Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
7501 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3300/Orlando/West-Sand-Lake-Road
- Phone: (407) 226-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Orlando, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Rut's Chris - Orlando offers 2 private dining rooms. The Boardroom & the Library each seating from 20 to 45 guests or combined seating up to 90 guests.
- Private Party Contact: David Petrak 8772381641
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Orlando, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (53)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (33)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Another EXCELLENT Ruth's Chris DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Another excellent meal at Ruth's Chris - Orlando. I have dined at many Ruth's Chris steak houses around the country and they continue to maintain the high quality food and service. I highly recommend the Sand Lake Drive, Orlando Ruth's Chris Steak House...!!!! We will be there for T-Giving dinner as well.... Special note of thanks to our waiter Mr. Kevin Parks - He and his outstanding service crew worked that evening making everything just perfect.... Kudos...!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of attention to detailDJ01Dined on 11/19/2014Party of 4. Frequent diners at locations around the country. When the entrees were delivered not one was prepared as ordered. 3 steaks cooked incorrectly nowhere near the requested doneness. This after being told that "chef is a master with the broiler". When the food was delivered the runner had no idea where each item belonged. So things were passed around the table. It was like $300 worth of food was dropped as fast as possible. Manager was adequate in resolving the issue though once your meal is botched it's difficult to recover and fully enjoy. Treated like we were diseased after the food was redelivered. Waiter literally threw the check onto the table like a drive by assault. The only bright spot was the water boy. Admitting only a week on the job his demeanor and attention to detail was beyond the rest of the wait staff. Overall - 3 out of 10
- Excellent! Amazing experience! Our server Candice.AmusttoDined on 11/15/2014. Strongly recommended this is the restaurant that my wife and I visit for every single special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceSteveDined on 11/15/2014I expected better quality food and better service for the price. The steaks were just ok, but cost over $30. Waited twenty minutes before caught someone's attention to order drinks. The dessert was just ok as well. Have been to other high end steak house and Ruth's was not one that I will return to.
- Food was disappointingCritics2014Dined on 11/8/2014That was my second time ordering the salmon and it was a bit dry. I've had better salmon. I expected it to be tastier and moist. My date ordered the filet and also said it wasn't as tasty as in past visits and has had better. Maybe it was just an "off" nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!IrishRickDined on 11/3/2014First trip to this location. Busy strip center, with several restaurants, but it has valet pkg. Seated immediately for our 7:30 reservation. Excellent waitress: friendly & engaging. Drink orders taken and served quickly. Food was typical for a Ruth's Chris. Prepared as ordered, excellent meats. Sides were done perfectly. Wine list was OK, not great. Wine prices were high (3x retail in some cases), but this is typical for every upscale restaurant I've been to in Florida. Overall, very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, delicious food!DoughyDined on 10/29/2014While vacationing in Florida, we came here for the most delicious dinner of our week in Orlando. Both of our steaks were cooked exactly as ordered, and incredibly tender. We had chipotle fingerling potatoes and steamed spinach as sides, and the trio complemented each other perfectly. Salads were fresh, with wonderful light application of dressing. Service was perfect, nice brief wait between courses that just gave us enough time to appreciate what we'd already eaten before starting in on the next dish. Cappucino with desert was amazingly good, too! Very, very pleased with our dinner here, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TremendousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014This was a fabulous dining experience. I had dinner at the bar. The bartender Taren provided outstanding service along with great recommendations for wine to accompany the delicious ribeye steak dinner. I can expect the same quality food & excellent service at any Ruth's Chris Steak Houses...as I receive at the Boston location, which I visit for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 10/20/2014Fabulous food and service. Everything was outstanding, Ruth's Chris is a very consistent chain. Thanks.Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/20/2014A great consistent place for business with options for all tastes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadchilidanDined on 10/15/2014Service was not what you expect from a pricey restaurant, empty water glasses, etc. Wife's steak was undercooked, as were the lobster tails. The baked potato was way over done. The attitude of the staff made it intimidating to complain, so she just toughed it out. Bottom line is that we would not go back here. This reflects similar experiences I have had at other locations of Ruth's. Bottom line, they need to review the basics of more attentive service (team approach) and food preparation.
- Service needs to be stepped upFoodisfunDined on 10/14/2014While the food is always great at Ruth's Chris attention to detail is just as important. Order accuracy and timing is important. They missed both on our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another RCSH..CharlesDined on 10/13/2014Another excellent dining experience. The service , from the most knowledgeable Rusty , was great. Being known as a steak house we opted to forgo the starters and enjoy the entres , and hopefully try a dessert. The steaks were excellent. Having been to six or more RCSH's in other USA cities this RCSH also of a high quality. Yes I know it might be expensive but you do get what you pay for. Overall I will definitely be going to this RCSH NEXT TIME I AM IN "town".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to try itTammyDined on 10/11/2014We've been wanting to try this place for years and finally got around to it for an anniversary celebration. First of all . . service (Kevin) was excellent - he described the food to make our mouths water and was there when we needed him, but not noticed when we didn't. Food was extremely good - we loved the sizzling hot plates! With so many good steak restaurants in the area, we didn't really find value, but would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDamlakegirlVIPDined on 10/2/2014Had a great meal with phenomenal service! Staff here is very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Filet Minion!ash407Dined on 9/30/2014I ordered from their Magical Dining menu. I had the 6oz filet mignon and mashed potatoes, salad, and mini cheesecake. Everything was excellent. The manager even greeted us at our table which was a nice touch. Regular menu seems pricy, so i'd save this place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bunch !!MiamiangieDined on 9/28/2014Eager to experience Orlando's finest restaurants during the Magical Dining month, Ruths Chris was my first choice. I dined with a group of friends. The experience was outstanding ! Attentive service, flavorful, perfectly cooked food, great atmosphere ! I returned with my family, wanting them to enjoy a similar treat ! Dining at several participating restaurants during the month, Ruths Chris was #1 ! The waiter remembered me, and treated me like an old friend. The manager paid us a friendly visit both times and we had a nice chat, although the restaurant was packed ! My second choice had been the Capitol Grill. Their filets were good, but not as flavorful, the service was efficient - not friendly and the shared desert was disappointing.Special Features:
- WilBbackDined on 9/27/2014It has always been our favorite restaurant to visit. Your meat dishes are to die for. Melt in your mouth. This visit we took our dear friend Linda, for her Birthday, and it was fabulous as usual. Waiter was attentive, wine list was great, the food always comes out hot. I could taste the creamed spinach now at 9am in the morning. Just great!Special Features:
- Skip the main mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience began with two appetizers, stuffed mushrooms and calamari....clearly the best we have ever experienced. After the delicious bread and salad, we had little room for the steak, which was just average. We will go back for the appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!21againDined on 9/27/2014Our Server Kenny wa amazing, we have dined before and he remembers our favorite things, it made our Daughters 21st birthday memorable! The steak was cooked perfectly and the Spinach...oh the spinach...number one vegetable in our home because of this recipe ! The Blue cheese dressing is homeade and flavorful, the Calamri is always cooked well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go there for Magical DinningElleDined on 9/26/2014we made a reservation for magical dinning, first the server tried to convince us to go with regular menu, when we said no the level of service changed, she was serving next two tables and compare to them we didn't receive the same level of service! as soon as we sat down she said she would be back with a basket of bread which we never got! food was great though.
- Magical DiningSuebeeDined on 9/25/2014The magical dining was a smaller portion but the same quality that you would expect. Sides were not extra like some other restaurants. Very good experience.Special Features:
- Best steak I ever hadSister5Dined on 9/24/2014Filet melts in your mouth. Flavor is magnificent. Service is spot on. Wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was top notch!Eatout4usDined on 9/24/2014Very pleased with our dinner that night. As the night went on, it seemed to get a bit noisy which made it difficult for conversation within our group. Everyone was pleased with the service and the presentation of food brought to our table. A single comment from all was the sides were not warm when served with the entree. The garlic mashed potatoes were just barely warm. Creamed spinach was was just warm also. Other than that we all had a ver enjoyable experience there and several others at the table will be returning.Special Features:
- Don't mention magic diningRichyDined on 9/21/2014We arrived 10 mins early and was told by reception come back closer to our time! When we went into the restaurant as soon as we mentioned magic dining they could not get the menus out of our hands quick enough. They lost interest in us. We asked for a second beer and waited 15 mins for it having to ask again for it. We got offered more bread, it never came. The water was warm ergghh. The waiter said we encourage shareing your meal. Share what! We got a steak and garlic mash or you could have cream spinach. There was barely enough for a woman never mind a mans appetite. I love cheesecake but not this one it and was not creamy. The waiter gave us the bill as he gave us the desserts. Ignored us as we left our table.
- From a PA visitorluveatingoutDined on 9/21/2014We Used the Orlando Special Offer which was wonderful. Choices were exactly what we wanted for every part of the meal. Very friendly waiters. The food was so nice starting with the bread and ending with the dessert. We thought our 6 oz. Filet Mignon was so delicious and tender. Actually thought the beef was so much better than our Ruth's Chris Restaurant in Wilkes-Barre, PA at the Mohegan Casino. It was a terrific start to our vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!RMP1980Dined on 9/19/2014Very good restaurant! It is a steak house, I ate a Rebeye Cowboy, wonderful, 22 oz, really very big. Good service and good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible service500reviewsonTripAdvisorDined on 9/19/2014We tried the Magical Orlando menu. Gumbo was great, fillet overdone. The evening was spoilt by an arrogant server called James who seemed to hate his job and his customers. I'll stick to Capital Grill & Morton's, at least they make you feel special for supporting them.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerTiffanyDined on 9/16/2014Kevin was amazing! Our table was set up for my birthday, which was very nice. Kevin went over the menu with us since it was our first time at Ruth Chris, He was very on top of keeping our drinks full. The wine list was good but a little overpriced for the options. I have been to other restaurants with the same wines and they are half the price. The food was amazing but do not think we will be returning unless it's a special occasion due to the price of drinks, the food is worth the price but we are drinkers and like to drink with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiconaRuthChris14Dined on 9/14/2014Very nice restaurant. I was thrown off by the darkness initially but soon got used to it. I went during the magical dining experience but I already plan to go again soon. I will share the experience with friends.Special Features:
- First time dining at Ruth's ChrisFirstimedininghereDined on 9/13/2014***Magical Dining month is what brought me to Ruth's Chris... and I am so happy about it. Ambiance was perfect; Service was Excellent and seafood was delicious (BBQ shrimp-Magical Dining menu and Scallops-Classics menu)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up.WahooManDined on 9/13/2014As always, impeccable service and excellent food. We ordered from the magical dining menu and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food/service but needs refurbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food was just as excellent as I was expecting. The service was top notch. My only gripe is that the place seems to look just like it did 15 years ago, it needs an injection of modern luxury and decor.Special Features:
- Forgot how good the food isPatsDined on 9/12/2014It has been several years since I had the occasion to eat Ruth's Chris i had forgotten how good the food is. The steak sizzling hot and cooked to perfection, the servers we'll trained and interacted well with the guest. Will be a repeat on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceLuvRCDined on 9/12/2014This is my third visit and I can truly say that this restaurant exceeds expectations in all areas. I absolutely love their steaks. I brought home some of my filet mignon for breakfast with eggs the following day. The steak was as tender as the night before. I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated Wedding AnniversaryCoachMacQDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary on Friday at Ruth's Chris. Everything about it was outstanding; especially our server Nia. She went above and beyond. Rose pedals on the table, snapped a picture with their camera & my wife's iPhone and had "Happy Anniversary" etched on the dessert plate with chocolate syrup. It was also quite evident that the serving crew there works as a team. All the fundamentals; never saw bottom of water glass, each course served timely and just plain good customer service. Well done! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Magically delightful!moonfishloverDined on 9/12/2014The service and food was amazing. The steak was served on a 500 degree plate that kept the food warm. The potatoes were the best garlic potatoes I have ever had in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect service, with one catchgfDinendasheDined on 9/10/2014We drove up and saw the free valet parking. However, there was a spot right near the door, so we saved ourselves the 2 bit tip, and walked in. We arrived about 15 minutes early for our reservation, hostesses assured us that the table would be ready in 15 minutes. 30 minutes later we were still waiting, and, after checking with the hostess, she thought we were dining at the bar (we were just sitting there staring at her for 30 minutes). After that, the dinner was perfect. The wait staff was very attentive. We looked around (mainly to see who had just arrived in the stretch limo) and a waiter was at our side in seconds. He assured us that he would let us know if Jon Stewart arrived. Food was excellent. Steaks cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFoodTasyDined on 9/5/2014I had never been to Ruth's Chris, always wanted to go, Magical Dining was the perfect time to experience this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGregDined on 9/3/2014We have been to a Ruth's Chris previously in MD and had an exceptional meal. This was a meal on the Orlando Magical Dining plan, which I thought was to help promote a restaurant to people who wished to try it. My seafood gumbo was served cold and had to be sent back. The filet was small, the portion of creamed spinach which usually is huge was small and also not extremely hot. The dessert was a small as the desserts that Season's 52 sells for $1.99 each. I think Ruth's missed a good chance to impress diners who have never been there before, such as the guests we brought with them. None of us were impressed--service was slow, food had to be sent back to be warmed, and nothing with the meal was impressive. DisappointingSpecial Features: