Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany
1 Hilton Court
Parsippany, NJ 07054Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3836/Parsippany
- Phone: (973) 889-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Shabu-shabu
- Executive Chef: Moises Reyes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Parsippany, NJ - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Parsippany offers 2 private rooms, one seating up 40 guests & the other for parties of 40 minimum.
- Private Party Contact: Crista Grieco 8883310119
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Parsippany, NJ serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany - Best Restaurants in Parsippany ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (15)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointmentArnieDined on 11/16/2014I have eaten here at least 10 times previously and I thought this was the best of the Ruth Chris Restaurants. However this time was a mess. We decided to go with the price fixe menu which I never did before. Appitizer, 12 oz steak and desert for $54.00 a great deal since just a steak is normally 42 to 58. Now I know why. First of all we ordered the ribeye medium rare and we get it medium. Tell the waiter they give us new steaks this time rare but that was OK. Now for the big problem the steaks both of them and both times they brought them to us were very fatty and loaded with gristle there is no way this was a prime steak now I know how they can do the price fixe dinner for $54.00. The steak was thin and not as thick as when you order their regular ribeye. If I am going to get a lower quality steak with the price fixe dinner they should let me know. Normally, I order one of their regular steaks and they are always great and no gristle. When I go back (if) I will order from the steak menu no more price fixe for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Restaurant POpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014I love this restaurant. It is one our favorite steak restaurant chains. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably deliciousLisaVIPDined on 11/9/2014Ruth's Chris is consistently good. The service is always professional but also friendly. The steaks are what you go for and they are always perfection. The seafood and fish dishes are too buttery for my taste, but always cooked as ordered. I have yet to have a complaint about Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- One of the Best Ruth's Chris rest.BlockheadVIPDined on 11/8/2014I've been here 3 times and each time has been excellent. Great steak house. Superb waiter.Special Features:
- Always goodAKDLVIPDined on 11/8/2014What's not to like...excellent beef that's perfectly cooked, great sides, good wines by the glass, always reliable.Special Features:
- Not up to usual perfect standardsREMSRMDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I dine at Ruth's Chris at both Parsippany and Atlantic City. This is the very first time that we did not enjoy the filet. It was tough and not as tasty as we have had in the past. I never complAin so I just ate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulNJMimiDined on 11/6/2014We go to Ruth's Chris two or three times a year, usually for a special occasion. Every visit is memorable. The food is reliably good and the service is great. Our waiter, Josh, showed complete attention to detail and was warm & funny. The steaks are cooked the way you wish you could do it at home, but never can. Our kids know how much we like going there so now they give us gift certificates and we never complain. I'm looking forward to going again, soon I hope.Special Features:
- not like it used to beilikefoodtoomuchVIPDined on 11/2/2014we have been Ruth Chris fans for years. our family celebration destination. disappointed with food this time. onion rings greasy. i paid for a cowboy ribeye and got the 16 oz. not as full flavored as before. dessert was tiny. we are used to sharing 1. i hope this is not a harbinger for things to come from Ruth Chris. we need a new place to celebrate.
- Wonderful ExperienceNWNJTravelerDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant gave us a truly wonderful experience from the welcome at the door to the paying of the check. Every encounter that we had with the staff was professional and accommodating yet friendly and personal. Our server, Robert, gave us recommendations from the bar as well as the menu. The food was delicious and as described. We had previously dined at Ruth’s Chris Steak house in other cities, but this was our first experience at the Parsippany location. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed dining at Ruth's Chris. Atmosphere is nice, food is very good, staff is friendly and efficient !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBushkaDined on 10/29/2014Ribeye was cooked as I order & was delicious. Sweet potatoes & creamed spinach were also very good. Finished with ice cream & sorbet. Great meal, excellent service. Expensive meal but knew this going in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantLyndaDined on 10/25/2014Went to Ruth Chris for my birthday, first time there. Had a gift card, so it made the expense reasonable. Very pleasant waiter, got our drinks right away, had to wait a bit to get our water glasses filled. The steaks were perfectly cooked and had a nice flavor. My husband said it was the best rib eye he's ever had. Since I ordered the all inclusive meal, good deal, I also got dessert, chocolate cheesecake and chocolate pecan bark. I didn't care for the bark, and the cheesecake was good, but too rich for my taste. Overall though, a very nice experience.Special Features:
- MisterXVIPDined on 10/24/2014At Ruth's Chris you know what you are getting - top quality steak with very good side dishes (especially the sweet potato souffle) served by a very attentaive and cheerful staff. We have been to the Parsippany Ruth's Chirs many, many times and we always leave looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- ExcellenttlobriVIPDined on 10/15/2014Ruth's Chris has always been very consistent with the food and service. However, this was the first time receiving a sub-par steak. The server played it off, but when the manager came around (which always happens and a reason for the great service typically), we expressed how great everything was except the one steak. He apologized for the steak and actually took it off the bill even after we told him it wouldn't be necessary. My rating would have been 5 stars if it weren't for receiving the steak in the first place and for the way the server handled it. Otherwise, we have been here many times and everything is always fabulous. For as many times as we have dined here, the consistency is pretty exceptional. We'll be back!
- Not badJDChesterVIPDined on 10/11/2014Not the best steakhouse but not the worse either. View not that great as the restaurant in in a hotel and the view I had overlooked the parking lot. 500 degree plate was interesting but continued to cook my steak to too well done. Some side were huge (french fries) but others were small (cream spinach). The pinot noirs by the glass (I tried two - French Burgundy and a California) were weak and warm and should have be served a little more chilled). Overall a 6 out of 10 for me.Special Features:
- Special EventKensReviewDined on 9/28/2014The team at Ruth's Chris did an outstanding job setting up my party of 16 for a great evening.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Manager came over to check on us to see how we enjoyed our meal. George our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great steak & service, room lacksTNNJVIPDined on 9/27/2014Really a well-done (no pun intended) steak house...menu and service are top notch and provide for a great experience. Space is a bit charmless and worth some attention for the price point.
- Ruth's Chris ParsippanyReviewDined on 9/20/2014Food was good, service slow on a Saturday night, very overpriced.Special Features:
- Special dining experienceSLEDDined on 8/31/2014The car show was there and it was somewhat inconvenient to park. Otherwise, a dinner at Ruth Chris is a special experience. Not only is the food and service excellent, simply the smell of the steaks adds to the overall dining experience. We very much enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcmonteVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was our second attempt to have lobster and yet again we were disappointed. Tasted like it was sitting in water for hours. No longer my favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- Nice meal.KathyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great meal with great friends. The bbq shrimp is a great start.
- The following 512 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Parsippany reviews archive.
- Great MealMbecherVIPDined on 7/21/2014Scheduled a business meeting and both the food and drink were great. The service was a good and the atmosphere worked well for our conversation. Always consistent at Ruth's Chris Steak House!Special Features:
- Fantastic date nightLumpusDined on 7/16/2014Had a great night to celebrate my 1-month-to-go wedding date! The service was terrific, they provided rose petals and a fun dessert - candle in a cheesecake with "Best Wishes" written in chocolate :) The food was fantastic as you would expect any Ruth's Chris Steak House. I do only reserve 5/5 stars for restaurants where I have an out of body experience.Special Features:
- BoomerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food is generally good and yes, you can ask for less or no butter.Special Features:
- Notable as usualHankBDined on 7/9/2014If you like great steak and good service, Ruth's Chris in Parsippany is the place to go, as we do on special occasions. Last week, for my birthday, four of us had an especially marvelous experience - made even more enjoyable by an exceptional server, Andrew. Ruth's Chris knows how to cook steak, and their meat is top quality. The calamari appetizer was excellent, as were the sides and desserts. The complimentary birthday dessert treat was expected, but the terrific quality of that cream tart was a pleasant surprise. The only downside was not getting a hot cup of coffee, even when it was "just brewed." That aside, we will be back for the more important things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerEKC278Dined on 7/8/2014Great meal and service in the middle of a work-related trip.Special Features:
- Steak?FreqFlyr2VIPDined on 7/8/2014What a disappointment. After getting used to Eddie V's, Sullivan's Delmonico's and Pappas in my travel, I wandered into Ruth's Cris expecting the typical steak-house steak. Wrong. Instead, the meat appeared to have been BOILED in butter. Not broiled but BOILED. That's what people did in the 1950's and 1960"s. But today? What a waste of a good cut of beef.
- ExpensiveLove2eatDined on 6/27/20144 of us and the meal came to 405.00 before tip. Food was delicious but 10$ for a side of mashed potatoes that was only enough for one person is a little excessive . Wait staff was great. Ambience was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterXVIPDined on 6/27/2014At Ruth's Chris you know what you are getting - well prepared steaks with good side dishes.Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrisBarbDined on 6/27/2014Food and service excellent. Do not like being seated in last room away from windows especially when tables were available in first two rooms. Next time I make reservation will request to be seated in room with window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably goodLisaVIPDined on 6/27/2014This is a reliable go-to restaurant for special occasions. It's pricey, but many of the appetizers are large enough for a meal paired with one of the salads. The steaks are always terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awful.WillreturnDined on 6/18/2014Our server Josh was awful. Thought he was a comedian, not funny. Rude, arrogant, and just plan bad. Table was not cleared prior to courses entrees came out while appetizer still on table. Josh didn't even know dinner was coming out. Another server had to get our table cleared .He reached across people to pick things up and put things down. Did not check on table but was laughing with friends. Disrespected our hostess by referring to her rudely. Might return but probably not with so may better steak houses around. First time there and very bad first impression .Special Features:
- luvgreatfoodDined on 6/14/2014The food was so delicious and the service was outstanding. I definitely dine here again. My granddaughter enjoyed her steak dinner also. The experience was enjoyed by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steak houseluv2gatherDined on 5/14/2014Ruth's Chris is our favorite steakhouse. We have been to the one in NYC, in Park City Utah and in Parsippany NJ many times. In each case we have thoroughly enjoyed our dinning experience. The wait staff, food and service is always exceptional. We go there for almost all of our special occasions and for other occasions as well. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is a steak lover.Special Features:
- gamey lambOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014Ordered lamb chops. First one not bad, next two extremely fatty. Manager super nice but explained they got a bad order and he'd bring out fresh perfect ones, which he did...but why serve the nasty ones in the first place? I like this Ruth's Chris but for that much money they should get it right the first time.Special Features:
- MisterXVIPDined on 5/11/2014Ruth's Chris is consistent. Good steaks and sides served by a knowledgeable and friendly staff. One of the better top-end chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parsippany NJ 5-10-14RichDined on 5/10/2014Our 5th time to the restaurant. Food was superb as always. seems prices had increased about 10% from last yearSpecial Features:
- Disappointed FoodieRCNJDined on 5/2/2014Understaffed, long wait to get food and food not made as ordered.
- ChairmanOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/28/2014Needed a late night place in a hurry; everything was goodSpecial Features: