Ruth's Chris Steak House - Princeton
2 Village Blvd.
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Princeton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/111123/Princeton
- Phone: (609) 452-0041
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mitchell A. Baculy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Princeton, NJ - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy Riebel 6094520041
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Princeton
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Princeton, NJ serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Princeton - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Princeton reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (33)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014The food was great. The only complaint I had was that I chose to dine later and because of that I feel as though I had a less professional environment. My reservation was for 1030 and we were pretty much the last couple there. The staff started getting roudy and we could here from our table. I also ordered a meal that came with dessert pre selected by the restaurant. I couldn't finish my meal so they wrapped it up for me but never had a desert wrapped and placed in my bag. I payed for it so I feel as though the offer should have been extended whether I wanted it or not. Either way the night was for my husband and he enjoyed. I probably won't be back, but I would suggest them for a good father's day or birthday dinner for a man. Just make sure you get everything you paid for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grumpy bartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014sunday night we decided to eat at the bar because the football game was on tv. while the bar was very quiet, the bartender was practically mute. we like to eat at the bar because we usually have a fun time talking to the bartender and others. maybe caroline was just having a bad night but my guess is her personality is not one for bartending. maybe she should work elsewhere in the restaurant. having said that, the food and service was perfect as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- previous visit was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Ambiance in the main dining room was much nicer on our first visit. This time, in a side room, was noisy and service was disorganized. It took too long to get our drinks, our request for more bread was delayed and then all of a sudden we had 2 loaves, entrees were brought out too soon with an offer to take them back to the kitchen for a while, and my filet was overcooked. I should have sent it back. We'll probably try again (and request the main dining room) but this was a disappointing experience.
- Outstanding Steak PlaceFlushingFirstTimersDined on 11/1/2014I have been going to this Ruth Chris restaurant for several years and they never disappoint. The filets were expertly done and melted in our mouths. A number of toppings are available and I selected the blue cheese crust which added a nice touch to the medium steak. We selected the sweet potato casserole and the broccoli au gratin as side dishes to share. The amount was perfect as was the taste. We split a molten chocolate dessert with vanilla ice cream on top and it was wonderful as well. If you are in the mood for steak and excellent, attentive service from staff and manager, you can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Always consistent.JohnFromPrincetonDined on 11/1/2014You go to Ruth's Chris for the excellent food and service. Never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Love it!BarryDined on 10/31/2014Always a great meal. No surprises if you want an outstanding steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningkwaltDined on 10/31/2014Excellent place for fine dining. Had a great time with wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Wine RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/30/2014Again - an excellent wine recommendation by Nino. Outstanding service as always.
- Simply...awesome!skywalker6572Dined on 10/25/2014While Ruth's Chris might be a chain, their food and service is nothing but chain food. Uniformly perfect and delicious across all their restaurants, and this Princeton location is no exception. From delectable apps to melt in your mouth sizzling steaks, our meal was topped off with a scrumptious banana cream pie. Last but not least, it is a perfect venue to celebrate special occasions as all the staff made us feel special for our 10 year wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Terrific quality, worth the price, with wonderful service and comfortable seating with enough space around the tables for some privacy.Special Features:
- JbyyJByyDined on 10/15/20144 petit filets ordered 3 great 1 sinewy grisly very poor All else very good , Better quality control would have dumped the poor filet. I am not a casual Ruth's C diner I've spent 2 thousand plus dollars at this location since it opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service always on point!NickDined on 10/12/2014Food consistently Good! Servers are amazing and waiters are very respectful. Great restaurant for celebrations and special occasions! Veal osso buco ravioli's are to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was a bit offOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Server was a bit off but no big deal. Food was great as usualI would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fabulousSteveVIPDined on 10/9/2014The Princeton Ruth's Chris consistently delivers excellent food and superior service. Our most recent experience was no exception, in fact they out did themselves, when I made the reservation I indicated that we were celebrating our anniversary. When they led us to our table we were wowed... the table top was covered with rose petals. As experienced each time we dine there the manager (Michael) stops by our table to verify that the food and service are both spot on. A nice touch. Thank you Ruth's ChrisSpecial Features:
- DonnaDined on 10/9/2014Pains me to say this, but our meal was terrible. Our Porterhouse Steak was awful. It has grissle all through the meat and the had a lot of fat. This is what we always order and unfortunately it was one of the worst meals we had here this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014We went here for our combined birthday dinner celebration. Our steaks were perfect, along with the accompaniments. However, it was disappointing to have the bus boy scrapping plates along side our table for 10 minutes, although we were no where near the kitchen. Beware of the large trays perched throughout the restaurant and ask for another table. I gave an overall "good" review, since it really was just this one character who put a damper on our evening.Special Features:
- so-sofoodieDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant was actually just about empty and for some reason took us well over 5 mins to be seated, not that 5 mins is long but waiting for what? no one was there..Service kind of slow, ok caesar salad, never in my life have I had tomatoes in my caesar salad, NEVER.. fries for $10.00 were soggy and $50.00 ribeye steak was cooked medium rare as ordered but still seemed dry and a little chewy, Ribeye usually has some fat in it which I like because it keeps it moist. Fair overall at best.
- A Great SendofftombDined on 9/14/2014We chose Ruth's Chris for our College sendoff dinner for our Grandson and his family. It was perfect!Special Features:
- MRK42VIPDined on 9/13/2014First time here. Got to say that I was disappointed. Compared to other major steak houses, I'd have to rank this one way behind. While pricey as expected for a steak house, the specials were over the top price wise.....and all dishes were basically mediocre. Service however was excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationHappy2eatDined on 9/13/2014Yet another special occasion spent here at RC. They never disappoint. Service, food is always spot on. Overall experience was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PortionsMinnieminDined on 9/13/2014Second time at this location. Love the petite filet mignon as both my mother and I are pretty small. And hate wasting food or taking left overs home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerIM3333Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary so we decided to go to Ruth's Chris in Princeton. Our two children, ages 23 and 19, joined us. We had a great dining experience. Everything was good, especially the service. Our server, Pradeep, was a lot of fun, very knowledgeable about the menu and passionate about his work. All of our food was excellent. The cowboy bone in ribeye steak was delicious. We enjoyed the shoestring fries, mushroom caps, broccoli au gratin as sides. I look forward to a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, has been even better!DandCDined on 9/6/2014It's always a treat to dine at Ruth's Chris because you know you're going to get good food and service. This last time was no exception but we both thought everything was unnecessarily a LITTLE saltier than usual. I know it's subjective but we prefer a tad less seasoning when salt and/or pepper is used in the preparation. Someone else might actually prefer the extra dashes of seasoning. Otherwise, it was near-perfect dining experience, the one other exception being the pervasive but manageable din that we've come to expect in the main dining area. There was no problem handling my spouse's gluten-free dietary restrictions and they respectfully acknowledged the special event we were celebrating. Recommended!Special Features:
- Food vs ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was great but service was slow. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nino is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding service and wine recommendation again!
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014We took clients here this week, and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Celebrating a birthdaymedearestDined on 8/23/2014Neither of us had been to a Ruth ' s Chris Steakhouse, but we will definitely go back. The food & service were impeccable. Had a great dining experience & the very picky birthday guy enjoyed himself immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food is delicious every time we've been to Ruth's Chris. The only negfative is the specials are way to pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night on the townPattivecchDined on 8/23/2014Went back to princeton for a reunion,got in a day early and stopped in to Ruth's crist steak house.we were not dissapointed from beginning to end.the staff was very attentive and genuinely cared how we were enjoying dinner.the manager also stopped by to c that a good time was had by all,really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- great food, but need to change...sancteeVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was awsome, but the reception desk girls were rude and unkind.... But it was the same in Chicago and Mexico City.Special Features:
- Great FoodEdamameDined on 8/17/2014The food was great, price fixed and a la carte. The service was nice. He gave my brother a small dessert, just so he didn't feel left out given that everyone else had a dessert. The only bone to pick was that we had to get their attention to get our water glasses filled. I would definitely go there again when I'm in the mood for a good steak dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointedgckcDined on 8/17/2014Not what we remember. Appetizer was rushed. Filet was not center cut & lacked the signature Ruth's Chris butter flavor.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014Nice wine list. Apps were delicious. Porterhouse for two and potatos au gratin were a bit of a let-down, just not up to standards. We've had a better dining experience at the Ruth's Chris in Atlantic City, NJ than in Princeton.Special Features:
- Great Service - Great FoodRalphVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always a pleasure coming to Ruth's Chris Princeton. Nino, our waiter, treats us like family, makes sure everything is perfect and always recommends the best wine and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Princeton wonderfulOllieDined on 8/8/2014Fantastic anniversary dinner at this restaurant. Food was exceptional as was the service provided by Pradeep. He was warm, sincere and welcoming; going above and beyond to ensure a beautiful evening and memory. The management's added touches of providing us the most romantic table as well as a complimentary anniversary photo and dessert were a thoughtful plus.Special Features:
- Good foodfoodie615Dined on 7/30/2014This was my first visit to Ruth's Chris and I really enjoyed my meal of steak and shrimp. My only complaint was that the food took way too long to arrive. Luckily, I was traveling on business and didn't have any time constraints that evening. Otherwise, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Always guaranteed a consistent high quality meal and experience ! Only downside is that it has gotten increasingly pricey .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's 20th Birthday dinnerRonniesMateDined on 7/23/2014In a Country where Steak/Grill restaurants are plentiful this in my opinion is First Class, & in a different class. The greeting is calm but professional; the tables are well positioned; the menu always interesting & the food great. Best of all is the Service; on both visits our Waiter was on top of everything without being intrusive. My Daughter's Birthday was topped with a beautifully prepared dessert with candle & Birthday wishes. Excellent value for that Special Occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than last timeweluvsteakVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food and service were much better than last time - they got the steaks right (last time they were way off on the correct temperature) so it was a really good dining experience. Only negative was when it came time to leave - our waiter and his assistant disappeared for about 15 minutes and we had to gt the manager to get the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 617 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Princeton reviews archive.
- Best steak everNicholasVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a great time at Princeton's Ruth Chris , food was fresh and served perfectly. Our waiter Pradeed was both attentive and knew how all food items were prepared. Too bad we live so far away.Special Features: