Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
7501 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3300/Orlando/West-Sand-Lake-Road
- Phone: 4072263900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Orlando, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Rut's Chris - Orlando offers 2 private dining rooms. The Boardroom & the Library each seating from 20 to 45 guests or combined seating up to 90 guests.
- Private Party Contact: David Petrak 8772381641
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Orlando, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (23)notable wine list (17)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lots of ButterVine1234Dined on 8/2/2014The tuna appetizer was amazing (if you like Tuna I would recommend ordering it). The steaks were fine. We both ordered the Filet and one was cooked much more rare than the other. The two side items we ordered were the sautéed spinach and a loaded baked potato. The spinach was laying in a pool of butter (which is fine but I chose the spinach for something healthy). The potato was also resting in a pool of butter. Being 7 months pregnant means I went home very swollen from all the salt. Overall the ambience is nice. Our waiter had 2 other large party tables so he not as visible as I would expect at a higher end restaurant. He did get a lot of help from other servers so we never ran out of water or wine.Special Features:
- We love Ruth Chris!ScottnWendyDined on 7/26/2014Rusty our server was great! The food amazing, love the Crabtini. Ruth Chris has the best Steaks in Orlando.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris is Superb!BabslovestoeatDined on 7/8/2014Great good, excellent service. I would definately go back. My only disappointment is that it is not open for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatspecialniteDined on 7/5/2014Once again great food great time outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Once in a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Great steaks and overall food experience but highly, highly over priced. Service was very impersonable although very thorough. It was like they just wanted to get us out of there as fast as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour!7SaturdaysVIPDined on 6/30/2014There are a few good Happy Hours place with a nice selection of food at Happy Hour and this is one of them. Service is faster than in the restaurant. You can still sit in the bar area, order Happy Hour drinks & regular menu food as well. 5 Stars this time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!LAINDIA55Dined on 6/30/2014I took my boyfriend out for his Birthday Dinner. The staff at Ruth Chris made the event all the more special! Our Waitress Candice was so knowledgeable with the menu items and her suggestions were definitely perfect. From the Vale to the after dinner cocktail............ everything was simply perfect! The Food was delicious cooked exactly like we requested. Dessert was Awesome! Service was Superb! Cocktails are to die for. We will be back soon! Thank you for the awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect salad and steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Very good ingredients and presentation. Chop salad was impressive. Steak was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRegularsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Ruth's on Sandlake has really grown their Happy Hour business and it is always packed in the bar at that time. We came a little later and had dinner tonight. The "Sizzlin' Steaks" were cooked to perfection and the wine was a perfect pairing.Special Features:
- Not as pleased-I'm a regular...7SaturdaysVIPDined on 6/20/2014As a Dr Phillips local & regular, this was a disappointment. I should have said something but didn't since we had a party of 5. My salad was sent back since it had bleu cheese-I wanted goat cheese. They didn't make a fresh one! They added goat cheese to it, so I didn't eat it. Very disappointing for a nicer end restaurant. My normal filet was smaller than normal & charred on the outside. The Au Gratin potatoes were not well done-like we asked. We specified the cheese to be crispy/well done. Maybe a new cook? Its not normal for Ruth Chris to disappoint. I should have said something to the waiter & manager. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proper / attentive service lackingsporthtlDined on 6/11/2014Used plates, beverage glasses not removed in a timely manner. No offer of additional bread / butter. Table top not kept cleaned of misc small items, ie swizzle sticks, sugar packets -- no "crumbing". What happened to the idea of a nice fresh fully iced glass of ice water to replace the luke warm water near the end of dinner? While a hostess (?) did stop by shortly after our entrees were served .. never di have a manager stop by to inquire of food or service satisfaction..?? No one from culinary stopped by to inquire of food taste/quality satisfaction..??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MeatwinedoctorVIPDined on 6/7/2014Ruth's Chris is still in the top two for a great steak. The NY being my favorite. The one just the other night was about two inches thick. Probably the best sautéed spinach I've had in a while. Regarding servers, ask for the one with the Irish accent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014What a delightful dining experience. Starting with our servers who accomodated our requests pleasantly particularly my wife's diet restrictions...none a problem. As always the steaks were prepared perfectly. We enjoyed the entire experience. Ruth's Chris never fails to deliver!
- The Best choice for AnniversaryHappyLizDined on 5/30/2014Alexis our server was very nice, excellent customer service, the food PORTERHOUSE FOR 2 was cooked to perfection. Absolutely scrumptious and we agree that this was the best we ever had. The nice touch petals on table, dim light with candllelight lamp was romantic, if it was noisy the music dampened it. I had made the reservation thru OPEN TABLE and we arrived early and they were able to seat us right away. The dessert was the surprise we had already left no room for, but Alexis insisted and made sure we saw it and it was beautifully presented with the chocolate writing on the plate Happy 15 years anniverssary with a Chocolate almost mouse cake that was heavenly with a large delicious Strawberry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!chelseagirlVIPDined on 5/30/2014Best steakhouse in town Excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening with Ruth CrhisGreatFoodrating10Dined on 5/17/2014Could not have asked for more - good food, good service- great atmosphere. Would highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion or just for a good mean in a pleasant place.Special Features:
- DisappointedChrisVIPDined on 5/13/2014Ruth's Chris is my favorite steakhouse; I can usually count on their consistency in great food/service, but I was very disappointed at the Orlando branch. Our waiter forgot our appetizers, which can happen, but then I expect him to show more attention to make up for it. He did comp our dessert, but our refills for tea/water still took a rather significant amount of time. My medium rare steak arrived more medium well. And: I went to the bathroom, and both of the containers for TP were empty. There was thankfully a spare TP roll in that stall, but seeing as how the restaurant opens at 5pm and my reservations were at 6:30pm, I do not see how both TP rolls could be empty unless they just did not make the effort to check on bathrooms daily.
- AnniversaryLoizaDined on 5/11/2014I celebrated my forty second anniversary and wanted to take my wife for lunch to a great place. That's why I decided to go to Ruth's Chris S.H. The whole service was exceptional. We had a very great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDavenportDonDined on 4/25/2014It was my fiancés birthday and he had a great meal. Our waiter was great and helped me with a few special requests. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 473 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Orlando reviews archive.
- Disappointing ServiceGopherDined on 4/19/2014We went early to beat the rush (5:15) and the place was almost completely empty. We ordered promptly, as we had another event to get to. Our food finally arrived at 6:40...and it was not exactly what we had ordered. After checking a few times and being told the chef "was making it perfect", we were already frustrated. I have no idea what takes almost 1.5 hours to cook when no one is at the restaurant. When we did receive our food, they made the wrong steak for me (a ribeye versus filet) and forgot my wife's side order (green beans). Our server apologized profusely and offered a free dessert, but it was too late. Very disappointed.
- DisappointmentTnRvrKingDined on 4/18/2014Having dined in other Ruth's Chris Steak House we had very high expectations for this dinning experience. Unfortunately it feel well short of our expectations. Do not get me wrong, the food was good, but it was not as good as other Ruth's Chris Houses and certainly not worth the price. The disappointment was compounded by less than quality service. The service was slow and it felt like the waiter had too many tables to handle. He also did not have a warm and caring attitude in his service. Sad to say, but I believe this was probably the last time we will visit Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- erinmDined on 4/10/2014We enjoyed celebrating our two birthdays on a special night while on vacation in Orlando.Special Features:
- Best Steak in Town!ScottnWendyDined on 4/4/2014We love Ruths Chris. Rusty was our server again, he always makes dining great. If you love steak this is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOlivia14Dined on 3/30/2014Helpful server, was attentive about splitting meals and death with the younger children wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2014Really looking forward to an anniversary meal here. We are a mixed group of agesand the younger members were asked for id when ordering drinks. We needed 2 forms of id as we are not US citizens which we didn't have so left us extremely saddened.When speaking to the manager he was loud and argumentative. He towered over 2 members of my party (female) and would continue to voice his point even when we walked away. It left a very distressing and unpleasant evening for our group! The food was no better the any other steak house and will probably never eat here again. We had a high chair in our party and the table was too small to accommodate it which was a little upsetting Anoverall bad night and hope others don't have these problems!
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014Try the stuffed chicken breast! Amazing! Excellent service. Excellent food. Totally recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meal, so-so servicerickandshariDined on 3/21/2014We had Rusty as a server and he seemed very distracted all night. Ordered a glass of wine with my dinner after a couple of cocktails during the appetizer course but the wine was never delivered. Not the service Ruth's is known for or that should come from a $400 meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very efficient factoryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014The food was good, even though the steaks were overcooked. Edible but still over cooked. Staff agreed and wanted to "do something" for us;we declined. Waitstaff was friendly and prices were fair. However, the ambiance was more of a very efficient food factory than a fine dining experience. We would never go back.
- outstanding addition to great menu!MarjieWDined on 3/19/2014I only get to eat at Ruth Chris about twice a year for my birthday and anniversary. I never vary from the bone-in ribeye. Always perfectly cooked to order. The shrimp cocktail or crabtini are delicious and come with enough greens that we can skip a salad. The vegetable choices are delicious. I prefer the spinach au gratin. I was delighted to see lobster mac and cheese on the menu and had to try it. I was a little concerned there might be too much bite from the pepper but it was perfect. Great addition. Glad you got it right before adding it to the menu. I ventured away from my usual martini to have the blackberry side car. Loved the flavor. Gabe was our server, as he has been most visits over the years. He is wonderful.Special Features:
- BillyHDined on 3/16/2014A great experience, good food, attentive - but not intrusive - service. Our third visit and we have not been disappointed on any occasion.Special Features:
- Good Food - Long waitFoodie67Dined on 3/14/2014Went for our 5 year anniversary. Food was above average like most times we have been there. We got Bone-in filet (daily special) and Sea Bass for our entrees. We had a 7:30 reservation though and didn't get seated until after 8 pm, that was disappointing since we were starving! - but we did get a nice booth at least. Table service was good and attentive.Special Features:
- Not the same anymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014Ruth's Chris used to be my favorite steak house. Their steaks had a very distinctive flavor found at no other steak house. Our past three visits we have experienced steaks with no distinctive flavor. They continue to serve an excellent prime steak but the flavor I go to Ruth's Chris for is gone. In my opinion they are in line with all the other top end steak houses now.
- On the road and this was asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014On the road and this was as high quality and consistent as alwaysI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable but nothing specialBellaB33896Dined on 3/8/2014We had a group of six and it was our first time at this Ruth's Chris. Atmosphere was very nice, host staff was very accommodating. Our server was a bit over the top in trying to cross sale and did not take no very well. Our steaks were very good, but did not knock our socks off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes an ordinary occasion specialMagstewDined on 3/7/2014We had a drink and "starter" in the bar during the "Happy Hour" time where the atmosphere buzzed and was actively buoyant the moved into the peaceful ambiance of the main restaurant - for us a perfect combination. Service and quality in both ares was beyond redemption.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did you forget us?Robbase333Dined on 3/6/2014We were in town to see Mickey Mouse and his gang and on day 4 got rained out. Since we spent most of the day in the hotel room, i decided to take my family of four to a nice steak dinner. The setting was nice, food was decent, service lacked severely, unless you ordered an alcoholic beverage. My wife and i noticed that several wait staff would constantly keep the alcoholic beverages filled and the rest of the tables sat and waited. Keep in mind this is a pricey restaurant and by default the wait staff inherit a nice tip. We have had much better service at chain restaurants though. Good luck!Special Features:
- Blown awayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014Food, service and atomsphere was ok. Kenny did a great job at relaying how things worked as far as a la carte, family sides, etc.. At first drinks took longer than expected. But Kenny explained the bar was backed up. We didn't mind so much, for we we're catching up with our friends. Apps were great, my Lettuce Wedge came without bacon, Kenny fixed the problem quickly and informed us they had ran out. We kept enjoying our experience. The only thing that bothered me was when the server had told us that they were closing soon and needed to get our order because the Chef gets cranky. I was very disappointed hearing this, once my Ribeye came out, it was overcooked and I didn't have the nerve to send my steak back as too not make the Chef cranky.
- Beyond GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014The experience at Ruth Chris Orlando was one of total satisfacation. Steaks were beyond delicious, waiter was superb and the food was wonderful. Will return here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great sizzling steaks!7SaturdaysVIPDined on 2/16/2014We spend less than $80-that's inc the steak, salad, side item, dessert. + We get (2) glasses of wine. We get the "Ruth's Classic" $54 center cut filet & split it. (He likes his med rare & I like mine Med. We order it med rare-It comes out on two SIZZLING hot plates. I then slice mine up & sizzle it more). We get the filet & choice of a starter: Golden Beets, Baby Greens & Goat Cheese Salad | Minestrone Soup|Caesar Salad | Steak House Salad (We choose the Ruth Chis Chopped Salad). You get 1 side: Roasted Brussels Sprouts | Mashed Potatoes | Sautéed Mushrooms|Green Beans w/Roasted Garlic | Creamed Spinach. (We get the sautéed mushrooms). For dessert, you get a chocolate Sin Cake & Fresh Berries with Vanilla Sweet Cream. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always great,GrandmadVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food is always great, tonight it was even better. We each had the surf and turf.Special Features: