Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
74740 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3507/Palm-Desert
- Phone: (760) 779-1998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm ; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Hector Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Palm Desert, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Anita Owens-Decuir 7607791998
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Palm Desert, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (39)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (21)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently good!RobertDined on 11/22/2014Ruth's Chris is very consistent at providing a great atmosphere and a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patrick was Outstanding waiter.BrendeVIPDined on 11/21/2014Very enjoyable dining experience due to terrific wIter. Food delicious and consistent as other Ruth Chris we have visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Solid ExperienceAuntBopBopDined on 11/16/2014great steak day in day out. ambience is outdated but the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best shoestring fries in the world!SylsDined on 11/15/2014We always come for my birthday my husband's birthday and our wedding anniversary. Fillet mignon with out the butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful in every waylakeviewdinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014This chain restaurant was terrible. The food is served on hot plates "540 degrees." This is a stupid gimmick which caused my wife's steak, served medium, to continue to cook and as she ate it became well done shoe leather. (And they call themselves a steak restaurant!) My fish was cooked in so much butter it was totally inedible, and I was really hungry. The service is focused on delivering the "Ruth's Chris pitch" but once we ordered they were nonexistent. I wouldn't go back if it was free.
- So so food.ScottyDined on 11/1/2014The real flavors of the dishes were masked in iveruse of buttery sauces and cheese. I enjoyed Morton's and Lawrys much more.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chrisjas1Dined on 10/29/2014This is our family's favorite Ruth's Chris. As always, a great meal and good service.Special Features:
- Good steakGeorgeDined on 10/24/2014Everything was great, service and food. Spur of the moment decision, never been disappointed at Ruth Chris's ( Vegas, Irvine, Thousand Oaks, etc)Special Features:
- The best place place for steakforeveryoungVIPDined on 10/23/2014A favorite or ours. always consistent and always great food, wine and outstanding serviceforSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceLuvfoodDined on 10/20/2014Ambiance is great. service wonderful. Unfortunately, this time the steak is dry.Special Features:
- Overpriced and not that goodBanditVIPDined on 10/11/2014Have had wonderful meals here before. This time the steak was mediocre, the hot plate with the butter all over it overcooked the meat
- Excellent cocktails and foodSuziQVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed excellent service from the staff. Our cocktails were very good, followed by meals that were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greattoddwexDined on 10/5/2014The food and service are always great! We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLizzyVIPDined on 9/25/2014This was our first time at this location-we were frequent Ruth's Chris customers in Illinois...and we were happy to experience the same reliable excellent food and service we have at other RC locations. Brian, our waiter, was attentive without being overbearing. We had the filet and lobster tail 3 course special and it was excellent-perfectly prepared rare plus and the salads and sides and dessert were wonderful. I had mentioned my birthday in the reservations and as we were seated they put birthday sprinkles all over the table which gave the meal a special touch as did the candle and ice cream with the dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodShanDined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating two birthdays. Our waiter Brian was excellent. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. Great food, great service and beautiful desserts with happy birthday written in chocolate. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerronniem1971VIPDined on 9/20/2014Dining at Ruth's Chris is always special, and celebrating our 43rd wedding anniv. was no exception. Our server Danielle is a gem and a delight. She's very personable and we enjoy interacting with her. Service was impeccable as always. We'd never tried the corn chowder before and we both enjoyed it. John had a ribeye done to perfection and my filet mignon w/lobster tail was excellent. Haven't had lobster anywhere for quite awhile and the lobster here was a real treat. Delicious! We enjoyed a very nice anniverary-dessert treat also. thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerElenaDined on 9/20/2014Dinner was awesome, steak and lobster cooked to my expectation, broccoli au gratin is fabulous with sweet potato casserole to follow. Good wine list. This Ruth's is a bit farther than my local OC and Pasadena. I will go here again before eating at the loud Ruth's in Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So over-ratedSkepticalDined on 9/12/2014Second time visiting Ruth's Chris. Service: Slow response, slow serving. Food: Nothing special. Under-cooked meat. Wine list: Not impressedSpecial Features:
- excellent serviceMomzDined on 9/12/2014Our first visit to the Ruth's Chris in Palm Desert, although we have been to others. Jodi was wonderful - very attentive and congenial. We ordered from the Classics menu and the ribeye was OK - not great. Too much gristle, but it was cooked perfectly and tasty. The lobster tail was a bit overcooked and a little chewy. Overall a good meal. Although the restaurant was not yet very busy, we were stuck in a booth by the kitchen. I know somebody has to sit there. Perhaps when I return I'll request a booth away from the kitchen when I make my reservation.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceAnnandDavidDined on 9/9/2014We dined at Ruth ' s Chris with friends (who raved about this restaurant). Now we will rave about it too!!!! You can enjoy the three course menu (extremely reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber) or have a porterhouse fit for a king.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014A perfect evening to celebrate another birthday with friends, fabulous food and fine wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No longer specialJerryDined on 9/4/2014We dined at Ruth's Chris for our wedding anniversary. This restaurant has been our staple for special occasions and has rarely disappointed except for this last visit. We have enjoyed Ruth's Chris not only for it's superb steaks but for its warm personalized service. This seems to have gone the was of commercialization. Even though we had a reservation that stated it was our anniversary and that it was for 2 people, we arrived at our table with 4 places set . The food, while good was no longer special. My filet was just average. the side dishes were also average. For a premium price I expect premium service and this was no longer the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayJanice949VIPDined on 9/3/2014From our server to the food to the wine list, everything was excellent. We enjoyed the 3 course prix fixed dinner @ $55 each and a terrific bottle of wine. Dinner was mostly paced well. It's a pricey dinner but we really enjoyed it! We would return!Special Features:
- erodVIPDined on 8/31/2014We where seated right away, OK table. we waited 15 to 20 min for waiter to take drink order. and another 30 to 40 after cocktails to order. they brought corn chowder instead of lobster bisque, by then we where hungry so my wife kept the chowder and they brought the bisque. they brought the bread after the bisque and salad (strange). we finally received our dinner. it was very good. not bad service but not 5 star service, service more conducive to a french resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris never failsCosmicRaysDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I ate here the weekend we got engaged. The food was excellent then and remains so. The steaks are always prepared as-ordered, though you will want to get your steak on a cold plate or else it will continue to cook after it arrives. They've always been able to accommodate with jalapenos in our potato dishes. Staff is always friendly and they're fast.Special Features:
- Melanie Christmas rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Melanie was amazing. Very friendly and had the perfect timing for when to come check on us. Staff overall was amazing and the food is always top notch. We will be back next time we are in Palm Desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- above averageBossmanDined on 8/29/2014Have to admit, slightly disappointed by the steak. It was very tender, cooked perfectly but didn't care much for the seasoning they normally put on top of it. Expected a little more from the side dishes, Lobster Mac & Cheese, asparagus, very good just not outstanding. After dinner coffee was barely lukewarm. Service was above average, but I've dined at other 5 star restaurants and literally the service was right there every single second you were ready for it. Here we waited on a few different occasions to ask for something, there wasn't even someone helping another table that we could have asked. Not quite the service I expect when I drop almost $250 for a nice dinner for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysKrollsluvruthsDined on 8/27/2014Ruth's is our "go to" restaurant whether it be a special occasion or just because we love the food, service and atmosphere - we don't even have to look at a menu and our favorite server Jeanette even knows our cocktail order without asking - very impressive - GREAT NIGHT OF FINE DINING!!!Special Features:
- Celebration at Ruth'sDennyDined on 8/25/2014From the sparkle on the table to the final cup of espresso, this dinner was a great anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Never Let DownAceHandymanDined on 8/24/2014They closed the Ruths Chris where we live, so we were glad to find one for the first dinner out on our vacation. Great Food and Service as always!!Special Features:
- Special eventsGomojo10VIPDined on 8/20/2014This is the best restaurant in the entire Coachella Valley to celebrate a special event. Everyone in the restaurant is friendly, professional, and enthusiastic about what ever we are celebrating. And you can always count on a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad 40Th Aniversary DinnerKP10Dined on 8/16/2014I had my entre (swordfish) returned twice since it was not up to the standard of Ruth Chris Restaurants. I specifically asked the server if their swordfish was the center cut "filet mignon" type of portion and was told "yes". Both pieces of the swordfish was not the same center cut "filet mignon". As had 3 weeks earlier at the Irvine RC Location. One of the managers at the Palm Desert location, Ray McCann inspected the return two pieces of the swordfish and agreed with me that these entrees do not meet what is advertised nor do they meet the Ruth Chris standards and should never had been served to me. I was stilled charged for my entrée.Can you believe it?
- Relax with FriendsRandyandOliviaDined on 8/9/2014One of our favorite places to eat. fantastic steak and the salmon was out of this world delicious.Special Features:
- RoyaltyMrAndMrsMartinezDined on 8/6/2014Went here during my honeymoon with my husband, and it was incredible! We asked them to do something special, and they put rose petals all over our table and printed special menus for us! They treated us like royalty!! I felt so special! On top of the best service I have ever had, the food is the best I have ever eaten hands down! If you have the opportunity to go, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion restaurantElenaDined on 7/29/2014First time dining at Ruth's Chris was perfect setting for our anniversary - beautifully decorated interior, several dining rooms away from the lively bar area - we were seated in a very quiet area as we requested. Lobster bisque and corn chowder starters were delicious and full servings - two of us had petite filets with prawns - perfectly cooked and seasoned. The other two enjoyed large scallops… Sides were creamed spinach and green beans with roasted garlic - all delicious. Deserts were cheese cake and the best bread pudding with whiskey sauce we've every had. Prices are a bit high but OK for a special occasion out. We will definitely return. Servers were a special treat - friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Another excellent night out!SoozieqzVIPDined on 7/27/2014We were celebrating a friends promotion and wanted to bring them somewhere fabulous that they have never been so Ruth's Chris fit the bill perfectly! We were greeted warmly by everyone from the valet to the manager. Service was superb, as always. We took advantage of the special Ruth's Classic menu which is a fantastic deal for an incredible meal. Filets & Rib Eye's arrived on those sizzling plates, making quite an impression!As anticipated, every bite was delicious. Our friends were truly blown away by the experience and I'm certain we will all be back soon!Special Features:
- The following 655 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert reviews archive.
- ChadDined on 7/19/2014It was very nice, perfect for food and service, romantic also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family weekend Get-a-wayFamilyFirstDined on 7/19/2014My 4yr old, his father and myself got out of the LA hustle and bustle for a quick cheap getaway to Palm desert! We had no real plans besides a nice hotel room poolside and a Family style Saturday night dinner! Ruth's Chris sealed the deal for us and helped us make our getaway a memorable one! Thank you -the SeymoresSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best timeBlastDined on 7/18/2014Had a blast :)))). Would come back in a heart beat-- staff was so much fun- can't wait to get another offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST RATE!OCDINERVIPDined on 7/13/2014Never disappointed with great service and food at Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.