Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia
260 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisphilly.com/
- Phone: 2157901515x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Open at 5 PM / Lounge at 4:30
Saturday - Sunday: Open at 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Looking for a place to hold a private luncheon? You've found it! We are available for parties of 25 or more between the hours of 11:30am and 3pm.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia
This world renowned prime steakhouse is conveniently located on Broad Street in the heart of Center City. Known for serving only the finest USDA prime beef & the highest quality seafood, Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (20)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Family DinnerEatzgoodDined on 8/22/2014Perfect steak, attentive service, great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePantheranubisDined on 8/22/2014Celebrated my brothers' 50th birthday there and the wait staff didn't cut a single corner making sure his birthday was amazing! Great food and wonderful staff and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, patient staffAliceDined on 8/9/2014My group of five included a 2-year-old, and very much appreciated the staff's special attention to her and patience with her occasional hyperactivity. The food was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- fitfor1kingVIPDined on 8/2/2014When you do not enjoy your dinner every thing else doesn' t matter. Porterhouse steak. Was not good!!! Go to RC. Often. But. Will probably not go back. But not for a while.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I love Ruth Chris Steak.... The steak is well worth the price and the atmosphere is fabulous for a romantic evening or early evening dine for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy birthday memoryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Visited on Wednesday after the theatre rush and had a wonderful time. Full attention of the staff. Food was cooked perfectly and very tasty. Noise level was way down with only a few table seated and some people at the bar. We were there for a birthday celebration and all of the staff we interacted with were very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencepaintmanbillVIPDined on 7/12/2014Sat in the bar area. It was great. The food is awesome. The drinks were made great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- handelhousDined on 7/4/2014Wonderful meal. All 6 of us thoroughly enjoyed it,Special Features:
- An enjoyable dinnerJohnrockDined on 6/20/2014Ruth's Chris is always our choice when we are in the city and looking for a good meal and outstanding service. I had the pleasure of dining on a 16 ounce bone in filet which was cooked to perfection and the taste was superb. The meal is always pricey so I expect the best and RC does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sizzling SteakRoxanne26Dined on 6/15/2014Ruth Chris offers consistently excellent food. The steaks are mouth watering delicious. It is our favorite steakhouse. Your wait staff are friendly and experienced and a pleasure to work with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014Had a fantastic meal at Ruth Chris. Our waitress, Liz, is always fantastic. We always request that she serve us.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal at Ruth's ChrisgemgirlDined on 5/24/2014I hadn't been to Ruth's Chris in many years but dined there at the suggestion of a friend. With the emergence of many other steak restaurants in Philadelphia I always want to try other places. I found the drinks, sides and Chilean Sea Bass to be outstanding but my friend's filet was disappointing. It was very quiet as it was a holiday weekend so we had plenty of attention. Would I return? Not sure if I would rush back, but I wouldn't right it off eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for business meetingsMichaelVIPDined on 5/14/2014Business dinner meeting for 5 came off without a hitch. Excellent food - attentive service.
- off night in the kitchen?eatoutalotVIPDined on 5/10/20148:30 on a Saturday night and they were already out of double cut lamb chops, which 3 out of 6 people ordered. Offered us an alternative, and for our inconvenience, free dessert as well. Except they were out of a main dessert that 3 out of 6 ordered as well. Steaks were not "sizzling" on the plate as usual. Sides were just ok. Overheard table next to us never even got their appetizers. Ruth's Chris is better than this. This is our first "not so great" experience. Kitchen needs to get their act together though.
- The following 1069 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Anniversary Dinnerbsiravo1Dined on 4/26/2014My husband and I just celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary, when we arrived there were red rose petals all over the table which was was really sweet. Also one of the managers came over and made a rose out of of a dinner napkin.... They definitely can pull of a romantic evening if your looking to impress your significant other just make them aware when you make the reservation!Special Features:
- Ruth Chris RestaurantMikeWizDined on 4/11/2014Great Food. Outstanding time we had. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay....JacquieD55Dined on 4/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner, but 4 of us were seated in the bar area at a table only big enough for 3. We asked but we're not offered a seat in the dining room which was irritating. It was typical RC 's, good, but nothing special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinernornor2Dined on 4/10/2014Service was great and were right on time for a before theater performance. Also enjoyed a window table to view happenings on Broad Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceruthmalloyDined on 4/9/2014Not only was the food delicious and plentiful, they even held our leftovers for us as we were going to a play down the street. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occassionburbvisitorsDined on 4/9/2014Had a wonderful experience celebrating our anniversary. Service was wonderful with Steve and Sal having just the right amount of attentiveness. Did not feel rushed but still got out in time for a show. Rib eye and petite filet were great. It was all we could have hoped for. The rose petals on the table were a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standing the test of timeIsaac25Dined on 4/6/2014Me and the wife went here for the first time in a few years. It has not lost a beat. Each of us got the filet, which was perfectly cooked. Also got the gumbo, which had a nice spice added to it. Only downside: my wife wanted a t-bone, which they did not have available. However, they provided free appetizers to compensate. Overall, this remains my wife's favorite steakhouse and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHereForTheTangoDined on 4/5/2014The sizzling hot plate that the steak comes out on really makes it. You can order your steak just a little rarer than usual because of the hot plate. It's awesome.Special Features:
- ServiceFranDined on 4/4/2014Denise and Christina were the best servers we have encounter in a very long time! We had a great time. Would go again when ever we are in the city. Thanks for the special attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerAngelDined on 3/30/2014My husband and I went here to enjoy a quiet Sunday dinner. We started with onion au gratin and new orleans gumbo soups. He liked the onion soup and I liked the gumbo although I thought it needed a little more seasoning. He got the filet with bernaise sauce and I got the salmon. We got a side of sweet potato casserole and green beans. The sweet potato casserole is very sweet but flavorful and green beans were cooked correctly. We both enjoyed our dinners very much. It was early so there were not many other patrons in the restaurant so it was quiet and food came out quickly. We ended the meal with the creme brulee which we shared and finished all of it. Our waitress was tentative during the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a king!scattieDined on 3/30/2014Took my dad here to enjoy the filet classic price fix. Was a wonderful experience! I believe my dad wanted a bucket of the berry fusion martinis to go!Special Features:
- Great food. Waiter seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Great food. Waiter seemed somewhat standoffish but knew his stuff. Its very dark with no windows so we asked to be seated by the bar where there are windowa. We were told that it was reserved but it was empty and remained empty through our entire time there.Special Features:
- Post-matinee dinnerBookCookieDined on 3/16/2014We were very pleased with all aspects of the dinner. The waitstaff was friendly, knowledgeable and, best of all, did not constantly interupt our conversation to ask how we liked everything. The gumbo was a generous portion and deliciously spiced. Even my well-done petit filet was moist and flavorful. The drinks were generous, the broccoli crisp and green, and the creme caramel was the perfect ending to a good meal. The espresso was rich. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous find247foodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014forgot how terrific this restaurant is...from start to finish -- a gem! we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday DinnercCrystalcharmDined on 3/7/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday and decided to dine @ Ruth's Chris in Philadelphia. What a treat! From the greeters at the front door to all the servers, we were made to feel special. The atmosphere was fit for a special occasion dinner. Every dish selected was simply "delicious"! The proportions were plentiful and our server, Steve was very attentive to our needs. The meal was pricey and worth every dollar. I cant wait until our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal!DexterVIPDined on 2/21/2014We both had the bone in filet special and special it was! Service was on point yet not intrusive. Very friendly staff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightKyloveDined on 2/20/2014Me and the fiancé went and we really enjoyed ourselves. Steak was great!! Stuffed lobster with crabmeat was amazing and then the lobster Mac nd chesse was awesome!!!! Then my fav which is creme brûlée, I was in love. And can't wait to go back. Would recommend friends and family to go. Then our server was really nice and made sure we was satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees were just good. Toomdmd409VIPDined on 2/20/2014Entrees were just good. Too many errors made in taking the order and delivering what was ordered. Not a very attentive wait staff despite there being two people assigned to our table of 4. Did not care for their choice of plate size for the entrees. It was difficult to add sides to ones dish with the plate size so small. While these seem petty complaints, for the prices charged there are many better steak houses in town. By better I mean the quality, and taste, of the meats served. For a pre concert, or show, meal it was just OK. A lot of similarly priced restaurants in the area with a better satisfaction at the end of the meal. It just did not click.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualTamaraVIPDined on 2/19/2014We have dined here previously when attending a show in Philadelphia and were once again pleased. The service is excellent and food quality superb. The servers were attentive and timed our meal to ensure that we finished with enough time to get to the show. Even the valet for our car made sure that it was waiting for us in front of the restaurant when the show ended. Will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dream Not!nycgrlpaDined on 2/16/2014I like steak. I have never been to a "steakhouse" I thought Ruth's Chris would be a good spot. Dream not. The evening started with a play. I was not impressed with the show. I thought dinner would make it up to my date. Dream not. I was tossed between the ribeye and the filet. I chose the ribeye and the brussel sprouts. The steak was bland and the sprouts undercooked. My date ordered the broccoli au gratin came out 10-15 minutes after her salmon. I like dining out to eat a meal I can not create at home. I was truly disappointed. There was nothing I could not re-create and do better. The server was apologetic during the service. Dessert was free. Ifnot for that we would have left the restaurant hungry.
- Phiily's Ruth's ChrisAmazingDined on 2/15/2014From the moment we walked in the staff was attentive and friendly. We went in that day with 2 minors at our table, but the waiter never treated them like kids but as young adults. The young men really appreciated that. As always the food AMAZING and consistent. Which is why we always go into a Ruth's Chris in what ever city we are in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakBillDined on 2/15/2014We found the room where we ate to be a little on the messy side with multiple dirty tissues and obvious food crumbs on the floor. Also, our initial table rocked about 6 inches up and down on either side. After an attempt to remedy the situation with a napkin, we moved to the table next to ours. These our somewhat minor issues, but the steak is 50 bucks so I would expect nothing but the best dining conditions. The service was solid, especially the waiter's assistant (don't remember his name). The steak was amazing as always. The remainder of the food was good.
- WonderfulKg12389Dined on 2/14/2014This place and its good was amazing. While it is a little pricey, it was worth it. I got the ribeye streak which I highly recommend. It was tender and juicy. Best ribeye I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steak!GeorgeDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed steak and lobster and were completely satisfied! Side dishes, salads and desserts are delicious too.Special Features:
- Great dinner!GoodstuffDined on 2/8/2014From the bartenders to the server to the server assistant, they made it a great birthday dinner for my wife! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding As UsualMAGGIEVIPDined on 2/8/2014Ruth's Chris on Broad Street is always one of our favorite Philly restaurants. The steak is always perfectly cooked, service is gracious without being intrusive and Dave and Christine make the best Makers' Mark old-fashions in town. What more could you ask for? Just go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.