Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
711 Eastern Avenue
Pier 5, Inner Harbor
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-pier5.com/
- Phone: 4102300033x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ivan Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Laine Dyson - 410.230.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first class service from the Number One prime steak house in the world - Ruth's Chris Steak House. At Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5, you'll experience our contemporary decor coupled with distinctive dining traditions that you can only expect at the Number One steak house. At Ruth's Chris Steak House, we take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a great time. So, whether you're looking for a place to unwind after a hectic day at work, planning a romantic dinner for two or that all important business meeting, feel free to laugh out loud and stay awhile and experience our sizzle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5 - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (62)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (23)scenic view (20)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- ConcertOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014Always loved Ruth Chris steaks. Never had bad service at any location.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris is Nothing SpecialImaFoodieDined on 8/23/2014The Ruth Chris brand needs a make over. I don't like giving negative reviews, but in this case it is warranted. I know you're not supposed to go to a steakhouse for anything other than steak. I had crab cakes. The crab meat was over whelmed with pepper. I love spicy food, but crab meat has such a delicate flavor it can easily be ruined.The entire meal was just average. Normally, I can get some solace in the bread basket when the food misses the mark. Not in this case. The bread was dry and tasteless. I felt like I was eating paper. Ruth Chris needs to step up its game.Special Features:
- Our Go-To Steak PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This location is our first choice when choosing steak restaurants in Baltimore. The service is always first rate and the food never ever disappoints. Servings are so big that we either skip salad / soup and share two sides or we get salad or soup and share one side. Desserts are fabulous and are big enough to share. The wine list is extensive but the staff is knowledgeable and can make good suggestions.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was a wonderful experience! The main course was excellent. The wait staff was excellent. The desserts were excellent. We really enjoyed the bananas foster being made at our table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014I really enjoy Ruth's Chris. Their food is consistently good. I feel like portions have been shrinking for a few years now, and the bill has been climbing upwards, which is my only complaint. They broil their steaks, and with a smaller steak, it is more difficult to achieve perfection in cooking with this method.Special Features:
- Birthday/AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I enjoyed the service by Reza; as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisapointedAwesomeDined on 8/10/2014Although I gave the food, service and ambience 4 Stars I was really disappointed in the way the patrons were dressed last night and were seated to dine. When I think of Ruth Chris, I think of Class, Charm, and Special Treat. Although last night was not too classy. The Dress Code is right on the front door, and it clearly states no cut off's with fringe (there was) no athletic wear (there was) I even saw one guy come in what looked like cotton pajama pants. Also, shorts and T-shirts. My husband and I went to the Oriole game yesterday but made a point to go home and dress to dine. Maybe Ruth Chris is just no so special anymore. I was really disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSmileyDined on 8/10/2014The food & ambience was great. Excellent service. I wil be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014I always enjoy dining at this restaurant I cant wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure ExcellenceAnotherSatisfiedCustomerDined on 8/8/2014My party and I was very impressed w the good options, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKrissyCDined on 8/8/2014Friendly service, excellent wine knowledge and delicious food. You get what you pay for - a class act!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!TowandaDined on 8/8/2014Always a pleasure to taste a new dish during restaurant week. Never disappointed!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week MealPickyEaterDined on 8/6/2014A friend and I went during Restaurant Week - definitely plan to make reservations during that week. The menu was perfect for both of us, and we both completely cleared all of our plates (I generally don't!). Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time.TootieDined on 8/5/2014Went to this location during restaurant week. The food was amazing. Our server Alton was very attentive and friendly. Definitely will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTillmoore2014VIPDined on 8/5/2014The food was awesome and the service was outstanding!!!!! 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014I have been to many Ruth Chris restaurants and have always enjoyed them. I was very surprised by my visit this time. When we entered the restaurant we were promptly greeted and then we were walked out of the main restaurant to an annex or add on to the restaurant. The room was playing loud music and they tried to stick us by the kitchen. Luckily a manager saw we weren't happy and moved us to another table. The food and wine were very good but the loud music and lighting were a disappointment. The server was very good even though he brought out my appetizer and salad at same time. It also took a long time for food to arrive. I probably would not go back to this Ruth Chris because of ambience but will visit others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzieDined on 8/5/2014Went on Restaurant Week....unfortuately the service was very slow. We were seated in the dining hall on the hotel side. We didn't care for it because it was loud (babies crying) and did not have a romantic feel. The food was good and the waitress was doing the best she could.Special Features:
- It Was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014The Chef on Hand Donnell Anderson was absolutely wonderful his cuisine will make me a repeat customer!!!!!Special Features:
- AhartDined on 8/2/2014Very slow service, food was great but very long dinner due to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/2/2014What's with the small plates that the entrees are served on? I realize this is what Ruth's Chris does, but you can't even cut your food on them. Food was so-so. Not spectacular at all. Room was dingy. And we got all of that for a ridiculously whopping price. We are in the industry and dine at a lot of fine dining restaurants and own a few ourselves. Guests in our restaurants would not accept this and therefore not return. We won't.
- always in love!barbDined on 8/2/2014Ruth's Chris pier 5 is the BEST Ruth's Chris there is in Maryland. the waitstaff is awesome! we had Mel, she was perfection! the food is amazing the choices are vast everything is just wonderful we love love love it here!Special Features:
- Food was excellent!YoLlamaDined on 8/1/2014We decided to give Ruth's Chris a try as part of Restaurant Week. We brought our own bottle of wine and had them open it for us. The restaurant menu and full menu had so many options that sounded delicious. We tried the crab stuffed mushrooms in addition to our meals. The petit fillets we ordered were fantastic, and the chocolate cake to finish the meal was wonderful. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Goodkandc2012Dined on 8/1/2014I was a little sad that the menu was different than the one that we have in Memphis. Our waitress was super nice and took great care of us.... We will try the other one in the city before I can say that this will be our little spot :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ravensfanDined on 7/30/2014So Ruth Chris is steakhouse staple. This location is no exception. I took my mom who was in town for medical tests and has had a poor appetite lately out along with several other family members. We were seated promptly at the time of our reservation. The seating is very comfortable (big soft bottom chairs) which was key to my choice of this restaurant given my mom's health issues. The waiter was attentive and capable. The room was too warm which was surprising since it was very nice outside. The food was tasty and my mom ate more than she has in weeks. The wine list is over priced we paid nearly twice for a bottle we drink at a nearby restaurant, a little annoying.
- Awesome Anniversary CelebrationEspressolovrDined on 7/25/2014Totally blew away my expectations of an evening out to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. They recognized us and made a point to acknowledge our special day. Took romantic to a while new level. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you have lots to spendKerrbearDined on 7/24/2014My family went to Ruth's Chris when my stepfather sold his house and we were able to splurge and celebrate. The bill with tip for four people was $500, which we expected. However, we therefore expected it to be perfect. And it was a VERY nice experience... but my rare steak arrived medium, my mom's medium steak was rare, and the waiter swapped two other steaks so both guys technically got the wrong food also. What we did get was delicious, and the waiter was very attentive. My boyfriend got the multi-course special and they kept forgetting to bring his food. They fixed the mistakes and gave us free dessert. Was it perfect? No. Worth $500? Maybe. A really delicious and overall nice meal? Definitely.Special Features:
- Great serviceRed23wolfDined on 7/20/2014Great atmosphere. Our waiter Dean was fantastic! Very knowledgeable and very attentive to what we wanted. Dean made the Best Bananas Foster's we have ever had. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Occassion DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Jamee was an excellent and personable server who made us feel very welcomed and made my boyfriend's birthday extra special. The food was impeccable and the flavors amazing. Fantastic experience in every way. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Buchanan Birthday DinnergreatnightDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated our daughter's birthday with a dinner at Ruth Chris. Everything about it was perfect - food, service, accommodations, location and scenic views. We had a wonderful evening and the service could not have been better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarydbeilDined on 7/18/2014The staff was great. However, my wife's steak was over done and they put us in a table right below the air condioning. I was disapointed for the money and for the occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful69erVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our whole experience at Ruth Chris was wonderful, from the waiter to the food. My husband and I love the Banana Cream Pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceAshleeDined on 6/28/2014My family and I took my daughter for dinner at Ruth's Chris for a farewell dinner before a long trip. The food was excellent as usual. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and the wine list. He was friendly and personable and paid extra attention to the guest of honor and her friend, making the girls feel extra special. Every time, we eat at Ruth Chris's, we have an awesome and enjoyable time. It is definitely worth the 45 minute drive from our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic OutingmiamyaDined on 6/15/2014My experience at Ruth 's Chris Steak House was outstanding. The food was delicious and our waiter Brian was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PretzelinCecilCoDined on 6/14/2014his was not our first visit to your restaurant there at the Inner Harbor. We are returning customers because of the good food and great wait staff. Brian was our waiter when we were there celebrating an anniversary back in 2010 (or 2011?) and he remembered us last Saturday. Jamee was also very good to us!!!!Special Features:
- Always good, All the timeNMACVIPDined on 6/10/2014I make sure to visit this restaurant every time I am in Baltimore. Amazing food, as is expected from Ruth's Chris. Service is impeccable. I just love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealgreateatsDined on 6/10/2014Nothing compares to a the sizzling steak from Ruth's. An outstanding meal and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Another location. Still my favoritect6772Dined on 6/7/2014I have always enjoyed Ruths Chris Restaurant. Being from Ct. I have only eaten at the one in state. The Baltimore location was conveniently located in the hotel I was staying in so if it wasnt already an easy choice that sealed the deal. We received the experience I would expect from Ruths Chris. Our waitress was excellent and knowledgeable. Our food came out in just the right amount of time and was prepared perfectly. One of the other things I like about Ruth's Chris is the rotating martini list. I get to try something different almost every time I go. This time did not disappoint. If you are in the area and are looking for an excellent meal in a, quiet intimate location, this is for you.Special Features:
- Excellent service, great foodRobertWVIPDined on 6/7/2014We really love the sizzling hot plates. Service is always outstanding, salads and seafood top notch. You will enjoy this location near the water, convenient to all downtown hotelsSpecial Features:
- Would Not Go Back0000Dined on 6/1/2014This is now at the bottom of my list for Steak Houses in Baltimore. Service and Ambience much better at Capital Grill.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Went here for our 1 year anniversary and it was fabulous! Brittany was our server and she was awesome! We even got a free dessert to celebrate. The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.