Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
7501 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3300/Orlando/West-Sand-Lake-Road
- Phone: 4072263900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Orlando, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Rut's Chris - Orlando offers 2 private dining rooms. The Boardroom & the Library each seating from 20 to 45 guests or combined seating up to 90 guests.
- Private Party Contact: David Petrak 8772381641
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Orlando, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (47)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (31)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Kevin was amazing! Our table was set up for my birthday, which was very nice. Kevin went over the menu with us since it was our first time at Ruth Chris, He was very on top of keeping our drinks full. The wine list was good but a little overpriced for the options. I have been to other restaurants with the same wines and they are half the price. The food was amazing but do not think we will be returning unless it's a special occasion due to the price of drinks, the food is worth the price but we are drinkers and like to drink with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiconaRuthChris14Dined on 9/14/2014Very nice restaurant. I was thrown off by the darkness initially but soon got used to it. I went during the magical dining experience but I already plan to go again soon. I will share the experience with friends.Special Features:
- First time dining at Ruth's ChrisFirstimedininghereDined on 9/13/2014***Magical Dining month is what brought me to Ruth's Chris... and I am so happy about it. Ambiance was perfect; Service was Excellent and seafood was delicious (BBQ shrimp-Magical Dining menu and Scallops-Classics menu)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up.WahooManDined on 9/13/2014As always, impeccable service and excellent food. We ordered from the magical dining menu and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food/service but needs refurbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food was just as excellent as I was expecting. The service was top notch. My only gripe is that the place seems to look just like it did 15 years ago, it needs an injection of modern luxury and decor.Special Features:
- Forgot how good the food isPatsDined on 9/12/2014It has been several years since I had the occasion to eat Ruth's Chris i had forgotten how good the food is. The steak sizzling hot and cooked to perfection, the servers we'll trained and interacted well with the guest. Will be a repeat on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceLuvRCDined on 9/12/2014This is my third visit and I can truly say that this restaurant exceeds expectations in all areas. I absolutely love their steaks. I brought home some of my filet mignon for breakfast with eggs the following day. The steak was as tender as the night before. I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated Wedding AnniversaryCoachMacQDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary on Friday at Ruth's Chris. Everything about it was outstanding; especially our server Nia. She went above and beyond. Rose pedals on the table, snapped a picture with their camera & my wife's iPhone and had "Happy Anniversary" etched on the dessert plate with chocolate syrup. It was also quite evident that the serving crew there works as a team. All the fundamentals; never saw bottom of water glass, each course served timely and just plain good customer service. Well done! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Magically delightful!moonfishloverDined on 9/12/2014The service and food was amazing. The steak was served on a 500 degree plate that kept the food warm. The potatoes were the best garlic potatoes I have ever had in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect service, with one catchgfDinendasheDined on 9/10/2014We drove up and saw the free valet parking. However, there was a spot right near the door, so we saved ourselves the 2 bit tip, and walked in. We arrived about 15 minutes early for our reservation, hostesses assured us that the table would be ready in 15 minutes. 30 minutes later we were still waiting, and, after checking with the hostess, she thought we were dining at the bar (we were just sitting there staring at her for 30 minutes). After that, the dinner was perfect. The wait staff was very attentive. We looked around (mainly to see who had just arrived in the stretch limo) and a waiter was at our side in seconds. He assured us that he would let us know if Jon Stewart arrived. Food was excellent. Steaks cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFoodTasyDined on 9/5/2014I had never been to Ruth's Chris, always wanted to go, Magical Dining was the perfect time to experience this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGregDined on 9/3/2014We have been to a Ruth's Chris previously in MD and had an exceptional meal. This was a meal on the Orlando Magical Dining plan, which I thought was to help promote a restaurant to people who wished to try it. My seafood gumbo was served cold and had to be sent back. The filet was small, the portion of creamed spinach which usually is huge was small and also not extremely hot. The dessert was a small as the desserts that Season's 52 sells for $1.99 each. I think Ruth's missed a good chance to impress diners who have never been there before, such as the guests we brought with them. None of us were impressed--service was slow, food had to be sent back to be warmed, and nothing with the meal was impressive. DisappointingSpecial Features:
- Hot platesOurquiettimeDined on 9/1/2014No need for the hot plates. The steaks didn't seam to have much flavor for me but my husband liked his steak. Service was good but not great. You expect perfection for the price.Special Features:
- DelishNOLAgirlDined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful dinner experience at Ruth's Chris Steak House Saturday 8/30 evening. The food was delicious with a nice serving size. Service was perfect. Attentive, but not overbearing. Friendly, but not too familiar. Great all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had date night and it we had great service great ambience and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cindy from New OrleansCindy52Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was as nice as back home, New Orleans, the steak was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a great experience. Our server and the servers assistant were very attentive to us. The free dessert upgrade was very courteous and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did the magical dinning exp.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was a wonderful evening with the wife. We did the orlando magical dinning menu and it was just perfect for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014This was our first choice for Magical Dining this year. The gumbo starter was delish! The 6oz filet was done to perfection. Cheesecake was perfect. Service here is always 5 star and was this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceBells2014Dined on 8/26/2014This restaurant is a very good experience for all families. The steaks are great!Special Features:
- Perfect AnniversaryRomeoAndJulietDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated our 29th anniversary! They welcomed and congratulated us several times and made it special with many touches: rose petals on the table, and a special dessert unexpected and brought to us after dinner! And a keepsake picture of us that they took with their camera and printed out for us. Dinner! - the steaks were the best and cooked to perfection! Everything was delicious! Service was excellent, always there before we needed anything, but not disruptive to the romatantic mood... In short, it was a perfect night!Special Features:
- Lots of ButterVine1234Dined on 8/2/2014The tuna appetizer was amazing (if you like Tuna I would recommend ordering it). The steaks were fine. We both ordered the Filet and one was cooked much more rare than the other. The two side items we ordered were the sautéed spinach and a loaded baked potato. The spinach was laying in a pool of butter (which is fine but I chose the spinach for something healthy). The potato was also resting in a pool of butter. Being 7 months pregnant means I went home very swollen from all the salt. Overall the ambience is nice. Our waiter had 2 other large party tables so he not as visible as I would expect at a higher end restaurant. He did get a lot of help from other servers so we never ran out of water or wine.Special Features:
- We love Ruth Chris!ScottnWendyDined on 7/26/2014Rusty our server was great! The food amazing, love the Crabtini. Ruth Chris has the best Steaks in Orlando.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris is Superb!BabslovestoeatDined on 7/8/2014Great good, excellent service. I would definately go back. My only disappointment is that it is not open for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatspecialniteDined on 7/5/2014Once again great food great time outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Once in a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Great steaks and overall food experience but highly, highly over priced. Service was very impersonable although very thorough. It was like they just wanted to get us out of there as fast as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour!7SaturdaysVIPDined on 6/30/2014There are a few good Happy Hours place with a nice selection of food at Happy Hour and this is one of them. Service is faster than in the restaurant. You can still sit in the bar area, order Happy Hour drinks & regular menu food as well. 5 Stars this time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!LAINDIA55Dined on 6/30/2014I took my boyfriend out for his Birthday Dinner. The staff at Ruth Chris made the event all the more special! Our Waitress Candice was so knowledgeable with the menu items and her suggestions were definitely perfect. From the Vale to the after dinner cocktail............ everything was simply perfect! The Food was delicious cooked exactly like we requested. Dessert was Awesome! Service was Superb! Cocktails are to die for. We will be back soon! Thank you for the awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect salad and steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Very good ingredients and presentation. Chop salad was impressive. Steak was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRegularsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Ruth's on Sandlake has really grown their Happy Hour business and it is always packed in the bar at that time. We came a little later and had dinner tonight. The "Sizzlin' Steaks" were cooked to perfection and the wine was a perfect pairing.Special Features:
- Not as pleased-I'm a regular...7SaturdaysVIPDined on 6/20/2014As a Dr Phillips local & regular, this was a disappointment. I should have said something but didn't since we had a party of 5. My salad was sent back since it had bleu cheese-I wanted goat cheese. They didn't make a fresh one! They added goat cheese to it, so I didn't eat it. Very disappointing for a nicer end restaurant. My normal filet was smaller than normal & charred on the outside. The Au Gratin potatoes were not well done-like we asked. We specified the cheese to be crispy/well done. Maybe a new cook? Its not normal for Ruth Chris to disappoint. I should have said something to the waiter & manager. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always MemorableBrooklynBoyDined on 6/18/2014As always we are never disappointed when we dine at Ruth's Chris. We were celebrating the day we met and the staff made the day even more memorable for us. Our server, Kelvin, was remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proper / attentive service lackingsporthtlDined on 6/11/2014Used plates, beverage glasses not removed in a timely manner. No offer of additional bread / butter. Table top not kept cleaned of misc small items, ie swizzle sticks, sugar packets -- no "crumbing". What happened to the idea of a nice fresh fully iced glass of ice water to replace the luke warm water near the end of dinner? While a hostess (?) did stop by shortly after our entrees were served .. never di have a manager stop by to inquire of food or service satisfaction..?? No one from culinary stopped by to inquire of food taste/quality satisfaction..??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MeatwinedoctorVIPDined on 6/7/2014Ruth's Chris is still in the top two for a great steak. The NY being my favorite. The one just the other night was about two inches thick. Probably the best sautéed spinach I've had in a while. Regarding servers, ask for the one with the Irish accent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014What a delightful dining experience. Starting with our servers who accomodated our requests pleasantly particularly my wife's diet restrictions...none a problem. As always the steaks were prepared perfectly. We enjoyed the entire experience. Ruth's Chris never fails to deliver!
- The Best choice for AnniversaryHappyLizDined on 5/30/2014Alexis our server was very nice, excellent customer service, the food PORTERHOUSE FOR 2 was cooked to perfection. Absolutely scrumptious and we agree that this was the best we ever had. The nice touch petals on table, dim light with candllelight lamp was romantic, if it was noisy the music dampened it. I had made the reservation thru OPEN TABLE and we arrived early and they were able to seat us right away. The dessert was the surprise we had already left no room for, but Alexis insisted and made sure we saw it and it was beautifully presented with the chocolate writing on the plate Happy 15 years anniverssary with a Chocolate almost mouse cake that was heavenly with a large delicious Strawberry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!chelseagirlVIPDined on 5/30/2014Best steakhouse in town Excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 477 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando reviews archive.
- Great Evening with Ruth CrhisGreatFoodrating10Dined on 5/17/2014Could not have asked for more - good food, good service- great atmosphere. Would highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion or just for a good mean in a pleasant place.Special Features:
- DisappointedChrisVIPDined on 5/13/2014Ruth's Chris is my favorite steakhouse; I can usually count on their consistency in great food/service, but I was very disappointed at the Orlando branch. Our waiter forgot our appetizers, which can happen, but then I expect him to show more attention to make up for it. He did comp our dessert, but our refills for tea/water still took a rather significant amount of time. My medium rare steak arrived more medium well. And: I went to the bathroom, and both of the containers for TP were empty. There was thankfully a spare TP roll in that stall, but seeing as how the restaurant opens at 5pm and my reservations were at 6:30pm, I do not see how both TP rolls could be empty unless they just did not make the effort to check on bathrooms daily.
- AnniversaryLoizaDined on 5/11/2014I celebrated my forty second anniversary and wanted to take my wife for lunch to a great place. That's why I decided to go to Ruth's Chris S.H. The whole service was exceptional. We had a very great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.