Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
2727 E. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisindy.com/
- Phone: 3178441155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Weiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Chris now offers off-site catering by renowned chef Eddie Weiss. Please call Lori Seefeldt at (317) 844.1155 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis Northside offers private pace for groups from 6 to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Seefeldt 3178441155x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis Northside, conveniently located at 96th & Keystone, offers a warm & elegant atmosphere with a staff that caters to your every need only to be matched by the highest quality food & wine list in town. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for 2, an important business lunch or dinner or a private party, fully handicapped accessible, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (32)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Still have some kinks to work outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Went to celebrate son's 16th birthday. Two of the four steaks were scorched on one side and under cooked on the other. Sent one back and new steak was rare when we ordered medium. Ruined whole evening. For a steakhouse and price point, should be able to prepare the steak accordingly to how it is ordered.
- Professional ManagementRobertVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very impressed with the new building. We dined Sat. night with full house and the restaurant did not overbook. We were couple seated at 6 person booth in bar. The waitress Jessica was very professional and not try to turn table. Food excellent. Made future reservation when we left. Please not the restaurant has valet parking, bring your Lambo.Special Features:
- ForgottenBMJoeDined on 8/27/2014Placed in a private room! Wow! Not every server in the place was grabbing wine from that room! Annoying! 45 minutes later I had to ask the hostess for a server. 6 top 900.00 in wine and two of our steaks over cooked, second time around only one was over cooked, both were taken off the bill, not the servers faults. Wines where great.. Should have just drank!!!!Special Features:
- Great food a little slow on seatingrobertbakerDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed the experience. The bar is noisy when the music is undoes but it doesn't carry over to the dining rooms. We had a reservation and arrived in time. However we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. We were offered bar seating but it was an anniversary dinner and we wanted to be able to talk without distraction. The barstools were occupied so we had to stand in a very busy waiting area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaybirthdayboyDined on 8/26/2014Went to Ruth's Chris for my Birthday. The restaurant décor was nice and the food was wonderful!!!! Got the fillet and crab combination with a side of creamed spinach. The steak was tender and seasoned just right with just a little salt a pepper. Not too much like other restaurants. Got a Crème Brule for dessert and it was great. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the meal. Would highly recommend Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat1VIPDined on 8/22/2014The noise level was moderate because we were upstairs. Downstairs seemed to be more energetic. Be prepared to be seated quite some time after reservation time. Server, Chris, was excellent! Hostesses, Colleen and Charlotte also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LBysVIPDined on 8/22/2014New location is beautiful. Had to wait a while despite reservation but I'm sure they are just working out the kinks. Would returnSpecial Features:
- Hate the new building!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2014We know they are still getting acclimated to their new space, but the noise level is awful. It is not nearly as cozy or romantic as the old place. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our table (had reservations.) This used to be a favorite, honestly do not know if we will return.Special Features:
- New locationMollyDined on 8/22/2014The new location is beautiful....food was great as always...wait staff was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmeltravelerCarmeltravelerVIPDined on 8/22/2014The other people in my party said that their steaks were good, but my fish was still cold after it had been sent back. They took it off our bill. But I was disappointed that one of the healthier items on the menu was poorly prepared or served...not certain which.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opening nite b.dayHannahDined on 8/18/2014My birthday dinner coincided with the official restaurant opening....we had a blast! Had a comfortable booth for 5 college age kids & me. Staff fantastic, kept apologizing for slight delays...due to crowds, etc...in our opinion, no apologies necessary! Kudos to the g.m. For a job well done. Great vibe, beautiful decor. I will be visiting again soon & often....perhaps to catch a game or hear some music on the patio Only comment...shrimp appetizer. Not BBQ prepared? A bit too well doneSpecial Features:
- Great new spotSteveVIPDined on 8/18/2014Went on Monday opening night of new location. Restaurant looks awesome. Job well done. Great bar and nice, large patio outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The ribeye I had was overcooked and tough..everything else was fine. Service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningforpleasureDined on 7/25/2014Best bar for being with friends and for getting great friendly service. The food is so well prepared and pleasant to eat. We hope their new location is just as accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the crab cakesFoodloverDined on 7/19/2014We went to Ruth Chris's last week and were quite disappointed. It is possible that because they are moving to a new location next month they have just let things slide a bit. We ordered the wedge salad to start which was outstanding. The sides of asparagus and creamed spinach were also excellent. I'm sorry to say that the crab cakes were extremely disappointing. This is not what we expected from a restaurant of this caliber. They were absolutely mediocre and should be taken off the menu. The staff should go to Mesh on Mass Ave and try the crab cakes there which are in a league of their own at a lesser price. It was foolish to think we could go to this steakhouse and try something off the menu that was not steak. Bummer!!Special Features:
- Very tasty.ShinteetahVIPDined on 7/14/2014Server Nikolai was excellent. Steak was fantastic and chocolate souffle was happily replaced when it arrived not sufficiently warm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014Wonderful way to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cowboy Cut Bone-in RibeyeBlizaineDined on 7/5/2014You must get this steak when you go. I've had steak from every major high end steakhouse and this is the one I come back too. I even just had the Bone-in ribeye at CarneVino, which is the best rated steakhouse in Vegas (It's Mario Batali's restaurant). That ribeye was $144. And RC'd is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occassions!MetzDined on 6/30/2014We celebrated our 9th anniversary with a delicious dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The service was excellent and everyone made a fuss about our anniversary. The steaks were cooked to perfection and we definitely savored every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Have never had a bad experience with the quality of food. Favorite place for steak!!Special Features:
- Anniversary diningBestnewplaceDined on 6/24/2014We visited Ruth Chris for our anniversary. Every member of the wait staff that served us wished us happy anniversary and called by name. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a good place for steakSteakFansDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I were very pleased with this dining experience. The food was prepared just as we had ordered. The salads were fresh and the steaks cooked to our preferences. The wait staff and management made their rounds to ensure we were well serviced. Maybe one too many times. Most likely due to our early reservation to avoid the issues of an overcrowded steak house. Overall, a very good dining experience. Ruth's Chris is still a good place for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night!Momof2Dined on 6/20/2014My husband and I had an amazing anniversary/birthday dinner. Our server went out of his way to make it special. The food was AMAZING as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteOurFavDined on 6/20/2014We love this place!! XxxxxxxxxcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffGreat1Dined on 6/15/2014Chuck and the wait staff were absolutely fabulous. It was my one year anniversary and each and very one of them congratulated us. It's the little things like that that make for a nice dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Steak House NowDinedAndOutDined on 6/12/2014The food at Ruth's Chris used to be fabulous. Now, the average quality of the food doesn't come close to justifying the high prices. One can get a better steak at Kroger's. Paying a high price for low quality food doesn't make for a special occasion. It doesn't matter how many times the staff says Happy Anniversary, the food is still overpriced and fair. Also, prep includes too much butter/oil; to cover the average quality, I suppose.Special Features:
- Great experienceSteveDined on 6/1/2014My wife and I went there to celebrate a major life event, and really enjoyed ourselves. It had been a while since we both ate there, and we soon realized that having gone so long in between visits was a major mistake! Food was wonderful like we both remembered, arguably the best steaks around. Service was excellent, and our waiter was very personable. We felt very welcomed there and more than just another patron dining out. Of course, it is rather expensive, but I feel like the price fits the quality of the food really well. Let's face it, sometimes you just need to indulge yourself on a nice dinner. Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong.OscarStyleDined on 5/29/2014Ruth's Chris never disappoints. Great service, great food, and great drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrateChefkenVIPDined on 5/28/2014We dined with friends and everyone enjoyed the evening. Although our regular waiter was unavailable, we were pleased with Curtis who also did a fine job. I really like how the company invests in training the staff so that they can take care of the customer requests and needs. As far as the food, the appetizers and salads were delicious. The steaks and sides were also fantastic. The only negative is that because the food is served so hot, we had to wait for it to cool a bit before diving in. :) We all ordered different desserts as well, and all were wonderful!Special Features:
- Always amazingChristineDined on 5/25/2014We've been going to Ruth's Chris for years. Everything we've ordered had been amazing but the filet is my go to entree. Superior service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzzyDined on 5/11/2014we went for a good steak and as always the steaks were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Beef in a SteakhouseBadBrunchVIPDined on 5/11/2014Made the mistake of thinking this would be a good place for Mother's Day Brunch. NEVER AGAIN. What kind of steakhouse has a spread without one ounce of beef. DRY TURKEY and OVERCOOKED ham. What a joke. It's ok to come here for dinner but NOTHING else. Sad excuse for brunch. The local Marriott does a bang up job compared to this place. I do have to say the Garlic Mash Potatoes were good.
- A great dinner at Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014My wife took me to our favorite restaurant - Ruth's Chris at 96th and Keystone in Indinapolis. As usual, it was a fine experience. The staff is friendly and atentive, but not obtrusive, The food was excellent as usual. We each had the Filet Mignon. We've traveled a lot and eaten in a number of fine restaurants, but no one's filet beats beats the ones served at Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Unforgettable BirthdaydinemasterDined on 5/5/2014Started our night out running late and could not make our first reservation. The birthday girl was running late. I wanted to take her somewhere she hadn't been to in a long time. Plus it was our first date. Rescheduled on open table for about a hour later was very easy. We arrived and was seated in a very intimate corner of the restaurant that we found to be very romantic. Our waiter (Sam) was very knowledgeable about the wine list and menu. We took his recommendation for appetizer and wine. A wonderful choice! The atmosphere, service and food was great. The restaurant and my waiter would come highly recommended. A birthday for her to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 424 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside reviews archive.
- Great time had by allRuthChrisloveitDined on 5/3/2014We have always loved Ruth Chris it is the only restaurant I have never had a bad experience at. I have been going to Ruth Chris for my Birthday for over 10 years, usually at the downtown location. May 3rd was my husbands Birthday. We tried to do St. Elmo all dinning was booked up Downtown Indianapolis so we went to Ruth Chris northside. We had a private dinning area for six and the Pacers where playing in the play off and my husband wanted to see it. he was going to be on his phone checking, but to our surprise that dinning room had a TV, and four of the six guest was Men, I could not have planned this any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysdannymDined on 5/3/2014Per usual, service, food and atmosphere perfect. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!!!YyygggrrDined on 5/2/2014The filet is always delicious, and cooked to perfection!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first time experienceGreentownDinerDined on 4/25/2014Our waiter did a good job of explaining the menu, and answering questions. Salads and sides are large, so sharing works well, which is nice, given they are individually priced. Service was prompt, and efficient. Noise level was pretty high. Steaks were excellent... Certainly top notch, which was expected. The decor is somewhat dated, but elegant.Special Features:
- Perfect as usualmyerzVIPDined on 4/24/2014This Ruth's Chris never disappoints. Excellent service and food!
- Easter Brunch Was HORRIBLE!!!Torian0319VIPDined on 4/20/2014Ruth Chris is one of my favorite upscale dining spots. I compare almost every restaurant to Ruth and have only found one (Peterson's in Fishers Indiana) to even come close. But, the Easter brunch was just horrible. I expected them to have some prime beef, chicken, standard sides and plenty of them. But, instead we had turkey (whcih was moist, but nothing impressive), ham (just ok), COLD mash potatoes and sirlon that was borderline rare. The shrimp and grits were good, so that is just about all I ate. My husband was so disappointed the he did not eat anything. The desserts were like little cocktail desserts - terrible, just terrible, I will not return for another bruch at Ruth's ...sorry....Special Features: