Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
2727 E. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisindy.com/
- Phone: 3178441155x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens daily at 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Weiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Chris now offers off-site catering by renowned chef Eddie Weiss. Please call Lori Seefeldt at (317) 844.1155 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis Northside offers private pace for groups from 6 to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Seefeldt 3178441155x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis Northside, conveniently located at 86th & Keystone, offers a warm & elegant atmosphere with a staff that caters to your every need only to be matched by the highest quality food & wine list in town. At 16,500 square feet, it seats 500 diners in a multi-level indoor/outdoor space that includes a dining room fireplace, two private dining rooms/event spaces and a 36-seat bar opening to a 3,000-square-foot patio. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for 2, an important business dinner or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)notable wine list (39)romantic (38)vibrant bar scene (33)good for groups (31)hot spot (29)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (5)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- New location!MaphDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful new digs for Indy northeast Ruth's Chris. Fabulous steak! Great service. Always fun for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Super eveningluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Our server was amazing. He was super friendly, but not pushy, very knowledgeable regarding wine and menu. The service and food was wonderful. We loved the new location and the ambience inside. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - noisy barDGrayDined on 9/12/2014Food and service were excellent as always. The new location is very upscale and tastefully designed but the noise level in the bar area is very loud to the point where conversation is difficult when it's crowded. That noise level is expected in a Broad Ripple night spot but not what we expect in a first class steakhouse atmosphere. The noise level at our dining table was moderate-quiet so dining was quite pleasant. The steaks were perfection and that's what we went for. We ordered the shoestring potatoes as a side and they were crisp and flavorful but it seems such a waste to make the only option a $9 side dish with enough quantity for 4 or 5 people. We ate less than half of them - can't imagine the wasted food that is discarded nightly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014We requested a quite dining room (as opposed to the very noisy bar) and we were seated in the Wine Room which was perfect. We had some difficulty "communicating" with our original waiter on several items so requested a change and were immediately accommodated. From then on we were treated like royalty and received complimentary desserts and champagne since we were celebrating 60th wedding anniversaries. The Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Gotta Check It Outfoodie2VIPDined on 9/11/2014The new Ruth Chris is really nice, atmosphere, food, service and drinks all exceeded our expectations. Great bar scene!! You gotta check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerArenrathDined on 9/10/2014This was our first vist to the new northside location. Same great food and service and the new facility is very nice. We have traveled quite a bit and have never found a better filet than the one served here. Add a salad, a sweet potatoe casserole, and a vegtable and you have a unbeatable dining experience. There is an extensive wine list to choose from. Desserts are excellent as well. We usually take ours home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One in not Best Restaurant in Indy.RocketDined on 9/8/2014The food is then best and the service is exceptional. My wife insists on dinner for all special occasions, birthday, anniversary, mothers day, valentines day etc.Special Features:
- Need to work on serviceFoodieDined on 9/6/2014We are huge RC fans- so much that we went to closing night of old location and couldn't wait for the new. Got there and they said they couldn't guarantee our request for bar seating since we booked through Open Table (3 weeks in advance BTW). We ended up outside and while nice- the service was unacceptable - waited 30 mins for a bottle of wine. 20 for the second. Appetizers came before our drinks.Overall waited 50 mins for appetizers/drinks. The steaks were great so that salvaged what was a supposed to be a very special occasion. No apologies or make good from anyone even though our bill was over $600.00. for 4. Disappointing. Definately need to work out service at the new location- always had great service in the past hope it changes.Special Features:
- Medium is now RareOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at the new location twice now, and each time, our steaks, which we ordered at medium temperature were delivered to our table on the rare side of medium.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceLostwaterVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have always considered Ruth Chris to be one of the top Steakhouses in Indy. Unfortunately they are suffing growing pains in their new location. Food was excellent service is extremely poor. We had a table of 7 waiter forgot to bring my salad. When we asked for it he said he would be right back but never came back instead our steaks came out. Asked for a glass of wine with dinner. Wine was brought out when the dessert menus hit the table. Through out the evening waiter never can to check table. He was simply the order laker. He and his serving team were not on the same page. I will wait until they get their act together prior to recommending the new Ruth Chris iotacation. Time will tell if you pay top dollar you expect top service.Special Features:
- Steak PreparationJohnDined on 9/6/2014All steaks were prepared as requested. Unfortunately all had too much salt which detracted from the meat itself. Hash Brown potatoes were hot but were topped with cheese and something else that was not described on the menu. Could have done without the toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical Ruth's experiencesamreviewsDined on 9/5/2014When you think of Ruth's, most think of a classic steakhouse ambiance with impeccable service. The new location at 86th/Keystone was a huge disappointment. From the beginning, the service was not what we have come to know and expect. Reservation was for 8:15; arrived at 8:10 and was told it'd be a few minutes until our table is ready - no biggie. So we went to the bar to grab a glass of wine. After standing at the bar for ~15 minutes with no service, checked back in w/ hostess at 8:25 - table still not ready, but the hostess suggested we head to the "quieter" bar upstairs. Finally sat at 8:45. The ambiance was not your classic steakhouse atmosphere. It felt like we were in a loud trendy bar. Next time, we will go to the downtown location.Special Features:
- Great New Location for RC North!MargariteVIPDined on 9/5/2014Have dined frequently at the previous location of Ruth's Chris North....(as well as downtown).... Love love love this new location - Great restaurant with 2 vibrant bars!!.... and one of our favorite servers from the bar in the old location has returned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, great steakSnapFoodLoveDined on 9/5/2014Filet was delicious! Broccoli was dynamite. Hash browns and mushrooms were average. Caprese and Chopped salads were great! The drink menu offers a large variety, and the drinks are named with a northside Indy spin, like the Caramel Housewife, too funny! The two story, two bar venue is beautiful, roomy and full of stylish decor. Servers and staff are knowledgable and eager to help! I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Could be 5 Stars, If Not For ...LisaDined on 9/4/2014My friends and I dined out on the patio at the new location. Nice summer night on the pretty stone patio: comfy, outdoor seating for those relaxing with drinks; tables for diners; and live music. Staff - attentive. Food/wine - great. All good until it got dark outside. That's when two old-time lamp posts flanking either end of the patio were turned on. I happened to be facing one of the lamp posts. The lights were so bright, I could not see my friend sitting directly across from me. We asked the waiter if the lights could be dimmed. He went to check, but nothing happened. Most of the meal, my face was in a bright spotlight. Ugh - I had a headache by the time we left. Someone did come by as were paying and removed a couple bulbs. Too late.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/3/2014Our table was upstairs. This area is fine for groups but I was disappointed to be seated there for a romantic anniversary dinner. Would have preferred a more intimate tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!IndyDined on 9/3/2014Beautiful new facility. Top notch customer service. Unwavering food quality. You still can't beat a steak at Ruth'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still have some kinks to work outSteakloverDined on 8/31/2014Went to celebrate son's 16th birthday. Two of the four steaks were scorched on one side and under cooked on the other. Sent one back and new steak was rare when we ordered medium. Ruined whole evening. For a steakhouse and price point, should be able to prepare the steak accordingly to how it is ordered.
- Professional ManagementRobertVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very impressed with the new building. We dined Sat. night with full house and the restaurant did not overbook. We were couple seated at 6 person booth in bar. The waitress Jessica was very professional and not try to turn table. Food excellent. Made future reservation when we left. Please not the restaurant has valet parking, bring your Lambo.Special Features:
- ForgottenBMJoeDined on 8/27/2014Placed in a private room! Wow! Not every server in the place was grabbing wine from that room! Annoying! 45 minutes later I had to ask the hostess for a server. 6 top 900.00 in wine and two of our steaks over cooked, second time around only one was over cooked, both were taken off the bill, not the servers faults. Wines where great.. Should have just drank!!!!Special Features:
- Great food a little slow on seatingrobertbakerDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed the experience. The bar is noisy when the music is undoes but it doesn't carry over to the dining rooms. We had a reservation and arrived in time. However we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. We were offered bar seating but it was an anniversary dinner and we wanted to be able to talk without distraction. The barstools were occupied so we had to stand in a very busy waiting area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaybirthdayboyDined on 8/26/2014Went to Ruth's Chris for my Birthday. The restaurant décor was nice and the food was wonderful!!!! Got the fillet and crab combination with a side of creamed spinach. The steak was tender and seasoned just right with just a little salt a pepper. Not too much like other restaurants. Got a Crème Brule for dessert and it was great. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the meal. Would highly recommend Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat1VIPDined on 8/22/2014The noise level was moderate because we were upstairs. Downstairs seemed to be more energetic. Be prepared to be seated quite some time after reservation time. Server, Chris, was excellent! Hostesses, Colleen and Charlotte also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LBysVIPDined on 8/22/2014New location is beautiful. Had to wait a while despite reservation but I'm sure they are just working out the kinks. Would returnSpecial Features:
- Hate the new building!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2014We know they are still getting acclimated to their new space, but the noise level is awful. It is not nearly as cozy or romantic as the old place. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our table (had reservations.) This used to be a favorite, honestly do not know if we will return.Special Features:
- New locationMollyDined on 8/22/2014The new location is beautiful....food was great as always...wait staff was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmeltravelerCarmeltravelerVIPDined on 8/22/2014The other people in my party said that their steaks were good, but my fish was still cold after it had been sent back. They took it off our bill. But I was disappointed that one of the healthier items on the menu was poorly prepared or served...not certain which.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShannaVIPDined on 8/20/2014My steak was very over cooked - ordered it medium rare and got well done. How does a restaurant that specializes in steaks over cook it!!!! And this restaurant is super expensive......... not worth it. Stop for a drink and eat someplace else. Sorry Ruth's
- Opening nite b.dayHannahDined on 8/18/2014My birthday dinner coincided with the official restaurant opening....we had a blast! Had a comfortable booth for 5 college age kids & me. Staff fantastic, kept apologizing for slight delays...due to crowds, etc...in our opinion, no apologies necessary! Kudos to the g.m. For a job well done. Great vibe, beautiful decor. I will be visiting again soon & often....perhaps to catch a game or hear some music on the patio Only comment...shrimp appetizer. Not BBQ prepared? A bit too well doneSpecial Features:
- Great new spotSteveVIPDined on 8/18/2014Went on Monday opening night of new location. Restaurant looks awesome. Job well done. Great bar and nice, large patio outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The ribeye I had was overcooked and tough..everything else was fine. Service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningforpleasureDined on 7/25/2014Best bar for being with friends and for getting great friendly service. The food is so well prepared and pleasant to eat. We hope their new location is just as accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the crab cakesFoodloverDined on 7/19/2014We went to Ruth Chris's last week and were quite disappointed. It is possible that because they are moving to a new location next month they have just let things slide a bit. We ordered the wedge salad to start which was outstanding. The sides of asparagus and creamed spinach were also excellent. I'm sorry to say that the crab cakes were extremely disappointing. This is not what we expected from a restaurant of this caliber. They were absolutely mediocre and should be taken off the menu. The staff should go to Mesh on Mass Ave and try the crab cakes there which are in a league of their own at a lesser price. It was foolish to think we could go to this steakhouse and try something off the menu that was not steak. Bummer!!Special Features:
- Very tasty.ShinteetahVIPDined on 7/14/2014Server Nikolai was excellent. Steak was fantastic and chocolate souffle was happily replaced when it arrived not sufficiently warm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014Wonderful way to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cowboy Cut Bone-in RibeyeBlizaineDined on 7/5/2014You must get this steak when you go. I've had steak from every major high end steakhouse and this is the one I come back too. I even just had the Bone-in ribeye at CarneVino, which is the best rated steakhouse in Vegas (It's Mario Batali's restaurant). That ribeye was $144. And RC'd is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occassions!MetzDined on 6/30/2014We celebrated our 9th anniversary with a delicious dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The service was excellent and everyone made a fuss about our anniversary. The steaks were cooked to perfection and we definitely savored every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Have never had a bad experience with the quality of food. Favorite place for steak!!Special Features:
- Anniversary diningBestnewplaceDined on 6/24/2014We visited Ruth Chris for our anniversary. Every member of the wait staff that served us wished us happy anniversary and called by name. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a good place for steakSteakFansDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I were very pleased with this dining experience. The food was prepared just as we had ordered. The salads were fresh and the steaks cooked to our preferences. The wait staff and management made their rounds to ensure we were well serviced. Maybe one too many times. Most likely due to our early reservation to avoid the issues of an overcrowded steak house. Overall, a very good dining experience. Ruth's Chris is still a good place for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.