Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh
4381 Lassiter @ North Hills Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-raleigh.com/
- Phone: (919) 791-1103
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Paula Fitzgibbon - 919.791.1103
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Raleigh is located in the vibrant midtown community of North Hills. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs and our Raleigh steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere of casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Raleigh reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (65)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Food slow serviceFandMDined on 11/12/2014We visited this restaurant each of the past three weeks. Food is superb but the service on all three occasions has been subpar compared to other restaurants in the area and other restaurants within the chain. Just way too slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ChallengecarVIPDined on 11/10/2014Definitely worth a visit. Well trained staff and terrific food. Come w/an appetite as portions are large!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular experience, as always!ShannaBananaDined on 11/9/2014Adam was a wonderful server and couldn't have made our sons 14th birthday celebration anymore special! It's experiences like this that keep to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service, Excellent FoodOwenAvaMomDined on 11/8/2014Our entire experience was wonderful. Each guest is treated as a VIP. Everything arrives in a timely manner, drinks come out quickly, and courses are not rushed one, into the other. Staff is knowledgeable and attentive without being pushy. Lovely atmosphere for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Interesting ExperienceDarrylVIPDined on 11/6/2014Upon arriving my experience was great as usual, however it took a few moments for the waitress to come over nevertheless, I told her that we have been here many times, and ordered the food instantly. I specifically asked her to put all the food in at the same time because due to my having small ones, I can't keep them calm but so long, and didn't want to disturb anyone. Well, humm I had to ask twice for my glass of wine, my soup never came, and it took 46 minutes for my steak to come out, and again they were very slow, but I know why it took so long because the waitress didn't put my entree order in until after the appetizer was brought out, which I told her not to do. So of course, by the time my food arrives, the kids had finished.Special Features:
- Highly rated service and foodTomShaDined on 11/2/2014Pleasure as always dining here. Food and service are excellent. Staff is courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014dinner was good but not worth 200 dollars. Angus barn or Tripps in Garner better for the price.
- Fantastic for an anniversaryYoungAndProsperousDined on 10/12/2014This Ruth's Chris location was outstanding. I was extremely impressed with the service. Mandy was a fantastic waitress, as well as the many other people who checked in on us every time they passed by. All I put on our reservation was "1 year anniversary" and we were treated like royalty. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- absolutely super place to dinewooddoitagainDined on 10/11/2014Went for 18th wedding anniversary. Was taken back by rose petals on table when seated. The waiter ,John, was outstanding and very informative and helpful. The steak could have been cut with a fork. It was tender. My wife ordered Maryland Crab cakes and they were fabulous.( Very little if any fillers.) Basically all lump crab meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first dateRomanticDined on 10/10/2014Great setting for a first date or anniversary...service was great and food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greystonevetDined on 10/5/2014Birthday dinner was awesome- such good food and atmosphere! Waitstaff was so cordial and professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The meal was good, but the notable parts were the Calamari appetizer and Chocalate explosion dessert. Steak was good, but not great. Rose petals on the table for our anniversary was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Food, Great! Prices, not so muchEdddieMacDined on 9/27/2014Loved the food. Steak was one of the best ever but the prices will prohibit me from visiting more than once a year unless someone else is paying! In addition to the steak, I had a wedge salad, baked potato and two 12 year old Macallan's and my check, with tip, was $120.00! It was my fault for not looking at the drink menu to be forewarned they charged almost $20.00 per drink! The salad and potato were $9.25 each so I basically paid $60.00 for two drinks and two sides. Anyway, a great place to celebrate a special occasion but too expensive to be a regular stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...not greatBigKahunaDined on 9/26/2014As always, the filet was wonderful. The scallops were a bit overcooked...so just okay. I expect more from Ruth's Chris. We'll be back for a special occasion, but because of the very expensive pricing, there is lots of competition. I do think the specials that include salad, a side and dessert is a pretty good deal.Special Features:
- Used to be great. What happened?!cpnladyDined on 9/25/2014The quality of the food has really gone downhill. Used to be much better. Rely heavily on butter and oil to flavor food. Forgotten how to be creative, use seasonings and different cooking methods. Presentation/plating of main meal very disappointing. I asked for mushrooms without butter/oil- looked like they took some boiled ones that were prepped for stuffed mushrooms and put 'm in a bowl. Looked and tasted terrible. Same with asparagus. I've gotten better results at much cheaper establishments. They used to be sooo much better with special requests and that was an easy one. It wasn't even during peak busy time. Our server wasn't as good as the ones we have had in the past either. Just really downhill. Hopefully it is just this location.Special Features:
- Enjoyed every Minute...CaliDined on 9/20/2014I had reservations for 8:45 pm but end up getting there around 8:20. I only had to wait for about 5 -8 minutes and I was seated at my table. The waiter was excellent and very attentive but not overbearing. He made excellent recommendations and the food was great. We truly enjoyed ourselves and will be back again.Special Features:
- Food for thoughtDinetimeDined on 9/20/2014Anniversary dinner. Overall, staff was nice and they tried to please. Steaks had good flavor. Ribeye was overcooked. Sides were baked potato that tasted old. Asparagus was ok but nothing special..Sides cost way too much for flavor you get. Salads were okay. Overrated for price. Would not go again. DisappointedSpecial Features:
- Fine ExperienceRogerDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner experience at Ruth Chris. Our car was taken for at the door by 2 very courteous valets. Once inside, we were seated right away at a table that was immaculate and separated from others enough for semi-privacy. Our steak was succulent and tender. The service was great.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceReaderGirl87Dined on 9/13/2014We had eaten at a Ruth Chris down in Orlando and decided to try the Raleigh location which was close to home. We were extremely pleased. We had an issue with our table - dark corner and it wobbled a lot. There were no tables available immediately so we chose to sit in the lounge and wait. The manager treated us to cocktails and an appetizer while we waited. When our table was ready, our waiter, Kyle, was fabulous. The food was prepared perfectly and all in all, it was an amazing night. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- verlon in ncdinenut96Dined on 9/13/2014food was excellent, hot plates kept food at good temp throughout meal wait staff was very attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Luv2gooutDined on 9/13/2014Ruth Chris has been a favorite restaurant for us several years. The hot plates make the food so delicious. The servers there are very attentive. It is a wonderful place to go for a special occasion. The little extras of flower petals & chocolate writing on dessert plates add to a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- EVERYTHING GREAT!Gregga62Dined on 9/13/20145 stars all over! Had a wonderful, wonderful time. Service, food, everything was top shelf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn10Dined on 9/8/2014Beautiful restaurant. Service & food was excellent!Special Features:
- A Great Night OutAshleyDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I wanted to go to Raleigh for some shopping, but we wanted to make our trip worth it coming from Fayetteville. We choose to eat early so we could enjoy our dinner and have time to drive back home, where it wouldn't be so late. The food was great. Our service didn't constantly check on us, but was available if needed. The manager made sure to check on us and we were able to discuss our entrees with him. The heat in my salmon brought tears to my eyes at first, but after a few bites I got used to it. The manager said he would talk to his staff, asked if I wanted something else, but really took the time to listen. I love heat in my food, so it was worth it. My husband's steak was great! He enjoyed every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I had dinner at Ruth's Chris North Raleigh to celebrate our anniversary and it was a very nice experience. Thank you for the rose petals on the table, wonderful service, and delicious dessert! This is one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions or happy hour with friends. Staff was all very friendly and approachable, which makes the experience worthwhile, too. Excellent service overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!SnoopyDined on 8/25/2014This is a great place for any special occasion! Food was good. Service was great! Would go back again.Special Features:
- All Around SuperbPaulPapsDined on 8/24/2014We had a reservation (via OpenTable) and indicated a 40th anniversary celebration. Seated promptly. Server was excellent. She did not rush us, was happy to talk about the menu, corked our wine per our order / wishes, and was always pleasant. The food was absolutely outstanding. They use fresh ingredients and simple presentation but the flavors are profoundly delicious. We were not disappointed by any of our dishes. We all ordered from the classics menu and added a couple of sides for the table. Worked out quite well. The manager also checked our satisfaction with everything. It is such a classy operation from start to finish. Everyone from the hostess, to the manager, to the server acknowledged the 40th anniversary. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealdrjonDined on 8/23/2014As usual a great meal with above average service. Always a consistent meal at this locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!MandaDined on 8/23/2014The food is always outstanding & the service is impeccable! Ask for Vernon, he will take great care of you. From the drinks, to the food to the bar everything is top notch. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, but the Steak?GmanVIPDined on 8/12/2014Have dined at many Ruch's Chris Steak Houses across the country. This one was just OK. The shrimp cocktail was a bit soggy, the caesar salad very dry and the New York Strip steak was also dry and definately not prime or choice. It was flavorless and contained a lot of gristle.. I doctored with a bit of salt, pepper and some butter, which made it somewhat edible, but @$45, one would have expected more. On the positive side, service was outstanding. Bartender makes a HUGE martini perfectly.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris RaleighDMMsDined on 8/12/2014We visit about twice a year. This was the second time in a row that we've had a problem with the appetizer. Both times Manager was very good at taking care of it but it is not up to our expectations. Our Entrees were excellent as usual.This visit our main server was very abrupt and we did not feel the warmth and courtesy of our previous visits.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Adam was a fantastic server. Great personality and very attentive. The manager is always so pleasant and professional too. Great experience as always. Consistentcy is key and this restaurant just gets it each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentjoejamie14VIPDined on 8/8/2014Dined at Ruths Chris Steak House 8/8/14 and as usual had an excellent meal with excellent service. Efficient service allowed us to be right on time for Keith Urban concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!!Live2EatDined on 8/3/2014Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and made excellent recommendations. The food was delicious!!! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like old timesSunzachDined on 8/1/2014I have missed Ruth's Chris. I started going to the Broad St. location in New Orleans back in the 80's. Ruth was a good friend. I had become less enthralled with all of the franchise stores, because they lacked the same generous spirit. Everything felt so controlled, from the portions to the people. This particular evening was like I remembered. I had no complaints at all. The service was excellent, the food perfect, and our celebration was exactly what we were hoping for. I hope I can count on a repeat every time!Special Features:
- RodWinsDined on 8/1/2014Classic. From the sizzle of the steaks to the attentiveness of the staff, this Ruth's rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dining feedbackHeartOfSteakDined on 8/1/2014Everything was great from food to service. Our server was Kyle, and he was very knowledgable about the company and the food itself. This was our first time here because we had a gift card. The prices are much too expensive for us, so until we receive another gift card we won't be back, but if money wasn't an issue, we would come here weekly. My husband said the ribeye has forever ruined him, because he will never have another ribeye as good as the one he was served. Thank you very much for a once in a lifetime dining experience, perfect for our first date night In our new home. (just moved here from CA).Special Features:
- AwesomeMikeDined on 8/1/2014Been here several times and it is always great. Have not had a better steak anywhere. Staff are friendly and on time with service. Wife and I went two notes in a row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best AmbienceShrekieDined on 7/31/2014I think the ambience at this location is one of the best. The room has rich qualities that lend itself to creating the fine dining experience that Ruth's Chris offers. The food, of course, was excellent. Overall, the patrons of this restaurant were better dressed than most, which shows the respect that it deserves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When is a steak not a steakHungryJackDined on 7/26/2014I have eaten in several of Ruth's Chris Steak Houses in the past and have always gotten a tasty piece of meat. The meat served at the North Raleigh location lacked the flavor which I have come to expect. My 15 year old son and I both had the 11 oz. fillet and both were bland. In addition, the steaks were switched, he ordered medium well and I medium. Because he didn't say anything until half way through the meal, it was not worth mentioning to the waitress. We switched steaks after he mentioned it to me. This was his first time at Ruth's and I didn't want to spoil his experience. It was very unfortunate and disappointing, the taste and the mix-up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.