Ruth's Chris Steak House - Portland
850 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4095/Portland
- Phone: 5032214518
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm. The bar opens daily at 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marcus Stolpp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Portland, OR - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Petzold 5032214518
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Portland
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Portland, OR serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (20)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (14)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Never disappointsVIP2VIPDined on 10/11/2014Almost without exception Ruth's Chris is top of the mark. The Portland restaurant is a notch above that. Everything was perfect. The Petite filet and the Petit Ribeye were cooked to perfection. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff was welcoming, friendly and very efficient. Great evening.Special Features:
- Consistent quality dining !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It was great as usual. We normally order the same thing, our favorite dinner on a Friday evening, at the table we prefer. We are always welcomed with gracious hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak House!LuvSteakVIPDined on 10/5/2014Ruth Chris is always consistent and very high quality. The servers are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ChrisLovesteajsDined on 9/19/2014Always a great steak restaurant when you need one! No matter the city they are warm and friendly- and the plates are very hot! Great steaks great wine list- a bit pricy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two anniversariesPadraigDined on 9/12/2014I've almost always had exceptional experiences at Ruth's Chris, but this time was an exception. The 3 steaks which were ordered were all overcooked as were the onion rings. The server was very good but seemed like he had too many tables that Friday night. The spinach au gratin was very average. The Creme Brule was good. All in all, there are at least 3 or 4 better steak houses in the downtown Portland area and it'll be awhile before we'll be back to this one. We expected better and have had much better in the past.
- Still a great steak houseJeffBDined on 9/5/2014The lobster was amazing and the ribeye oscar style was good, but I felt the meat was overlooked and tough. Overall everything was nice, quiet, and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not exceed our expectationvanfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Compared to the previous visits, everything was "just okay." Especially the food. We had crab cakes, tomato/onion salad, petite filet mignon with shrimp/filet mignon with asparagus and mushroom. Nothing "wowed" us like it used to. Even filet mignon was mediocre (only one of my two medallions was soft and good). Did the chef change? Or did our taste bud change? I don't know. Regarding the service, again it was okay but nothing special. Our server was nice but not personable. Overall, this dining experience made us think let's try other steak houses next time we eat steak. It's a fair evaluation if you are paying more than $100 per person for a dinner. We always thought Ruth Chris is better than Morton's, but now we are not sure.
- I love this place!BonniePDined on 8/27/2014I love this place and so does my family. You always get the food you're expecting! The spicy lobster bites are amazing. Great bar menu as well as the regular dining room menu and if you're on a budget the prix fixe menu is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EVERAsaWDined on 8/22/2014I went to Ruth's Chris Steak House for the first time on Friday the 22nd, of Aug. I will honestly say that if you don't mind spending a little extra cash you should order the Bone in Filet Mignon. It has to be the best steak I have ever eaten. It melts in your mouth and is full of natural flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itFoodFanDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I treat ourselves to an extra special dinner out once or twice a year. Ruth's Chris is on our short list. Known for their high quality and perfectly cooked steaks, they have always gotten ours right. But you get what you pay for so be warned that this restaurant is not cheap! Parking is easier since they've move to their new location on Broadway, but they offer valet parking for $9 if you so choose. Great, friendly service, plenty of waitstaff. Save up your hard earned money and go to Ruth's Chris at least once in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet normal RC standard.Scotty719Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have dined at Ruth Chris several times and at many of their locations across the country. The food is always delicious as is the service-with this expierence being the only exception. Our service in Portland was awful, the ambiance and food meet the normal RC standard and we enjoyed our expierence despite the service that was amusingly awful despit our regular practice of giving the benefit of the doubt. For the price, I expect more. Next visit to Portland we will be trying another restraunte.
- Not the best birthday dinnerCarlDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our oldest son's birthday that evening, as we have with all the men in the family for years. Unfortunately, it was not our usual great experience. Of the 4 meals, only one came out cooked properly, the rest were way undercooked. One was sent back, only to return overcooked. I think we will celebrate the next birthday somewhere else.Special Features:
- Not as good...as it once waslakegirlVIPDined on 8/11/2014Was looking forward to dining here - moved away from Portland for 5 years and went to the old location often. Honestly, the chopped salad was the best anywhere. Not anymore - it is a different version, stringy, wilted lettuce, missing some key ingredients from the past - I know, because I googled it back then and made it myself. The steak was okay, but I can get a better one at Saylers OCK on SE 102nd and Stark for 1/3 the price. The new location is nice, bar looks like fun, but it is also obvious that the business diner gets all the attention; dining on the company bankcard always provides a higher ticket total,
- Great food and serviceFinedinemamaDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful food and service. Our waiter Stephen was very attentive. Always love having family dinners here as well as intimate dinners with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfied dinersDeeDeeVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our 42nd wedding anniversary celebration and from the time we were seated at our table, the restaurant made us feel very special. There was anniversary confetti on the table. We were seated in a quiet booth. The wait staff were excellent and recognized our special day. We were immediately given glasses of champagne on the house and our desserts were complimentary. We have dined at Ruth Chris before but not at this location. It was a positive experience all the way around and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysMsheffVIPDined on 8/8/2014We love this place. We have been to over a dozen Ruth's Chris across the country and still feel like Portland's is the best. Ryan was a great server and the food was delicious and perfectly prepared as usual.Special Features:
- 1st AnniversaryBosshawgDined on 8/4/2014Went here for our first anniversary, and it was incredible! The service first of all was amazing! Our waiter took the time to explain the menu and very knowledgeable! Made us feel very comfortable and was not trying to up-sell us at all, it was very comfortable! Appetizers were out fast and very good. Get the crab stuffed mushrooms. The wife and I both got steak and lobster, and we couldn't decide who's tasted better, they were both well worth the price! Go for the food and the atmosphere, not the price or calorie count! We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration for my husband on Saturday. The bone in filet was fabulous as well as all our favorite sides. Thank you for the free birthday dessert- we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Always!BonniePDined on 7/10/2014Celebrated my husbands 65th birthday and it was Excellent as always. One of our favorite restaurants with top notch steak. PLUS the appetizer lobster bites are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The food and service were impeccable. My mother and I had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific anniversary dinnerDebatpawleysDined on 7/3/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary here and had terrific treatment by the waiter and staff. Special dessert and toasting wine. Thanks to Adam, our waiter.Special Features:
- The following 404 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Portland reviews archive.
- A delicious meal as usualDavidVIPDined on 6/24/2014We are vacationing in the Portland area and decided to try the Ruth Chris Restaurant. We had a delicious meal, the server was attentive and the manager visited our table. We always visit different Ruth Chris Restaurants when travelling and was not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationwineanddineDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful dinner for celebrating our anniversary. Although, they assumed we were married (which made it a little uncomfortable as they called my boyfriend my last name all night). Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ChrisCmillDined on 6/21/2014We headed here for the best steak in town. We were not disappointed. Perfect meal, wonderfully prepared. One small fault, I ordered a salad with the lemon/basil dressing. The dressing was the consistency of mayo and did not "flow" over the greens. Very little flavor. But, overall a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- simply the bestDFordVIPDined on 6/19/2014My favorite spot for good reason. Great service, great food, great people. No need to go anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meat eater's findfredsmarinaVIPDined on 6/13/2014Actually, this was our second time back to RC since it moved to its new location. The first time we were seating on the main floor and it was very noisy. This time we were put upstairs and it was delightful. We tried their updated price fixed menu which was smaller portions but included soup or salad, a meat and/or seafood course, a side dish and a dessert. It was terrific and the steak was mouth watering and done to "our" perfection.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris of Portland, ORYankee9VIPDined on 6/13/2014Excellent food and service in this location. We were not disappointed with our choice of a restaurant to celebrate a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014Raul made our dining celebration wonderful. Very attentive. Great personality. Jordan was very helpful. Good cheerful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!BobetteVIPDined on 5/31/2014We've eaten at Ruth's Chris in many locations but this one is truly top notch. Our server, Mason, was so knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. The coconut ginger martini was really special. Service was great and the food delicious. I always find myself going to a Ruth's Chris since the food is consistent and I always get what I'm expecting.....good food and good service. Adam, whom I assume was the manager, came over to make sure we were happy with everything and you can tell he has his finger on the pulse of what' sharpening in his restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent as alwaysCelebrating58Dined on 5/23/2014Great food. Steak that is so tender it melts in your mouth. Restaraunt was full so noise level was high at times and service was stretched out a bit. Overall still a great experience and service staff was very personable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to know infosteakxoxoxoDined on 5/9/2014wonderful service great staff...food excellent....they could not be any more perfect....the girls in the front that take you to your seat could go.. and not be missed ....very cold ... told to sit at the bar and wait till we had a talbe looked like lots of tables were ready....no room at bar ...they should be aware that you might buy a drink at your table if you could sit ...again lots of open tables not pleased with the gals up front the rest of the staff very friendly and attentive....good restaurant ..great food liked it would return .....Special Features:
- first choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014First time at the new location and found it a must see. The service and food where as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Worlds best RibeyedrbradDined on 5/2/2014I have traveled to many states and countries and have yet to find a Ribeye better than Ruth's!! It is the steak that I use as a benchmark wherever my travels take me.Special Features:
- sweetpeaVIPDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful steaks as are all other accompaniments. Host is always very welcoming as are the waiters. Always a pleasure to return!Special Features:
- Ruth's in Portland is alwaysPJfrmSoCalVIPDined on 4/3/2014Ruth's in Portland is always great. Service is super and management is always around asking how things are. Great product and great service.Special Features:
- Mouth-watering!AlexVIPDined on 3/31/2014We had the Portland Dine Out $29 3-course special and considered it quite a bargain. The 6-oz. filets, done medium rare at our server's suggestion, were perfect. The wine at $17 a glass was a little expensive; but was exquisite with the steaks. Can't go wrong here. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLovegoodfoodDined on 3/29/2014My Family went here for a special occasion, and it did not let us down one bit. We rarely go downtown to dinner as a family, so this was really special to us. Every single part of the dinner was absolutely perfect. The drinks, the appetizers, the main course, the dessert. Our server was an absolute sweetheart, our water glasses were filled constantly, and the overall theme that everyone was genuinely pleased to have us there. I say go!!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steaks were so good weBarbaraDined on 3/27/2014The steaks were so good we are still talking about them FIlet MignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Ruth's Chris.RoxanneDined on 3/24/2014First time at Ruth's Chris. I really enjoyed the ambiance. Our servers (Scott I think) was great as we were on a romantic date and he was very non-intrusive. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris 3/23leBoneDined on 3/23/2014Until I saw the listing in PDX Dining Month, I had no idea RC had moved so close to the Oregon Symphony's concert hall. Very nice! Craig, our server, was most excellent. My only complaint - and I use that term hesitantly because the meal was incredible - was that the PDM menu listed cheesecake with fresh berries, as the dessert. When Craig brought our dessert, it was a pineapple/coconut bread pudding with dark chocolate. Super tasty, but the I'm very health conscious and almost never treat myself to dessert, so I was anticipating the cheesecake and berries and it was a factor in my decision to dine at RC. I was disappointed in the substitution and that's the reason for only 4 stars. The PDM menu as offered would have been an certain 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.