Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia
260 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisphilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 790-1515
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Open at 5 PM / Lounge at 4:30
Saturday - Sunday: Open at 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Looking for a place to hold a private luncheon? You've found it! We are available for parties of 25 or more between the hours of 11:30am and 3pm.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia
This world renowned prime steakhouse is conveniently located on Broad Street in the heart of Center City. Known for serving only the finest USDA prime beef & the highest quality seafood, Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (43)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Something New! Ruth Chris Choice -people7000VIPDined on 11/13/2014We always enjoy the service and the food. The Ruth's Chris Choice is a nice menu addition. It offers you a choice of several salads, entrees and desert for a price in the mid-forties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagooVIPDined on 11/10/2014a lot of footballers that night. food has always been consistently good especially for this non meat eater. service was very good.Special Features:
- TastyNickDined on 11/8/2014I would definitely recommend this steak house. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. I would still place vic and anthony's steak as number 1 but this is definitely a close 2nd.Special Features:
- DisappointedJamieKDined on 11/7/2014I chose to celebrate my birthday here because I craved a great steak dinner and get steak seldom. Kudos to the restaurant for acknowledging my birthday (red ribbon in table, birthday card and photo), and to an excellent server! However very disappointed in the food. Salads and appetizers were very good, but nothing remarkable, but main course was a HUGE let down. Ordered the 16 oz Ribeye, rare, anticipating some delicious leftovers. A proper steakhouse should know how to cook a cut like this properly but, instead of a nicely charred outside with some crispy fat (which gives the flavor), the outside was grey and unappealing and there was so much pepper, I couldn't even taste the steak flavor. Spent a fortune and VERY disappointed.
- terrific foodteddyDined on 11/2/2014There was three in our party, everyone really enjoyed their meal. The sweet potato casserole was delicious....now everyone already knows the steaks are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made the eveningAldo1947VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was well prepared and delicious. Our server was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Reliable Steakhouse on south BroadPhillyByChoiceVIPDined on 10/23/2014Given the proximity of so many theaters in and around south Broad Street, it's good to have a reliable steakhouse in the neighborhood for pre-performance dining. The tomato & mozzarella salad was nothing special at our recent outing but the lollipop lamb chops, offered as an appetizer but our party ordered as a main course, were delicious. The obligatory order of a giant slab of beef was fine but the sauteed mushrooms were bland. Nonetheless, we return to Ruth's Chris regularly before concerts and plays - the fare is reliable and tasty once you learn the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But ExpensiveHuskerDined on 10/6/2014It's been a while since I've been to Ruth's Chris. Good steaks, well prepared. I've had same quality steak at lower prices elsewhere, however. Wine selection, while good, is also pricey. Not your "let's grab a bite" type of restaurant - special occasions only.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAcm5255VIPDined on 10/4/2014We went here to celebrate our anniversary and everyone made it special. The food was good and the service was great. I would definitely recommend it for any special occasion you may have or just a nice treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was mehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014The Brussels sprouts I ordered were burnt and the ribeye steak wasn't seasoned well.Special Features:
- MagooVIPDined on 9/29/2014Food is consistently very good as is the service. Convenient to the Kimmel Center. They can get you in and out in a timely fashion.Special Features:
- When you're in the mood .......bigfoot2519VIPDined on 9/27/2014my wife likes her filet charred & med rare but seems to be beyond their capabilities. Spinach w/cheese outstanding. A man at the next table got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend which made it a magical eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as AlwaysMegsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Perfectly cooked steak, spectacularly shaken cocktails, five star service and a comfortable booth. Need I say more? We'll be back soon. Can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris has classStacyleebeeVIPDined on 9/24/2014Very classy. As always Ruth Chris in Philadelphia was excellent the service was very professional from the waiters the the bus boy to the valet. The hostess and manager was very kind as well. The good was excellent as always!! Thanks you for a great night. I was dining with a work friend would had never been to a Ruth Chris and he left very pleased as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceLuLuDined on 9/19/2014The food for the most part was great except the mashed potatoes but our server offered us a different side. I would dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 3-Star EveningTaylorDined on 9/19/2014I had only been to Ruth's Chris one other time--in Maui--and I was excited for my return trip (this time, in Philly). Unfortunately, I was left disappointed. Perhaps the decline in quality was due to it being Restaurant Week, but the steak was far from memorable, the potatoes below average, and the creme brulee lacking its signature hard shell on top. Another member of my party found a "Made in China" sticker on her steak (yes, you read that correctly), but it wasn't a huge deal, other than the mystery of how something like that happens. The only redeeming quality was the service. Our server was excellent and the staff very attentive. Perhaps I will give it another try when it isn't Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- At least go oncerocki98Dined on 9/18/2014My husband and I have had every intention of getting to Ruth Chris for the last decade finally on restaurant week we found the time and we're not disappointed. The food was excellent service was perfect without being overbearing and the seat was perfect to watch the avenue of the arts weekday night action. I will definitely go back and with a reasonable happy hour it may be more then once.Special Features:
- Great Steak. PeriodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014I had recently been to Ruth's Chris Steak house while traveling and it was fantastic. Restaurant Week was around the corner and I wanted to take my wife to the one in Philadelphia. Some restaurants really water down their menus for Rest. Week, but not Ruth Chris'. The petite filet was still a nice size, the sides we're an appropriate portion and the dessert was great, we tried both. $35 for all that and salad was a steal. If your objective is a great steak and a high quality meal, this is as safe of a bet as you'll get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedRoni5201Dined on 9/17/2014I am a Ruth Chris customer, not only during Restaurant Week. For the first time ever I was disappointed. First there was a mix-up with our reservation, so we had to wait. The Hostess's seemed to not be on the same page so they were bickering back and forth in front of customers. Once we were seated, our drinks were ordered and served. Best Cosmo I have had in a long time. None of our food was hot when it was served. I think they were a little overwhelmed with the additional customers due to restaurant week.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Ruth Chris Resturant is delightful not only because food but because of the great location and easy access to parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak I ever hadPhillyDivaDined on 9/14/2014We went during Restaurant Week, two of us had the steak and two had the pork chops the service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I came during restaurant week and was very pleased with the menu and the service..had a very nice dinner with my friends..food was very good..not complaints at all from our table..just one slight concern was the light..a little to dark I had to use my light on my cell phone to read the menu..but other than that we had a very nice timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyLollipopLambChopsDined on 9/13/2014We received great patience from our server Denise. She came to the table 4 times in an hour before we even ordered. Every experience is pleasant and I can come to the Philly one without getting the lollipop lamb chops appetizer.Special Features:
- MyDelps5466Dined on 9/12/2014Over priced Too much butter on the steak which takes away from the flavor of the steak.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationZackNJDined on 9/11/2014This was an amazing stay. The server and all the food runners continuously praised my friend and said happy birthday. They were all very courteous and the pork chop with roasted apples was amazing.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We went for restaurant week and we had a wonderful time!! The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu, the staff was very friendly and the manager even stopped over to check on our meal! They were turning tables like crazy which is usually distracting, but they kept the noise level down and the transition was very smooth. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family?Special Features:
- lroarizDined on 9/11/2014A group of us met here for dinner during restaurant week. The food was very good. Caesar salad well crispy and very tasty. The filet mignon was prepared as ordered and was tender and juicy. Dessert was a little disappointing - the chocolate mousse was not very creamy. Ala in all, though, an very good meal.Special Features:
- Perfect Romantic SpotMixtoMeDined on 9/10/2014Loved everything. Hadn't been there in a while...forgot what a great place it is. I'll definitely go back real soon.Special Features:
- great serviceRestaurantWeekLoverDined on 9/10/2014I tried different restaurants during restaurant week to see if they are really worth the ridiculous amount of money they charge for steak and mac and cheese. The service was great and the food was mediocre. I would go back if they lower their price. But overall it was okay. had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Success!!!phillyfaveDined on 9/9/2014We had a great time enjoying dinner here during Restaurant Week!! Every year we go out for restaurant week and sometimes we go more than once that week to experience as many new restaurants as possible. Believe it or not, some restaurants treat you poorly during this time since the menu is discounted. However Ruth's Chris offered top notch service from the hostess to the waitress and everyone in between. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was great and we had a wonderful experience. Lastly, we were celebrating my husband's birthday and the restaurant had a card on the table for his birthday, a red sash and everyone that stopped by our table wished him a happy birthday- even the chef!! They took a picture of us and framed it as well!!Special Features:
- Not just for steakStarvingartistVIPDined on 9/9/2014Since I'm not a big fan of steak I've skipped this place for years but it's been my loss. All the other dishes we had were excellent. The pork chops were terrific as was the salmon . And the creamed spinach and mushrooms were among the best we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old FavoriteTbelleDined on 9/9/2014I am so glad that Ruth's Chris was on "the list"....seeing this restaurant participate in Restaurant Week prompted me to make reservations in an instant...this gave me the opportunity to revisit an old favorite that always delivers top notch service and A+ food & drink....the restaurant is a winner with this diner who plans to return because of its consistentcy - it's a staple in my list of places to go in the city! Thank you Open Table for reminding me of this special gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!!ConwellbDined on 9/7/2014Everything was amazing. I have been several times and each time is better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FineDateNightReviewerVIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I dined at Ruth Chris over the weekend. I looked online to see reviews and dress code and was expecting an upscale experience. While I wouldn't call this a fine dining experience, I would say that it was better than average. It was pricier and a bit tastier than a run of the mill steakhouse. It wasn't great for "date night", as it was a little on the noisy side, seating was very close to others and there was not a lot of privacy for quiet conversation. As for the food, it was fine. I can't say that we were "wowed" by anything, but we weren't unhappy with anything either. My husband had the ribeye and gumbo. I had the lobster bisque and a wedge. In all honesty, Morton's is my favorite steakhouse"chain" and it still is.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner..just ok!dinnerfor2Dined on 9/2/2014The service was outstanding & the entire staff we very welcoming. George our waiter was amazing & very attentive! The food was just ok. We enjoyed everything but it all fell a little short for us. We ordered steaks medium, while they were tasty, one steak came out properly prepared & the others med-rare/med-well. Sure we could have sent them back, as the waiter suggested prior to ordering, but that would have meant the majority of the table would not have entrees & we wanted to dine together. For a high end steak house you should be able to get a steak that is perfectly prepared. The birthday girl ordered the banana creme pie, she did not get it because "the custard did not set" Again it all just fell short for our special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Family DinnerEatzgoodDined on 8/22/2014Perfect steak, attentive service, great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePantheranubisDined on 8/22/2014Celebrated my brothers' 50th birthday there and the wait staff didn't cut a single corner making sure his birthday was amazing! Great food and wonderful staff and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, patient staffAliceDined on 8/9/2014My group of five included a 2-year-old, and very much appreciated the staff's special attention to her and patience with her occasional hyperactivity. The food was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- fitfor1kingVIPDined on 8/2/2014When you do not enjoy your dinner every thing else doesn' t matter. Porterhouse steak. Was not good!!! Go to RC. Often. But. Will probably not go back. But not for a while.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I love Ruth Chris Steak.... The steak is well worth the price and the atmosphere is fabulous for a romantic evening or early evening dine for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1078 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Philadelphia reviews archive.