Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
711 Eastern Avenue
Pier 5, Inner Harbor
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-pier5.com/
- Phone: (410) 230-0033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ivan Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Laine Dyson - 410.230.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first class service from the Number One prime steak house in the world - Ruth's Chris Steak House. At Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5, you'll experience our contemporary decor coupled with distinctive dining traditions that you can only expect at the Number One steak house. At Ruth's Chris Steak House, we take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a great time. So, whether you're looking for a place to unwind after a hectic day at work, planning a romantic dinner for two or that all important business meeting, feel free to laugh out loud and stay awhile and experience our sizzle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5 - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (63)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (25)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- hits and missesopentableuserVIPDined on 11/22/2014Went with my husband for our wedding anniversary. The hostess tossed rose petals on our table, and our server commented accordingly. Very nice! I had the scallops, which were quite overcooked. Incredibly disappointing... The sauce and seasoning were nice, so I suppose they would have been great otherwise. My husband had the steak. Honestly, it was good, but not excellent. We had been about six months prior, and I raved about the steak to anyone who would listen! So in comparison I was surprised. It was not as just not as tender, or flavorful as before. Dessert was a turtle cheesecake. Again, just mediocre. Our server, Brittany, was lovely. My husband and I were torn between two restaurants, and he went with my choice, so I feel a little bad about that. Not sure I'll be rushing back anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A first anniversary treat!Pwkicker97Dined on 11/14/2014We had a gift certificate from our wedding that we decided to save for a special occasion.. What better than our 1 year anniversary. They treated us quite well even adding a lil something extra for the occasion with rose petals on the table. We got a decent bottle of Malvec for about $40 not bad. We then had the scallops appetizer, we each had soup. I had the gumbo and my wife had lobster bisque. Both were good, bisque was nice and creamy and the gumbo had good flavor. Perhaps could've been spicier. For mains I had a cowboy ribeye and she had filets and shrimp. Both were great but of course the ribeye was best. We also had sides of asparagus with Hollandase and sweet potato casserole. It was like dessert during dinner. We were into it :). Then we had the chocolate sin cake with coffee for dessert. All in all, a great meal and a perfect way to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamanthaMDined on 11/10/2014The quality of the food has never disappointed me. I met a business partner from there who was from out of town, so the atmosphere and service and food quality was important to me. I had the lobster bisque, loaded baked potato and bone-in filet. My business partner had the Maryland crabcake and salmon. Everything was delicious and cooked beautifully. Our server took great care of us. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Evening2GourmandsDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I chose to celebrate our dual birthdays with a family dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Our adult son said he had "forgotten how perfection tasted." The excellent meal was only surpassed by the perfect service. T.J., our server, was extremely knowledgeable about food and wine yet his attention to our table was subtle. Our dining ended with Bananas Foster flambeed table-side - a super way to end a super dining experience.Special Features:
- For Beef LoversBaltzhomeDined on 11/8/2014We come here for most of our special occasions. Everything from the valet to dessert is perfect. I say "special occasion" because it'll set you back quite a bit, especially if you opt for a bottle of wine or two. The filet can be cut with a fork if cooked the right way - MRare or less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This was a wonderful way to end a wonderful day! What a great meal and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to them all!!!SteakManDined on 11/8/2014Out of all the local high end restraunts in baltimore Ruth Chris was by far the best. 1st Ruth Chris 2nd Flemings 3rd Morton's 4th Prime rib 5th Stoney RiverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014We went for our anniversary and had a wonderful dinner. Our waiter, Zach, was extremely good. When we made the reservation we noted it was our anniversary. When we sat at our table Zach spread rose pedals on the table. Also, we were given a good customer discount that was very unexpected. We did not know about the discount until the bill came. We assumed it was for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Great FoodShowbiz23VIPDined on 11/2/2014Ruth's Pier 5 is managed very well, consistently good food, prepared to your liking. Allows substitutes based on your diet needs. Service is very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pan fried steakHerbDined on 10/30/2014Great oysters, great service. Crabcake average at best and overpriced. Cocktail sauce best I ever had. Pan fried steak terrible had the filet. No taste and low quality. Had better steak at cheap steakhousesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmmmmm2tootsDined on 10/19/2014We ended up sitting at the bar for dinner so we could watch the football game. Dining room looked elegant! I ordered the oysters for an appetizer and they were briny, cold & delicious. We took advantage of the 3 course menu-$49.99: Strawberry/blue cheese salad, chicken with to die for mashed potatoes & dessert. $59.99 Caesar salad, 11 oz Filet served with classic creamed spinach, dessert. Dessert was an adorable apple cheesecake & a couple of pieces of chocolate almond bark.. All portions were generous! My steak was delicious, but`I didn't know it was going to be served in clarified butter. My own personal taste is to have it unseasoned and just served without any added oil/butter (but that's just me) All in all-I would return!!Special Features:
- Server may have needed a hugOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014Great experience over all. Our main server was a bit stern, gruff, & even intimidating to a few at our table. Maybe he was just having a bad day. The food & the wamth of the rest of the staff made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/14/2014The food is always great, the sizzle makes the meal, and top shelf service. You can never go wrong here. My son and I come pretty regularly and it's always an awesome night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Surprise Engagement DinnerSpecialDined on 10/11/2014This was the night I proposed to my Sweetheart and the night was so SPECIAL!! The Menu I had designed by Ruth Chris Manager Laine Dyson was on point and my fiance' loved it, and the food was phenominal ecspecially the Filet and the Maryland Style Crab Cake, Our waitress Ashley was EXCELLENT and we never had to worry about anything she was on point!!!! The whole experience at Ruth Chris Pier 5 was PHENOMINAL and I'd recommend there restaurant to anyone!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent service as well as a massive wine list, Excellent menu for any tasteSpecial Features:
- Terrific69erVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our meal was great, and love the Banana Crème Pie. Waiter recited specials like he was a robot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty enjoyable experience overallDB25Dined on 10/4/2014Yes, the restaurant food is a tad pricey, but I found the bar to be reasonably priced (wine, etc.). However, I like the fact that food was largely simple and they were able to make modifications for food allergies pretty easily. Overall, I found the food to be delicious. The service was OK, I didn't find it lacking but I also didn't find it exceptional as I expected it to be. The seating and lighting was really nice. Overall, I would return again for another try!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerkdubsDined on 10/3/2014The food was great. However I didn't appreciate being cramped in a small room. The room was all couples but still there was no elbow room, and at $50 a plate I expect to not have to hear the person's conversation next to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains Top NotchDeany4bsDined on 10/3/2014Ruth's Chris never fails to impress. The steaks were perfect. The sides were perfect. The service was outstanding. Yes Ruth's is expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationWeaseDined on 9/27/2014This place never disappoints. Best steakhouse periodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food GREAT ServiceSansan40Dined on 9/25/2014Had a good time. Food was good but the service was even better. Our server Alton was awesome and knew how to anticipate our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy...WillEK82Dined on 9/20/2014We went to Ruth's Chris for our seventh wedding anniversary. We were seated right away and the restaurant had a great appearance. Food came quickly and servers were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeateaterDined on 9/20/2014Too expensive. Presentation of food is lacking, don't like the ala carte menu. When you pay that much for a steak it would be nice to have sides with it without paying extra. A slab of meat served on a cheap looking plate is not very attractive. And the meat was too greasy.Special Features:
- It was just ok in our opinion.....KimCDined on 9/18/2014I've definitely been to Ruth's Chris in multiple states and this one was just ok. The parking was $10 . Everywhere else it's complimentary and you give a tip. Also the food was cool but I wasn't overly impressed. Food portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The staff was friendly and efficient. Steaks were done perfectly and nice and hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had betterMJ123VIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was good except for our steak fries-came to us cold. Brought our salad right away but waited forever for the entrees. Stuck us in some back room that was closed off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special times with my special manablessedcoupleVIPDined on 9/17/2014Once again we dined before taking our seats at Pier Six for Steely Dan. Although we chose to sit outside, our meal came prepared to our table piping hot. It was delicious and so were the 2 vodka on rocks I ordered. The only note I will make is that there were an city ordinance in place for people to smoke 15 feet away from the restaurant. The perimeter of the dining area outside apparently doesn't take that into consideration. We made the best of it and the show made up it too. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlisaalisaDined on 9/13/2014Steak was fabulous, as were the hors doeuvres and sides. Our waiter was both very professional and personable - a tough combo to get just right. His name was Dean - he should be acknowledged by management Large portions - expensive but worth every dollar. Seated right on time in line with our reservation which is rare.Special Features:
- A bit off this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014We've enjoyed the Ruth's Chris Pier 5 several times, but on our most recent visit the experience was hurried and pretty forgettable. The food, as always, was terrific, but the service was mediocre at best. Clearly the restaurant was overwhelmed, as was move of B-more with the Star Spangled celebration, but from the moment we arrived we felt as though we were an afterthought. The waiter, to be fair, had been sourced from another Ruth's Chris that day, apparently in expectation of that night's onslaught of reservations, but it seemed as though there was little in the way of pre-planning that had occured. The restaurant is very nice, but the condition of the men's room that night almost killed my appetite. Don't know that we'll go back.Special Features:
- Ruths Chris regularExpierienceCritic1Dined on 9/12/2014Ruths Chris is a place that myself and my boyfriend regularly dine at. We always request David,he is knowledgeable,friendly and down to earth. For my boyfriends 25th birthday we arrived to rose pedals on the table,compliments of David and the hostesses. So friendly and welcoming! We love Ruths Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place to Eat69erVIPDined on 9/6/2014Ruth Chris is one of our favorite Steakhouses. We got great food, and service.Special Features:
- Very niceJazmineDined on 9/6/2014My boyfriend and I went to celebrate my new job. We got there as the restuarante was opening so it was empty and quiet. This was perfect for a romantic setting. I booked my reservation through Open Table and they seem to save you a seat by the windows every time. Not exactly sure why but we enjoyed it! We got to see the people of the Inner Harbor roaming around on a beautiful day. My boyfriend who isn't a steak fan asked for a recommendation from our server and he is now a steak fan! Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Very Good RestaurantFoodLoverDined on 8/29/2014Ruth Chris was very good; nice, quiet atmosphere of fine dining on the inside and it also had two outside decks. The menu offers a good selection of steak and seafood. If you are in the Inner Harbor area and you wish to have an upscale dining experience, I recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- ConcertLovelyplaceDined on 8/26/2014Always loved Ruth Chris steaks. Never had bad service at any location.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris is Nothing SpecialImaFoodieDined on 8/23/2014The Ruth Chris brand needs a make over. I don't like giving negative reviews, but in this case it is warranted. I know you're not supposed to go to a steakhouse for anything other than steak. I had crab cakes. The crab meat was over whelmed with pepper. I love spicy food, but crab meat has such a delicate flavor it can easily be ruined.The entire meal was just average. Normally, I can get some solace in the bread basket when the food misses the mark. Not in this case. The bread was dry and tasteless. I felt like I was eating paper. Ruth Chris needs to step up its game.Special Features:
- Our Go-To Steak PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This location is our first choice when choosing steak restaurants in Baltimore. The service is always first rate and the food never ever disappoints. Servings are so big that we either skip salad / soup and share two sides or we get salad or soup and share one side. Desserts are fabulous and are big enough to share. The wine list is extensive but the staff is knowledgeable and can make good suggestions.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was a wonderful experience! The main course was excellent. The wait staff was excellent. The desserts were excellent. We really enjoyed the bananas foster being made at our table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014I really enjoy Ruth's Chris. Their food is consistently good. I feel like portions have been shrinking for a few years now, and the bill has been climbing upwards, which is my only complaint. They broil their steaks, and with a smaller steak, it is more difficult to achieve perfection in cooking with this method.Special Features:
- Birthday/AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I enjoyed the service by Reza; as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisapointedAwesomeDined on 8/10/2014Although I gave the food, service and ambience 4 Stars I was really disappointed in the way the patrons were dressed last night and were seated to dine. When I think of Ruth Chris, I think of Class, Charm, and Special Treat. Although last night was not too classy. The Dress Code is right on the front door, and it clearly states no cut off's with fringe (there was) no athletic wear (there was) I even saw one guy come in what looked like cotton pajama pants. Also, shorts and T-shirts. My husband and I went to the Oriole game yesterday but made a point to go home and dress to dine. Maybe Ruth Chris is just no so special anymore. I was really disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.