Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena
369 East Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7357/Pasadena
- Phone: (626) 583-8122
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Watanabe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Pasadena, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House Pasadena offers private rooms for groups of 20 or more. Round table room available for groups of 5-9. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Maya Camara 8886419460
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Pasadena, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)romantic (51)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (28)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great foodSunmanVIPDined on 11/17/2014Food rocked as always. Service was ok. Busser was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris impeccable as always!xoxopriDined on 11/15/2014Impeccable as always. We dined at Ruth's Chris to celebrate a friend's birthday and had a wonderful evening. The food, service, and atmosphere was great, we will be back! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottCVIPDined on 11/15/2014Awesome food, service, and experience. Would eat there every day if I could afford to do so.
- Excellent food and stellar serviceJanethebritDined on 11/9/2014Try the spicy lobster! And, if you don't have a huge appetite, split a steak and 2 sides.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongOpentablefanVIPDined on 11/9/2014Go to steak place in Pasadena. Won't disappoint. Service is always excellent. Not the most special restaurant, but if you need well cooked, seasoned steak, I don't go anywhere else but here. I found everywhere else in Pasadena is inconsistent, sometimes great and sometimes raise your eyebrow. So, before I go on a vegetarian binge, I stop by Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014The food, as always, was outstanding. But, it is too expensive of a restaurant to not have better service. Our server was inattentive. He took a very long time to check on us for dessert. My coffee came well before our shared dessert and there was no refill offered. And, something that I did not notice until the next day but that I feel is odd--my leftover fish was wrapped in tinfoil and placed in a bag as opposed to being placed in a to-go container. It made the left overs messy and difficult to reheat.Special Features:
- Not the best of the chain!DinerBertsDined on 11/1/2014If you go to this Pasadena location, get the filet, but better yet, for the price, skip this one. Salad uninspiring, vegetables are better at home, au gratin potatoes and the rib eye overcooked. Sorry to say not worth the price. Our server was delightful, left a big tip, but regretted spending the money on the food!
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had another excellent dining experience at Ruth's Chris in Pasadena. Service from Carl Allen was top notch. Appetizers, entrees, wine, and desert were all superb. Although we had a reservation, we had to wait quite a while past the time for a table and it was worth the wait. You are never rushed at Ruth's Chris and that is good.Special Features:
- Best steakChicagoholidayDined on 10/31/2014The porterhouse for 2 was the best steak I have had in ages- tender and perfectly cooked. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014We went there to celebrate our 10th anniversary. The service was horrible and the food was not that good. We will never go there again.
- Anniversary dinnerYummmDined on 10/30/2014Service was excellent and lobster mac and cheese was too dry (not cheesy)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything As ExpectedRicheleDined on 10/22/2014Went for our daughter's 21st birthday. Everythig was wonderful from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine ListSchweindel1Dined on 10/22/2014Their wine list is huge but also expensive. I was not very please when they tried to pawn off a 2012 bottle when I ordered a 2010. They were serving the '12 by the glass but since I had drank the 2010 in New Zealand a few months back I specifically wanted the '10. Their response was "Oh, sorry we are out of that" They offered to bring the wine list back but ..No thanks....the 2010 was what I wanted. No credit was offered or given for the error and I genuinely feel that they were hoping that I did not catch the difference.Special Features:
- LuveaterDined on 10/21/2014Went there with my husband for our special occasion,the atmosphere was great and the food as well!!! Had a wonderful night out with Ruth's Chris steak house. And will definitely go there for our next special day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and loved it!!LUCYBELLZOEVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had great service from Frances and Pedro , the food was outstanding and overall experience was GREAT!!Special Features:
- Happy Hour, 1 hour+50 min. waitBandJVIPDined on 10/17/2014Arrived and checked in at 4:50 pm, seated at 6:40 pm. That's a 1 hour and 50 minute wait for a seat in the bar area for Happy Hour. After an hour wait we checked with the receptionist, she had crossed our name off the list. People show up at 4:30, pack the bar and don't move for 2 hours. It's a great deal, $8.00 for drinks and very good appetizers. But don't bother going there on a Friday evening, it's not worth the wait. We checked the regular menu, how about $68.00 for a bone-in filet, or a stuffed chicken breast dinner for $43.95? Too rich for me thank you.
- DINNERDJ4FOODDined on 10/14/2014WAITERS WERE EXCELLENT, VERY FRIENDLY, ATTENTIVE, AND VERY HELPFUL.THE BEST STEAK THERE IS. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT. WELL WORTH THE COST.NESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlainteDined on 10/12/2014As always, we had a delightful dining experience here. There was just a slight error in our order, & that was quickly rectified. The only other thing we would comment on was two babies crying loudly - & this certainly isn't anything that the restaurant can control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experienceJadeDined on 10/11/2014Of all the Ruth's Chris that I've been to, the Pasadena location stands out from the rest, especially the service. The staff was wonderful and very attentive. Food is perfect as always.Special Features:
- Great juicy steak!!greatfoodDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent really enjoyed it and the service was excellent as well overall just a great experience will Dine again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Ruth's Chris Pasadena is by far the best restaurant around! The service and food is 2nd to none. The bone in ribeye is the steak of choice and never disapoints!!Special Features:
- Excellent meal and service!ChasesgamaDined on 10/7/2014Excellent meal and service! Friendly courteous host seated us. Our server was very pleasant and informative of items on the menu we might be interested in. Our meals were outstanding in flavor and presentation! We've enjoyed every Ruth's Chris Restaurant we've had the pleasure of enjoying a meal in.Special Features:
- Always Great Steaks!elaineVIPDined on 10/7/2014This is our 'come to' place for a special occasion! Enjoyed a couple of their prix fixe choices the other night and I got the Scallops and my friend got the Filet/Shrimp combo. BOth delicious. Their creamed spinach is to die for as were the fingerling potatoes in chipotle sauce. And we always request the Chop Salad! SOOOOO good.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencefoodaholicDined on 10/3/2014first time here and won't be the last. perfect birthday celebration for my boyfriend. servers (Vanessa and Domingo) were both very attentive and friendly. always had a smile on their face. they made our experience a memorable one. the food was amazing. it was great from start to finish. we would definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationCeeceeDined on 9/15/2014I had a birthday dinner there. Our server, Karla, was outstanding. She made me feel like it was a special night. The food was delicious and the evening was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiletstanthemanDined on 9/13/2014I had the filet with the bone-in which was a special. That was the first time in my life I had filet served that way. That says a lot about a restaurant, when you can have a truly unique dining experience. It was very good. The waiters were friendly and catering, even to the many children there that evening. It was the One Direction concert at the Rose Bowl. Unfortunately, the filet will be discontinued on Tuesday due to rising costs. I'm glad I got to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinning experience!Luvtwodineout22Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant for a special occasion with your significant other or a nice dinner with your girlfriends. Overall, the food was amazing and the drinks were yummy. I highly recommend the pomegranate martini..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodMagnetDined on 8/29/2014Ruth Chris is by far the ultimate in fine dining around the country. Outstanding evening with nice company and very seductive atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Special OccasionbirthdayDined on 8/27/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House really knows how to make a special occasion special. We were celebrating two birthdays. They personalized the menus with Happy Birthday with the person's name. They gave us an extra free portions and the desserts again were personalized with a candle. Our server was professional and attentive. From the time we walked through the door until we left, everyone went above and beyond to make our evening special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The steaks were as wonderful as we remembered them. The Lobster Bisque was exquisiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choice.HaroldyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Everything was absolutely delicious from the steaks to the fish to the desserts. Only thing is the lobster mac & cheese left a lot to be desired. More like lobster and cheese topped onto some basic elbow pasta. Would not order it again but everything else tasted great and we will be back again soon.
- Best Ever!Yaya2013VIPDined on 8/19/2014This visit to celebrate my birthday was the best ever!! Patrick was amazing giving attention to every detail. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Normally great but........loydmanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Probably got sat in the wrong dining room. Service was not what I'm used to at Ruth's Chris, nor was the ambience. Light and kind of loud. The Palm Desert Ruth's Chris puts Pasadena to shame on all fronts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimonsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had requested for a private area in the open table notes section but was denied right on arrival. Too pricey for the service, quality of food was just ok. They need to innovate else there are better alternatives all around for customers to enjoy. Overall, not worth the price.Special Features:
- SurpriseLilyDined on 8/15/2014Surprise...they do have a kids menu. I always knew the food was awesome, but didn't know that the risk of taking my little one would turn out to prove successful thanks to awesome waiter. Gave her coloring page, small bowl of strawberries and a toy cow at the end. Great night! And food...amazing! Favorite steak houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night!MrTravelDined on 8/13/2014We decided to celebrate our anniversary for a night out in Pasadena at Ruth's Chris steak house and everything was perfect. The staff was excellent, the food was great, and we got a booth table as we requested through my Open Table App. on my cell phone. I definitely recommend Ruth's Chris for a romantic night out on the town, our menu's were even personalized with our names and that said Happy Anniversary. First class treatment without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNonnieDined on 8/9/2014Ruth Chris was in no way disappointing! The Dodd was absolutely delicious, service was perfect and waiter was attentive; it was all together a great, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No food for us.MeatEaterDined on 8/6/2014Wednesday night, restaurant half empty, reservations 6:15pm. We waited for an hour and never got more than drinks and bread. When I asked the waiter, he looked like a deer in headlights. I asked him how much longer before we get our corn chowder? He said, let me check. Then instead of coming back with two dishes of corn chowder, he says, it will be just a few minutes. I said bring a manager instead. Manager comes to our table and I said we are leaving because we have not received any food and it's been an hour. Before I let him try to explain I asked him, do you agree that starters should not take an hour to bring out? He said yes, to which I said at least you understand why we are leaving.
- Higher Prices Demand High ExecutionSeaborn7VIPDined on 8/5/2014When you go to any steak house these days it is hard to believe the official BLS numbers on inflation, about 2.5% a year. I remember when a petite fillet at Chris was about $26. Don't think it was much more than a decade ago. Now you pay $40. The issue is the price of grain (for cattle feed) which is rising. Still, this is a problem everywhere and Chris remains a solid steak house choice. Only complaint this night was my filet was way overcooked and the waiter never returned to check. But, it was still a great meal and good experience. Think they have the best creamed spinach around. But instead of slightly over $100 for two, expect closer to $200, including the tip. And higher prices will demand better execution in the future.Special Features:
- Food good/service excellentyntbomVIPDined on 8/3/2014The two of us who ordered steaks, liked them...didn't love them. My mom, though, loved her stuffed chicken which was oozing with cheese. The vegetable sides and fresh bread/butter were probably all of our favorites. Service was oustanding.Special Features: