Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown
148 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3834/New-York-City/Manhattan
- Phone: 2122459600
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., DINNER: Monday 3:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., Tuesday - Thursday 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., Friday 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., Saturday 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in New York City, NY - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary party.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Melina 8776241927
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown
Ruth's Chris Steak House in New York, NY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (214)romantic (157)fit for foodies (99)good for groups (99)notable wine list (77)great for lunch (64)neighborhood gem (47)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (19)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Chris Ruth steakhouse!sg38Dined on 10/20/2014This place was a great find and I enjoy the whole atmosphere and service we receive on Monday night. I would recommend thisthis beautiful place RM to family and friends! The porterhouse and wine selection was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerHOWIEVIPDined on 10/18/2014They are always accomdating to customize our order needs as to preparationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frank & Andrew - Great ServiceNew2NYDined on 10/18/2014I chose this location for its distance to the theatre district for a pre show meal. I was very impressed with both my waiters Frank and Andrew. When we established that we had a 8pm show to attend, they both made sure our meals arrived promptly and with the added convenience of bringing the bill at the same time as our meals. This made the meal enjoyable as there was no stress nor rush. I have to say my cut of steak was also very well cooked and i enjoyed it thoroughly. I would recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House as an energetic and delicious, stress free place to visit for those wanting a great meal & wonderful service before an evening show in the city
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We went to celebrate my wife's 40th. Our server went above and beyond to make our experience a great one. amazing food as well. totally recommend for anyone celebrating a special occasion or just wanting a great night out. Also, right down the street from the Gershwin Theatre.. walking distance in high heels lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, wonderful food;MikeTDined on 10/16/2014Karen was great and the rest of the team provided perfect service. The seared tuna starter was delicious but the steak trumped it in flavor and preparation. I would recommend both and the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyDined on 10/16/2014Service was excellent. Recommendations by wait staff was appropriate as we had to be at a play. Steaks were cooked perfectly, salad was split for two. Sound level was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceNYCFoodieDined on 10/15/2014Great food as always. But the service was not great. Waited forever for a menu. The waiter had an attitude. Not what I'm used to dining out. If you go to this plce be mindful of the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAKSMalkoDined on 10/14/2014It's been a very long time that we had not eaten such a good T Bone and sirloin. Wine List exhaustive and Very God Wine sold also by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Luncheatnbe7Dined on 10/14/2014Very comfortable restaurant. Great food and service. Old fashioned interest by the staff on how we were enjoying ourselves!Special Features:
- Post theater surf and turfNkeslakeDined on 10/12/2014Excellent service! Delicious lobster and steak combo. It was a solid, very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy once again!MrsQDined on 10/11/2014Had our anniversary dinner here again. Food and service were great as usual. Looking forward to coming back soon.Special Features:
- A perfect eveningNJDREWDined on 10/11/2014We simply enjoyed a fabulous evening. Service, food, atmosphere and even the music playing softly in the background provided for a beautiful anniversary celebration. The bone in filet migon was delicious and cooked to absolute perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Great time good food and drinks I had the best waiter he made sure we was good our entire time and then patron margaritas was on point...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Ruth's ChrisSuzyQDined on 10/4/2014Our first time at this location! Loved the ambiance and the service and food was amazing as usual! Per our reservation comments, they even decorated our table for my birthday! Only complaint, wish the chilean sea bass was on the menu like at the Garden City location. We loved our petite filets and scallops. Delicious and we had a wonderful evening at the restaurant. Hope to go back soon!Special Features:
- good steakhouse for a chainsharkfinDined on 10/3/2014We are used to dry-aged steaks/steak houses and I have to say the steaks were cooked well, appetizers were great esp the calamari. Drinks were a big plus, I liked the coconut ginger lemon martini. Good food for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst meal ever at Ruth's ChrisNanaVIPDined on 10/1/2014Not only was the service way below their standards, but they served a filet which was full of connective tissue and partially not edible. The waiter paid no attention to us and never offered ground pepper for the salads. By the time he came by to check and return the steak to the kitchen, it was way too late. After being at Ruth's Chris for probably 100 times, this was extremely disappointing.
- Great Service, Steak was excellentbobgsbDined on 9/29/2014The server was great and explained everything to my wife who had never been to this restaurant and didn't know how things worked as far as sides. He recommended very good wines and as I said the steaks were done to perfection and were delicious. One area which could have used improvement was the mashed potatoes which were was not very tasty and needed something. Another area which I was totally annoyed about which was not the restaurants fault was a dining neighbor who could not complete a sentence without a curse word or an F-bomb. Again not the restaurants fault! I told the server about it after the couple left and he provided us with a complimentary desert which was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip the ribeyekasnjDined on 9/26/2014HAve eaten at this chain in other cities, always ordered the petit filet. Tonight tried the 12 oz ribeye which was a disappointment. It was dry and lacked the usual ribeye flavor. (My ribeyes on the grill at home are better). Next time will go back to the filet.Special Features:
- Seasonal Menu is a steal.timmmykVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had great service and the seasonal menu is definitely worth it for 3 courses. We chose salads, filet and lobster tails with potatoes and asparagus sides. It was my husband's birthday so the staff presented him with a special birthday creme brulee which was enormous. we had star glitter on the table and a candle in the flan. Apps, mains wines and desserts were all well worth it and made better by our server.Special Features:
- Too ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/25/2014why does a restaurant needs to be so cold. of course I hate when it is too hot, but in this case I thought I was in a frige. PLEASE lower the A/C. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Nice Steak houseOvianDined on 9/24/2014We were very happy with the food and service.I just find the sauce of my salad a little have like it was but in a market. I didn't feel as a gourmet sauce. But the meat was very nice.Special Features:
- Good foodbarryVIPDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I had the 3 course meals for 43 dollars. The salad and corn chowder soup were delicious. I had the 6oz fillet and shrimp which were very good but the fillet is small. Suggest they include the 12oz ribeye or even a 8 oz ribeye for 43. For dessert,I had 1 scoop of ice cream instead of the cinnamon cheesecake which doesn't agree with me. I hope this is not the ala carte portion they charge 7.50 for ice cream. I would be unhappy if they only give me 1 scoopSpecial Features:
- Always top notchLBNYfoodloverDined on 9/20/2014The filet mignon is always fabulous. The sweet potato casserole is one of my favorite side dishes. All of the sides are delicious as well. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureNYCnativeVIPDined on 9/20/2014It was the wife's B' day and we were a bit late after a Broadway show but were sited immediately. All I can say is that my family have visited RC in various states and we are pleased to say that in a city like ours only the top contenders can survive in the Steakhouse game. Ruth's Chris Steak House doesn't have one item in their menu they haven't mastered. Their appetizers are all great, the crabtini is served in that martini glass but my favorites are the ahi tuna and the specie lobster. We ordered the porterhouse with a side of fries and creamed spinach ('cause that's how we natives do it) - I don't think the kitchen could have been better that evening! Thank You for great meal RC!Special Features:
- NYC must for great foodBrooklynbillDined on 9/13/2014The food is always good, been there at least annually for past 12 years. The corn chowder was delicious and the steaks are always cooked to perfection. The servers are always polite and courteous. It is a good place to go for a special occasion or just to out for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & steakRomeoBravoDined on 9/3/2014Can't go wrong here. The food and service are on point. The decor is a little dated - feels like "the old boys" clubs of NYC. as a thirty something it feels slightly dated but the food & service again make up for it in spades.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014I have dined at many of their restaurants and continue to shine in terms of quality of food, service and overall excellent expierence. If you want to go to a top quality steakhouse, I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Top notch steakhouseCharlieRock007Dined on 8/30/2014One of the best steakhouse I've been. Service was great. My waiter Michael was very professional and did an excellent job. Ambiance was superb. Noise level was perfect for a date and It doesn't break the bank. I would definitly revisitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant to visit when in NY but this time it was not the same. Not trying to slam them or anything like that, it just was not the same starting with the server (not very friendly). My partner steak arrived cold however the server set the overall dining experience for us.
- Wonderful.sunnyhunnyDined on 8/23/2014Best steak I've ever had. Melted in my mouth. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- LobstergallobstergalVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food and service at this location is consistently good! We always enjoy eating here when visiting the theater district. Steaks are cooked to your specifications and sizzling hot! Staff is helpful and cordial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Ruth ChrisLOVEITDined on 8/21/2014Great food & service! delicious as ever!!! Service is wonderful, fast, and pleasant...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014The food was awesome but the waiter lacked attention for the overall price of the meal...He only checked back once when the meal came out to ask about how the steak was prepared...We had to wait for him to go by to get a second round of drinks...He was polite and professional just not attentive..
- Service is better than foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014After reading surveys in different websites we decided for this famous restaurant. Service was great differently from what I read on trip Advisor but the level of the meat was lower than my expectation. A bit nervous, fat ands with too butter T-bone steak. The NY strip was the sameSpecial Features:
- Never Disappoints!Gcomeau01VIPDined on 8/17/2014I went with 7 friends, 4 from London and 2 from Manhattan, on a Sunday evening for dinner. All four friends from the UK said it was absolutely the BEST steak they've ever had. Their adding it on the "MUST DO" list for their next trip. My two friends also felt the same way. Ruth's Chris is so well run. ALL the staff is so friendly and "normal". None of the crabby waiters who have been waiting for 30 years and hate people and need you to "move along" so they can refill the table. It's truly the only steakhouse in Manhattan I'd ever go to. I can't say enough about it! Going again next week!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Great as usual. Would recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Melts in your mouthYummyinmytummyDined on 8/15/2014We were immediately seated with 6pm reservation. Wait staff was all very polite and prompt. Food was excellent. Ordered the Ruth classics and the filet was perfectly cooked. It was so tender, I hardly needed to chew. It just melted. Sooooo delicious. Ambience was nice and it was mostly quiet. Probably due to the early dinner crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBillyDined on 8/15/2014The food was very good it's great for great dinning I will be back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good lunchfooodeeeeDined on 8/15/2014went for lunch for restaurant week and enjoyed the entire meal. the steak was delicious the food lives up to it's bragging rites. the ambiance could be better for midtown manhattan it should be a little more swanky or up to date that's just how i feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeliaDined on 8/15/2014The resturant and food was great. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato casserole was amazing and the lousiana soup was quite tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.