Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
2727 E. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisindy.com/
- Phone: (317) 844-1155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens daily at 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Weiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Chris now offers off-site catering by renowned chef Eddie Weiss. Please call Lori Seefeldt at (317) 844.1155 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis Northside offers private pace for groups from 6 to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Seefeldt 3178441155x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis Northside, conveniently located at 86th & Keystone, offers a warm & elegant atmosphere with a staff that caters to your every need only to be matched by the highest quality food & wine list in town. At 16,500 square feet, it seats 500 diners in a multi-level indoor/outdoor space that includes a dining room fireplace, two private dining rooms/event spaces and a 36-seat bar opening to a 3,000-square-foot patio. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for 2, an important business dinner or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)vibrant bar scene (56)notable wine list (48)hot spot (46)good for groups (37)romantic (36)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- six stars!IndyladyVIPDined on 11/25/2014Would give Scott our server six stars for amazing service, just the right touch of friendliness and top notch professionalism. Food carefully prepared. New digs are beautiful, good move Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not firing on all cylinders yetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014We been to the New location several times and always come away happy. Whatever meat or fish you choose is perfect. The sides are exceptionally expensive but far from exceptional. Long time servers are on top of their game however the need additions have a long way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the gem that Ruth Chris once wasDisappointedDined on 11/14/2014Since moving to the new location the restaurant misses the mark. Gone is the fabulous and attentive service. The staff is very young and unremarkable. Our table was not ready on time and the hostess at reception was rude. Dinner was fair. The only saving grace was the petite filet which was cooked properly but sadly came before we had even gotten half way into our salads. The new building is gorgeous but the restaurant is not the special dinner place it once was. It feels like a large over lit bar. It is obvious that the restaurant needs quite a bit of fine tuning to become what it was at the previous location. It is no longer a special occasion destination.Special Features:
- Made my wife's birthday specialrobertbakerDined on 11/9/2014Nice secluded booth. The porterhouse was out of this world. Sides were tasty. The service was well-timed, not hurried and didn't leave us waiting for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsfoodie2VIPDined on 11/6/2014The level of service and quality of the Dinning is always consistently great. The R Bar concept is real cool and creates a fun environment. This place never disappoints!Special Features:
- Great food and great lookNorthIndyDinerDined on 11/3/2014The new location was beautiful and the food was great. I was anxious to see the new place and I was not disappointed. I did not get a chance to get to the bar this time but I will probably go back to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAnitaDined on 11/2/2014We stopped going to Ruth Chris at the old location because, although the food was good, the restaurant ambiance was terrible. We were looking forward very much to dining in the new location but we were disappointed & will not return. The front desk girls seemed confused. The upstairs dining area lacks intimacy & interest. The food was just ok. Three different wait staff people commented on how tiring it is walking up the stairs to the second level. Don't bother ... Go to Fleming's!
- Great steakBradDined on 11/1/2014The overall of the restaurant was great. We had a wonderful time and this was our first visit. The sides were ok but a bit over priced. The streak on the other had wad one of the best I have ever had, I could cut it with my fork and wad deliciously cooked perfectly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed.ShellDined on 11/1/2014Seated in the second floor bar area with our children. Two T.V.'s on and very noisey. Food arrived while we were eating our salads. No steak knife with my husbands steak. Just overall very disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent with one small oversightGrammyKDined on 11/1/2014The food is excellent. Steaks are prepared to perfection and served on a piping hot plate! The staff is very attentive but not intrusive. The menu is pricey, but worth it for those special occasions! One small oversight for hot tea drinkers -- they only had herbal teas, no black teas were available. Thankfully I never travel without a back-up tea bag!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New locationGemsDined on 10/31/2014We were concerned that it would be a "new" Ruth's Chris with moving their location. The food and servce was still wonderful and the new design and atmosphere was a nice change and not as loud. Overall the change was good and look very appealing. The weather wasn't on our side with wind and rain and there was no canapy to cover us whether we decide to valet (we didn't) or not, so that was a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A BIG disappointmentIndyPhilDined on 10/27/2014My husband and I went with another couple to celebrate our 30th anniversary on October 27th because we have always had nice experiences in the downtown Ruth Chris in the past (but that was years ago) and I couldn't believe the prices...for what you got, anyway. My girlfriend and I ordered the petite filet $39.50 which included nothing else..no salad..no side. We had to order that and pay a good deal extra. there are many fine restaurants like Sullivans or Flemings who give diners far better food and service for much less. The guys ordered the rib-eye I think $45 ??) and they were ridiculously thin and overcooked and looked more like the sirloin steaks I remember from my childhood! I would never go back to that restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- Loudnixr73Dined on 10/24/2014Food was great, but do not sit in the middle room upstairs, people in the bar are very loud. My wife wanted to go there to relax and unwind, but the noise made that impossible. The staff was very understanding and moved us to a quieter area, where we could enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- New location - same great foodIndyDinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014The new Ruth's is beautiful on the first floor. Unfortunately we were seated upstairs which reminds one of a banquet room at a hotel. The service was wonderful as was the food (my husband was so happy to see the fried oysters back on the menu & the Halibut special was terrific). We just did not like the ambiance of the upstairs after we had already sat on the first floor on another occasion there. The first floor is beautiful and more vibrant, but either place you'll get the same high quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked everything but the plateFlawLESSVIPDined on 10/17/2014Everything as expected for a Ruth's Chris. It was a nice, luxe experience. Pleasant surprise--they were clearing out wine cellar and had $200+ bottles for $100. Some bottles for as low as $25. Ask if there are any wines they're clearing out to score savings. The only part of the meal that wasn't great ended up being the signature 500-degree plate. My selection was very thick, so it was fine on the hot plate. However, one person in our foursome ordered a ribeye. It was on the thin side. When brought to the table, it was to temp (medium-rare). However, as she ate, the steak continued to cook, and about twenty minutes later, there wasn't any pink left in it at all! She was disappointed and bagged it for her dog. Stick with thick cuts.Special Features:
- Great Move to A New LocationYKEliteDined on 10/16/2014The Northside Ruth's Chris has always been a hotspot but in the new location at Ironworks this team has taken it to a whole new level. Beautiful new space, purpose built for their needs. Great staff, great bar and the convenience of complementary valet parking out front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mr. And The Mrs.ReviewerVIPDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was new and extremely busy.....we had a large party and we're celebrating a birthday. My friend had told the hostess and the server who Both forgot the special occasion. They gave the birthday girl a gift certificate in condolences of their forgetfulness, but I'm unsure she will use it. The server was extremely slow, I think we waited over 30 minutes before we were able to order appetizers....the food was extremely hot, and the sides were ok. We asked the waiter for suggestions for the sides but he couldn't give us any specific ones to choose??? Not sure if we will go back?? We didn't venture into the bar, but could see the televisions from our table... Slightly irritating when your trying to have a nice dinner.....
- Good enough, but no more.NotafanVIPDined on 10/9/2014If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'll go somewhere better.
- Not ImpressedjojoDined on 10/5/2014Steak was burnt on the outside and our calamari was soggy. Our server was great. For a steakhouse I am disappointed. For the price it definitely wasn't worth it.
- First time at new locationSuzyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Love the building! Food was very good. After ordering, the food was slow coming out, but enjoyed visiting with our friends.Special Features:
- Good experienceMayorDined on 10/3/2014Service and atmosphere were excellent. Food was good but seafood was over cooked, dried out and tough.Special Features:
- Average ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014The food was great but the service was too slow & we had to ask for most everything twice.Special Features:
- Always a fine mealmilan73mgbDined on 9/27/2014Ruth's Chris food and service are always regal. The staff will cater to every reasonable whim. Food is perfectly prepared and the wine list always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new locationGns11197Dined on 9/27/2014What they have done with the new location is outstanding. Same great service with food to match. A must see, and enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ny2eatDined on 9/27/2014As compared to their old Location the service was poor, plates came out hot but steaks were cold. Took so long to bring new steak, everyone else was done eating. Made no attempt to rectify. Asked for children's menu, which they said they offered, prior to the reservation, but when seated, gave children adult menus. Charges were double what was a normal bill at the old location. Will not return. Sullivan's know how to treat their returning guests. Guest should not have to cover the cost of new high end lease all in first six months!
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had to ask if someone would take our order as server didn't come back after taking wine and appetizer order. Gnats swarming around wine glasses throughout evening (mentioned to server). Steak ordered butterfly, well-done; had to return to kitchen to cook more as it wasn't well-done (still rather pink inside). Did receive two free desserts for inconveniences. Suggest doing individual sides rather than offering family-style. Not always going to have same tastebuds as table mates so makes deciding sides that much more difficult; ie, not everyone gets what they want or you just have to pay extra for more sides.Special Features:
- Better but louder.wsroadkingVIPDined on 9/26/2014Same impeccable food and service but quite a bit more noise. Would take away from the "romantic" elegance for me. It is still an awesome place don't get me wrong, just not as quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!PdupreeDined on 9/22/2014The new location is fantastic! It is the largest the country. The food was absolutely amazing. We had the filet, NY strip, and the pork chops for dinner. All were cooked to perfection. I can't wait to go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014First time dining at new location. Very good food and service but had to move tables due to numerous gnats pestering our first table. Waiter noticed and offered to move us to table in another room which was much better. Waiter also gave us a complimentary desert for our trouble. Other than the wine ordered being two years younger than as listed on the wine list, new location, service and food was great.Special Features:
- In With The NewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Ruth's Chris never disappoints. We five diners were anxious to visit the new location and certainly were not disappointed. Although a bit concerned about the noise level upon entering, we found the actual dining area to be quiet and very relaxed. An abundance of wait staff and the roaming restaurant manager made sure that our experience with them was close to perfect. The restaurant was fully booked, yet our service was unrushed and attentive. We went in extremely hungry and left with fare for the next day. Portions are generous yet not huge and their side dishes are the best. Don't forget to order the sweet potatoes with maple syrup and pecan crust. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location!MaphDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful new digs for Indy northeast Ruth's Chris. Fabulous steak! Great service. Always fun for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Super eveningluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Our server was amazing. He was super friendly, but not pushy, very knowledgeable regarding wine and menu. The service and food was wonderful. We loved the new location and the ambience inside. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - noisy barDGrayDined on 9/12/2014Food and service were excellent as always. The new location is very upscale and tastefully designed but the noise level in the bar area is very loud to the point where conversation is difficult when it's crowded. That noise level is expected in a Broad Ripple night spot but not what we expect in a first class steakhouse atmosphere. The noise level at our dining table was moderate-quiet so dining was quite pleasant. The steaks were perfection and that's what we went for. We ordered the shoestring potatoes as a side and they were crisp and flavorful but it seems such a waste to make the only option a $9 side dish with enough quantity for 4 or 5 people. We ate less than half of them - can't imagine the wasted food that is discarded nightly.Special Features:
- business dinnerTmaraDined on 9/11/2014Went here with a colleague. It is sometimes weird to be asked if we are celebrating an anniversary. Some business folks could be slightly embarrassed by that assumption. Food was great! They had a special where we could buy a bottle and take a bottle which I liked. Went to the bar after and that was fun atmosphere. I recommend for folks over 21 here. Great night spot to grab a drink and meet up with friends.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/11/2014We requested a quite dining room (as opposed to the very noisy bar) and we were seated in the Wine Room which was perfect. We had some difficulty "communicating" with our original waiter on several items so requested a change and were immediately accommodated. From then on we were treated like royalty and received complimentary desserts and champagne since we were celebrating 60th wedding anniversaries. The Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Gotta Check It Outfoodie2VIPDined on 9/11/2014The new Ruth Chris is really nice, atmosphere, food, service and drinks all exceeded our expectations. Great bar scene!! You gotta check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerArenrathDined on 9/10/2014This was our first vist to the new northside location. Same great food and service and the new facility is very nice. We have traveled quite a bit and have never found a better filet than the one served here. Add a salad, a sweet potatoe casserole, and a vegtable and you have a unbeatable dining experience. There is an extensive wine list to choose from. Desserts are excellent as well. We usually take ours home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One in not Best Restaurant in Indy.RocketDined on 9/8/2014The food is then best and the service is exceptional. My wife insists on dinner for all special occasions, birthday, anniversary, mothers day, valentines day etc.Special Features:
- Need to work on serviceFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014We are huge RC fans- so much that we went to closing night of old location and couldn't wait for the new. Got there and they said they couldn't guarantee our request for bar seating since we booked through Open Table (3 weeks in advance BTW). We ended up outside and while nice- the service was unacceptable - waited 30 mins for a bottle of wine. 20 for the second. Appetizers came before our drinks.Overall waited 50 mins for appetizers/drinks. The steaks were great so that salvaged what was a supposed to be a very special occasion. No apologies or make good from anyone even though our bill was over $600.00. for 4. Disappointing. Definately need to work out service at the new location- always had great service in the past hope it changes.Special Features:
- Medium is now RareOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at the new location twice now, and each time, our steaks, which we ordered at medium temperature were delivered to our table on the rare side of medium.Special Features: