Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ocean City
11501 Maid at Arms Lane
Berlin, MD 21811Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ocean City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/10046/Berlin/Ocean-City
- Phone: 4102139444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friay & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bruce Peabody
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private party dining for groups from 5 to 150 people. Offering four private dining rooms, our expert staff will guide you every step of the way. We offer tiered menus or a la carte dining. Please call today to reserve your date.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Ruark 4102138960
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ocean City
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in West Ocean City/Berlin Maryland. We welcome you to enjoy the very best in cuisine and hospitality. Ruth's Chris is the number one Steak House In America. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ocean City - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ocean City reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (25)fit for foodies (20)scenic view (19)good for groups (18)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FoodiejoydivinedinerDined on 10/12/2014My party arrived a little ahead of our reservation but were able to be seated right away. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We all got the Filet Mignon and Lobster Tail special with some of the vegetables. The food smelled delicious, looked delicious and was outstanding. I personally almost wept with joy at my pecan-crusted sweet potato casserole. We had no complaints and will return again. I have eaten at other RC's around the country and have only been disappointed by one at a location in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014Always excellent. I travel a lot and eat at Ruths Chris wherever we go. Food quality and service are always outstanding. Never a bad experience!Special Features:
- OutstandingShaneDined on 9/20/2014We were extremely pleased with everything. The food was excellent from the salad to the desert. I was very impressed with the service which wax attentive and very courteous. Even the manager came over to see if everything was to our liking. We have here several times and will return many times more.Special Features:
- Assistant Watress ProblemRickDined on 8/30/2014The Assistant waitress dropped the hollandaise sauce and the spoon fell in my wife's purse. Unfortunately it was her new Coach. All over her new wallet, the lining- everything. We didn't notice until we left. ABSULTLY UNEXCEPTABLE. An accident is fine but to hide it is very poor performance. I will give you her name if requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RC IS ALWAYS GREATHaskell28Dined on 8/27/2014the food is ALWAYS outstanding at ANY Ruth's Chris!! We have been to many of them including Aruba, NYC, Weehawken, NJ, Tarrytown, NY etc. this particular location in Ocean City is beautiful and rich with history but the wait staff was not as attentive as we've experienced in other locations. That aside, clearly the best steaks you can get!!!Special Features:
- Wanted a good steakjmethechefVIPDined on 8/26/2014The steaks were prepared as we ordered and crab cakes were exceptional. The side dishes of au gratin and loaded potatoes just seemed greasy and not that tasty. The broccoli was fine, but it was just broccoli. I think they need to up their game on the side dishes. Service was great, the building is really nice and has an interesting history. The view was very nice, although it is far from the beach, so no water view. Overall, it was pretty good but I think I've had better steakhouse experiences at other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthdayJj24Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I went to Ruth Christie for my 60 th birthday. The food was great just as I expected it to be. The waiter and his assistants were wonderful. They brought me out a special birthday dessert which was yummy. I definitely would recommend this to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's ChrisMDIneDined on 8/24/2014Food and service were fantastic. VERY attentive manager who spent time explaining the setting and sharing history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant ever!CfredricDined on 8/23/2014Everyone should experience this dining experience at least once in their life. Don't let the prices deter you. This couldn't be an every week experience for most, but once a year should work. The staff was professional and really worked effortlessly to make the evening an enjoyable one. The steak was the best I have ever had. The sides are generous so we orderd a few and split them. I am already planning my next trip!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!bibelotDined on 8/22/2014Ruth's Chris in West Ocean City is one of our regular stops and it never disappoints - perfect steaks in a comfortable and very welcoming room. A bit of a splurge but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lobsterDelmarva56Dined on 8/20/2014I always go to Ruth Chris in OC Md. For my birthday month of August ! Was so happy they had a 2 1/2 lb lobster left . It was cooked to perfection . My husband orders the chicken breast , it's moist and his favorite . Others at our table had their favs including the Ribeye which was just the right pinkness and tender . They brought out a dessert and sang happy birthday . Our experiences there have always been top notch , with smiling happy wait staff and a beautiful view of the golf course .Special Features:
- Great mealMissyDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary and we had a wonderful time. The servers were very attentive without being overbearing and even treated us to complimentary champagne and desserts for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome!LoriBVDined on 8/9/2014We have been here 5 times and always walked away completely satisfied! Everything is good on menu. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2playgolfDined on 8/5/2014This is definitely a five star restaurant with prices to match. Be prepared for the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No frills clean foodAmcoVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food and service are always great! If you want a no frills delicious meal this is the place.Special Features:
- Kicking it up a notch in OCMD!JB22VIPDined on 7/28/2014With so many LESS than spectacular dining options in the OCMD, from poorly run chain restaurants to schlocky local restaurants it is an absolute comfort to know that a first class, well run, Ruth's Chris is an option in the village of Glen Riddle. Five of us sampled from both the chef's special menu and the regular menu and every plate went back to the kitchen empty. From the New York Strip, to the PorterHouse for two, to the Surf & Turf to the Cowboy Rib-eye. Each dish cooked perfectly to order and expertly handled by a terrific and well trained wait staff. The wine list offered a few subtle surprises, but the best surprise were the fair prices versus retail and our server knew to decant prior to serving same. Exceptional find in OCMDSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014We go to Ruth's Chris for special occasions, birthdays, anniversary, etc. When travelling, we'll seek out a Ruth's Chris, too. Always delicious.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceOChiddenGemDined on 7/22/2014Great experience and service was superb. Our server, Paxton was a gem.Special Features:
- Always specialhorsenutDined on 7/20/2014This was the second time that we dined at Ruth's Chris. The first time was amazing, with amazing food, as was the second time. Incredible service, steaks to die for. Love the place.Special Features:
- coolmoos66Dined on 7/20/2014It was an amazing dinning experience!! My wife and I absolutely loved the atmosphere ,and it had a wonderful charm. The staff was wonderful! We would highly recommend this establishment to our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.DaveDined on 7/17/2014There is a certain expectation when we go to Ruth's Chris - excellent service and exceptionally delicious food. Without exception, we always get both. That's why it's high on our list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Typical food; Atypical locationivy1601Dined on 7/13/2014This Ruth's Chris Steak House is what I expect of this restaurant chain. Frankly, I was surprised to discover a restaurant of this calliber in this location. It was a treat for celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary! We like that this fine restaurant is away from the hustle and bustle of the beach. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Great dinnerNoDinnerHomeDined on 7/11/2014Excellent dinner with great steaks. Had the petite filets and the sweet potato casserole. The sweet potato dish should not be missed - best ever. Started with wedge salad and tomato/onion salads. Both were large and could easily shared by two. Finished with banana cream dessert. Great all around with excellent service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2014Our cocktails, food and wine were excellent! Thank you for the birthday yummy as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary. The filet mignon and lobster were amazing! The staff was extremely professional and kind. They explained the history of GlenRiddle Stables. We were given complimentary champagne because it was our wedding anniversary. Additionally we received a complementary honey cinnamon cheesecake for dessert for the same reason. Both were totally unexpected, but wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAmcoVIPDined on 6/30/2014The cowboy steak was superb! The service was outstanding! The manager, Basil, knows how to run a restaurant!Special Features:
- Not a place for young childrenpaulDined on 6/29/2014I have been to a few Ruth's Chris restaurants around the country and expect a certain level of service, food and ambiance at this chain. Depending on the area, it is understandable for some differences. The Ocean City Ruth's Chris was a very different experience. While the food and the staff were outstanding, the other patrons were not. There were two tables with young children. At one were babies with high-chairs. I would not expect this at a RC normally, especially at 8pm. The screaming was quite unpleasant. We moved to the other room where there were young children at another table. After some time they began running around the table and room. I expected the OC RC to be a little more laid back, but this was ridiculous.Special Features:
- daa2202VIPDined on 6/28/2014One of the more unusual Ruth's Chris locations I've been to, and I've been to about 20 different ones - but very nice as usual. Food was typical RCSH, very good, although a little heavy on the butter (seriously, do we need butter on the broiled tomatoes?) We loved the special potatoes - roasted fingerlings in a creamy chipotle dressing. Steaks and salads (and drinks) were excellent, as usual. We didn't have room for dessert this time, but I will vouch for the banana cream pie (which I've had on previous visits to this location) - it's fantastic. Service was a little off this time around...RCSH uses the team approach, but it seemed like our "team" didn't get along, so we had a solo server. At times, it was noticeable.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceBeverlyDined on 6/28/2014We celebrated a birthday on June 28, 2014, and the Ruth Chris experience was very disappointing. The server Stacey really did not want to be working that evening. She never came back to the table to check on refreshing drinks, how the meal was, or if we needed anything. The manager did a good job in covering for her lack of attention, and even brought requested side plates to the table. Stacey kept reminding us that it was a team waiting on us, and displayed much attitude when we stated that the service was lacking. She didn’t even come back to the table to pick up the check. I’ve been to the Ocean City and Baltimore locations before, and the service had always been favorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as usual!CandicanecDined on 6/27/2014Our favorite Ruth's location! More relaxed, casual & bright than any other location we have been to and the staff is friendly & not stuffy. Plus the history of the unique location inside of an old horse stable adds to the experience. Oh yeah, the food....Awesome! We had our usual filet & ribeye and they were cooked perfectly along with the lyonnaise potatoes, mushrooms & Caesar salad yummy! It's a little ways outside of OC, but definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locationroscoeDined on 6/23/2014Hard to find nice restaurant good food service could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 193 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ocean City reviews archive.
- Impeccable ServiceGeorgDined on 6/17/2014Dinner and service was outstanding. We shall return!Special Features:
- Great foodNickDined on 6/14/2014We were seated upstairs and i think that took away from our service a little bit. It was still good, sometimes just lagged. Food was top of the line!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I went to Ruth's Chris during my annual trip to Ocean City. The waiter was knowledgeable and the food was top notch. The side dishes were unique with great flavor and the steak was delicious.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuvGoodFoodDined on 5/18/2014Pricey, but worth it. Ruth's Chris uses a team approach to serving its guests so you are never without anything you need or want. The menu is a la carte but sides and salads are generous size and easily shared by 2 diners. One of my favorite places when I want to treat myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundJanza64Dined on 5/3/2014We have a vacation home in OCMD and wanted something a little more upscale to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were not dissappointed. Everything was excellent. This location is set in the old Glen Riddle horse farm now converted into a development with two golf courses. The equine ambiance remains. The restaurant itself looks like the old stables. The fact that we were there on Kentucky Derby day made it more exciting! Lots of fun. The seared tuna and the calamari apps were awesome. The steaks are always superb. No room for dessert. Will have to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse aroundfinedinningDined on 4/29/2014Ruth's Chris offers great food and service. I love the location. It provides a scenic view of the golf course. Portions are large enough to share. Steak was done perfectly. I make it a point to visit each time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchNewtDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the OC Ruth Chris. They greeted us with a complimentary glass of champaign. The waiters were attentive but not bothersome. The Crabtini was outstanding (as usual), the filet was tender and cooked as ordered. The shrimp and lobster was tasty and tender. Our desert (cheesecake) was also very good and again, complementary. A 1st class restaurant.Special Features:
- AnniversaryvacationerDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I had a lovely dinner on our 21 Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMDRomanticDined on 3/22/2014Awesome as always. My wife and I enjoy the food, service and ambience. Great for special occasions. Our server was fantastic, giving us suggestions on splitting the sides which are way too big for one person. She gave us thorough instructions and suggestions and then her service was like a ninja, in and out without making a scene. You look down and your water was filled, your empty plate removed, just excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.