Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook
933 Skokie Blvd.
Renaissance North Shore Hotel
Northbrook, IL 60062Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7199/Northbrook
- Phone: (847) 498-6889
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Sergio Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Northbrook, IL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House now offers four elegant private dining rooms designed to fit the needs for both quiet business dinners and extravagant social affairs.
Our front two private dining rooms each offer a secluded round table that seats up to 11 guests in a private room with doors that close.
Our Terrace seats up to 42 guests in round tables and can seat up to 30 guests at one large conference-style table. Room is equipped for A/V.
Our Sunset Dining room seats a maximum of 65 guests for social events and up to 50 for presentations and seminars. Call Erin at 847-498-6889 to check availability for your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Erin Moriarty 8887223026
- Special Events: Our Northbrook restaurant hosts many special events including wine pairing dinners, small-batch spirits release dinners, and many other pairings to fit the season. Call or email us to get onto our mailing list of special events, quarterly wine dinners and tastings.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Northbrook, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook - Best Restaurants in Northbrook ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (41)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nope -no more chancesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/21/2014Came in to a sparsely populated restaurant, and were seated by the bus boy's stand. Bus boys pushed behind us during the entire meal. We received no bread. Steaks were blood rare, even though medium was requested. The famous sweet potato casserole was dry, and the asparagus cold. Our server stood one table away and polished wine glasses while our water glasses sat empty. We'll go down the street to Mortons next time.
- Fabulous SteakscooterDined on 11/21/2014We had a nice evening, the waiter was not the greatest, but okay . forgot part of the order,needed to ask for refrills, but in the long run , it was a great meal . The food was great . The steak and sides outstanding. The general manager and management staff were present asking if everything was fine. I must say that the host staff, outstanding and so formal. very welcoming and professional. Look forward to my next vistit..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wyrmanDined on 11/18/2014food and service was outstanding. Kellie was our server and she is always excellent. One of the best bone in filets in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatfoodiefromtheKDined on 11/15/2014Everything was great. The food and ambiance was perfect and the food tasted amazing. I really enjoyed this place and so did my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014This was an amazing choice for celebrating our anniversary. The food was delicious. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was amazing. We will definitely be returning before our next anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gratifiedbabygirlDined on 11/8/2014I enjoy myself every, food & staff every time I dine at Ruth Chris:)!!!Special Features:
- The. Best. Steak. Period.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/7/2014I live nearby, and my wife and I love the food here. We are foodies, but we also can appreciate a perfectly cooked steak with TONS of flavor and the most amazing sides! We are fortunate to live nearby, and it is too bad that the best Steak in Chicago (and Ive tried them all) is all the way in Northbrook. Be back soon!Special Features:
- Best Steak in the WorldLucy8438VIPDined on 11/7/2014I love Ruth's Chris more than any other steakhouse in Chicago. The food is always amazing and my boyfriend loved his birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot On In NorthbrookOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2014what a great spot in Northbrook. This is a well run steakhouse. Service and food could not have been better.Special Features:
- Excellent steakhouse!HuckleberryDined on 10/30/2014We finally had an opportunity to try Ruth's Kris. We we not disappointed. It was excellent. We both had the fixed price 3 course dinner which seemed the way to go because a la carte would have been much more costly. I think the fixed price dinner was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Royal TreatmentSwanky4everVIPDined on 10/25/2014If you wish to spend an evening being pampered, pay Ruth's Chris a visit in Northbrook. Forget about downtown Chicago, the tourist, and the crowd of both tourists and traffic. Once you enter, you'll know what you're in for. You'll be greeted by a wonderful, friendly staff at the door and if you're fortunate to find a vacant space at the bar, you'll be treated like royalty. Once you sit for dinner, prepare yourself to experience a wonderful dinner prepared to perfection. This type of personal care and attention can only be accomplished by superb management without excessive micro managing. DO NOT TOUCH THE HOT PLATES! Enjoy it like we did. Gil & Laura PerezSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014This is our "go-to" spot for any special occasion. For us the location is very convenient and the steaks are terrific!Special Features:
- Meat was good and food was hotLuv2eatDined on 10/17/2014Service was excellent and very accommodating. We had a good a good dinner and a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutsatndingGradday1Dined on 10/17/2014This was a graduation and birthday day dinner fo our daughter, and we wanted a very special diniing experience. We made reservations weeks in advance indicating how we wanted the evening to go. From the time we were greated and until we walked out the door everything was perfect. The food, the servive and attention to detail was perfect. An experience she will not soon forget. FIVE STARS *****Special Features:
- ExcellentKshoesDined on 10/4/2014John and luis where truly the best. They made our evening with flawless service. Flex was there with water every time we took a sip. We thank Ruth's for a wonderf dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's ChrisDorcydbDined on 10/4/2014Always consistently excellent. This dinner was my 28th at Ruth's Chris! Love the steaks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014outstanding service and awesome steak 1st time customer and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris NorthbrookKiddieunctionVIPDined on 9/8/2014Ruth Chris in Northbrook is an outstanding restaurant. The steaks are the best that we've had and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my frequent dining spotsNeilDined on 9/6/2014The food is always good here and I love the fact that they offer great wines by the glass (Silver Oak). On this occasion they served one of the steaks a little overdone but responded excellently to my daughter pointing this out. The manager brought a replacement in double quick time and was really apologetic; first class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!RedheadDined on 9/2/2014From the valet parkers to dessert, Ruth's Chris is always good. We have never had a bad meal there. Salads are wonderful, steaks excellent, skinny fries, and creamed spinach yummy. Only one complaint - we like two thick slices of onion on the grill with our steak - they were done just right, but charging $8 for two slices of onion was ridiculous! Our waiter was marvelous - I believe his name was Modesto. It was a birthday evening and the birthday dessert was very nice..........Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary Dinner!1thomDined on 8/31/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Ruth Chris and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a restaurant. From the moment we arrived the service was impeccable and the food was out of this world. I told my wife how impressed I was with service and food and she agreed it was the best restaurant we have ever experienced.Special Features:
- DisappointingTeach2475Dined on 8/30/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and was very disappointed to see all of the IPhones and IPads on tables and people very casually dressed. I rated our service as fair because our server forgot a lot of things we asked for. She rectified it by buying us dessert, but overall I was disappointed with our experience. We were expecting a fine dining experience and just didn't feel like it was up to par. I would not go back to this location.Special Features:
- Michael's BirthdayBkl33Dined on 8/30/2014Ruth Chris....all you think about is the sizzling plates of meet! it melts in your mouth! we had three tender Ribeyes. two on the bone. they were all great. New for me was the Hash Browns. OMG! Cheese bacon and sour cream on top of crispy hash browns! our go to favorite Apps BBG shrimp and Seared Tuna a must! what a Birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fantastic experience!bbbbDined on 8/23/2014We can always count on Ruth Chris to deliver a wonderful meal with impeccable service. The restaurant is always quiet with a very elegant feeling. This is a neighborhood gem and is worth the price!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding food and service, as always! Nice place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best Filet Mignon aroundDandyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed cocktails, and one price menu options. Filet was cooked to order and meal was enjoyable. Waitress was attentive and constantly checked to make sure that we were satisfied with our selections. Will dine again at this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Fast ServicehdeneaseVIPDined on 8/16/2014I don't typically expect or want fast service at a restaurant like Ruth Chris, but I felt a little rushed this experience. I have been to this location before though and been fine so perhaps it was just a one off experience. The food was very good well prepared and delicious. My water glass did not remain empty very long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyeatingVIPDined on 8/13/2014We love this restaurant! The steak, sweet potato casserole, and shoe string fries are our favorite!! The wait staff is always great as well!!!!Special Features:
- Bad Valuebirthday1Dined on 8/9/2014Ruth's Chris is now a poor choice. The food you get for the amount it costs is not worth it. The food was ok but not 300.00. There are too many other locally owned restaurants that are a much better value. For 3 people we spent 300.00 and one of us did not have any cocktails. The Ruth's Classics have gone up in price while also shrunk in amount and quality. There are restaurants such as Hole in the Wall or Geja's that are a much better value.Special Features:
- Dependably GreatMarewarDined on 8/9/2014Ruth's Chris is always great. Their service is impeccable. They always make special occasions more special. The food is superb and the employees are so well trained and so polite and friendly. I highly recommend this spot!Special Features:
- anniversary dinneranniversaryDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner this year as much as last year. Food, service and atmosphere were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzzyloVIPDined on 8/8/2014Love this restaurant!! Always celebrate special occasions at Ruth's Chris. Wonderful food, outstanding service.Special Features:
- ALWAYS OUTSTANDINGsatisfiedDined on 8/7/2014YOU JUST CAN NOT GO WRONG HERE. THE RIBEYE IS TO DIE FOR AND FRIEND HAD THE SCALLOPS...TOO WONDERFULSpecial Features:
- Special eventDavidVIPDined on 8/6/2014Caught up with a former coworker to celebrate a belated birthday. We had an amazing dinner and great service. I look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointJDMEGAVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were out celebrating an anniversary, and Ruth's Chris was fantastic again. From the subtle table decorations for the anniversary, to the cocktails, to the food, our experience was as good as it always is. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 566 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook reviews archive.
- Great serviceBNO5VIPDined on 7/26/2014The service was wonderful, but the food was just good. We have dined at several similar restaurants, and sadly this was not as good. The prices are sky high, and therefore the food should be much, much better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding. The presentation of the entrees was a little disappointing ... just the steak or fish on a simple plate.Special Features:
- Another birthday passesMbrottVIPDined on 7/24/2014Came to celebrate another birthday for the twins and it was a nice quiet Thursday. I'm not a huge steak lover but I do love the stuffed chicken. It's just amazing how stuffed the chicken is varies. This was the least stuffed of them all. Otherwise all the steaks were A+++ cooked as wanted, salads, crab cakes and sides Perfect. I just wished the stuffed chicken was always stuffed the same because it is a favorite. We will still be back.
- Special OccasionIvyousDined on 7/19/2014I had not had the opportunity to eat at the restaurant before. We were travelling out of town and it was my fiance's birthday. He wanted seafood and steak and it was right next door to our hotel. We ate every bite on our plates all the way down to the salad. It was delightful and I can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tolucabirdVIPDined on 7/18/2014The lobster was very dry. They brought another one, but it was not much better. The waitress said, "The kitchen has cooked several dry lobster tonight. You were not alone." No reduction in bill, just pay a lot of $$$$$ for dry lobster. All of the rest of the food, steak and shrimp, were outstanding.