Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
74740 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3507/Palm-Desert
- Phone: 7607791998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm ; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Hector Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Palm Desert, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Anita Owens-Decuir 7607791998
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Palm Desert, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (53)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (36)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Melanie Christmas rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Melanie was amazing. Very friendly and had the perfect timing for when to come check on us. Staff overall was amazing and the food is always top notch. We will be back next time we are in Palm Desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- above averageBossmanDined on 8/29/2014Have to admit, slightly disappointed by the steak. It was very tender, cooked perfectly but didn't care much for the seasoning they normally put on top of it. Expected a little more from the side dishes, Lobster Mac & Cheese, asparagus, very good just not outstanding. After dinner coffee was barely lukewarm. Service was above average, but I've dined at other 5 star restaurants and literally the service was right there every single second you were ready for it. Here we waited on a few different occasions to ask for something, there wasn't even someone helping another table that we could have asked. Not quite the service I expect when I drop almost $250 for a nice dinner for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Ruth's is our "go to" restaurant whether it be a special occasion or just because we love the food, service and atmosphere - we don't even have to look at a menu and our favorite server Jeanette even knows our cocktail order without asking - very impressive - GREAT NIGHT OF FINE DINING!!!Special Features:
- Celebration at Ruth'sDennyDined on 8/25/2014From the sparkle on the table to the final cup of espresso, this dinner was a great anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Never Let DownAceHandymanDined on 8/24/2014They closed the Ruths Chris where we live, so we were glad to find one for the first dinner out on our vacation. Great Food and Service as always!!Special Features:
- Special eventsGomojo10VIPDined on 8/20/2014This is the best restaurant in the entire Coachella Valley to celebrate a special event. Everyone in the restaurant is friendly, professional, and enthusiastic about what ever we are celebrating. And you can always count on a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad 40Th Aniversary DinnerKP10Dined on 8/16/2014I had my entre (swordfish) returned twice since it was not up to the standard of Ruth Chris Restaurants. I specifically asked the server if their swordfish was the center cut "filet mignon" type of portion and was told "yes". Both pieces of the swordfish was not the same center cut "filet mignon". As had 3 weeks earlier at the Irvine RC Location. One of the managers at the Palm Desert location, Ray McCann inspected the return two pieces of the swordfish and agreed with me that these entrees do not meet what is advertised nor do they meet the Ruth Chris standards and should never had been served to me. I was stilled charged for my entrée.Can you believe it?
- Relax with FriendsRandyandOliviaDined on 8/9/2014One of our favorite places to eat. fantastic steak and the salmon was out of this world delicious.Special Features:
- RoyaltyMrAndMrsMartinezDined on 8/6/2014Went here during my honeymoon with my husband, and it was incredible! We asked them to do something special, and they put rose petals all over our table and printed special menus for us! They treated us like royalty!! I felt so special! On top of the best service I have ever had, the food is the best I have ever eaten hands down! If you have the opportunity to go, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion restaurantElenaDined on 7/29/2014First time dining at Ruth's Chris was perfect setting for our anniversary - beautifully decorated interior, several dining rooms away from the lively bar area - we were seated in a very quiet area as we requested. Lobster bisque and corn chowder starters were delicious and full servings - two of us had petite filets with prawns - perfectly cooked and seasoned. The other two enjoyed large scallops… Sides were creamed spinach and green beans with roasted garlic - all delicious. Deserts were cheese cake and the best bread pudding with whiskey sauce we've every had. Prices are a bit high but OK for a special occasion out. We will definitely return. Servers were a special treat - friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Another excellent night out!SoozieqzVIPDined on 7/27/2014We were celebrating a friends promotion and wanted to bring them somewhere fabulous that they have never been so Ruth's Chris fit the bill perfectly! We were greeted warmly by everyone from the valet to the manager. Service was superb, as always. We took advantage of the special Ruth's Classic menu which is a fantastic deal for an incredible meal. Filets & Rib Eye's arrived on those sizzling plates, making quite an impression!As anticipated, every bite was delicious. Our friends were truly blown away by the experience and I'm certain we will all be back soon!Special Features:
- ChadDined on 7/19/2014It was very nice, perfect for food and service, romantic also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family weekend Get-a-wayFamilyFirstDined on 7/19/2014My 4yr old, his father and myself got out of the LA hustle and bustle for a quick cheap getaway to Palm desert! We had no real plans besides a nice hotel room poolside and a Family style Saturday night dinner! Ruth's Chris sealed the deal for us and helped us make our getaway a memorable one! Thank you -the SeymoresSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best timeBlastDined on 7/18/2014Had a blast :)))). Would come back in a heart beat-- staff was so much fun- can't wait to get another offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST RATE!OCDINERVIPDined on 7/13/2014Never disappointed with great service and food at Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualupernikawDined on 7/7/2014Had the Filet and it was excellent as usual. Every time we have been here we have had an excellent experience. Server was knowledgeable, helpful and accommodating with my wife's gluten issues.Special Features:
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food and great service! If you are looking for wonderful food, service and a great night out, try this place, as you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Worse Ruth Chris ExperienceKhumpDined on 7/5/2014Not happy with the Palm Desert Ruth Chris. Customer service is horrible. We never were asked by our waitress if we needed anything else. It took her an hour to check up on us and finally offer us our paid dessert. She went around to other tables and ask quite frequently how they were doing but skipped my table every time. I'm thinking the color of our skin had something to do with it. Even the manager asked everyone around us "everything ok" except my table. Will not ever come back to this particular restaurant again.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualTheDoctorDined on 7/4/2014The food was excellent, as usual. Our waiter Patrick was attentive but not overbearing. Knew the menu well, was able to give helpful advice.Special Features:
- Beyond my expectationsRickDined on 6/28/2014Had a fantastic Porterhouse for two (Really was enough to share with 4 people). From appetizer to dessert (actually no room for dessert) every thing was excellent. Service couldn't be better. Have eaten at the Newport Beach and Las Vegas locations and Palm Desert exceeded both. Lee Ann was very personalble and made sure we were well taken care of. Live locally, definitely will be coming back and requesting Lee Ann as our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsTruejulsVIPDined on 6/25/2014We can count on a wonderful dining experience every time we go to Ruth's Chris. The food itself is always perfect. The service is friendly and professional with the manager of the house always stopping by to check on our comfort and satisfaction. The staff always makes us feel we are special. The bar scene is casual and friendly. Very up beat.Special Features:
- Good food, but that's it.BobeatsDined on 6/22/2014The food was great, as you always find a Ruth's Chris - it's a given, go there and you know what to expect. I have been to many of them over the years and was disappointed by this location. Looks to have been built in 1986 and has had no renovations since - ambiance is terrible, definately not the place to go in Palm Springs for a special occasion! The restaurant was LOUD, so loud in fact that you might as well be dining at the Cheeseckae Factory down the road. You can just about forget having any conversation between a party of two because the tables are packed into this big open room so tightly. Maybe they read their own reviews?.....if so, my advise, close down for 6 months and do a major renovation. It desperately needs it!Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerRestaurantSophisticate14Dined on 6/15/2014The steaks, wine, salads, sides and desserts we had for dinner were all outstanding, as we've grown to expect at Ruth's Chris experiences over the years. However, the lobster tails were unfortunately too salty for our taste. They were too salty before dipping them in the drawn butter. We mentioned this to the manager, who we hope will change this for future customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just keeps getting better!DesertdinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014My family are regular customers at this amazing restaurant. Some may think of not going because it is a chain. Just FYI -We have never been to any Ruth's Chris that holds a candle to this one. The staff are the utmost professionals. Yes, they will remember what you had to drink the last time you were there and what kind of table you prefer. The food, is just nothing short of perfection! We are originally from New York and live in the desert almost 8 years. We have been to RC's probably a hundred times and just the other night we left the restaurant as it was our first time. Raving about the food, the exceptional service and saying that we can't believe that it just keeps getting better. We love you RC's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceTime2EatDined on 6/15/2014The food was outstanding but unfortunately the service wasn't. Had to ask for drink refills twice. I feel as if the waiter didn't pay attention to detail out alone checking on us to see that we were taken care of. Disappointed in the service especially for as pricey as the food was.Special Features:
- Always GoodGranpaDaveDined on 6/14/2014Never have been disappointed by this Chain. No matter where you dine they are all Excellent and all provide Superior Service. This location is my favorite.Special Features:
- Great foodLindaVIPDined on 6/10/2014We can always count on great food and service when we eat at Ruth's Chris. We were celebrating our daughter's birthday and they made it very special.Special Features:
- The best...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014The Palm Desert location has simply the best staff, service, and food of any restaurant in the valley! We can't wait for our next visit...Special Features:
- Perfect datePuma23Dined on 6/6/2014My wife and I went for restaurant week as they have an unbelievable deal. The value for the food is exceptional considering how the kitchen nails it every time with a delicious steak. Service was on point even though at almost 9pm the main dining room was still packed. Kudos to Melissa for being attentive to us all night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!enjoy7Dined on 6/6/2014The table was decorated with birthday cake glitter---so fun! The menu was printed with our birthday guys names! The food and cocktails were outstanding! the service was excellent! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- TerrificTommyMVIPDined on 6/6/2014All very good. Food was terrific . The restaurant week specials were great. Scallops Erie the best EVERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet in the Coachella Valley!PamFDined on 6/6/2014Ruth's Chris is our favorite restaurant for every occasion. They have the best filet mignon in the Coachella Valley. We ask for and get nothing but Ruth's Chris gift cards from our kids at Christmas!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!boo52Dined on 6/5/2014We love, love the food. Always prepared to perfection. It's our "go to" restaurant for special occasions. Never have been disappointed in a Ruth's Chris meal.Special Features:
- HARD TO BEATREDWINELOVERDined on 6/5/2014I have always liked Ruth's place... Everything is first class, service staff, menu selections, and a good wine list, that they don't rip you off on the prices they charge for bottles of wine.... Also they have a great bar menu, and the steak sandwich you cant find any better any where else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and ServicejudyyankVIPDined on 6/5/2014Hadn't been to Ruth's Chris for a while but went because of the great restaurant week menu. The food was all delicious and our servers were pleasant and on-the-ball. Will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner at Ruth's ChrisSylsDined on 6/1/2014Fabulous food, great restaurant week menu, the service was the best!! The bread is so terrific and hot! The scallopos and filet mignon were terrific.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Best steak I have ever had. Hot to the last bite. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!
- Mouth watering steakdesertdinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed fabulous NY steaks, great Caesar salad. Only disappointment was the high cost of the wines. Need a few more wines at a more reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great eveningTruejulsVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food at the Palm Desert Ruths' Chris is always perfect. We really enjoyed the Lobster Mac and Cheese (a new item on the menu for "Restaurant Week" her in the desert. The meat was sublime and as always the perfect temperature. Our family really loves dining here because the food is sooooo good and the service is also very reliable .. the waitstaff is most personable and welcoming in addition to proficient. Good eating.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOut2EatDined on 5/31/2014We went here during restaurant week. We've never eaten at Ruth's Chris before and thought we'd check it out during restaurant week since the price seemed to be right. We were in Rancho Mirage for a retreat and thought we'd celebrate out 22nd anniversary a few days early. Well this place did not disappoint. The service was great, friendly atmosphere and we were treated well. They acknowledged our anniversary at check in because I added a note to the reservation through Open Table. We would definitely go back again when in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.