Ruth's Chris Steak House - Nashville
2100 West End Avenue
Loew's Vanderbilt Plaza Hotel
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7198/Nashville
- Phone: 6153200163
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Garrett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Nashville, TN - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Tina Tackett 6153200163
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Nashville
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Nashville, TN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Nashville - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (35)notable wine list (20)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- As expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014Seated promptly with reservation right on time, although one side of restaurant was overloaded - made it somewhat cramped table wise. Service was very good and food was up to high standard. Good valet service.
- Can't Go Wrong w/This LocationTdineVIPDined on 10/21/2014Although we have numerous Ruth Chris locations in my home town, the Nashville West End Street location is my favorite. I dine at this location every time I'm in town for business and they never let me down. The service and food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Experience - Very WellbighongryDined on 10/18/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary. The service we received was on point. Waiter was courteous and timely. Food was amazing! Best filet I have ever eaten. Mashed potatoes were really good. For an upscale restaurant I found the prices reasonable and have plenty of options. Portion sizes are family style which helped in sharing. We plan to go back for sure.Special Features:
- First DateFirstDateDined on 10/17/2014it was a perfect dining place to take my lady on our first date. The food and the atmosphere was great. It'was quiet and you could talk. A night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steakhouse in townforbesDined on 10/15/2014you can have the foodie steak joynts but we have always considered this the best in town! we go for the steak and the sides are excellent. the service is always prompt and very attentive! you cant go wrong hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingshubbard2011Dined on 10/11/2014We like to enjoy Ruth's Chris at least once a year. We have had excellent experiences each time we have been. No matter what state/location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceLuv2dineDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant was slow . We ate at 5 pm and the service was terrible. My server was never around. She certainly wasn't busy in the dining room.Special Features:
- OMRBDined on 10/6/2014Business dinner. Small crowd. Seated us at the kitchen door. Too few servers, had to hail down one for drink order. Cannot recommend
- Great VenuemjcgmarinoDined on 10/2/2014It's Ruth's. What else needs to be said? Great food and service. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing servicemichaelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Ruth Chris will deliver a quality meal no matter if you frequent the Atlanta establishment or nashville etc... What sets the Nashville location above the others is service. The managment staff is more than accommodating however the real star is Robin. If your in the area an decide on Ruth Chris make sure you request RobinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeYummy14Dined on 9/27/2014First time eating at Ruth Chris the steak and the chicken was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Ruth's Chris standardflavusjosephusDined on 9/26/2014Where did they find this beef? It would not pass the smell test of the "regional chef" that allegedly resides at the Nashville location. Where was he when we came? Our New York Strips were as tough as Bridgestone rubber. They were cooked well and the service was good, but the quality of the beef left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Best steak in NashvilleMasonDined on 9/23/2014Every time we love the food, it is consistently perfect and will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best.MasonDined on 9/20/2014The best steak in Nashville. Period. Consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris - never dissapointsCraigCDined on 9/20/2014Always a good experience at Ruth Chris - excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FavoriteluckymeVIPDined on 9/19/2014With all the new restaurants and high end steak houses in Nashville, we had not been to Ruth Chris in years. We frequent Prime and The Palm regularly. By chance we had an event near Ruth Chris and made a last minute reservation. We were glad to find the drinks just as delicious, the service up to par and the steaks still some of the best in town. It was like seeing and old friend, realizing they had not changed and why you like them so much.Special Features:
- Consistanly good.kcmaDined on 9/18/2014A place you can always count on for a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDavidVIPDined on 9/17/2014Made us feel special and food/service was excellent. The petite filet is more than enough. Fries and dessert excellent too. Waiter (Earl) was excellent and very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!JoJoDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Ruth's Chris with another couple and it was phenomenal!! The lobster tail was one of the best ones I have had in a while.Special Features:
- Consistently greatCharfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Sure it is a chain, but this place never fails. Always great service and spot on food. Service is without flaw. Make sure to get your stem oscar style. That right they actually have a great crab cake outside of the state of Maryland. The steaks are aways cooked to perfection and the drawn butter on a smoking hot pate is the perfect signature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first timerachelanne57Dined on 8/29/2014I had a great first time experience at this location. The food was excellent and the waiter was very informative of menu items. Wonderful date night place. I would recommend to anyone looking for great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksLanmanVIPDined on 8/29/2014Ruth's Chris is and always has been my favorite steak house. The food is always outstanding. AND the service is tops.Special Features:
- Good place for business DiscussionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent service, Nice atmosphere for business discussions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentStayAwayVIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything was great, the food, the service and the company of my son and his friends.Special Features:
- Good food. Good service.MarcDined on 8/8/2014Never a disappointment. Went with friends. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodJprosser40Dined on 8/8/2014The 16 oz ribeye was the best steak I have ever had. My wife and I had a great date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lanschDined on 8/1/2014Had a wonderful meal at Ruth's Chris. The service and food were top notch and we are looking forward to going back again in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good As UsualSmokeyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good experience but pricey. I'm not sure their product merits their exorbitant prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- black and bloody...JCFoodieDined on 7/25/2014...Or steaks done "Pittsburg Rare" require and extremely hot fire searing the steak for a very short time. Most steak houses can't do it even though they think they can. Cut through the crusty black surfaces and the delicious aged beef juicy beef melts in your mouth. Sides were welk thought out. Anthony, our waiter, was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Celebrated our anniversary here and they added little touches like a personalized card to really enhance the experience. Food is great but watch the hot plates!Special Features:
- Unexpectedly averageOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014Used to dine here several times a year, but not recently. Table had four settings and our reservation was for two. Handed menus but took a second request to have the other settings cleared. Felt somewhat rushed, particularly at the end when it seemed that table-turning was the priority and we were not lingering. Not a $100pp experience. It was very crowded so I guess maybe I'm in the minority in thinking this, but there are newer entrants to the downtown Nashville dining scene and it is understandable as to why these places have a weeks(s) in advance reservation requirements.
- Birthday DinnerOldguard1954Dined on 7/6/2014The steak and lobster tail was fantastic. Piping hot from start to finish. The service was wonderful we lacked nothing. My desert was complimentary as a birthday gift. My only complaint is when you are paying top dollar for the meal and ambiance, business casual should me just that. At the next table was a lady in flip flops and jean shorts. At another table was a group of four two with ball caps and one in shorts with a tank top. I guess that the standards have relaxed. I had told my daughters that they had to dress for the occasion and they were a little upset with me when they saw others didn't have to. All in all the meal was great and our experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- SlowItalianamerVIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was slower than it should have been. Rib eye came out VERY rare but was ordered medium. I expected more from a place where you pay premium prices.
- The following 410 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Nashville reviews archive.
- Great for a celebrationHughJeterDined on 6/23/2014I took my niece here to celebrate her college graduation. She had not been to the restaurant at Ruth's Chris before (to the bar, yes), and she loved it. She had a seafood special and said it was one of her best meals ever. I had a steak, and it was perfect as usual. She gets another degree next year, so we have yet another reason to return.Special Features:
- Ruth ChrisTamikofood42Dined on 6/14/2014Great atmosphere and food. We really liked the bar scene and will go back to dine at the bar. The service was fantastic as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day dinnerEwhtnVIPDined on 6/14/2014My husband chose the restaurant and our whole family enjoyed a delicious meal. Great food, great service by Joe, and great evening!Special Features:
- Ruth Chris NashvilleGloftonDined on 6/14/2014Our food was wonderful. Our waiter must have been having an off night or maybe she was just new. We spent more than 45 minutes just waiting on the check and our dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakloverDined on 6/9/2014Great place. Wonderful server, attentive to all our needs. The food was outstanding. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksCaptainVIPDined on 6/4/2014Especially recommend the blackened ribeye. Medium. Seasoned and grilled to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for that special night.wildcard357Dined on 5/31/2014I took my wife to Ruth's for my anniversary and it was rememberable. We got there and the free valet was courteous. The setting was very dim but romantic. My wife and I loved the selection of meat cut but giggled at the prices. It felt like the prices of a celebrity dinner. It was our anniversary so it wasn't an option. Food didn't take that long at all. Sides were a good size dish. Wine was delicious but did not have too many sweet wines.The steaks were so unbelievable. My wife actually would not stop smiling it was that good. The waiters explained every detail and answered all questions asked in a professional manner. I would not suggest a group event unless everyone has separate checks. Everything was perfect except for the price !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.