Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ponte Vedra Beach
814 A1A North, Suite 103
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082Neighborhood:
Ponte Vedra Beach
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ponte Vedra Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7202/Ponte-Vedra-Beach
- Phone: 9042850014
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Larry Broome
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Callaway 9042850014
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ponte Vedra Beach
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ponte Vedra Beach - Best Restaurants in Ponte Vedra Beach ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ponte Vedra Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (37)fit for foodies (31)notable wine list (24)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (10)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- not quite up to standard.eagleVIPDined on 9/14/2014tuna great,chop salad had two large globs of blue cheese,crisp fries were limp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My son and I truly enjoyed dining at Ruths Chris again. I personally enjoyed the Caesar salad which was excellent!! Brought back memories of the days when my husband (deceased) and I would celebrate our wedding anniversaries @ the Ruths Chris in Indianapolis, Indiana. Thank you for a lovely dining experience.... RosalieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencefloridagalDined on 9/10/2014This is such a special place, great for celebrating birthdays or anniversaries. The staff goes out of their way to congratulate your event and pay extra attention.Special Features:
- consistently greateagleVIPDined on 9/1/2014Drew very good job! Veggie plate very good,salad as well. Smoked salmon not quite there,too much garlic on flatbread detracts from taste.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationHappyDiner1Dined on 8/31/2014Another wonderful evening to celebrate a family birthday! We can ALWAYS count on Jason and Ruth's Chris for delicious food and superior service.Special Features:
- Excellent, as it always is.JABJAXDined on 8/30/2014Ruth Chris has the best food and service in the restaurant business. From the time you arrive till you leave the experience is always a good one. Great steaks that are always cooked to the correct degree of doneness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Overall a little disappointing. 1. one of the waiters placed spoons on the wrong side of the soup bowls. 2. my cut of filet was average quality. 3. the bill was brought before we were asked whether we wanted coffee or after dinner drinks. 4. food was served at a very fast pace. Felt a little rushed.Special Features:
- Superb steak and exemplary service!DrMIckeyDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went over our self-imposed food intake limit but it was worth it. Started with the calamari (nice mildly hot Asian sauce) and finished with the 16-ounce rib-eye and potatoes au gratin. The steak was cooked exactly to my liking, served on a sizzling ceramic plate. It was the most delicious and tender steak I have ever had. Period. The entire staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. What a great night!Special Features:
- Just a guy that likes it done rightCritic4CriticsDined on 8/7/2014First customers in the restaurant. Ordered the filet (medium) for both of us. One was great, the other more towards well. Looks like someone lost track of time in the kitchen! When later arriving customers (3) food is delivered before yours, you know something is cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPVB2Dined on 8/6/2014Ruth's Chris never disappoints you. Their focus on quality is obvious. The only thing to remember is that you should be hungry or prepared to take part of your steak home with you. Their strip steak is huge.Special Features:
- Great steaksCeadmileDined on 8/5/2014Steaks were good; lobster mac and cheese with chiles was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food consistently goodDURKVIPDined on 8/5/2014Never have any problems with the food or it's presentation. However our waiter left a little to be desired. We requested two separate checks and we requested a black napkin for a woman who was wearing a black suit. That didn't happen. We had to ask a busboy for the napkin (which he got) and when the check arrived, we had to ask him again for two separate checks. I tried to explain to him that my steak was not done the way I ordered it and I had to exchange my steak with my husband (he is not as fussy as I am) and the waiter just blew it off. Not happy about that at all. Everyone at the table thought he was a tad on the curt side. I would certainly go back to the restaurant but I would not sit in his station again.Special Features:
- High standardWeluvUrmlDined on 7/22/2014We have had the occasion to dine at Ruth Chris a couple of time a year for many years and the High Standards of service and food is always consistent, which is very important to all of us. To know that we will receive the finest steak and sides keeps us returning year after year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open table requestseagleVIPDined on 7/20/2014All was excellant! Other open table restaurants throughout the country honor,or explain,the special requests section.We dine here 25 to 30 times per year,so our request for a window table should not be a surprise.Many times this request is honored,this time no mention prior to seating,our request was not discussed.How can other open table restaurants accomplish this,and when traveling,we dine there once per year?Special Features:
- BistroVIPDined on 7/19/2014The steak was ordered as medium and it was well done. Still good but not prepared properly.Special Features:
- Fine DiningBritboyDined on 7/12/2014We went to celebrate my Birthday and had a most enjoyable experience. The food was delicious and as you would expect from them the steaks were cooked to perfection (the lobster was great too). The service was timely not intrusive and a great night was had by all.Special Features:
- Two Strikes and You're OutWallStHeroDined on 7/5/2014My girlfriend and I both ordered the bone in filet, med-rare. I ordered mine finished Pittsburgh style. The chef over cooked my steak to well done and served it. It took over 20 minutes for my steak to arrive with the correct temperature. My girlfriend was finished with her steak, when mine arrived. $300 for 2 people and no comp of a drink, desert...nothing. Our visit before that, we ordered lobster tails as appetizers. They weren't cooked all the way. I'm finished with this Ruth's Chris. III Forks is a much better option.Special Features:
- Fine dinner experience!BennettDined on 7/5/2014Had a very enjoyable evening of fine dining, and with impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced And HypedThankYouVIPDined on 6/28/2014The ambience is like a retirement home. Dark and depressing. The menu is boring and the food isn't that great. The waiter was a bit cocky. Restaurant Medure and Capitol Grill blows them away.
- The Best2007Z06Dined on 6/28/2014Ruth Chris at Ponte Vedra beach is consistently the best. Great food, outstanding service.Special Features:
- TAH1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Sadly... although we were told to expect "sizzling" platters and were told the plates were hot there was no sizzle and the plates were not hot. We were a party of 7 so I cut them a little slack and everyone was hungry and willing to forego sending the steaks back. My New York Strip had an unusually large piece of gristle running down the center. I know. It happens. I've been to this restaurant in Ponte Vedra several times and generally the steak is much better than the one I had this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversary nightKarlDined on 6/28/2014Nice spot for a special occasions but a bit noisy which makes quiet talk difficult adding some nice sound absorbing panels would help and also allow for a little more privacy. Service is excellent our server Drew was diligent but not intrusive. Best creamed spinach, au gratin potatoes could use more flavorful cheese sauce. Steaks were perfectly cooked but seem a little lacking in flavor, maybe seasoning with salt and letting sit for several hour before cooking would help. The hot plate seem a little gimmicky and make adding sides to plate difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTdellDined on 6/21/2014A wonderful evening celebrating our 52nd wedding anniversary. The entire staff, including management, made us feel special.....50 Acres cab, excellent escargot, BLT salad was so beautifully presented and delicious...lobster, steaks and sides cooked to perfection....looking forward to our 53rd at Ruth Chris. Priceless!!!!Special Features:
- Celebration DinnerhappycoupleDined on 6/20/2014We went here to celebrate our one month of being married because someone gave us a gift card to go and we really enjoyed it. I forsee us going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakjimrVIPDined on 6/18/2014I always get the bone in rib eye and it's always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuisLuisDined on 6/15/2014Excellent food and service, as always. Great Father's Day (or any other day) spot.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualJECLADined on 6/15/2014There is nothing like a Ruth Chris steak! The service and food was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Good, but over-priced. Food issuesPVBdinerDined on 6/7/2014Drinks, apps and sides were good. My steak was overdone, which was very disappointing. Not quite bad enough to send back, but it did effect my enjoyment. This is an unforgivable sin for a high end steakhouse. My wife's fish was undercooked and was taken off the bill. I doubt we will go back and they are less than a mile from our new house.Special Features:
- Spoiled on our 20th Anniversary!Jtimes2Dined on 6/4/2014We had never been to a Ruth's Chris Steak House and a friend recommended that we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary there. This was the best recommendation we could have gotten. There were rose petals on our table, a handwritten card from the staff, the GM stopped at our table and gave us his card and checked in on our celebration. All the staff wished us a happy anniversary and used our names. Our waiter, Michael, was INCREDIBLE ... that perfect balance of attentiveness and good service while still giving us "our space" to celebrate together. The evening was topped off with a special dessert - with Happy 20th Anniversary written in chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special evening!HappilyMarried4everDined on 6/4/2014My daughter is getting married soon so we went for a Daddy-daughter dinner. Jason was a very attentive waiter. The food was served at a good pace. My daughter is a fan of the lobster bisque--very rich with many lobster chunks. They allowed us to split the filet so we could enjoy more side dishes. The sweet potatoes are a must! And the creme brûlée never disappoints.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service!CherylDined on 6/2/2014We made reservations to celebrate my son's graduation, and were so pleased with our waiter Michael! We had a party of seven, and everything from the food to the service was top notch.Special Features:
- Great First Time ExperienceLifeZaJourneyVIPDined on 5/29/2014While we've dined at other similar restaurants in the past, our first time experience with Ruth's Chris Steak House in Ponte Vedra Beach was over the top. The entire experience was the best ever, from the service to the food to the friendliness of the wait staff and also meeting the manager and sharing our compliments with him. We'll dine there again to celebrate our next special occasion - in fact, we'll make it the restaurant of choice for all future special occasions! Thanks, Ruth's Chris Steak House for a great experience!Special Features:
- Great SteakAnneDined on 5/26/2014Great place to eat. Waiter very attentive. A little expensive but great prime rib.Special Features:
- Another great experienceForscoran7Dined on 5/25/2014This was the second time we have visited while in Jacksonville area and we fully intend on coming back. Great quality- did the Porterhouse for 2 and got a great wine recommendation. Wait staff has been superb on 2 occasions. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 302 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ponte Vedra Beach reviews archive.
- Lmu8523Dined on 5/22/2014Came here to celebrate my birthday with family visiting from Massachusetts. Their first time there and we had a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Always a winner!!FoodieCatVIPDined on 5/12/2014Another great meal- steak, wine and service!! Yum!! Be sure to try the seasonal spring salad- it was delish!!Special Features:
- The ultimate dining in Ponte VedraRegularRCdinerDined on 5/11/2014If you are truly looking for a great time, the best mouth watering steaks served sizzling and giant portioned sides come one come all. There truly is nothing in Ponte Vedra that exactly compares with the flavor, the service and the incredible eatery and lavish steakhouse of Ruth's Chris. The restaurant is conveniently located and the staff always provides great insights and a welcoming time, we dined celebrating my wife's birthday! What I am wanting to accomplish is getting a group of mine to contact Melissa Marshall and soon to book in for a special event! It is rare that you find both great food and great service in one location in Jacksonville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Ruth's Chris experience.socal33Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day lunch. Had never been in for lunch before, only dinner. The 16 oz. ribeye steak was perfect as was the outstanding caesar salad. Of course, quite the expensive outing, but worth the treat once in a while.Special Features:
- PLAYERS Tournament weekRepeatVIPDined on 5/7/2014Had a 11 person reservation, 8:15 Wednesday night of the PLAYERS, place packed and my group was late. Ruth Chris held my reservation for 30min even though could filled the table. Great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So DinnerGSJAXBCHVIPDined on 5/7/2014One of the first times I've been there where it was just "so-so" as an experience. Not sure I'll be returning anytime soon at these price points.