Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
2727 E. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisindy.com/
- Phone: 3178441155x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens daily at 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Weiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Chris now offers off-site catering by renowned chef Eddie Weiss. Please call Lori Seefeldt at (317) 844.1155 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis Northside offers private pace for groups from 6 to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Seefeldt 3178441155x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis Northside, conveniently located at 86th & Keystone, offers a warm & elegant atmosphere with a staff that caters to your every need only to be matched by the highest quality food & wine list in town. At 16,500 square feet, it seats 500 diners in a multi-level indoor/outdoor space that includes a dining room fireplace, two private dining rooms/event spaces and a 36-seat bar opening to a 3,000-square-foot patio. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for 2, an important business dinner or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (40)notable wine list (39)romantic (37)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- New location - same great foodIndyDinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014The new Ruth's is beautiful on the first floor. Unfortunately we were seated upstairs which reminds one of a banquet room at a hotel. The service was wonderful as was the food (my husband was so happy to see the fried oysters back on the menu & the Halibut special was terrific). We just did not like the ambiance of the upstairs after we had already sat on the first floor on another occasion there. The first floor is beautiful and more vibrant, but either place you'll get the same high quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked everything but the plateFlawLESSVIPDined on 10/17/2014Everything as expected for a Ruth's Chris. It was a nice, luxe experience. Pleasant surprise--they were clearing out wine cellar and had $200+ bottles for $100. Some bottles for as low as $25. Ask if there are any wines they're clearing out to score savings. The only part of the meal that wasn't great ended up being the signature 500-degree plate. My selection was very thick, so it was fine on the hot plate. However, one person in our foursome ordered a ribeye. It was on the thin side. When brought to the table, it was to temp (medium-rare). However, as she ate, the steak continued to cook, and about twenty minutes later, there wasn't any pink left in it at all! She was disappointed and bagged it for her dog. Stick with thick cuts.Special Features:
- Great Move to A New LocationYKEliteDined on 10/16/2014The Northside Ruth's Chris has always been a hotspot but in the new location at Ironworks this team has taken it to a whole new level. Beautiful new space, purpose built for their needs. Great staff, great bar and the convenience of complementary valet parking out front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mr. And The Mrs.ReviewerVIPDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was new and extremely busy.....we had a large party and we're celebrating a birthday. My friend had told the hostess and the server who Both forgot the special occasion. They gave the birthday girl a gift certificate in condolences of their forgetfulness, but I'm unsure she will use it. The server was extremely slow, I think we waited over 30 minutes before we were able to order appetizers....the food was extremely hot, and the sides were ok. We asked the waiter for suggestions for the sides but he couldn't give us any specific ones to choose??? Not sure if we will go back?? We didn't venture into the bar, but could see the televisions from our table... Slightly irritating when your trying to have a nice dinner.....
- Good enough, but no more.NotafanVIPDined on 10/9/2014If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'll go somewhere better.
- Not ImpressedjojoDined on 10/5/2014Steak was burnt on the outside and our calamari was soggy. Our server was great. For a steakhouse I am disappointed. For the price it definitely wasn't worth it.
- First time at new locationSuzyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Love the building! Food was very good. After ordering, the food was slow coming out, but enjoyed visiting with our friends.Special Features:
- Good experienceMayorDined on 10/3/2014Service and atmosphere were excellent. Food was good but seafood was over cooked, dried out and tough.Special Features:
- Average ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014The food was great but the service was too slow & we had to ask for most everything twice.Special Features:
- Always a fine mealmilan73mgbDined on 9/27/2014Ruth's Chris food and service are always regal. The staff will cater to every reasonable whim. Food is perfectly prepared and the wine list always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new locationGns11197Dined on 9/27/2014What they have done with the new location is outstanding. Same great service with food to match. A must see, and enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ny2eatDined on 9/27/2014As compared to their old Location the service was poor, plates came out hot but steaks were cold. Took so long to bring new steak, everyone else was done eating. Made no attempt to rectify. Asked for children's menu, which they said they offered, prior to the reservation, but when seated, gave children adult menus. Charges were double what was a normal bill at the old location. Will not return. Sullivan's know how to treat their returning guests. Guest should not have to cover the cost of new high end lease all in first six months!
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had to ask if someone would take our order as server didn't come back after taking wine and appetizer order. Gnats swarming around wine glasses throughout evening (mentioned to server). Steak ordered butterfly, well-done; had to return to kitchen to cook more as it wasn't well-done (still rather pink inside). Did receive two free desserts for inconveniences. Suggest doing individual sides rather than offering family-style. Not always going to have same tastebuds as table mates so makes deciding sides that much more difficult; ie, not everyone gets what they want or you just have to pay extra for more sides.Special Features:
- Better but louder.wsroadkingVIPDined on 9/26/2014Same impeccable food and service but quite a bit more noise. Would take away from the "romantic" elegance for me. It is still an awesome place don't get me wrong, just not as quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!PdupreeDined on 9/22/2014The new location is fantastic! It is the largest the country. The food was absolutely amazing. We had the filet, NY strip, and the pork chops for dinner. All were cooked to perfection. I can't wait to go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014First time dining at new location. Very good food and service but had to move tables due to numerous gnats pestering our first table. Waiter noticed and offered to move us to table in another room which was much better. Waiter also gave us a complimentary desert for our trouble. Other than the wine ordered being two years younger than as listed on the wine list, new location, service and food was great.Special Features:
- In With The NewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Ruth's Chris never disappoints. We five diners were anxious to visit the new location and certainly were not disappointed. Although a bit concerned about the noise level upon entering, we found the actual dining area to be quiet and very relaxed. An abundance of wait staff and the roaming restaurant manager made sure that our experience with them was close to perfect. The restaurant was fully booked, yet our service was unrushed and attentive. We went in extremely hungry and left with fare for the next day. Portions are generous yet not huge and their side dishes are the best. Don't forget to order the sweet potatoes with maple syrup and pecan crust. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location!MaphDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful new digs for Indy northeast Ruth's Chris. Fabulous steak! Great service. Always fun for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Super eveningluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Our server was amazing. He was super friendly, but not pushy, very knowledgeable regarding wine and menu. The service and food was wonderful. We loved the new location and the ambience inside. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - noisy barDGrayDined on 9/12/2014Food and service were excellent as always. The new location is very upscale and tastefully designed but the noise level in the bar area is very loud to the point where conversation is difficult when it's crowded. That noise level is expected in a Broad Ripple night spot but not what we expect in a first class steakhouse atmosphere. The noise level at our dining table was moderate-quiet so dining was quite pleasant. The steaks were perfection and that's what we went for. We ordered the shoestring potatoes as a side and they were crisp and flavorful but it seems such a waste to make the only option a $9 side dish with enough quantity for 4 or 5 people. We ate less than half of them - can't imagine the wasted food that is discarded nightly.Special Features:
- business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Went here with a colleague. It is sometimes weird to be asked if we are celebrating an anniversary. Some business folks could be slightly embarrassed by that assumption. Food was great! They had a special where we could buy a bottle and take a bottle which I liked. Went to the bar after and that was fun atmosphere. I recommend for folks over 21 here. Great night spot to grab a drink and meet up with friends.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/11/2014We requested a quite dining room (as opposed to the very noisy bar) and we were seated in the Wine Room which was perfect. We had some difficulty "communicating" with our original waiter on several items so requested a change and were immediately accommodated. From then on we were treated like royalty and received complimentary desserts and champagne since we were celebrating 60th wedding anniversaries. The Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Gotta Check It Outfoodie2VIPDined on 9/11/2014The new Ruth Chris is really nice, atmosphere, food, service and drinks all exceeded our expectations. Great bar scene!! You gotta check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerArenrathDined on 9/10/2014This was our first vist to the new northside location. Same great food and service and the new facility is very nice. We have traveled quite a bit and have never found a better filet than the one served here. Add a salad, a sweet potatoe casserole, and a vegtable and you have a unbeatable dining experience. There is an extensive wine list to choose from. Desserts are excellent as well. We usually take ours home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One in not Best Restaurant in Indy.RocketDined on 9/8/2014The food is then best and the service is exceptional. My wife insists on dinner for all special occasions, birthday, anniversary, mothers day, valentines day etc.Special Features:
- Need to work on serviceFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014We are huge RC fans- so much that we went to closing night of old location and couldn't wait for the new. Got there and they said they couldn't guarantee our request for bar seating since we booked through Open Table (3 weeks in advance BTW). We ended up outside and while nice- the service was unacceptable - waited 30 mins for a bottle of wine. 20 for the second. Appetizers came before our drinks.Overall waited 50 mins for appetizers/drinks. The steaks were great so that salvaged what was a supposed to be a very special occasion. No apologies or make good from anyone even though our bill was over $600.00. for 4. Disappointing. Definately need to work out service at the new location- always had great service in the past hope it changes.Special Features:
- Medium is now RareOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at the new location twice now, and each time, our steaks, which we ordered at medium temperature were delivered to our table on the rare side of medium.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceLostwaterVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have always considered Ruth Chris to be one of the top Steakhouses in Indy. Unfortunately they are suffing growing pains in their new location. Food was excellent service is extremely poor. We had a table of 7 waiter forgot to bring my salad. When we asked for it he said he would be right back but never came back instead our steaks came out. Asked for a glass of wine with dinner. Wine was brought out when the dessert menus hit the table. Through out the evening waiter never can to check table. He was simply the order laker. He and his serving team were not on the same page. I will wait until they get their act together prior to recommending the new Ruth Chris iotacation. Time will tell if you pay top dollar you expect top service.Special Features:
- Steak PreparationJohnDined on 9/6/2014All steaks were prepared as requested. Unfortunately all had too much salt which detracted from the meat itself. Hash Brown potatoes were hot but were topped with cheese and something else that was not described on the menu. Could have done without the toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical Ruth's experiencesamreviewsDined on 9/5/2014When you think of Ruth's, most think of a classic steakhouse ambiance with impeccable service. The new location at 86th/Keystone was a huge disappointment. From the beginning, the service was not what we have come to know and expect. Reservation was for 8:15; arrived at 8:10 and was told it'd be a few minutes until our table is ready - no biggie. So we went to the bar to grab a glass of wine. After standing at the bar for ~15 minutes with no service, checked back in w/ hostess at 8:25 - table still not ready, but the hostess suggested we head to the "quieter" bar upstairs. Finally sat at 8:45. The ambiance was not your classic steakhouse atmosphere. It felt like we were in a loud trendy bar. Next time, we will go to the downtown location.Special Features:
- Great New Location for RC North!MargariteVIPDined on 9/5/2014Have dined frequently at the previous location of Ruth's Chris North....(as well as downtown).... Love love love this new location - Great restaurant with 2 vibrant bars!!.... and one of our favorite servers from the bar in the old location has returned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, great steakSnapFoodLoveDined on 9/5/2014Filet was delicious! Broccoli was dynamite. Hash browns and mushrooms were average. Caprese and Chopped salads were great! The drink menu offers a large variety, and the drinks are named with a northside Indy spin, like the Caramel Housewife, too funny! The two story, two bar venue is beautiful, roomy and full of stylish decor. Servers and staff are knowledgable and eager to help! I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Could be 5 Stars, If Not For ...LisaDined on 9/4/2014My friends and I dined out on the patio at the new location. Nice summer night on the pretty stone patio: comfy, outdoor seating for those relaxing with drinks; tables for diners; and live music. Staff - attentive. Food/wine - great. All good until it got dark outside. That's when two old-time lamp posts flanking either end of the patio were turned on. I happened to be facing one of the lamp posts. The lights were so bright, I could not see my friend sitting directly across from me. We asked the waiter if the lights could be dimmed. He went to check, but nothing happened. Most of the meal, my face was in a bright spotlight. Ugh - I had a headache by the time we left. Someone did come by as were paying and removed a couple bulbs. Too late.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/3/2014Our table was upstairs. This area is fine for groups but I was disappointed to be seated there for a romantic anniversary dinner. Would have preferred a more intimate tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!IndyDined on 9/3/2014Beautiful new facility. Top notch customer service. Unwavering food quality. You still can't beat a steak at Ruth'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still have some kinks to work outSteakloverDined on 8/31/2014Went to celebrate son's 16th birthday. Two of the four steaks were scorched on one side and under cooked on the other. Sent one back and new steak was rare when we ordered medium. Ruined whole evening. For a steakhouse and price point, should be able to prepare the steak accordingly to how it is ordered.
- Professional ManagementRobertVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very impressed with the new building. We dined Sat. night with full house and the restaurant did not overbook. We were couple seated at 6 person booth in bar. The waitress Jessica was very professional and not try to turn table. Food excellent. Made future reservation when we left. Please not the restaurant has valet parking, bring your Lambo.Special Features:
- ForgottenBMJoeDined on 8/27/2014Placed in a private room! Wow! Not every server in the place was grabbing wine from that room! Annoying! 45 minutes later I had to ask the hostess for a server. 6 top 900.00 in wine and two of our steaks over cooked, second time around only one was over cooked, both were taken off the bill, not the servers faults. Wines where great.. Should have just drank!!!!Special Features:
- Great food a little slow on seatingrobertbakerDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed the experience. The bar is noisy when the music is undoes but it doesn't carry over to the dining rooms. We had a reservation and arrived in time. However we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. We were offered bar seating but it was an anniversary dinner and we wanted to be able to talk without distraction. The barstools were occupied so we had to stand in a very busy waiting area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaybirthdayboyDined on 8/26/2014Went to Ruth's Chris for my Birthday. The restaurant décor was nice and the food was wonderful!!!! Got the fillet and crab combination with a side of creamed spinach. The steak was tender and seasoned just right with just a little salt a pepper. Not too much like other restaurants. Got a Crème Brule for dessert and it was great. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the meal. Would highly recommend Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.