Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany
1 Hilton Court
Parsippany, NJ 07054Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3836/Parsippany
- Phone: 9738891400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Shabu-shabu
- Executive Chef: Moises Reyes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Parsippany, NJ - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Parsippany offers 2 private rooms, one seating up 40 guests & the other for parties of 40 minimum.
- Private Party Contact: Crista Grieco 8883310119
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Parsippany, NJ serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany - Best Restaurants in Parsippany ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)notable wine list (16)good for groups (13)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Special dining experienceSLEDDined on 8/31/2014The car show was there and it was somewhat inconvenient to park. Otherwise, a dinner at Ruth Chris is a special experience. Not only is the food and service excellent, simply the smell of the steaks adds to the overall dining experience. We very much enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal.KathyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great meal with great friends. The bbq shrimp is a great start.
- Great MealMbecherVIPDined on 7/21/2014Scheduled a business meeting and both the food and drink were great. The service was a good and the atmosphere worked well for our conversation. Always consistent at Ruth's Chris Steak House!Special Features:
- Fantastic date nightLumpusDined on 7/16/2014Had a great night to celebrate my 1-month-to-go wedding date! The service was terrific, they provided rose petals and a fun dessert - candle in a cheesecake with "Best Wishes" written in chocolate :) The food was fantastic as you would expect any Ruth's Chris Steak House. I do only reserve 5/5 stars for restaurants where I have an out of body experience.Special Features:
- BoomerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food is generally good and yes, you can ask for less or no butter.Special Features:
- Notable as usualHankBDined on 7/9/2014If you like great steak and good service, Ruth's Chris in Parsippany is the place to go, as we do on special occasions. Last week, for my birthday, four of us had an especially marvelous experience - made even more enjoyable by an exceptional server, Andrew. Ruth's Chris knows how to cook steak, and their meat is top quality. The calamari appetizer was excellent, as were the sides and desserts. The complimentary birthday dessert treat was expected, but the terrific quality of that cream tart was a pleasant surprise. The only downside was not getting a hot cup of coffee, even when it was "just brewed." That aside, we will be back for the more important things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerEKC278Dined on 7/8/2014Great meal and service in the middle of a work-related trip.Special Features:
- Steak?FreqFlyr2VIPDined on 7/8/2014What a disappointment. After getting used to Eddie V's, Sullivan's Delmonico's and Pappas in my travel, I wandered into Ruth's Cris expecting the typical steak-house steak. Wrong. Instead, the meat appeared to have been BOILED in butter. Not broiled but BOILED. That's what people did in the 1950's and 1960"s. But today? What a waste of a good cut of beef.
- ExpensiveLove2eatDined on 6/27/20144 of us and the meal came to 405.00 before tip. Food was delicious but 10$ for a side of mashed potatoes that was only enough for one person is a little excessive . Wait staff was great. Ambience was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterXVIPDined on 6/27/2014At Ruth's Chris you know what you are getting - well prepared steaks with good side dishes.Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrisBarbDined on 6/27/2014Food and service excellent. Do not like being seated in last room away from windows especially when tables were available in first two rooms. Next time I make reservation will request to be seated in room with window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably goodLisaDined on 6/27/2014This is a reliable go-to restaurant for special occasions. It's pricey, but many of the appetizers are large enough for a meal paired with one of the salads. The steaks are always terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awful.WillreturnDined on 6/18/2014Our server Josh was awful. Thought he was a comedian, not funny. Rude, arrogant, and just plan bad. Table was not cleared prior to courses entrees came out while appetizer still on table. Josh didn't even know dinner was coming out. Another server had to get our table cleared .He reached across people to pick things up and put things down. Did not check on table but was laughing with friends. Disrespected our hostess by referring to her rudely. Might return but probably not with so may better steak houses around. First time there and very bad first impression .Special Features:
- luvgreatfoodDined on 6/14/2014The food was so delicious and the service was outstanding. I definitely dine here again. My granddaughter enjoyed her steak dinner also. The experience was enjoyed by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 497 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany reviews archive.
- Outstanding steak houseluv2gatherDined on 5/14/2014Ruth's Chris is our favorite steakhouse. We have been to the one in NYC, in Park City Utah and in Parsippany NJ many times. In each case we have thoroughly enjoyed our dinning experience. The wait staff, food and service is always exceptional. We go there for almost all of our special occasions and for other occasions as well. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is a steak lover.Special Features:
- gamey lambOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014Ordered lamb chops. First one not bad, next two extremely fatty. Manager super nice but explained they got a bad order and he'd bring out fresh perfect ones, which he did...but why serve the nasty ones in the first place? I like this Ruth's Chris but for that much money they should get it right the first time.Special Features:
- MisterXVIPDined on 5/11/2014Ruth's Chris is consistent. Good steaks and sides served by a knowledgeable and friendly staff. One of the better top-end chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parsippany NJ 5-10-14RichDined on 5/10/2014Our 5th time to the restaurant. Food was superb as always. seems prices had increased about 10% from last yearSpecial Features:
- Disappointed FoodieRCNJDined on 5/2/2014Understaffed, long wait to get food and food not made as ordered.
- ChairmanOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/28/2014Needed a late night place in a hurry; everything was goodSpecial Features:
- Consistent excellenceEdw123VIPDined on 4/28/2014This Ruth Chris's location consistently delivers a high end dining-out experience and will continue to be on our short list of places to go for family special events.Special Features:
- Very Nice!benton1220VIPDined on 4/20/2014We had dinner here on Easter. I am not a good person to review this restaurant as a vegetarian but I have to say as usual the service and ambience of this restauant were wonderful. My family all said the steak they had was excellent. I had a chopped salad whthout the bacon and egg which was excellent and 3 vegetable sides. I had the apple crisp for dessert which was so delicious but huge I could not finsh. The 2 servers we had did a great job. The ladies in our party each got a beautiful rose for Easter. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dependably goodLisaDined on 4/19/2014Dinners are always great at Ruth's Chris. The service is warm, friendly, and professional. The steaks are always cooked to perfection. Some of the appetizers are plenty big enough for dinner. I had the ravioli app along with a salad and that was more than enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice late dinnermjm814VIPDined on 4/5/2014Very fast service......the best petit filet mignon that I have had in a long time. Cooked exactly as I asked.
- Always A TreatNastyVIPDined on 4/4/2014Wait staff and meal were exceptional. Recommend the steaks...any!Special Features:
- family celebration standbyilikefoodtoomuchVIPDined on 3/30/2014we love to celebrate at Ruth Chris. everyone loves steak. the chopped salad is amazing. and they always make the dessert special for the person of honor. the service is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJeMSVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great experience. Food was very good but our server, Robert, made the evening wonderful. He was very accommodating making it one of the best dining experiences ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- besrDined on 3/28/2014I will start by saying Ruth Chris is my daughter's favorite restaurant. This restaurant is in need of a face lift. It is dark and dingy. Food was typical Ruth Chris but waiters were somewhat rude and inattentive. Will avoid this Ruth Chris and go to one in Princeton.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris fan - not this localedpakDined on 3/28/2014I am a big fan of Ruth's Chris, but I was overall not very pleased with my experience here in Parsippany. First, I thought the maitre d was warm and friendly. My main waiter was not very attendant to keeping glasses full or ensuring our dining experience was acceptable. We were rushed to eat our food to clear our table - on a night that was not busy. Finally, my steak was well-done, with no pink at all, and severely burnt on the outside. Overall displeased.
- Ruth's ChrisFrequentfisheaterDined on 3/23/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner for my future son-in-law. I ordered the chocolate molten cake with a candle for him. It was presented on a square plate with "Happy Birthday" written on the plate in chocolate...just beautiful. When I was presented with the bill, the server told me the birthday dessert was on the house! How nice was that?!!Special Features:
- Big Hit for Birthday DinnerGreatDinnerDined on 3/22/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my brother's birthday. Although I don't like steaks, my brother loves them. Everyone at the table, including me, LOVED the food. The service was wonderful. My brother and his girlfriend were very impressed and had a wonderful time. The dinner was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fillet, fries andJoyeDined on 3/18/2014Excellent fillet, fries and service, as always. This is our favorite Ruth's Chris in NJ. Food is consistently excellent. Waiters are consistently friendly and efficient. It was my birthday and they brought out a beautiful dessert with candle.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise!ShoreguyDined on 3/15/2014We went to dinner here to celebrate my Girlfriends Birthday. We have been to other Ruth Chris but being attached to a Hilton Hotel did not know what to expect. We sat in the smaller back room which was not crowded and noise level quite acceptable for conversation. Service was excellent Wiaiter was attentive and knowledgeable. , Ravioli Osso Buco appetizer was terrific. I had the NY Strip cooked medium. It was a large portion and GF had a very thick Filet cooked medium rare Both cooked perfectly and hot! . We had creamed spinach side and au gratin potatoes that were quite tasty and cooked properly. Wine is pricey, had a nice Pinot Noir ( $ 81) but it was excellent. Crème brulee for desert was a nice finish to a great ( but expensive ) mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Steak onlyfluff71Dined on 3/6/2014Dont make the same mistake I did and order the Salmon which clearly was reheated and pretty gnarly for a nice $40+. The flat-screen tv raffle at a nearby table did little for the ambiance. Ruth Chris charges alot and doesn't always deliver. Ok, the steaks yes, Stick with that.
- Bad experienceMontyDined on 3/4/2014I use to eat here all of the time! The quality of good and service is getting worse. Went for a family birthday party. The steaks had to be sent back not once but twice!! The manager came over to try and make things right! It was too late for that. We even poured our own wine because the service was just not good! No one paying attention. I don't know if I will ever go back!Special Features:
- Everything greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014But the price. Requested table location honored. Service good to very good. Food very good just too much relieance on butter for flavor. Great for special occasion or expense account fare.Special Features:
- The food and service were good.jazzyjoyceDined on 2/26/2014You can always count on a good meal at Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great, the serviceRGLASSVIPDined on 2/22/2014The food was great, the service was great, however, I feel like reservations are no longer honored since the remodeling of the restaurant. I always get the, your table is paying now its going to be 10-15 minutes. It seems like everyone is now sent to the bar before their tables are "read". If I choose to get there early to drink at the bar that is my choice, don't send me to the bar to help defer the costs of your renovations
- deliciousmerlenjDined on 2/21/2014Our group decided to sit in a booth in the bar. Great service...steaks were memorable...sides portions large...wonderful bleu cheese crumble crust served on the side (or crusted on your steak). The lobster mac n cheese was too 'saucy', and the sautéed spinach was way overcooked, however will definitely return when I' m craving a steak. Excellent seafood as well, but mainly regarded as a steakhouse. Fantastic desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the few places I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014One of the few places I have gone where the high price tag is actually worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.