Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh
6 PPG Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 4123914800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dennis Denk
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Patty Dini 4123914800
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh
Ruth's Chris Steak House Pittsburgh is located in PPG Place, the crown jewel of the Pittsburgh skyline. Outside our front door you'll delight at the sight of the dancing water fountain in the spring & summer months & the one-of-a kind, spectacular outdoor ice skating rink in the winter. Our convenient location in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh & our suitable lunch & dinner hours allow you to linger over a business meeting or celebrate a night on the town. You'll find that we are within walking distance of all the major office buildings, the Cultural District & the shopping area in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (29)notable wine list (24)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014I had business dinners and my daughters rehearsal dinner there. We eat there regularly...disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food AND service!RxJess83Dined on 8/26/2014This was our first time eating here. We went for our 4th year anniversary and they made it such a special experience! We enjoyed everything, from the drinks to the service to the food. Our server was excellent :) The food was delicious! We would definitely come back to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our special occasionGina729Dined on 8/16/2014We went here for my husband's birthday, there were five in our group and we all got something different from the menu. This was a repeat visit so I knew that the quality of the steaks would be outstanding and we weren't disappointed. Everyone loved the side dishes: the crispy fries, the broccoli and the lobster mac and cheese. My husband was the only one who got a cocktail but enjoyed a new drink that he tried for the first time.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EVENINGTinaDined on 8/3/2014RUTH CHRIS'S NEVER LET'S US DOWN. WONDERFUL SERVICE AND GREAT FOOD LOVED BY ALL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but....FlysoupDined on 8/1/2014Our first experience with RCS. Immediately, I was impressed with the wait staff, especially our waiter. He was the role model of how a waiter should be. He was absolutely excellent. However, being a steak place and the price paid for the steak, I would expect the steak to be done to order. Both steaks ordered were over cooked. This was disappointing and the price paid for a simple bowl of steamed broccoli is a bit outrageous. There was nothing special about it just a bowl of broc. If you have money to burn, then this is your place.Special Features:
- Table servicePheeeeelDined on 7/29/2014I recommend that the company invest in training the wait staff to be top notch in care and pleasantly toward customers. In my opinion, a 125 per head restaurant should be top notch. That's it.Special Features:
- Always A GemGreatDined on 7/25/2014Ruth's Chris has been my wife and my favorite restaurants for over 20 years. Never a bad meal or bad experience. First rate wait staff. The best steak by far in Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- great foodrd851VIPDined on 7/12/2014great food but a bit on the expensive side for what you get. their swordfish was done nicely and the steak is always cooked to perfection. A bit too much salt on the food in general but otherwise cant complain except for the price..Special Features:
- Reviewdin4twoDined on 7/10/2014Excellent dinner with all the trimmings. The best steak dinner I have eaten in months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little offOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/10/2014I love their hamburger. This one was a bit off. Not as juicy and seemed smaller. I attributed it to being slightly overcooked. Still good, just not the same as I always get. Service was stellar as usual.Special Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerNancyDined on 7/8/2014Celebrated a special family birthday by having dinner at Ruth's Chris. Appetizers, steaks, and sides were excellent. Only disappointment was the creme brûlée. We vacationed in France last year where we had it many times for dessert. The French versions were more "dense", creamy, and flavorful while the caramelized sugar topping was much thicker in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Have eaten at this place many times. Always excellent steaks and service.
- A Restaurant in DeclineGDMMDVIPDined on 7/6/2014Over the years I've eaten at Ruth's Chris steakhouse dozens of times all over the US. On Sunday, for a special wedding anniversary my family dined at Ruth's Chris despite finding our experience recently at a different city's Ruth's Chris to be seriously lacking. Unfortunately, we found that it is not city dependent. Their signature filets were of moderate quality with grissle and far too much fat. The sides were likewise of lesser quality than previously and smaller in size. The Caesar salad remained the only bright spot in the meal itself. As for the service, our waitress must have thought that she was in a diner. The familiarity with which she addressed my 80 year old parents celebrating their 60th anniversary was appalling. Done!
- lovesdiningoutVIPDined on 6/28/2014The noise level was way more than energetic - you couldn't carry on a conversation. Having eaten here many many times before I was also disappointed in the taste and quality of my lamb chops. Another criticism was there was no time between our salads and main entrees - the entrees were waiting on a tray while we were finishing up our salads. Just a very disappointing visit on a Saturday evening when we were celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary. Will not make the mistake to go back there for a special occasion.
- Best SteakhouseRedheadVIPDined on 6/28/2014Ruth's Chris continues to be the best of the high-end steakhouses. Good selection of steaks, and prepared perfectly. Plenty of other options are available.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Food and service was phenomenal. I've always enjoyed the food. We try to go each year for our anniversary however this is a great place for getting together with friends too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJoeBDDined on 6/21/2014Great visit to one of our favorites. Good table, service was very good and the steaks wonderful.Special Features:
- Good not GreatGoodServicePleaseDined on 6/16/2014The food is always good at Ruth's Chris. The Piitsburgh restaurant feels very "corporate" with an atmosphere more suitable for business lunches and dinners. Not very warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BsquaredVIPDined on 6/14/2014The steak was somewhat disappointing in flavor and preparation. The place was busy, but the service a little slow beyond that as an excuse.Special Features:
- Highly recommendJenniSDined on 6/14/2014We ordered the filet, which was amazing. Also ordered the sweet potatoe casserole & crab cakes. They were also delicious. Our waitress was very attentive and prompt. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place for a Good SteakLentenfishfinderDined on 6/13/2014While Pittsburgh has several good steakhouses, this is my favorite.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Steak House!!GloriaVIPDined on 6/11/2014Great steaks, great service and pleasant atmosphere!! The drinks were creative and delish. Gotta try the cherry cobbler, awesome dessert!!!Special Features:
- Perfect Night OutRynneyDined on 6/10/2014What can I say? My fiancé and I celebrated his birthday here. I mentioned the occasion when my reservation was confirmed and they offered to seat us at a window table. From the time we sat down until we left, we were very well attended. Our drinks were good, our steaks delicious and we left very satisfied. The special-a starter/entrèe/side/dessert is quite a good deal! My only complaint was that putting shrimp on a 500 degree plate will over cook them every time. Still, we enjoyed a wonderful meal. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingWahooVIPDined on 6/10/2014Ruth's Chris is and always has been the best of the chain steak houses. Their consistency is amazing. I doubt you will ever get a bad meal there and the service is always top flight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFirsttimersDined on 6/6/2014This was my first time, everybody we had contact with was extremely pleasant and friendly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service.Hello123Dined on 5/24/2014The food and service was outstanding. My wife did not like her dish (I thought it was excellent), so they brought her something else instantly and took it off our bill. They were so quick with the replacement meal that we still got to eat together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Warm service and delicious food in comfortable surroundings made our evening perfect.Special Features:
- Pricey but goodseefooddietVIPDined on 5/15/2014Nice lunch but a little pricey. $90 for two of us. Could feed some poor townships for that much.Special Features:
- Well known steak chainGourmetDinerDined on 5/12/2014Overall, it was good. The steaks were good, though I wish they would have a choice of skirt steak or a thin cut steak. We did have an issue with one of the plates. But the matter was taken care of expeditiously and entirely to our satisfaction. The server was outstanding as was the manager who personally visited every table to make sure everything was to one's satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayRepeatDined on 5/11/2014It was a very nice relaxed atmosphere for Mother's Day. Our waiter, Marcus, could not have been nicer and more accommodating with our 9 year old daughter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/9/2014I get the steak burger for lunch almost everytime. My favorite and IMO, the best in Pittsburgh. Service is always spot on!Special Features:
- Great Steaks but fair servicedannydDined on 5/8/2014Usually enjoy some of the best steaks in Pittsburgh at Ruth Chris but I was disappointed in the service attention and attitude towards my guests.Special Features:
- Grade A SteakhouseAkiteDined on 5/6/2014Enjoyed hardy steak dinner with two of my steak eating buddies. All agreed, steaks perfectly seasoned and made to specified temperature. Enjoyed oysters and sides of cream spinach and fries. Services was top notch. Couldn't have been more pleased.Special Features:
- The following 467 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pittsburgh reviews archive.
- Birthday.CeeJayDined on 5/3/2014We loved our dinner and our server was wonderful. Have always had a positive experience dining there! We will continue to come back and celebrate our family occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service should have 7 stars!!!favspotVIPDined on 4/30/2014I requested David's section, as he has served me many times. - His attention to his customer is amazing! - I wish there were more stars to rate him. He is an excellent waiter and I will exclusively ask for him when he is working. Ruths Chris is my favorite place to eat and I hope that you keep the Triple Play menu, its a winner. But when I come for dinner - I know I will never get disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014Minimal room between tables. Rushed service. Felt like I was being pushed (at 8:30 at night). For the money I would go to the capital grill or Morton's.
- Great dining experienceEnjoyableDined on 4/26/2014We were seated promptly upon arrival. The wait staff was right there. Food and beverages were all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 4/25/2014We recently celebrated our 25th Anniversary with friends at Ruth's Chris. We had a very enjoyable evening. Food was outstanding,wine selection great and the waitress was perfect! Our waitress created a very memorable dessert plate for our special evening. Will definitely return for another evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday celebrationbskfebDined on 4/23/2014It is comforting to know that the staff is cognizant and alert to food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveseefooddietVIPDined on 4/22/2014Quite overpriced beyond the natural point for premium dining. Nevertheless the place was full of people with expense accounts.