Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence
10 Memorial Boulevard, GTECH Center
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7737/Providence
- Phone: 4012722271
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00-10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00-11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Israel Jimenez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Providence, RI - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Derek Brazeau 4012722271x10
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Providence, RI serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)scenic view (41)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (36)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (20)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Ladybug means luck???OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I began a special dinner. As he was just about finished with his salad, he discovered a ladybug in his salad. The waiter laughed and said this was an unusual event. I would hope so!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Mediocre food presented badly And costing top dollar. Not a good combo. Can understand why this restaurant is not surviving in Providence where there are so many fine restaurants to compete with
- Fabulous Dinner!pondlily13Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for our 1 year anniversary. Everyone made us feel extra special. We ate everything that arrived to our table and left very happy. From the hostesses, to the waiters, service was fantastic. We will definitely come back again soon!Special Features:
- WaterfireOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Top of the line service and food with a view of the unique "Waterfire" in Providence made this a special evening. Our server, Justin, raised his role to an art form. He had broad food and beverage expertise and a sense of humor, and was always there when needed.Special Features:
- All about the food and serviceBillDined on 8/2/2014We ate at the bar. The service was great and the food was amazing as usual. I will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chrismarilyn14VIPDined on 7/24/2014I have been to Ruth Chris many times and enjoyed my dinner. My most recent time, with a group of close friends, was disappointing. Our waiter, Marcello, was very personable, attentive and helpful with our choices. The problem, unfortunately was the food; it was not the same quality that I remember. My steak house salad was drenched in dressing, which drowned the fresh salad ingredients. My scallops were topped with a light sauce which did not complement the scallops. One of my friends opted for the rib eye and it was not cooked properly and extremely fatty; not the quality of steak that you have come to expect at Ruth Chris. Desserts were fair, nothing noteworthy. I am afraid Ruth Chris would not be my first choice for dinner.Special Features:
- Great experienceFriar124Dined on 7/19/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time during Restaurant Week. We had a great dinner and definitely plan to return. The service was wonderful and not rushed. The food was delicious. We were able to eat on the outside patio which added to the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great food - especially for the deals we received with restaurant week. We did have to wait a long time at the end (30 minutes after dessert) to get our bill, but our waiter seemed to be the only one working and was running everywhere. Totally not his fault, but maybe the restaurant should have kept more wait staff on if it was a busy night.
- Best steakdinnerVIPDined on 7/16/2014The steak was wonderful - the best I've had! We went for Restaurant Week and will definitely go again soon!Special Features:
- Fabulous!WesterlyDined on 7/15/2014We love everything about Ruth's Chris Steak House! We always travel there during Providence Restaurant Week and just enjoy their scrumptious meal. The steak is delectable. The chocolate dessert is the best. The servers are very responsive and competent! A great experience all around!Special Features:
- best steakhousecutes1125VIPDined on 7/14/2014Thank you, Jake, for delightful evening! We had one of the best birthday celebration here when we arrived the table was decorated with happy birthday confetti and they made my sister and best friends desserts from restaurant week menu a little more special by writing "Happy Birthday" and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nightcaitlyn86Dined on 7/13/2014Restaurant is wonderful and it made a great edition to my date night with my bf. The steak and stuffed chicken was amazing. I would like to see a bit more options on the appetizer choices on the restaurant week menu.Special Features:
- Always a good betDinearoundDined on 7/13/2014This location is always a great place to come. Food is consistent and always very good. Water fire during the weekends is a great way to dine outside with family or friends and enjoy the backdrop of fire on the water. Valet parking is a plus in the city and makes this very convenient. High end but you definitely get your money's worth. Handicap access able as well. A great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful friendly staffShermDined on 7/12/2014When you go to Ruth's Chris, you can expect exceptional dining! However I noticed the very warm, friendly staff! We were there on a WaterFire night, sat a table with an amazing view. And the food really was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The only reason my wife and I went here was that we had a $50 gift card to use there. Even with that we still spent $70 out of pocket and we did not get expensive a la carte items which is most of their menu. We got the least expensive 3 course meal for a Saturday. One of our filets was overdone and the potatoes we both got were not as explained on the menu. They had a sauce on them that was not detailed at all. We sat in the bar area which was nice. The background music is way out of date. Many more better dining experiences in Providence.Special Features:
- Good food, but hostess not niceTed1007Dined on 7/12/2014There is no denying the food here is excellent as was our server. The experience I had with the hostess, however was not. When we arrived at the restaurant I noticed there was outdoor seating. So, I asked the hostess if we could be seated outside. I wasn't pushy about it, knowing it was waterfire and they were probably booked. She was very short in her response, reminding me that I requested a table by the window and not outside. This wasn't so bad, but what really bothered me was the couple that was sat outside at a table of 8 and the 5 empty tables when we were leaving. I felt that the hostess didn't have any interest I trying to accomodate us. I think she could have made something work.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Blown AwayDonnaPDined on 7/11/2014I submitted a reservation request thru Open Table and under remarks said this was our anniversary and a surprise for my husband. From the moment we were greeted by the receptionist through-out our meal the service was over the top - they sprinkled our table with glitter hearts, brought us a complimentary champagne toast as soon as we were seated, and our dessert was served on plates that said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY written in chocolate. The meal was wonderful - we had crabmeat stuffed mushroom caps; our main course was the filet - we can never again have a steak without comparing it to this filet; and the dessert was delicious. Our waiter and his helpers were attentive but not intrusive - best service we ever had at a restaurant. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent steakRob1764VIPDined on 7/11/2014Everything from the appetizer to the steak to the dessert was outstanding...Special Features:
- Wonderful, but too rich for me.EventplannerDined on 7/11/2014I really enjoyed this dinner, but I although the steak was cooked perfectly there was too much butter - on everything really. Butter fans, this will be heaven for you. We had a great time. Hurray for restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceNathanVIPDined on 7/9/2014Made a birthday dinner reservation and was greeted at every point with people wishing me "Happy Birthday!" The server, Stephanie, was fantastic and walked us through the menu options given that it was our first time dining at a Ruth's Chris Steak House. I ended up with the NY Strip with a blue cheese crust and it was amazing. Sat at a table outside near the water and really had a great first experience.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014I have been to Ruth's Chris plenty of time and have always enjoy it. But last time I went I took brought friends to try it out and the service was awful. They were very disappointed as much as I was.
- connVIPDined on 7/9/2014One of our favorite restaurants! The steak is always perfectly cooked as is the rest of the meal! We will return!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor ViewThomasVIPDined on 7/7/2014Love eating outdoors. The food and service was excellent. The steaks are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall a nice nightsarahnmyryDined on 7/6/2014We went for restaurant week and my boyfriend's birthday the outdoor dining was so nice and the view was fantastic. The wrote "happy birthday" in syrup with the desert, it was very nice. The only negative comments I had were the good was very greasy the steak actually came out sizzling like a fajita and I got grease splattered on my blouse. Also the wine list was impressive if you wanted to spend over a hundred dollars on liquor. We found the liquorto be very expensive and the house wine was not that great for the price. overall it was a nice dining experience but would not be my first choice in providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Our visit was on a Waterfire night. Short and sweet, we live closer to Boston and go out almost every Saturday without fail, this dining experience was the absolute best we've had in a long long time. We will be back surely. If you have a chance, request Stephanie as your server, she is the greatest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good, too expensivepovnerDined on 6/15/2014The quality of the good was undeniably high, but one order was made wrong, and has to be redone. Despite an empty restaurant, service was slightly sluggish if not slow. Combined with the hideous decor, this made the high prices much too high. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience of lifeCP33Dined on 6/14/2014Had 8pm reservation. Were seated at 9:15 without any explanation or apologies other than that there were no tables available. Finally seated at outside table, we had missed the sunset and lighting of waterfires (the entire point of our 8pm reservation), the patio was empty and it was 15 degrees colder outside. 1 hour after sitting, now 10:15 at night we had received only our salad despite the fact that there were only 5 tables on the patio at this point. When we finally got to dessert we ordered and were charged for 2 deserts. However in some attempt to be nice they brought out 1 dessert on a plate that said happy anniversary on it. No mention of the 2nd dessert I'd ordered and been charged for. I give up on Ruth's Chris Providence foreverSpecial Features:
- Old friends!ribeyeloverDined on 6/7/2014Meet old friends from the cape.Providence seemed to be half way for both of us. My wife and I have dined at Ruth's Chris many times from Boston to Aruba. It was our friends first time at a Ruth's Chris. Now we plan to be with them at another first for them in Aruba and definitely eat at Ruth's Chris. It was a perfect night to sit outside in providence and our waitress Stephanie made it even better. We kept ordering appetizers after appetizers because they were so good and even with Stepanie being so busy she never missed a beat with us, 3 hours later! Everything was perfect, as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth it!BillyCDined on 6/6/2014Fabulous waiter, fabulous dinner, steaks were beyond delicious and the sweet potato casserole is a must to try. Also. Try the pineapple bread pudding too! Wonderful night out for the two of us. A bit more expensive than we're used to, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Delish1Dined on 5/18/2014Beginning with the service all the way through to the food, the entire experience was wonderful! The food was unbelievable. The service great! Special attention was given to our son who just graduated from college! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantJMP4VIPDined on 5/11/2014My favorite restaurant by far! I've been to so many steakhouses....no on compares to Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Hats off to Ruth's Chris!JackieVIPDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I were there on a recent Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. He had informed them ahead of time that it was a special occasion for us. When we checked in, we were greeted with "Happy Anniversary", again when we were seated and again when our waiter brought us each a glass of champagne. The final time was when we were served a complimentary dessert with the words "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. Our special occasion was made all the more special because the staff took the time to make it so. As for the food, there is no restaurant that compares. If we could give it 10 stars, we would! We will return but will not wait until our next anniversary to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Steak house in ProvidenceMerryVIPDined on 5/10/2014We have dined at Ruth Chris many times. Each time it has been consistently good food and service. Whenever there is a special occasion - Mother's Day, birthdays, etc we choose Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first timemaz3Dined on 5/9/2014Went for the first time to celebrate our anniversary and I heard a few mixed reviews before going in. Our service was amazing and he was very nice and attentive. . Did not have to once lift the wine bottle to refresh our own glasses. The food was absolutely amazing. Cooked to perfection and nice and hot. The experience was worth every penny spent. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/9/2014Outstanding quality steaks, professional waitstaff & don't miss the Ruth's Chop Salad. A sure bet when it comes to a top notch steakhouse in Providence.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 467 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence reviews archive.
- BirgsVIPDined on 4/26/2014Dinner at Ruth Chris never disappoints. Petit filet cooked to perfection as were the lamb chops. Thoughtful waiter even asked if mint jelly was preferred with the lamb. Service so impeccable that when the tables next to ours were bussed and reset, we didn't even notice.Special Features:
- Always spot on!MichelleVIPDined on 4/18/2014Ruth's Chris Providence is always such a treat. Absolutely everything, from the smiling Valet guys to the waiter's helper. Everything is perfect! The waiter (I think Justin) really knows how to make a special celebration just that. We had a beautiful 18th birthday celebration for my daughter and her boyfriend. Thank you Ruth's Chris!!!Special Features:
- Great evening!TerriVIPDined on 2/28/2014Loved it. I am not a steak eater but my husband is and he was thrilled with his entree. Seafood selections were great.Special Features:
- We go to Ruth Chris a fewRocksanneDined on 2/26/2014We go to Ruth Chris a few times per year. It is always wonderful. We celebrated our birthdays this last time, and for just a few cents on their part, they make it seem very special with confetti on the table and everyone mentioning it. Great place .Special Features:
- Cannot beat this spot.XmasinewyorkDined on 2/22/2014Wife and usually go to the boston location for anniversary and date night. Providence. blows them out of the water with food and service. Our server jarred treated us like royalty. such great service I may ask him to be my best man when my wife and I renew vows. steaks are perfect but the star of the show is the pecan crusted sweetpotato. when god goes to pot luck he must bring this as his dish. best ruths chris on east coast and best restaurant in new England.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.