Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pikesville
1777 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pikesville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-pikesville.com/
- Phone: 4108370033
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Nardy Castellon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Leslie Amick - 410.837.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pikesville
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pikesville - Best Restaurants in Pikesville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pikesville reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (74)notable wine list (60)neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (32)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)scenic view (9)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great SteakhouseScottDined on 8/29/2014Ruth's Chris has been a staple in my birthday planning for many years. I've dined now in several of the locations and have always been pleased with my dinner. Great rib eye steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014great food great service a little bit pricey average price for a steak $45Special Features:
- Just OK by Ruth Chris standardsjgt03Dined on 8/24/2014Inside of restaurant is perfect . The outside appearance was modest; parking is ample and very convenient. The chicken was dry and not very well seasoned according to a member of dinner party. I had fillet mignon steak which I ordered medium well, which I got very well done. The steak was good. I have had better at Longhorn restaurants for 1/3 the price though. At this restaurant order you steak medium. The sides were excellent and generous in portion they being sweatpotato casserole and spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!DebbieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very disappointed overall with our meal. Four of us dined here on a recent Saturday night celebrating my husband's birthday. Steaks ordered by three of us were very disappointing. Not tender and not worth the price. Also, we were seating in a room that appears to be used for conferences that was not as attractive as the rest of the restaurant. They have a beautiful outside dining area that we didn't realize was there until we were leaving. We would have liked to have the option of being seated out there but it wasn't offered even though the tables were set for patrons. Not likely to recommend or return.Special Features:
- ZELLDined on 8/23/2014Worst steak I've ever had at a Ruths Chris not up to their standards, will go back down to the Water St. location again but not to the Pikesville location.
- Not as good as expectedGrampsDined on 8/21/2014Petite stead was about 4 oz, wife's steak was what was expected. Appetizer was pretty lousy. Chowder was not great. Service was very good, I should have requested a decedent sized steak. Food was not a good value.
- Girls Night OutDivineDivaDined on 8/20/2014Wanted to catch up with a good friend and we chose Ruth's Chris because it was close to home. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014We have been to Ruth Chris several times at this location. This was the best experience that we have engaged in thus far. Our waiter, Henry, was so pleasant, professional and personable. He made our experience a wonderful one. The ambiance was so relaxing for a hard day after work. As a small business owner, this experience was needed greatly and appreciated as well.Special Features:
- Saturday night groupaskwendyDined on 8/16/2014A 7 person family gathering couldn't have gone better. Food, service, atmosphere all excellent as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner ChoiceHawksgirlDined on 8/15/2014Ruth Chris Pikesville was fantastic. Our waitress Nadia was incredible and very efficient. Food was terrific and each course was timed perfectly. Our table was in a quiet room with maybe 5 others. There was a flamboyant and downright rude couple in our room however the waitress and manager handled them with class and decorum so as not to ruin the dining experience of others. Thanks Ruth Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the place for steakkedsDined on 8/14/2014Always good. Recommend outside dining. If you want to be pampered bt great service thisis the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisine, great atmosphereBmoreHonDined on 8/14/2014The food was delicious and our waiter Henry was the absolute BEST! He provided us with outstanding service with a pleasant sense of humor. I'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food - Great ServicePentellDined on 8/12/2014Steak perfectly cooked and exceptional. Service was first class even on a very crowded evening. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBlaqueDined on 8/9/2014The food was great and the service was excellent. I would definitely recommend anyone to go there for a great evening out at a quality food restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service...a little confused on the parking options outside though (reserved spaces, can I park there or not)....it was a night to remember with the rose pedals placed on our table due to my girlfriends birthday....nice touch....steak was perfect, chicken was perfect choices for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJenniferMaryDined on 8/7/2014I've been going to Ruth's Chris for years and knew that it was the place to go when I needed to pick a restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday. Winston (our server) was absolutely amazing, he was extremely knowledgable. We will definitely be returning for every special occasion and romantic outing we have planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer !MikeDined on 8/2/2014I brought my wife here on Saturday 02AUG14 and it was an amazing experience we have never been to a nice steak dinner like this before, but about 4 hours after we left I got horrible food poisioning and was in bed all night and the next day.Special Features:
- Wonderful!bintherb4Dined on 8/1/2014Great, hot meal, cooked to perfection, in a beautiful, elegant setting. Staff extraordinarily attentive, polite, amiable. Noise level acceptable, perhaps just a bit too high. Valet parking convenient in a smallish parking lot. Pricing on the expensive side. Great place to go for that big once in a while celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REVREVDined on 7/31/2014This is be of our favorite restaurants. Always great food and service.Special Features:
- always goodkedsDined on 7/31/2014Great place to unwind after work. Great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad BirthdayChipVIPDined on 7/27/2014Went with two couples on a very slow Sunday night. Three out of the four people had birthdays in July. When we walked in I told the hostess and not a mention by anyone. Not even one free piece of cake. Our bill was well over $400 and they couldn't make it special? Shame on them. I emailed the restaurant the next day because I felt bad for my friends. I didn't order dessert because I knew it was coming. I was called back immediately and unfortunately I was not able to answer my phone. I have since called back 4 times and left voice messages for the manager but no one has returned my call. Shame on you for not answering you voice mails and not responding to customer issues. Your food was excellent, as usual, but not your service.Special Features:
- Great ambienceregularcustomerVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with a solicitious staff. Too bad the food is slathered in butter, even when ordered without butter. Salads ordered with dressing on the side come dressed. Okay, Ruth's Chris, wake up. If someone doesn't want butter on their food, then leave it off. All of it.Special Features:
- pikesville,s BestmrshoemakerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Every time we are here we get the best meal.I have never had anything but a great meal.The service is the best and the food is better.Ben is the best!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Always Great Ruth's ChrisDonnVIPDined on 7/24/2014Three of us dined at 6:30 pm on July 24. We had a wonderful dinner, great service, and everything perfect.Special Features:
- Birthday celebration3SteakloversDined on 7/23/2014We brought our son to celebrate his birthday. Son Tom and self, Mom, have dined at R C previously, it was always an excellent experience for us. This event was my husband, Jim's, first time there. Tom and my food was to dream about. Jim's selections were a surprisingly tough steak and run dry lobster tail. Jim was also very disappointed by the side dishes he ordered. We chided him for not speaking up right away, he did not wish to spoil our enjoyment. Sadly, I doubt that he can be convinced to join us for dinner at RC again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnercyclistDined on 7/23/2014My parents, sister, and I went to Ruth's Chris while they were visiting me from out of town. My steak was quite overcooked, and when I told the server this, he profusely apologized and took it back to get me another one. Not five minutes later, the manager came to our table with a new one, properly cooked (which was delicious). After dinner, the server brought me a complimentary dessert to make up for the mistake. Everyone's meal was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary with first time visit. Food was delicious and the service outstanding - thank you Winsten! Staff provided extra touches making the evening perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House-PikesvilleJamesucDined on 7/18/2014Took a group of six to Ruth's Chris in Pikesville for a night out. The service was very good, as usual. Drinks were refilled quickly, the waiter checked on us to make sure we were okay. The food was good, but wasn't as good as it usually is. The steak plates did not "sizzle" when we received them, and the baked potatoes could have cooked for about another minute or two.Special Features:
- Enjoyable as alwaysMSFAVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were seated in the lounge area in a nice booth. Happy hour drinks and meals were very good and priced right. Our server, Kelly, was excellent.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 7/13/2014Good not that great. Did not seem like it was seasoned. Strangely seasoned. The vegetable did not seem fresh. When it was the special of day and cost nine dollars. My drink did not come till my main course arrived.the waiter forgot about it and what it was. The waiter did not explain menu like what is the classic. He only had one other table. The manager did not introduce himself when he came to table and he only came to one table. The one good thing was the dessert which was the bread pudding. The bathroom was clean but that in itself should not be impressive. . Would not recommend this money on this place. They think to highly of themselves cause of the name and have not earned it
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Ruth's Chris is known for their beef. Our experience changed our expectations of excellence to never eat there again. Beef was tough, service was poor, and all that at high cost. I will not be recommending Ruth's Chris to my friends and family.
- Outside dinningCaroleDined on 7/11/2014We love eating on your beautiful patio! This time the service was extra slow.We did eat early and not sure how experienced our wait person is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/10/2014Ate in the bar. Had requested the 2lb lobster promotion in advance with the reservation but were informed when we ordered at 7pm the 2lb lobsters were sold out. Ate in the bar area under the superior care of bartender Mike- always receive excellent/superior service. Highly recommend eating in the bar if Mike is in charge.Special Features:
- Patio diningSummersoffDined on 7/9/2014Great place to eat outside with their new patio dining!!! Great food,too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best happy hourkedsDined on 7/9/2014Great food at a great pruce at happy hour. At in outdoor dining and it is a dining experience that cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar FoodmeatloverDined on 7/8/2014You can't beat the happy hour prices on steak and prime burgers. Staff is great and very friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was wonderful, as always..but I was surprised they charged $2.50 to have my cosmo on the rocks small thing, but it has never happened before...anywhere.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerfriendsdiningDined on 7/2/2014Four of us dined, one of us gluten free. Impressed with a separate menu for gluten free dining, but quickly let down because the menu was not up to date. The waitress had to return to the kitchen to find out about many of the dining options. After the confusion was cleared up, we ordered, the food came (hot, plentiful and delicious). Conversation was easy due to the moderate noise level. This is a place we reserve for special occasions.Special Features:
- CelebrationDined on 6/29/2014I don't even look at the menu---my server,Rose,always knows what's wonderful. She's never been wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pdaugh1Dined on 6/28/2014Everything was wonderful and the service was excellent as well. It was a great night.Special Features: