Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown
148 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3834/New-York-City/Manhattan
- Phone: 2122459600
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., DINNER: Monday 3:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., Tuesday - Thursday 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., Friday 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., Saturday 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in New York City, NY - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary party.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Melina 8776241927
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown
Ruth's Chris Steak House in New York, NY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New York City - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
333 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (218)romantic (162)good for groups (99)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (91)great for lunch (64)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (37)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (21)late-night find (20)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Top notch steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014One of the best steakhouse I've been. Service was great. My waiter Michael was very professional and did an excellent job. Ambiance was superb. Noise level was perfect for a date and It doesn't break the bank. I would definitly revisitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant to visit when in NY but this time it was not the same. Not trying to slam them or anything like that, it just was not the same starting with the server (not very friendly). My partner steak arrived cold however the server set the overall dining experience for us.
- Wonderful.sunnyhunnyDined on 8/23/2014Best steak I've ever had. Melted in my mouth. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- LOVE Ruth ChrisLOVEITDined on 8/21/2014Great food & service! delicious as ever!!! Service is wonderful, fast, and pleasant...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014The food was awesome but the waiter lacked attention for the overall price of the meal...He only checked back once when the meal came out to ask about how the steak was prepared...We had to wait for him to go by to get a second round of drinks...He was polite and professional just not attentive..
- Service is better than foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014After reading surveys in different websites we decided for this famous restaurant. Service was great differently from what I read on trip Advisor but the level of the meat was lower than my expectation. A bit nervous, fat ands with too butter T-bone steak. The NY strip was the sameSpecial Features:
- Never Disappoints!Gcomeau01VIPDined on 8/17/2014I went with 7 friends, 4 from London and 2 from Manhattan, on a Sunday evening for dinner. All four friends from the UK said it was absolutely the BEST steak they've ever had. Their adding it on the "MUST DO" list for their next trip. My two friends also felt the same way. Ruth's Chris is so well run. ALL the staff is so friendly and "normal". None of the crabby waiters who have been waiting for 30 years and hate people and need you to "move along" so they can refill the table. It's truly the only steakhouse in Manhattan I'd ever go to. I can't say enough about it! Going again next week!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Great as usual. Would recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Melts in your mouthYummyinmytummyDined on 8/15/2014We were immediately seated with 6pm reservation. Wait staff was all very polite and prompt. Food was excellent. Ordered the Ruth classics and the filet was perfectly cooked. It was so tender, I hardly needed to chew. It just melted. Sooooo delicious. Ambience was nice and it was mostly quiet. Probably due to the early dinner crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBillyDined on 8/15/2014The food was very good it's great for great dinning I will be back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good lunchfooodeeeeDined on 8/15/2014went for lunch for restaurant week and enjoyed the entire meal. the steak was delicious the food lives up to it's bragging rites. the ambiance could be better for midtown manhattan it should be a little more swanky or up to date that's just how i feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeliaDined on 8/15/2014The resturant and food was great. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato casserole was amazing and the lousiana soup was quite tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week ExperienceUweVDined on 8/14/2014During our short stay in New York we dined in Ruth´s Chris Steak House and were truly amazed by the excellent service and food. The quality of the steaks was outstanding and better than all our other experiences in Texas, California and New York.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week GemMsNoBeeforPorkDined on 8/14/2014Who knew you could get a great meal at a Steak House even if you don't eat beef! We ordered Salmon with Sautéed mushrooms and Stuffed Chicken with Cream Spinach. The Stuffed Chicken and Cream Spinach was GREAT!!!Special Features:
- Thoroughly PleasedSoulStarDined on 8/14/2014We arrived early for our reservation and discovered that the bar had a happy hour. At first the bartender Cherish was inattentive, she gave us eye contact about 4 times in passing to check on other people at the bar who were already drinking before asking if we were ready to order. It was a little discouraging but after about 10 minutes she finally took our order. The Manhattan was a great starter, and I noticed a great happy hour appetizer menu as well. I will definitely come back to try it soon. Once sat, our waiter was amazing and the food was even better. Everything was cooked to perfection. We tried the restaurant week menu with a few upgrades and the bread pudding dessert was the perfect ending. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!HayRichVIPDined on 8/14/2014Love Ruth's chris! Love this one especially, so nice and big. Great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNaleneDined on 8/14/2014The steak is so good, and I recommend getting the sweet potatoe casserole as a side it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful NightFoodaholicDined on 8/13/2014I was My Birthday and it was a Great experience at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week. Cool spotayele523Dined on 8/13/2014The food was good, service was good and the atmosphere was great (people talking but not yelling). Our waitress was Cat and she was very nice. We went for restaurant week and we treated like we were buying the regular priced items. Would definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Restaurant Week DinnerPatrickDined on 8/13/2014I've been to Ruth Chris Midtown a few times before, and the experience was always good. I had seafood gumbo for starter, petite fillet with a bowlful of baked sweet potato for entree and bread pudding with whiskey sauce for dessert. In general, the courses were all tasty and of big portions. The steak was good as usual, tender and juicy. The sweet potato was delicious at the beginning, but became too sweet maybe after having too much. The bread pudding, however, was just ordinary, kind of dense and without whiskey smell. The waitress for my table was nice and attentive, and the location of the restaurant was very convenient. Definitely a good choice for restaurant week!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsDennis14127Dined on 8/13/2014Our annual visit to Manhattan fell during Restaurant Week. With a party of eight, our pre-theater dining experience exceeded our expectations. The restaurant is sophisticated and warm with a staff that is friendly and efficient. All of our dinner selections were delicious and attractively presented.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014Very enjoyable all around, from service to ambiance to esp. food!!!Special Features:
- Cooked the way I like it.MickieDined on 8/13/2014I am one of those individuals who like steak, but who likes it well done. My petit filet was served juicy, tender, and full of flavor even with no pink left in the middle.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014I had high hope when I booked the appointment but it's not nearly as good as I expected. Went for restaurant week menu. The gumbo was way too salty and the salmon was way too bland. Steak is small and salty too. Too much butter... The environment is nice with good service but the food is definitely a bummer!Special Features:
- Cramped but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014I loved the food and the decor was nice, but the space was a bit cramped and crowded, including the upstairs bar area. They need to find a new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Ruth Chris knows how to make a steak medium well and not well done. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodruthchrisDined on 8/12/2014the food was pretty good for restaurant and the dessert was amazing. but my steak came out way overcooked. i ordered med and got well done. other than that service was great, told them we needed to get out at 6:45pm for show and it worked out great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousMrandMrsODined on 8/12/2014My husband and I went here for dinner before going to see Jersey Boys. We took advantage of the NYC. restaurants week pre fix menu, $38.00 but we added lobster tails ( for an extra charge) . I must say everything was delicious. The steaks melted in your mouth, and the portion was perfect....they were served on sizzling plates.. The bread pudding and creamed spinach both are recommended... Our server Christopher was pleasant and very friendly...Special Features:
- Too SaltyFOODIE1Dined on 8/11/2014I found the gumbo to be a bit too salty. In this day and age when we are very health conscious, it is better for the chef not to add salt to a dish and let the diner add it if he or she wants to. Other than that, the food was very good. I was a bit disappointed that there was only one dessert: we did not have a choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BostonDined on 8/10/2014Only visiting so could not comment on above. Asked waiter for check but he ended up in conversation with another table but went far beyond an acceptable amount time. Husband finally tapped him to remind about check. Other than that it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in the worldTexasBlondeDined on 8/10/2014Ruth's Chris has the best steaks I have ever eaten in my life. The quality is very high and also predictable everywhere you go (NYC, Austin, ...). Whenever you want to eat a very nicely flavored steak that melts in your mouth, this is the best place to go. I recommend this to all my European friends when they visit the USA, and they are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hypeDennisFromQueensDined on 8/9/2014My family and I had a great time at Ruth's Chris. The food was great, the ambience was splendid and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience overallBoo1981Dined on 8/9/2014I found everything was great about my experience except my service. My waiter was very dry and at times a little uncomfortable. I wish my service was better I would have given it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the topJonDaManDined on 8/8/2014We went for our anniversary dinner and it was an excellent experience from the atmosphere to the service to the food. Best filet I've ever had, cooked perfectly. Each appetizer, side, and desert were fantastic as well. The restaurant also threw in a delightful bonus desert for our anniversary. I highly recommend this Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Our waiter was very nice and helpful. The food was delicious and lived up to our expectations. I do feel, however, that the 2 additional appetizers added to the restaurant week dinner menu should not have cost extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I've dined at this location during Restaurant Week and otherwise. Both experiences were wonderful. At some restaurants, there is a difference in the level of service you receive once the waiter is aware you're there to dine off of the restaurant week menu but not at Ruth Chris's. The food as well as dessert were impeccable. I will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Value!DukeDined on 8/8/2014I hadn't been to Ruth Chris in awhile. The last time I was there it was a bit corwded and noisy, but the food was good, except for the soup being too salty and loaded with filler. This time my dining companion and we took advantage of the Restaurant Week special, We were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance and the value and quality of the food. The food was absolutely delicious- the steak was cooked exactly as we had asked, the creamed spinach and the salad with which we start the meal were perfect! The dessert (bread pudding) was a bit disappointing, but the value and the quality of the other courses made up for it. The service was very accommodating, and NOT pretentious. Just right. We appreciated that VERY MUCH!!Special Features:
- Not as great as previous experienceluvs2dineoutDined on 8/7/2014Food was not as great as I remembered & waiter was definitely not friendly. The steak was dry & the lobster mac & cheese tasted more like green peppers. Waiter seemed annoyed that people did not know what they wanted right away & even more annoyed with questions. I understand it is restaurant week & can be busy throughout the day but it is still your job.Special Features:
- Nice place, OK food (for the price)MiraboDined on 8/7/2014We visited during Restaurant Week. NY Strip was only OK and needs additional $15 or so. The stuffed chicken was very buttery - I wasn't very hungry at the moment, so that did not appeal to me very much. Service and ambience, however, was pretty good. So if you don't find money an important matter, it doesn't hurt to try it out.Special Features:
- AwesomeSIdadof2Dined on 8/7/2014We went to see Cinderella on Broadway and walked to the restaurant. We got out earlier than we expected and were flexible with our reservation. Would definitely go back. We sat in the bar area and took advantage of the happy hour drink specials. We also took advantage of restaurant week menu.Special Features: