Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh
6 PPG Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: (412) 391-4800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dennis Denk
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Patty Dini 4123914800
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh
Ruth's Chris Steak House Pittsburgh is located in PPG Place, the crown jewel of the Pittsburgh skyline. Outside our front door you'll delight at the sight of the dancing water fountain in the spring & summer months & the one-of-a kind, spectacular outdoor ice skating rink in the winter. Our convenient location in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh & our suitable lunch & dinner hours allow you to linger over a business meeting or celebrate a night on the town. You'll find that we are within walking distance of all the major office buildings, the Cultural District & the shopping area in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (33)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (21)great for lunch (19)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- expected more for priceJessmarie022Dined on 11/15/2014Lobster mac was dry. Brown lettuce. I hired a babysitter but sat by noisy kids. Steak was good. Expected more for the money.Special Features:
- Overpriced, less than average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2014Unfortunately, this visit did not yield a favorable review or long-lasting impression to return. Our steaks lacked flavor, and my husband's had a large ribbon of fat running through his filet and found the steak to be very "tough" and undesirable, even after being cooked to medium rare. Our calamari was lack-luster the sauce tasted like a spicy General Tso. The atmosphere was extremely noisy; we could barely hear ourselves, let alone the waitress. Overall, the experience was not very appetizing and after $260 we will not be back.Special Features:
- Disappointing!KAG1Dined on 11/8/2014It's been a number of years since I have been to the syeakhouse. I felt that they have rested on their laurels and do not provide the excellent experience they once did. Everything from service (including the servers themselves) to taste to atmosphere left alot to be desired. With the price of dining here, I could go to any other steakhouse and enjoy a better steak. I did enjoy the warm water lobster though!
- Great food and great serviceWifesBirthdayDined on 11/1/2014Great food and great service to go along to create an excellent dining experience for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always, bad seat loc.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2014Food was terrific as always and great service, but the table was wedged besides a booth on two sides and just too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still The Best!TobyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Went to Ruth's Chris for our once-a-year steak fix. Despite other steak houses which have come on the scene (Morton's, Capitol Grill), my husband and I still think that the steaks at Ruth's Chris are the best. We both got the petite filet, medium rare and at 8 ounces, it's more than sufficient. We started with the chopped salad which we shared; while it was good, it could have used a more vibrant and flavorful dressing. Next time we'll return to our favorite--tomatoes and onions with blue cheese crumbles. Our sides were lyonnaise potatoes and of course, the mushrooms sautéed in butter. All were scrumptious and our waitress and all of the wait staff (they have plenty) were attentive, knowledgeable but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Consistent good mealsWahooVIPDined on 10/30/2014Ruth's Chris has never disappointed. When you want a really good meal, you won't go wrong here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014food was delicious, steaks cooked exactly as ordered. our waiter was Marcus, we received excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NaveedDined on 10/25/2014Food/wine was amazing, to go along with a good atmosphere, friendly staff and good service. It is a little pricey, but a good spot for special occasions.Special Features:
- Birthday MealLoveYummyFoodDined on 10/23/2014We went there for my daughter's birthday! Excellent food. Excellent service. And a free birthday dessert! Was GREAT!
- Birthday CelebrationSixxdogDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday at Ruth's Chris. Had a great night the food was excellent and the entire staff could not have been more friendly. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceessrsDined on 10/18/2014Celebrating my husband's birthday--- Food was exceptional- and for his birthday, they took the time to decorate a dessert offering with Happy Birthday... Service was perfect.Special Features:
- Always great!NH58Dined on 10/4/2014Ruth's Chris brings it every time! We love the entire experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do you top the best?PittsburghBillDined on 10/4/2014After a number of visits to Ruth's Chriss, I still find myself as pleased by the experience as I was the first time. Service is quiet, efficient, and friendly without being intrusive. The food is basic but deliciously prepared and elegantly plated. The managers came over to our table to makes sure our experience was positive. I can't wait until my next visit!Special Features:
- Great dinner and value !candygirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have not been in awhile and loved our meal. Tried the chef's menu and you get to chose a salad or starter, main entre - we both had 6 oz filet with shrimp and each gets your own side - but large enough to share and a dessert. What I loved is the portions were normal not gigantic and we loved the preparation of it all. Service was terrific.Special Features:
- luvsgreatfoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014My visit was a business lunch. You can get in and out without being rushed. Had a caesar salad with seared ahi tuna. The tuna was definitely sushi grade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent customer service and foodGroupbirthdayDined on 9/21/2014Customer service is nothing short of wonderful. Russ was our waiter. Not only did he remember our names when he heard us talking and address us each by name, but he recognized the birthday celebration with a special desert without us asking. As usual, the food was outstanding. The only down side is the food is so good you eat it all and don't have any left overs! Thank you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "sizzle" is the bestBerkDined on 9/19/2014The Ruth steak is still the best in the Burg! The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsWahooVIPDined on 9/16/2014Ruth's is not an exotic restaurant. It delivers a wonderful array of food dependably and deliciously. It is the best steak house around and that is true in most cities.Special Features:
- FantasticLaurenDined on 9/13/2014Everything from start to finish is always amazing. Erin, our server, is always super friendly and meets all of our accommodations. The filet is always cooked to the perfect temperature. We love the crab martini and shrimp cocktail. Best lemon drop martini I have ever had! We will continue to go back to Ruth's Chris frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent NightPatsyDined on 9/8/2014We were taking friends out to dinner to celebrate his 70th birthday. We had a wonderful time. Food was excellent, service was excellent, truly everything about Ruth's Chris was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOH Attention NeededLoveCouplefromDCDined on 9/6/2014Great food and service so this post is primarily for management. I "get it" that you're packed because Morton's had a kitchen fire. Great opportunity to get new clients, but don't seat so many walk-ins ahead of reservations. No apology was offered, just a "you're table isn't prepared yet". As we started walking to the bar, the 4 top that had come back to check on their table was told "5 more minutes" 5 minutes ago wasn't pleased. The front manager proceeds to have this discussion at the intersection of the reception and bar so that no one can get by. It continued for a few minutes at the same spot. Really man, conflict resolution 101. As we left, same mgr is sitting w 2 servers in bar folding napkins. No eye contact- no "thanks".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RudeFoodgirl6VIPDined on 9/6/2014As a frequent diner in all of pittsburgh's top restaurants as well as this being my 10th time dinning at Ruth's Chris I was never so furious about the treatment we received We were in the back room ( which obviously is not prime spot in the restaurant) we were with clients and spent $1000 for our dinner only to be reprimanded for being to loud ! The guy that yelled at us was extremely unprofessional and if it wasn't for our fabulous waitrer we would have gotten up and walked out !! No one else in the room complained except for one couple who asked to be moved and believe me they were probably more upset that they were stuck in the back corner of the little "B LIST " room! Than the fact we were having a good time !! I'm never going backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing. Great family restaurant. The wait staff was very nice.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014I had business dinners and my daughters rehearsal dinner there. We eat there regularly...disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food AND service!RxJess83Dined on 8/26/2014This was our first time eating here. We went for our 4th year anniversary and they made it such a special experience! We enjoyed everything, from the drinks to the service to the food. Our server was excellent :) The food was delicious! We would definitely come back to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our special occasionGina729Dined on 8/16/2014We went here for my husband's birthday, there were five in our group and we all got something different from the menu. This was a repeat visit so I knew that the quality of the steaks would be outstanding and we weren't disappointed. Everyone loved the side dishes: the crispy fries, the broccoli and the lobster mac and cheese. My husband was the only one who got a cocktail but enjoyed a new drink that he tried for the first time.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EVENINGTinaDined on 8/3/2014RUTH CHRIS'S NEVER LET'S US DOWN. WONDERFUL SERVICE AND GREAT FOOD LOVED BY ALL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but....FlysoupDined on 8/1/2014Our first experience with RCS. Immediately, I was impressed with the wait staff, especially our waiter. He was the role model of how a waiter should be. He was absolutely excellent. However, being a steak place and the price paid for the steak, I would expect the steak to be done to order. Both steaks ordered were over cooked. This was disappointing and the price paid for a simple bowl of steamed broccoli is a bit outrageous. There was nothing special about it just a bowl of broc. If you have money to burn, then this is your place.Special Features:
- Table servicePheeeeelDined on 7/29/2014I recommend that the company invest in training the wait staff to be top notch in care and pleasantly toward customers. In my opinion, a 125 per head restaurant should be top notch. That's it.Special Features:
- Always A GemGreatDined on 7/25/2014Ruth's Chris has been my wife and my favorite restaurants for over 20 years. Never a bad meal or bad experience. First rate wait staff. The best steak by far in Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- The following 493 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh reviews archive.
- great foodrd851VIPDined on 7/12/2014great food but a bit on the expensive side for what you get. their swordfish was done nicely and the steak is always cooked to perfection. A bit too much salt on the food in general but otherwise cant complain except for the price..Special Features:
- Reviewdin4twoDined on 7/10/2014Excellent dinner with all the trimmings. The best steak dinner I have eaten in months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little offOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/10/2014I love their hamburger. This one was a bit off. Not as juicy and seemed smaller. I attributed it to being slightly overcooked. Still good, just not the same as I always get. Service was stellar as usual.Special Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerNancyDined on 7/8/2014Celebrated a special family birthday by having dinner at Ruth's Chris. Appetizers, steaks, and sides were excellent. Only disappointment was the creme brûlée. We vacationed in France last year where we had it many times for dessert. The French versions were more "dense", creamy, and flavorful while the caramelized sugar topping was much thicker in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Have eaten at this place many times. Always excellent steaks and service.
- A Restaurant in DeclineGDMMDVIPDined on 7/6/2014Over the years I've eaten at Ruth's Chris steakhouse dozens of times all over the US. On Sunday, for a special wedding anniversary my family dined at Ruth's Chris despite finding our experience recently at a different city's Ruth's Chris to be seriously lacking. Unfortunately, we found that it is not city dependent. Their signature filets were of moderate quality with grissle and far too much fat. The sides were likewise of lesser quality than previously and smaller in size. The Caesar salad remained the only bright spot in the meal itself. As for the service, our waitress must have thought that she was in a diner. The familiarity with which she addressed my 80 year old parents celebrating their 60th anniversary was appalling. Done!
- lovesdiningoutVIPDined on 6/28/2014The noise level was way more than energetic - you couldn't carry on a conversation. Having eaten here many many times before I was also disappointed in the taste and quality of my lamb chops. Another criticism was there was no time between our salads and main entrees - the entrees were waiting on a tray while we were finishing up our salads. Just a very disappointing visit on a Saturday evening when we were celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary. Will not make the mistake to go back there for a special occasion.
- Best SteakhouseRedheadVIPDined on 6/28/2014Ruth's Chris continues to be the best of the high-end steakhouses. Good selection of steaks, and prepared perfectly. Plenty of other options are available.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Food and service was phenomenal. I've always enjoyed the food. We try to go each year for our anniversary however this is a great place for getting together with friends too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.