Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena
369 East Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7357/Pasadena
- Phone: 6265838122
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Watanabe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Pasadena, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House Pasadena offers private rooms for groups of 20 or more. Round table room available for groups of 5-9. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Maya Camara 8886419460
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Pasadena, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)romantic (85)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (44)good for groups (43)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Romantic dinning experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant for a special occasion with your significant other or a nice dinner with your girlfriends. Overall, the food was amazing and the drinks were yummy. I highly recommend the pomegranate martini..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodMagnetDined on 8/29/2014Ruth Chris is by far the ultimate in fine dining around the country. Outstanding evening with nice company and very seductive atmosphereSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The steaks were as wonderful as we remembered them. The Lobster Bisque was exquisiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choice.HaroldyDined on 8/24/2014Everything was absolutely delicious from the steaks to the fish to the desserts. Only thing is the lobster mac & cheese left a lot to be desired. More like lobster and cheese topped onto some basic elbow pasta. Would not order it again but everything else tasted great and we will be back again soon.
- Best Ever!Yaya2013Dined on 8/19/2014This visit to celebrate my birthday was the best ever!! Patrick was amazing giving attention to every detail. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Normally great but........loydmanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Probably got sat in the wrong dining room. Service was not what I'm used to at Ruth's Chris, nor was the ambience. Light and kind of loud. The Palm Desert Ruth's Chris puts Pasadena to shame on all fronts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimonsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had requested for a private area in the open table notes section but was denied right on arrival. Too pricey for the service, quality of food was just ok. They need to innovate else there are better alternatives all around for customers to enjoy. Overall, not worth the price.Special Features:
- SurpriseLilyDined on 8/15/2014Surprise...they do have a kids menu. I always knew the food was awesome, but didn't know that the risk of taking my little one would turn out to prove successful thanks to awesome waiter. Gave her coloring page, small bowl of strawberries and a toy cow at the end. Great night! And food...amazing! Favorite steak houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night!MrTravelDined on 8/13/2014We decided to celebrate our anniversary for a night out in Pasadena at Ruth's Chris steak house and everything was perfect. The staff was excellent, the food was great, and we got a booth table as we requested through my Open Table App. on my cell phone. I definitely recommend Ruth's Chris for a romantic night out on the town, our menu's were even personalized with our names and that said Happy Anniversary. First class treatment without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNonnieDined on 8/9/2014Ruth Chris was in no way disappointing! The Dodd was absolutely delicious, service was perfect and waiter was attentive; it was all together a great, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No food for us.MeatEaterDined on 8/6/2014Wednesday night, restaurant half empty, reservations 6:15pm. We waited for an hour and never got more than drinks and bread. When I asked the waiter, he looked like a deer in headlights. I asked him how much longer before we get our corn chowder? He said, let me check. Then instead of coming back with two dishes of corn chowder, he says, it will be just a few minutes. I said bring a manager instead. Manager comes to our table and I said we are leaving because we have not received any food and it's been an hour. Before I let him try to explain I asked him, do you agree that starters should not take an hour to bring out? He said yes, to which I said at least you understand why we are leaving.
- Higher Prices Demand High ExecutionSeaborn7VIPDined on 8/5/2014When you go to any steak house these days it is hard to believe the official BLS numbers on inflation, about 2.5% a year. I remember when a petite fillet at Chris was about $26. Don't think it was much more than a decade ago. Now you pay $40. The issue is the price of grain (for cattle feed) which is rising. Still, this is a problem everywhere and Chris remains a solid steak house choice. Only complaint this night was my filet was way overcooked and the waiter never returned to check. But, it was still a great meal and good experience. Think they have the best creamed spinach around. But instead of slightly over $100 for two, expect closer to $200, including the tip. And higher prices will demand better execution in the future.Special Features:
- Food good/service excellentyntbomVIPDined on 8/3/2014The two of us who ordered steaks, liked them...didn't love them. My mom, though, loved her stuffed chicken which was oozing with cheese. The vegetable sides and fresh bread/butter were probably all of our favorites. Service was oustanding.Special Features:
- SteakDannyDDined on 8/1/2014The flavor of the ribeye was amazing cooked perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidasVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had an excellent dinner made up of an assortment of appetizers and vegetable sides. Even though Ruth's Chris is known as a steak house, the side dishes are done very well and we chose to to go that route. It was a most enjoyable dinner. The service was excellent and we had a wonderful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday Treat!JmesDined on 7/31/2014The place was perfect. The menu was outstanding. Very difficult to choose what to have. My wife does not eat meat, but does do seafood. The scallops were done perfectly and flavorful. I had the filet and shrimp. I don't think I ever had a better filet, and the shrimp was a nice touch. The presentation and service was consistent with a five star restaurant. Although it may seem expensive, you certainly get more than what you pay for at Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food.SilverOrchidDined on 7/30/2014We went on our anniversary. Everyone, even the person who sat us down at our table, was so attentive! Great details of our Anniversary that we will cherish forever. Jaime the bartender was on top of it when it came to our drinks. Patrick and Jose were extraordinary waiters that went above and beyond our needs. To top it off, the food was top notch. I have eaten at several restaurants and the food here was excellent, by far the best I have tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrinaDined on 7/30/2014I booked a reservation for a really good friend of mine and his wife for a really special night out. I made it a point to put in the OpenTable note section that the reservation was for them and not for me. Upon arriving the person who would have normally checked them in without hesitation, gave them a pretty hard time and couldn't understand why they weren't me (the person who made the reservation). My friends were seated for a bit in the waiting area while things were sorted out and when they were brought back up to the desk, apparently the girl finally saw the note. When they were finally seated, the food was bland and service was just okay. Steak was fabulous as always but that was it! :-\ I will continue to go to Beverly Hills instead.
- Pre-Bar Exam dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Our server Patrick was excellent! The food was decent, but we were blown away by the service. The ambience was also nice.Special Features:
- Corporate at its bestVivaDineVIPDined on 7/25/2014DineLA reminds us how good the steaks are here. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Sure coming back!!JustdeeDined on 7/25/2014We have been meaning to try this place on behalf of our friends who go at least once a month. We loved it! Great staff, friendly and attentive. Great food even though we got the dinela menu. Overall great experience to celebrate our 45 months together. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICEMogreen1959Dined on 7/25/2014I treated a friend to this rest. as a gift who'd wanted to go for years. Service and food was excellent. I will return.Special Features:
- Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014After many recommendations to eat here, I finally took the opportunity to try it out with the great deal via Dine LA. As soon as I arrived (15 mins before my reservation time), I was seated immediately. Service was great, I did not need to ask for any refills and everything was brought to my table timely. As for the food, all my friends were right, I was not disappointed. The ribeye and filet were amazing. Can't wait to come back and try some different cuts of steak as well as some new sides. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indulging a carnivore in the familyLadybergVIPDined on 7/24/2014Usually we go for happy hour. The one here is outstanding! Dinner here is special occasion time. The place is impeccable, the service top notch, and the steak is off the charts. Even the sides are nicely presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at Ruth'sJassstarDined on 7/23/2014Went to Ruth's for my anniversary. It was pleasant but our waiter wasn't completely listening. He made two mistakes on our order. He was nice and apologized and eventually got it right. I ordered my steak medium rare. The steak came out on the tough side. Typically, I'm very satisfied with food quality at Ruth's. Thus night I wasn't impressed. Even the mashed potatoes seemed like instant potatoes out of a box. I'm not sure what happened. To top it off, it took an extraordinarily long time for our food to come out. The staff was very nice to our two year old daughter who accompanied us to dinner. Out of the many times we've visited, this was the worst. Always impressed each time before this last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 7/22/2014We came here during dineLA to treat my mom for her birthday and she loved it. The seared ahi tuna was delicious with a kick of wasabi in every bite. The corn chowder was one of the best we've ever had but lobster bisque was a bit disappointing, it left a weird after taste in my mouth. My favorite side was the creamed spinach. We also got the mashed potatoes and mushrooms, too bad there were only 6mushrooms. And lastly the garlic sea bass according to my mom was really good,she finished all of it. And as for the cowboy ribeye, a MUST TRY. It was so juicy, flavorful, it melts in your mouth. Thank you ruth chris steak house, i know i will be going back. Ps thank you shawn for being very attentive and helping us with anything we needed.Special Features:
- Great food and servicemyra2uDined on 7/21/2014Ruth Chris is a favorite of mine. I love the great food and service it provides. The last visit topped them all. Three wonderful entree's were served along side selected wines from Nickel and Nickel Winery they were superb!Special Features:
- 30th Anniversary Dinnersfoster911Dined on 7/20/2014This was my first time at Ruth's Chris. I was looking for a place to take my Best Friend for there 30 Anniversary Dinner. Ruth's Chris made it a special and wonderful evening. Thank you, OpenTable for your recommendation. S. FosterSpecial Features:
- Awesome Customer ServiceClassyFineFilipinaDined on 7/20/2014Jin was our waiter and he was great! What I love about Ruth's Chris, is that they greet you by your name. Well, Jin blew me away when said my last name correctly! My last name is difficult to pronounce but he was on point. I also liked that the manager, Paul, asked to see how our dinning experience was. Very professional. The staff overall was awesome. I wish I remembered their names so I can personally give them a shout-out. I will be definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect event!foodieinsgvDined on 7/19/2014I love Ruths Chris! I usually go for date night with my husband but for this event i arranged dinner for my cousins bachelorette party. I had informed the restaurant that it was a bridal/bachelorette dinner party through opentable and they gave us a room to ourselves. It was absolutely perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LA weekShaunDined on 7/17/2014We came here during the Dine LA restaurant week. So, it's hard to make a reservation on Friday night. The restaurant is over crowded with big loud noise. The food is fantastic! We order a fillet mignon and a ribeye steak with cream spinach and sautéed mushrooms. Cooked perfectly! Few things to complaint, 1st is our waiter accidentally spill my wife's cocktail on our table and the glass become very sticky. 2nd is our waiter is way too busy that he doesn't really have time to clean up the appetizer dishes and wait until our steak is ready by our table. I believe it will be a better service quality when I revisit during normal business days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want a great steak come hereSteakLoverDined on 7/16/2014The menu lists tons of chicken and fish dishes, but I've always ordered the steak. And I've never been disappointed, so I'll probably never sample any of their other offerings. The sweet potato casserole is classified as a "side dish" but it could easily be dessert. I have to get this every time. The summer menu has a few special dishes that offer a nice change of pace too.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris PsadenaCoffeyfanDined on 7/16/2014Food was great. We had the 12 oz ribeye. Cooked to perfection. Only a tad too salty by the last few bites for me. Service was excellent. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingVikileeDined on 7/15/2014Great service from Frank and Pedro; professional, courteous and knowledgeable. The bartender was also superb; best blueberry mojito ever. Actually, the entire staff was friendly and welcoming. The food was quite good, but secondary to the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014This restaurant always serves good steak, any Ruth Chris for that matter. However, my personal experience with this particular location wasn't as grand as the other locations because our waiter, in particular, spent more of his time catering to a larger party of 6 people near us, and as a result, neglected us. We had to keep asking for our water glasses to be filled.Special Features:
- Good food, not amazingMMMMDined on 7/14/2014Steak was cooked to perfection, but the extra hot plates actually caused it to be over-cooked by the time we were halfway done. Cocktails and wine are acceptably-priced. Service was decent, but not on par with the standards you would expect at this price point. Decor is nice - it could have been romantic except for the abundance of casual diners and families.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectPasadenanDined on 7/8/2014If you are looking for a steak, it's as good as it gets. The meal was just lovely. If I'm looking for a criticism, the after dinner coffee was not especially hot. But, that is really reaching for something to whine about. The spinach may be their best kept secret.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing..CindyDined on 7/5/2014Ruth's Chris steak house is absolutely amazing! Our waiter Joaquin did a wonderful job servicing our table. Ruth's Chris steak house has never failed my husband and I especially during our birthdays and anniversary. Having the reservations available through open table makes things soo easy. I would highly recommend Ruth's Chris steak house to anyone with their sizzling 500 degree plates, melting butter, yummy bread, mouthwatering steaks and scrumptious crab cakes!! Yum-My!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DemnevanoVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our steaks came out rather rare although my Wife and I both requested medium well. I don't like sending food back to the kitchen but had too as the steak was far from medium well. When my steak came back some pieces were still too rare and I just could not eat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "A really good one"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014My first visit to this restaurant. Have been a customer of RC for 30 plus years starting in NYC. You all should be very pleased with this unit. It's excellent. The service was unobtrusive and fun and the food was everything you expect it to be. Our waiter Jason and Dominic were tops. I frequent the Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl. store and am a big fan of the "Happy Hour" there as are many other area residents. Ruth's Chris is our go to place for all special occasions. Pasadena included as a must when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.