaction with everything. It is such a classy operation from start to finish. Everyone from the hostess, to the manager, to the server acknowledged the 40th anniversary. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealdrjonDined on 8/23/2014As usual a great meal with above average service. Always a consistent meal at this locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!MandaDined on 8/23/2014The food is always outstanding & the service is impeccable! Ask for Vernon, he will take great care of you. From the drinks, to the food to the bar everything is top notch. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, but the Steak?GmanVIPDined on 8/12/2014Have dined at many Ruch's Chris Steak Houses across the country. This one was just OK. The shrimp cocktail was a bit soggy, the caesar salad very dry and the New York Strip steak was also dry and definately not prime or choice. It was flavorless and contained a lot of gristle.. I doctored with a bit of salt, pepper and some butter, which made it somewhat edible, but @$45, one would have expected more. On the positive side, service was outstanding. Bartender makes a HUGE martini perfectly.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris RaleighDMMsDined on 8/12/2014We visit about twice a year. This was the second time in a row that we've had a problem with the appetizer. Both times Manager was very good at taking care of it but it is not up to our expectations. Our Entrees were excellent as usual.This visit our main server was very abrupt and we did not feel the warmth and courtesy of our previous visits.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Adam was a fantastic server. Great personality and very attentive. The manager is always so pleasant and professional too. Great experience as always. Consistentcy is key and this restaurant just gets it each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentjoejamie14VIPDined on 8/8/2014Dined at Ruths Chris Steak House 8/8/14 and as usual had an excellent meal with excellent service. Efficient service allowed us to be right on time for Keith Urban concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!!Live2EatDined on 8/3/2014Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and made excellent recommendations. The food was delicious!!! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like old timesSunzachDined on 8/1/2014I have missed Ruth's Chris. I started going to the Broad St. location in New Orleans back in the 80's. Ruth was a good friend. I had become less enthralled with all of the franchise stores, because they lacked the same generous spirit. Everything felt so controlled, from the portions to the people. This particular evening was like I remembered. I had no complaints at all. The service was excellent, the food perfect, and our celebration was exactly what we were hoping for. I hope I can count on a repeat every time!Special Features:
- RodWinsDined on 8/1/2014Classic. From the sizzle of the steaks to the attentiveness of the staff, this Ruth's rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dining feedbackHeartOfSteakDined on 8/1/2014Everything was great from food to service. Our server was Kyle, and he was very knowledgable about the company and the food itself. This was our first time here because we had a gift card. The prices are much too expensive for us, so until we receive another gift card we won't be back, but if money wasn't an issue, we would come here weekly. My husband said the ribeye has forever ruined him, because he will never have another ribeye as good as the one he was served. Thank you very much for a once in a lifetime dining experience, perfect for our first date night In our new home. (just moved here from CA).Special Features:
- AwesomeMikeDined on 8/1/2014Been here several times and it is always great. Have not had a better steak anywhere. Staff are friendly and on time with service. Wife and I went two notes in a row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best AmbienceShrekieDined on 7/31/2014I think the ambience at this location is one of the best. The room has rich qualities that lend itself to creating the fine dining experience that Ruth's Chris offers. The food, of course, was excellent. Overall, the patrons of this restaurant were better dressed than most, which shows the respect that it deserves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When is a steak not a steakHungryJackDined on 7/26/2014I have eaten in several of Ruth's Chris Steak Houses in the past and have always gotten a tasty piece of meat. The meat served at the North Raleigh location lacked the flavor which I have come to expect. My 15 year old son and I both had the 11 oz. fillet and both were bland. In addition, the steaks were switched, he ordered medium well and I medium. Because he didn't say anything until half way through the meal, it was not worth mentioning to the waitress. We switched steaks after he mentioned it to me. This was his first time at Ruth's and I didn't want to spoil his experience. It was very unfortunate and disappointing, the taste and the mix-up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryKnewYawkYankyDined on 7/26/2014I've been to a Ruth's Chris in Alexandria, Virginia but the Raleigh restaurant is by far the most exquisite dining experience I've ever had. Our waiter was polite, knowledgeable and spot on with all of our courses. Thumbs up!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinneroneproudgrandmaDined on 7/19/2014The food, service and ambiance is superb. Ruth Chris is on suitable for us only when we have a special occasion because of the price. I am glad we celebrated our anniversary there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around Great Food and Servicegr8foodDined on 7/19/2014I took my fiancé there for her birthday dinner. It was a great experience from beginning to end. They called ahead of time to confirm everything and asked if it were a special occasion. When I told them it was for a birthday, they put roses on the table and gave us a cake that said happy birthday on it. The next day they called to ask about the experience. The food was great and the serving sizes were worth the price I spent. I highly recommend it, but make sure you take plenty of money with you. The two of us spent over $400 after tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkJLRTDined on 7/13/2014The resturant was very nice. I little costly for amount of food. My food was cooked a little too longSpecial Features:
- great aniversary dinnerdukewayne9Dined on 7/12/2014adam provided great service,,table was kept tidy and empties removed,never had to request refill glass,food looked beautiful on plate,best oyster I have ever had in my life,,devine,,your small groupings of food that encluded dessert,salad ,main entrée,,such a smart idea,,,great idea of such a 2to3 bite dessert enjoyed the fact you had enough employees to proved great service which did not work a few employees to death which ultimately provided your great service,,,my husband thought the best filet he ever had,,he likes md well and your steak didn't comeout dark and very dry,,,such a lovely evening,,thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ruthfanDined on 7/4/2014We dined at this Ruth's Chris on 07/04/14 and the food, service and atmosphere was absolutely amazing. I would definitely recommend this to my family and friends and will definitely be going back for a second visit! You will not find a better place to eat! PeriodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like RoyaltyCriadoDined on 6/29/2014I must say my many encounters with restaurants which were great has been topped with my experience with Ruth's Chris Steak House North Raleigh. The moment you walk in you are greeted with heart warming smiles and made to feel like home, each staff member plays his or her role with the utmost class and style and waitstaff are very knowledgeable of the menu. The steaks are cooked to perfection and are complemented well with family style sides. While there take notice of the ambiance and the aroma of food being prepared, it will make your mouth water. If you are in the area and want to get a true dining experience look no further than Ruth's Chris Steak House North Raleigh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of SyncLuvRCsteaksDined on 6/28/2014Waitress had no pre meal support. a. She had to deliver the water as opposed to runner service/support for water and refills at other tables. b. We had to request bread for the table. Steak was delivered to the table as expected and cooked as ordered. a. Had to remind server about Lobster order, it was delivered as we were 1/2 through with the steak. b. Had to ask passing Supv. /Mgr. for drawn butter.
- Always a top notch experienceFoodieDined on 6/15/2014Ruth's never ceases to impress me. The level of service is above all others in Raleigh. From the martinis and the detail to the food to the managers checking each table, I always feel special and proud to bring a guest with me here. This specific time, I got to dine with my dad for Father's Day! He left with a huge smile and couldn't stop raving about the experience. Thank you Ruth's Chris Raleigh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt in your mouth steak!SM4HimDined on 6/15/2014Dinner was in a side area from the main dining room, with a subtle floor-to-ceiling drape which made for a lovely private place to engage in conversation over dinner. The 3 course meal for a fixed price of $49.95, was the perfect amount of food for us. The BLT salad was nicely different with a perfect blue cheese dressing. (The cucumber ranch dressing was strange with too much cucumber for my taste.) The filet topped with shrimp was amazing, as were the sauces that were served with it upon request. Tasty fresh bread accompanied all. Creamed spinach flavorful, but as for the plain mushroom caps: I can make better at home. Service attentive and careful for each detail to be perfect. Dessert was great, making for a special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRNluvDined on 6/14/2014I would just say the service was phenemonal. My family and I felt like we were cared about and that we weren't just customers but guest of honors. The food was excellent, the service excellent. There is absolutely nothing I can say negative, just an overall great experience. Keep up the good work. Adam and Mark were great servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014We have dined at the restaurant a few times and typically have great food. Although this time was different. While the service was fantastic our food was less than subpar. Three out of the four of us ordered scallops and they were not cooked well (very gritty, tuff and cold). Maybe a high end steakhouse cannot cook seafood?!Special Features:
- Good, but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014My wife had the crab cakes and they were awesome! We loved the chopped salad as well - both of us had that. I had the 11 oz Filet and while it was very good, it wasn't anything spectacular. One is lead to believe that a steak from Ruth's Chris is such and amazing experience. This being my first, it fell a little flat. I have prepared better Filet on my own grill w/ a little Dale's marinade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBuddyVIPDined on 6/7/2014having eaten at this and other RCSH's a number of times this experience was not up to standard. perhaps because of restaurant week they were more pressed than normal. The wrong food was delivered to two of us and I think I was given the 6 oz restaurant week steak instead of the filet I ordered. the waiter said it was correct, but I don't think so.
- Good but nothing specialmist2014Dined on 6/7/2014I was deciding between Ruth Chris and Angus Barn and expected them to be similar but for the price you're paying, I would definitely go with Angus Barn. Ruth Chris has the "chain" feel and the steak was good but my lobster was like eating a piece of rubber. Overall, food, service and ambience were decent but not anything special.
- Always terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014This Ruth Chris is always on spot and well worth the drive to Raleigh. This is a great spot for special occasions, a nice romantic evening or just because you need a little special attention after a long week at work.Special Features: