Ruth's Chris Steak House - Niagara Falls
6455 Fallsview Blvd
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3V9Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Niagara Falls
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ruthschrisniagarafalls.com/
- Phone: 9053571199
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 2:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Patrick Pusiak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Offering a Prime Steak House experience to excite the senses, our private dining room is a perfect location for your gathering. We can accommodate anything from cocktail parties to sit-down dinners, our dedicated events team strives to serve up the best in quality and service for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Rosetta Snell 9053745109
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday and Saturday night only
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Niagara Falls
Our story began in 1965 when Ruth Fertel purchased "Chris Steak House" in New Orleans. Proudly adding her name to the original, Ruth"s Chris Steak House has since become renowned for providing and incredible Steak House experience. Our Prime USDA steaks are cooked to perfection in an 1800° broiler and served sizzling on a plate heated to 500° to lock in the delicious flavour. Our steaks may have made us famous but our southern roots and warm hospitality are equally memorable. With over 135 locations worldwide, our family of Steak Houses continues to offer extraordinary steaks, sides and desserts; prepared just as Ruth would have herself, with high quality, fresh ingredients, generous portions and that special homemade touch. So as our story continues to unfold, we invite you to be part of it and share in an unforgettable meal at Ruth's Chris Steak House in Niagara Falls Ontario.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Niagara Falls - Best Restaurants in Niagara Falls ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Niagara Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (18)special occasion (18)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Ruth's Chris Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014My friend and I had a lovely dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Niagara Falls. We spent the day touring wineries and then had a delicious dinner. The good, although pricy, didn't disappoint. I had the petit filet and it was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a nice steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Simple said - not the Ruth's Chris your typically accustomed to dining at. Customer Service: - poor at best - waited in lounge for 40 minutes with reservations on a slow evening - no one to offer drink service while waiting - overall customer care seemed very mechanical Quality: - Steak quality was not what I am used to being served from at a Ruth's Chris - no shoestring fries!!! Integrity: - Ruth's Chris Niagara website menu indicates shoestring fries. Typically a norm on my ordering and a popular side favorite for many.
- High Priced DisasterPortia02Dined on 8/2/2014More than disappointed with a restaurant which "looks" and DEFINITELY "bills" like a fine dining establishment. The only positive is the décor and ambiance. The food (especially steaks) were incredibly high-priced and quality just not worth it. I was talked out of ordering what I originally wanted by the server because "it wasn't the best meat". Overpriced wine --our choice was unavailable when we ordered it. The server was terrible -- she served a second bottle of wine and didn't remove the first until she was asked to do so, among other things. Presentation for food was unappealing with main courses being served on single plates. Had to ask for side dish for our sides. Our bill was an incredible $800 (for 4 people). Never again.Special Features:
- Nice evening!RustyDined on 7/22/2014We dined at Ruth Chris in Niagara Falls, Ontario and enjoyed a delicious meal. Alex was our gregarious server and was very friendly and attentive. The only negative was that it was a bit over-priced.Special Features:
- Too much money!!!!!TastykateDined on 7/7/2014I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. The prices are so outrageous as to be laughable. No piece of meat is that good. The only reason we didn't get up and leave the minute we saw the menu is because my husband is squeamish about leaving after being seated.
- 19th year anniversary dinneranniversaryDined on 6/30/2014Great food and service, steak was the best I've ever tasted. The complimentary dessert was a nice thought. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breezes2Dined on 6/30/2014Very expensive restaurant. Cheapest entree was $37. The taste is really good though. Your food is served on a plate that is 500 degree so that your food never goes cold. If it wasn't for the $70 voucher that I got from groupon I probably wouldn't have tried it. But I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodgoodlifeDined on 6/18/2014We went there knowing it was an expensive restaurant. The food was excellent but over priced by any standard. Drinks or a bottle of wine put it over the edge for pricing. The ambiance is very nice and the service excellent. The only reason I would not return is the price (even for a special occasion)Special Features:
- Best Steak I've Ever HadTyndareusDined on 6/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary here and were very impressed on many levels. The size of the restaurant is deceiving. It doesn't look like much from the road, but it is absolutely massive (they say it's the largest Ruth's Chris in the world). Despite the size of the restaurant, the way it's laid out allows for considerable privacy and a romantic experience. My wife and I split a Caesar salad, the porterhouse for two, the portabello mushroom side dish, and a crème brulée for dessert. The steak was truly exceptional. Cooked perfectly medium rare and delivered to the table on a sizzling plate with browned butter, the 40 ounce porterhouse looked almost as good as it tasted. I could cut the filet with a fork. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedrushedDined on 6/6/2014Very disappointed at how fasted they rushed us through the restaurant, even after we told them we were not in a rush. Our apps arrived before our cocktails. My cocktail had so much tonic in it, I could not taste the gin. It was a pity, we did not order more drinks or dessert based on the fact we did not want to get pushed out the door. So even though my son's meal had dessert included we decided to go elsewhere and enjoy a more relaxing dessert.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL FOOD AND SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014My husband and I went for your anniversary dinner. It was worth every penny spent. The service was excellent. I am very very pleased!Special Features:
- Filet was amazing!AlyRVIPDined on 5/23/2014Filet was cooked to perfection. Try the broccoli au gratin for a nice side to your steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersBobcavDined on 5/17/2014First time eating at Ruth Chris in Niagara. Service and food is as excetional as in the states.Special Features:
- Very good, but have had better.SkilletVIPDined on 5/12/2014We used a voucher from one of the hotels. FYI, vouchers do not cover any alcohol purchased. Everything there is very expensive ($67 for an 11oz filet), moreso than other Ruth Chris's. Service was pretty good, but wish they had told us that alcohol was not included on the voucher on the front end. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the sides and salads were good as well. The chocolate eruption cake was a little dry. All in all a good dinner, but I've been to better steakhouses for less money and probably wouldn't return to this one unless I had another voucher.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedGettingAwayFromItAllDined on 5/9/2014We made reservations at Ruth's Chris for a special occasion. The hostess walked us by multiple private tables to the main dining area. We were shown to a wobbly table for two in the center of the dining room. We asked to be reseated at a nearby booth and that became a whole production. Dinner for the most part was very good and the service was excellent. We both ordered surf and turf and both lobster tails were over cooked. We asked about the level of service which we were accustomed to at all other Ruth's restaurants that we have visited. There was only our waiter. There was no assistant waiter, person filling water glasses, etc. We were told that the management had cut staff dramatically to turn the bar into a night club.Special Features:
- The following 139 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Niagara Falls reviews archive.
- bad servicejustwantgoodfoodDined on 4/30/2014have been to Ruth Chris in Mississauga and it was excellent so figured it would be nice to go in NF - wrong. Actual restaurant was no where near as nice. Server was terrible - comments were inappropriate and rude. Service was very slow. They should say at their NF location that it is a sports bar not fine dining. People were wearing tshirts and running shoes - and watching the basketball game. Steaks were excellent - rest is highly overpriced and not that good.
- Excellent as always!abigllamaVIPDined on 4/28/2014Our server recommended a fantastic local wine. Everything was just perfect, start to finish. Always treat to come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedWanabetDined on 4/25/2014Our last meal on April 25th was as outstanding as every previous dining experience. I opted for the Prix Fix and was not disappointed. Our waitress, Chloe, recommended the lobster appetizer and it was as good, if not better, than she described it. Thanks again for a wonderful food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!LolaVIPDined on 4/22/2014No matter where you are...Ruth' Chris always delivers!Special Features:
- Horrible ServicekingronDined on 4/15/2014I was there celebrating my anniversary, Once seated we waited over 30 mins for our waiter, another family came in after us and got service, 15 mins later she came at that time we told her we no longer wanted to stay. She said fine and took our things and and angerly walked away. It was obvious that she didn't want to take our order and I refuse to spend my money in this place again!!Special Features:
- Great dining experience as alwaysDrSnufalasaurasVIPDined on 4/5/2014Get the steak or crab cakes! Ask for Kent. His service is amazing :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outSunshineDined on 3/30/2014My husband and I were on a much needed date night. This place was great for intimate dining and attentive service. The prices were much higher then what I would want for an a la carte menu but the food was superb. Quality and presentation were what made the prices seem more reasonable. Our waitress was a wonderful young woman that made the evening that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014We had dinner at Ruth's Chris in Niagara Falls. We both had fillet and the waiter recommended medium Vs medium rare that we wanted. We found the steak a little too tough to our liking though we enjoyed the ambience and the service. In my opinion, this branck of Ruth's Chris is overrated.Special Features:
- Unfairly ExpensiveMeatEaterInTODined on 3/23/2014If you've ever been to Ruth's Chris before, you know what to expect. Excellent steaks and excellent service. I've been to Ruth's many times before in TO and Mississauga. The big difference is Niagara is the PRICE!!! I had the Ribeye which was $14 more in Niagara than Toronto. The price increases are all over the menu...sides, desserts, drinks. I don't get it. This seems to be a common practice in Niagara Falls. Anyways, I won't go back to this Ruth's. Stick to Toronto for cheaper prices and better ambience.Special Features:
- BEST STEAK EVERLisaDined on 3/21/2014While a little expensive, the steak was the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food ....verrry priceyannodbooDined on 3/17/2014Wonderful food but it was probably the most expensive places we have eaten , including some upscale gourmet restaurants. We had a 8oz filet , a crabcake entrée , a veg , a potatoe , a salad and a bottle of wine($54 dollars -one of the most economical on menu) and the bill came to close to 300$ plus with tip ... No complaints about wait staff or food ,did not feel rushed at all , atmosphere was nice quiet but comfortable.... so save this for very special occasion Can't complain cause we knew going to the restaurant the costs ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite loud and a lot of walkingviviDined on 3/14/2014Quite loud and a lot of walking traffic for fine dining. Mixed group of customers with no dress code in this location.Special Features:
- disappointed2nothappyDined on 3/14/2014We mentioned to the hostess that It was our 49th wedding anniversary. She sat us next to a table for 8 (there was several empty tables elsewhere). When our food came, 4 adults and 4 children were seated at the table for 8 next to us...the food was delicious but with the noise it was difficult to enjoy our meal. I had stuffed chicken, my husband had steak, we halfed a potato, and drank water. Even though we had a $60.00 voucher from Four Points it cost us $65.00. We don't expect you to do anything about our disappointment. We don't even imagine you care.
- This restaurant was very contemporayumyumfoodDined on 3/11/2014This restaurant was very contemporary and chic. Excellent steaks and food. Service was less than wonderful. We had reservations and still had to wait awhile. Server was less than friendly when she realized we had a voucher. Food was very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome - beware of Canadian pricesJimPankDined on 3/6/2014We ate here two nights on a recent trip to the Falls. The food and service were top notch. Split the 40 oz. Porterhouse with my wife and it was terrific. Went with the chicken and crab cakes the second night. Also very good. Only caution is to beware of food prices in Canada. Ruths Chris is never inexpensive, but it's close to 50% more in Niagara and on top of the higher price, the local taxes are over 17%!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant and the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2014The restaurant and the ambiance is beautiful. Our server nick was amazing, very professional. It is however way way over priced.The food is good but not as good as the prices indicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Lovely ambiance.JinxDined on 2/28/2014Great food. Lovely ambiance. Very pricey. I got their 5 course meal with the prime rib. Evetything was delicious, large portions. Nect time we would split this between 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the steaks are great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014While the steaks are great, I have had better at a more reasonable cost in a more quiet and romantic restaurant. The waiter advised that we would be enjoying the best steak we'd ever eaten and was unprofessional when he asked us if they were the best and was truthfully told that the 5 star restaurant we usually chose was better. We expected a nice romantic evening out only to have 2 couples with very young, crying children seated next to us halfway through our meal. I feel they should try harder to keep any young children away from individual couples (3 couples in our section, and then they added the table with kids). We rushed through the remainder of our meal, and skipped desert to escape the noise. We will not return.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/15/2014First time at Ruth Chris and will definitely go back. Terrific food. I see complaints about the prices here and although it is expensive, the food is fantastic. You can also find many discount vouchers through the hotels nearby. Many restaurants in Niagara tend to disappoint I've found so I was skeptical especially with a chain restaurant, but they delivered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSpeeddemonDined on 2/9/2014Our Waitress "Alex" made our first time at this restaurant most pleasant by her advice and guidance through the menu, she is an asset to your company.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!LUV2EATDined on 2/7/2014We celebrated our 21 st Anniversary there; so it was a special occasion. The steaks were the best ever that I've tasted.!!! The plates were extremely hot, still sizzling as we were eating! The Caeser salad was very tasty; the loaded baked potato a little dry but still good. Definitely will return for another Special event [the prices were a little steep for our wallets]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerbassnutzDined on 2/7/2014We had a great night out for dinner the service was great and the food was amazing best steak I ever hadSpecial Features:
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2014Prices are exorbitant even with coupon hotel provides. They are much higher priced than any other Ruth Chris.
- Wonderful food and service.ExcellentVIPDined on 1/20/2014Wonderful food and service. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Much better than the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014I was here again due to the discount I had from staying in the Sheraton. It's still not my favourite place but it was much improved over my first visit shortly after it opened. It's still very overrated in my opinion, but the steaks are some of the best around. I enjoy the Keg as much or more. The staff were very organized and attentive as opposed to the first time, when staff were still burning themselves on the hot plates. Without a discount, I would not eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.