Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook
933 Skokie Blvd.
Renaissance North Shore Hotel
Northbrook, IL 60062Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7199/Northbrook
- Phone: 8474986889
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Sergio Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Northbrook, IL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House now offers four elegant private dining rooms designed to fit the needs for both quiet business dinners and extravagant social affairs.
Our front two private dining rooms each offer a secluded round table that seats up to 11 guests in a private room with doors that close.
Our Terrace seats up to 42 guests in round tables and can seat up to 30 guests at one large conference-style table. Room is equipped for A/V.
Our Sunset Dining room seats a maximum of 65 guests for social events and up to 50 for presentations and seminars. Call Erin at 847-498-6889 to check availability for your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Erin Moriarty 8887223026
- Special Events: Our Northbrook restaurant hosts many special events including wine pairing dinners, small-batch spirits release dinners, and many other pairings to fit the season. Call or email us to get onto our mailing list of special events, quarterly wine dinners and tastings.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Northbrook, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook - Best Restaurants in Northbrook ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (33)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014outstanding service and awesome steak 1st time customer and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris NorthbrookKiddieunctionVIPDined on 9/8/2014Ruth Chris in Northbrook is an outstanding restaurant. The steaks are the best that we've had and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my frequent dining spotsNeilDined on 9/6/2014The food is always good here and I love the fact that they offer great wines by the glass (Silver Oak). On this occasion they served one of the steaks a little overdone but responded excellently to my daughter pointing this out. The manager brought a replacement in double quick time and was really apologetic; first class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!RedheadDined on 9/2/2014From the valet parkers to dessert, Ruth's Chris is always good. We have never had a bad meal there. Salads are wonderful, steaks excellent, skinny fries, and creamed spinach yummy. Only one complaint - we like two thick slices of onion on the grill with our steak - they were done just right, but charging $8 for two slices of onion was ridiculous! Our waiter was marvelous - I believe his name was Modesto. It was a birthday evening and the birthday dessert was very nice..........Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary Dinner!1thomDined on 8/31/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Ruth Chris and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a restaurant. From the moment we arrived the service was impeccable and the food was out of this world. I told my wife how impressed I was with service and food and she agreed it was the best restaurant we have ever experienced.Special Features:
- DisappointingTeach2475Dined on 8/30/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and was very disappointed to see all of the IPhones and IPads on tables and people very casually dressed. I rated our service as fair because our server forgot a lot of things we asked for. She rectified it by buying us dessert, but overall I was disappointed with our experience. We were expecting a fine dining experience and just didn't feel like it was up to par. I would not go back to this location.Special Features:
- Michael's BirthdayBkl33Dined on 8/30/2014Ruth Chris....all you think about is the sizzling plates of meet! it melts in your mouth! we had three tender Ribeyes. two on the bone. they were all great. New for me was the Hash Browns. OMG! Cheese bacon and sour cream on top of crispy hash browns! our go to favorite Apps BBG shrimp and Seared Tuna a must! what a Birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fantastic experience!bbbbDined on 8/23/2014We can always count on Ruth Chris to deliver a wonderful meal with impeccable service. The restaurant is always quiet with a very elegant feeling. This is a neighborhood gem and is worth the price!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding food and service, as always! Nice place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best Filet Mignon aroundDandyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Enjoyed cocktails, and one price menu options. Filet was cooked to order and meal was enjoyable. Waitress was attentive and constantly checked to make sure that we were satisfied with our selections. Will dine again at this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Fast ServicehdeneaseVIPDined on 8/16/2014I don't typically expect or want fast service at a restaurant like Ruth Chris, but I felt a little rushed this experience. I have been to this location before though and been fine so perhaps it was just a one off experience. The food was very good well prepared and delicious. My water glass did not remain empty very long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyeatingVIPDined on 8/13/2014We love this restaurant! The steak, sweet potato casserole, and shoe string fries are our favorite!! The wait staff is always great as well!!!!Special Features:
- Bad Valuebirthday1Dined on 8/9/2014Ruth's Chris is now a poor choice. The food you get for the amount it costs is not worth it. The food was ok but not 300.00. There are too many other locally owned restaurants that are a much better value. For 3 people we spent 300.00 and one of us did not have any cocktails. The Ruth's Classics have gone up in price while also shrunk in amount and quality. There are restaurants such as Hole in the Wall or Geja's that are a much better value.Special Features:
- Dependably GreatMarewarDined on 8/9/2014Ruth's Chris is always great. Their service is impeccable. They always make special occasions more special. The food is superb and the employees are so well trained and so polite and friendly. I highly recommend this spot!Special Features:
- anniversary dinneranniversaryDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner this year as much as last year. Food, service and atmosphere were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzzyloVIPDined on 8/8/2014Love this restaurant!! Always celebrate special occasions at Ruth's Chris. Wonderful food, outstanding service.Special Features:
- ALWAYS OUTSTANDINGsatisfiedDined on 8/7/2014YOU JUST CAN NOT GO WRONG HERE. THE RIBEYE IS TO DIE FOR AND FRIEND HAD THE SCALLOPS...TOO WONDERFULSpecial Features:
- Special eventDavidVIPDined on 8/6/2014Caught up with a former coworker to celebrate a belated birthday. We had an amazing dinner and great service. I look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointJDMEGAVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were out celebrating an anniversary, and Ruth's Chris was fantastic again. From the subtle table decorations for the anniversary, to the cocktails, to the food, our experience was as good as it always is. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBNO5VIPDined on 7/26/2014The service was wonderful, but the food was just good. We have dined at several similar restaurants, and sadly this was not as good. The prices are sky high, and therefore the food should be much, much better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding. The presentation of the entrees was a little disappointing ... just the steak or fish on a simple plate.Special Features:
- Another birthday passesMbrottVIPDined on 7/24/2014Came to celebrate another birthday for the twins and it was a nice quiet Thursday. I'm not a huge steak lover but I do love the stuffed chicken. It's just amazing how stuffed the chicken is varies. This was the least stuffed of them all. Otherwise all the steaks were A+++ cooked as wanted, salads, crab cakes and sides Perfect. I just wished the stuffed chicken was always stuffed the same because it is a favorite. We will still be back.
- Special OccasionIvyousDined on 7/19/2014I had not had the opportunity to eat at the restaurant before. We were travelling out of town and it was my fiance's birthday. He wanted seafood and steak and it was right next door to our hotel. We ate every bite on our plates all the way down to the salad. It was delightful and I can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tolucabirdVIPDined on 7/18/2014The lobster was very dry. They brought another one, but it was not much better. The waitress said, "The kitchen has cooked several dry lobster tonight. You were not alone." No reduction in bill, just pay a lot of $$$$$ for dry lobster. All of the rest of the food, steak and shrimp, were outstanding.
- First time with disappointmentHappyatWildfireVIPDined on 7/16/2014We generally have gone to Ruth's Chris in South Barrington but since we were visiting the Chicago Botanic Garden with our daughter for her birthday, we opted for the Northbrook location. Our daughter prefers her steak with very little pink and ordered it accordingly. It was delivered medium rare, rather than medium well, perhaps the waiter mis-heard her order. She used the sizzling hot plate to further cook her steak but was clearly not happy with having to do so. She did not want us to wait while she waited for a reorder. I decided to try their skinny fries. They were not crisp nor did they stay hot for more than about 3 - 4 minutes. Live and learn I guess.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014This was our first time at Ruth's Chris. There are many steak options in suburban Chicago, but we have never eaten here before and decided to give it a try. Overall, the steak (NY Strip) was good and the service was great. We had 2 different servers and they were both very attentive. Overall, we enjoyed our night here.Special Features:
- The best steak on the north shore!LadieswholunchDined on 7/13/2014Excellent wine list,the best steak,great side choices, best service people, ambience perfect, highly recommended for any event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MamaBearDined on 7/6/2014Exceptional steaks, great service! Had a wonderful birthday celebration! Ask for extra butter!!Special Features:
- Can't hit temp on steaksFoodieDined on 7/5/2014Three if us dined and all 3 steaks were not cooked to correct temp. All three sent back. One came back correct, one came back over done slightly, and the other came back as leather that could not be eaten by us or our dog. Mgr took one of the three off the check. Thx but never again.
- Must try 5 starHawkDined on 6/28/2014This place rocks service food best on North shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!WenBezDined on 6/25/2014Went here to celebrate a friends birthday; everything was great from the confetti on the table to the service. Went on a Wednesday evening and the restaurant was busy, but service was excellent. The server was knowledgeable, attentive and made the experience an overall pleasure. Just to note: the restaurant is in a hotel, so parking can be an issue but valet is available.Special Features:
- Sometimes it is great to be a dadDavidVIPDined on 6/15/2014Father's day at Ruth's Chris is a pretty great way to celebrate. Service and food were wonderful. There were some prix fixe options that were nice to see. A great evening.Special Features:
- Great eveningRachelVIPDined on 6/14/2014WE went for our anniversary and had alerted the restaurant to this fact. We were greeted with anniversary wishes from all the staff. Our server was very attentive. Our steaks came just as ordered. We had the Ruth Classic which is a very good deal since it includes soup or salad, choice of entrees and choice of sides. We have been here before and will return again.Special Features:
- Consistently Fantastic!NeighborhooddinersDined on 6/14/2014We went for Father's Day. Ordered surf n' turf and traditional sides, plus escargot appetizer. Ruth's Chris is consistently fantastic in quality and service. They always deliver the food sizzling hot. We asked for a quiet table, we got a quiet table even on this busy weekend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Excellent food and service, without the extremely crowded and noisy table layout of other steakhouses. Hi prices, but that was expected. Will return.Special Features:
- Great timeRichieVIPDined on 6/6/2014Nice wine list, great menu and food to match. Service was very good. Will return soon.Special Features:
- The following 547 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Northbrook reviews archive.
- Excellent food and serviceTperlmanVIPDined on 5/31/2014We went for our son's annual birthday dinner - always Ruth's Chris - and as usual they came through. The table was decorated for his birthday and the food and services was superb as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experineceRtinocVIPDined on 5/31/2014The steak is always tender and cooked to perfection. Any time I have ate fish, it is very good as well. The list of wine is varied and you can always find the perfect wine for the occasion. Service is excellent. Consistency and quality across all Restaurants we have visited: Northbrook, IL; San Diego, CA & Saint Louis, MO.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris NorthbrookTeddyFoodieDined on 5/28/2014This restaurant was awesome. My wife and I have dined at many Ruth's Chris Steakhouses over the years, most all were excellent. This one certainly tops the list. We will definitely go back. The Mac and Cheese was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceCiboDined on 5/27/2014Food and service was good as always, but not great or excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.