Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans
525 Fulton Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/21349/New-Orleans
- Phone: 5045877099
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tony Gale
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in New Orleans, LA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in New Orleans, LA will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Korey Gwinn 8776356303
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans
Ruth's Chris Steak House in New Orleans, LA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (25)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- One of the bestSouthernCommandVIPDined on 8/31/2014Definitely one of the best in the entire chain. Steaks better, service better and great location.Special Features:
- Is it Really Worth it?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014First experience at Ruth's Chris. Anniversary dinner while visiting New Orleans. Being New Orleans, already had experienced some very fine cuisine and were excited to finally experience RC. Ambiance - very nice. Service - exceptional. BBQ shrimp appetizer; good but didn't live up to the reputation communicated to us. My wife had the 11oz fillet - tender but not the most tasty. I had the 5oz fillet and 5oz lobster tail. Steak was very tasty and tender; the lobster tail, however, was over-cooked & rubbery. The veggies that we ordered were good. Flavors should really stand out when dropping close to 2 bills. That didn't happen. Over all, would we go back again? Our belief is that we've had as good or better for for less money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Special!!DessaDined on 8/16/2014It was excellent as usual!! Glad we were in the rear of the dining rooms as the front was quite a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014They always have good food, good service and take good care of us.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014WAY WAY TOO LOUD. None at the table could finish the meal due to the noise. For noise level you should have a category other than energetic - like obscene.
- Delish!CanuckFoodieWannabeDined on 8/3/2014Great dining experience. Service was terrific. Wait staff went out of their way to ensure our dietary restrictions were met. Food was fantastic. Portion sizes too large, and quite expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2014Steak, the 16 oz ribeye, was salty and undercooked. Actually was better the next night for leftovers. However, the veal ravioli was delicious and the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Steaks.Blessings2014Dined on 7/19/2014Overall amazing. The food have me wanting more, the wait staff was so pleasent and was a great ending to a perfect Wedding Anniversary. I have to return "just because" of your quality in everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjackieVIPDined on 7/14/2014Everything was excellent as usual. Connie is a wonderful server and I always ask for her. Never disappointed. Went for lunch. Great for happy hour too and or course dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service should be much better!NewOrleansFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had "Steak Night" with a friend at Ruth's Chris. The food was VERY Good; Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, the Gumbo, the Steaks & Sides; everything. HOWEVER, the service was a DISASTER! Wait staff should be re-trained to be observant and without being obtrusive. Hints; 1) please don't bring the steaks to the table 5 minutes after you've brought the Gumbo, appetizers; 2) whoever brings the food to the table should check to see if everyone has necessary silverware; 3) if it is "not your station," then please find appropriate waitress for the patron who is looking for silverware, his lost order of wine, or their missing side orders. It is what makes the difference between a pleasant dining experience and just a night at a casino hotel restaurant.
- Always Great - But Stop the E-Smokebmb0877VIPDined on 7/9/2014This is by far one of our favorite restaurants and have been huge fans for years - their steaks are simply in their own category. I was, however, dismayed this time by their allowing guests to use electronic cigarettes. I know they have no smell but until research is actually performed on them and the FDA weighs in, as far as I'm concerned they should not be allowed in restaurants that are required to ban cigarettes (those required by state law).I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreattexasjayDined on 7/6/2014The steak and service were awesome! The server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/1/2014Was a little disappointed that the lunch specials weren't offered. Other than that, everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerCaliDined on 6/21/2014I took my husband there for his birthday, as I've been to Ruth's Chris restaurants in other states. First we were seated next to a table of 20, very loud people. I said this was not acceptable and the person was a bit rude about moving my table, even though I had said it was a special occasion in my reservation. Service was great after our initial seating. HOWEVER, this was a horrible meal. The filet was extremely gamey and the lobster was tough! My husbands cowboy cut had no taste. I spent 200 and expected a decent meal. I was very, very disappointed and will not be coming here again, despite excellent servers.
- Five Star Dining ExperiencermscottDined on 6/21/2014This is not the first time at this location of Ruth's Chris and it didn't disappoint. From the valet parking, to the concierge and the waiter, the experience was outstanding. The sevice was excellent throughout the evening and we did not feel as if we were being rushed. The food was superior, as always. I would highly recommend the Ruth's Classic menu which features a four course meal for a fixed price. Whether you are craving steak, chicken or seafood, there are selections available for your taste. Included is the appetizer, entree, one side and desert. Best value for your dollar. Once dinner is finished, the entertainment options on Fulton St. are numerous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stephOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014consistently great! perfect location. Lots to do all around within walking distanceSpecial Features:
- Great for everyone in the familyTopshelfboozeguyDined on 6/15/2014We had a great Father's Day lunch with my daughter and both of my in-laws. Everyone enjoyed themselves and had some great steaks.Special Features:
- smftsosfDined on 6/13/2014Ruth Chris is an occasion restaurant for us. Overall, the experience was very good. Steak was excellent. Yet, the the hostesses were less than friendly and inviting. We were sat at a table next to the kitchen door, which squeak so loud that we asked to move to another table which they accommodated. We really enjoy the lobster bisque and they were accommodating by allowing us to split it into 2 cups yet the soup was lukewarm. Tasty but lukewarm. I ordered a salad and the lettuce was not as fresh as it could've been. I ordered the fillet mignon and it came out piping hot was very tender and extremely tasty and perfectly cooked. Our servers and wait persons did a wonderful job and more attentive and kind and friendly.Special Features:
- TonyDined on 6/1/2014Everything was wonderful. Been eating at Ruth's for years, and finally found something I did not care for - broiled tomato. Everything else was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great service and food!CosmoonaDined on 5/12/2014Ruth Chris has a great reputation for the best steaks and we were not disappointed. The lemon martinis were the best! Service was fantastic. The restaurant is very convenient for Harrahs guests and is a great choice while visiting the big easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steaksWooferatorDined on 5/12/2014Nobody makes a better steak than Ruth's Chris. Probably the butter because butter makes everything better. Everything else was fantastic. The only thing that surprises is me is how boring Ruth's Chris bread is. Capital Grille offers several types of rolls and flatbreads instead of one simple, banal italian bread. Oh well. By not filling up on bread I was able to leave room for the meat.Special Features:
- consistency!TravisLHoustonDined on 5/11/2014Ruth's Chris is always consistent. You know what you're getting from the moment you walk in! Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice diningNiceDined on 5/10/2014Ruth's Chris is nice for a special occasion. A la carte items on the menu. Very good crab cakes. The broiled salmon w/crabmeat topping was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but something missingNolaGuy329Dined on 5/4/2014Went here for my girlfriend's birthday, was very pleased that they remembered the special dessert (creme brulee here favorite) with a candle in it. Girlfriend loved her 16oz bone in filet. And I say loved, she gave it a 15 on a 1 - 10 scale. I got the lemon-gingered scallops, which seemed a minute or two undercooked because they were still translucent. My chicken, vegetable, and tortellini soup was great! Our table was not crumbed once. The decor was fantastic, intimate and elegant at the same time. The ambience lost a star because of the lax dress code (people were seated wearing cutoff shorts, tee-shirts, and backwards baseball hats). The server also forgot to bring out my dessert that came with my meal (coconut and pineapple bread puddinSpecial Features:
- The following 385 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans reviews archive.
- Great find!Mimi427Dined on 4/24/2014This place has so much charm. You can eat outside and enjoy the view of Fulton Street. The steaks are incredible. The sides are big enough to share. Great wines to choose from. It's a bit pricey but well worth the cost. Great friendly service. Great location too.Special Features:
- Had a great mealLuv2eatoutDined on 4/20/2014Very good service and great food just wish we could of got a better seat.. The door was opening and closing next to the kitchen the whole time.. And not a little sound but one that you hear over and over.. But the food was amazing and service was GREAT..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2014All facets of the visit was superb. The two waitstaff assisting us was very knowledgeable of the menu and and politely made suggestions. We were not interrupted at all during our conversations but they knew the proper time was for them to check on us. The steaks and sides were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off shakey but was goodCed49Dined on 4/4/2014Reservation was for 9:30, but we got there early. The hostess seated us shortly after we arrived at 8:30. We really appreciated that. We live closer to the Metairie location but prefer poydras location. The noise level was louder than I expected but it would have been much better if we could have sat closer to each other. The table size and arrangement don't allow for private conversation. Upon getting the lobster bisque it's was luke warm at best so we returned it to be reheated, it returned at the same temperature. But our main courses were absolutely delicious, she had the crab cakes and I had the ribeye. We could not complain after that!!! Will definitely visit again but will likely skip the bisque.Special Features:
- Really Good Steaks as AlwaystksmdDined on 3/30/2014We had a group of 6, took a while to get seated, service was a little slow, but picked up. Steaks were as good as usual and the creamed spinach and deserts were very good. Overall, our group enjoyed ourselves very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2014The food was very good and service was great beside the person that was supposed to refill our water. The main waiter was very attentive and good but his helper seems to be lost somewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Steak!MicheleDined on 3/29/2014I brought in a cake and birthday table decorations to the hostess, Angel, whom was so helpful and accommodating, around 7pm for our 9:15 reservation. I also called several days before to change the number in my party, and they wre happy to do so!Upon walking to the table for the surprise, we found the table decorated with all of the party supplies that I had brought, and all of our guests in party hats! It was great! The food is always exceptional! Steaks are cooked to perfection and sides and are superb!With such a large party, the server even offered to split everyone's checks. She was very attentive and the drinks kept coming, which everyone loved. Cake came out sparkling, and our sever cut and served a slice to each guest! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunateHass123Dined on 3/26/2014Was really hoping for an excellent experience after reading all the reviews! Unfortunately, we felt like outsiders, the server seemed inconvenienced by us, the Medium steak came out with well done, and the rest of the meal was mediocre at best. It was our anniversary meal and we chose here to go after the casinos and we would've been better off going to another New Orleans establishment. We didn't see any kind of manager or shift supervisor during our stay, which I believe is ideal for a successful business to run. Oh well, maybe this just happens once in a while. Hope others have a better experience than we did.
- Birthday CelebrationSMBrownDined on 3/23/2014This was a birthday celebration lunch/dinner for our Pastor. Small group of us went with him to celebrate. Waiter was fantastic, very attentive and helpful. Had a few minor problems that management addressed immediately. Food was great as usualSpecial Features:
- Of course Ruth's will neverjbearDined on 3/22/2014Of course Ruth's will never be the same without Ruth Fertel. It is truly a shame. Meat not the same quality. Change of the potatoes au gratin to scalloped potatoes with a garlic cheese sauce. Just not the same. Also, restaurant stuck us way in the back -- not they we go that often but we surely are not tourist!!!Special Features:
- Divine!DaucDined on 3/22/2014The best steak and service you will find! I thought I knew what a good steak was until Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentDedeDined on 3/21/2014Food and ambience always great. Love going for a romantic dinner or with a group of friends. We love the private booths and the fun bar along with the outdoor scenery. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Love going because you never have to worry about getting bad food or serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and Turf at Ruth's ChrisAtThaliaDined on 3/14/2014The steak was tender and the shrimp tasty. The wine and the dessert were both excellent.Special Features:
- Not Your Daddy's Ruth's Chris -LocalizedVIPDined on 3/14/2014Let me just say this restaurant has gone to the tourists. We won't be back.
- Always SatisfiedEatoutalotDined on 3/14/2014Ruth's Chris never fail to impress, the steaks are perfect, with lots of sides to choose from. Waiting for a table to open up, no worries, the bar is a fun place to wait. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.