Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach
8211 Marina Parkway
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/myrtle-beach/
- Phone: (843) 839-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Hours:
Dinner Served Daily
Sunday 5 PM – 9 PM
Monday – Thursday 5 PM – 10 PM
Friday and Saturday 5 PM – 11 PM
2014 Special Holiday Hours:
Thanksgiving: 1 PM – 9 PM
Christmas Eve: 4 PM – 10 PM
Christmas Day: 5 PM – 9 PM
New Years Eve: 4 PM – Midnight
New Years Day: closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tom Pennell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Chris has numerous private dining rooms accommodating up to 80 people (for seated meals). While the main dining room is open for dinner only, banquet and meeting rooms are available for private events for breakfast, brunch, luncheons, cocktail receptions, and dinner.
Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy either the Port or Starboard rooms which each seat up to 45 people. These rooms can also open up to accommodate parties up 90 for those special wedding events. For your private board meetings, our guests can enjoy the privacy of the board room. These rooms are equipped with the latest technology in AV equipment with Power Point presentation capabilities. The Marina Porch is also available for entertainment that includes an outside entertainment area viewing the marina from the courtyard. We welcome all group parties from the weary golf groups, pharmaceutical presentations to the jubilant weddings parties. Come and enjoy a sizzling experience overlooking the Marina at Grand Dunes and the spectacular sunset hues.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Fallan 8438399500x
- Entertainment: RUTH'S HOUR
Enjoy Sizzle, Swizzle & Swirl featuring promotionally-priced food and beverage items in our bar/lounge & outdoor terrace (weather permitting).
DAILY FROM 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
Click the link below to view the menu:
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach
Ruth's Chris Steak House is internationally acclaimed as "The Home of Serious Steaks." The menu features USDA Prime Midwestern Beef - aged to perfection, broiled at 1800 degrees and served the signature Ruth's Chris way ... SIZZLING ... so your steak stays, hot, juicy and delicious from the first to the very last bite. Mouthwatering fresh seafood, prime lamb, and chicken are equally as outstanding. Enjoy New Orleans inspired appetizers such as Barbecued Shrimp and Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat. Salads, vegetables and potatoes are generous enough to share. Top it all of with a delectable homemade Ruth's Chris dessert: Warm Apple Crumb Tart, Chocolate Sin Cake, or a classic Creme Brulee. And, complement yor dining experience with a specially selected vintage from Ruth's Chris' award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (50)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (24)good for groups (20)scenic view (19)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- business dinner successpowerdinnerDined on 11/3/2014Nobody does steak better. service was excellent, atmosphere was well suited for business conversation. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food serviceSeaRay320Dined on 11/1/2014The servers were fast, friendly and professional. Food was excellent and served steaming hot. Presentation was also perfect! Thanks for a great memorial experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyGoodnessDined on 10/28/2014Have eaten here on special occasions, always great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great service.loudiamacDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. The food was wonderful and the staff was very attentive. They took our order quickly and our food was cooked to order. They even took our picture for us so that we could commemorate the occasion. Everything was perfect. They even gave us samples of the chocolate mousse cake and the best bread pudding I have every eaten. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our birthday dinner was fabulous. The steaks are like no others out there. Sides are a little pricey but very good. And like they told us, 2 people can be satisfied eating one side dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good server mike wasn'tKrisDined on 10/24/2014Our food was very good like always. Mike our server didn't pay very much attention to our table. It wasn't very busy and we are very easy to wait on being that my wife and myself were servers before. He forgot our appetizer order then brought the salads out at the same time as the appetizer. Then forgot one of our sides when the entrees came. He paid very little attention to us compared with a four top sitting right beside us. The back waiter named Alfonso did a great job and actually waited on our table more than mike. I probably won't be returning.Special Features:
- mikeDined on 10/24/2014Starting with the valet parking[Mike] and thru out dinner everything was great!!! Be back soonSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly MediocreIXFEDined on 10/20/2014We had a table for 4 on a Monday night and the rest. was at about 15% capacity. The service was fine, but I was expecting more personality. For a high end steakhouse, I was very surprised that the Chef did not correctly cook our steaks. 2 of us ordered the 16oz Ribeye (both Medium-Rare) and they were both cooked Medium-Well/Well. I ate mine and it was still good, but the other gentleman in our group sent his back, and it took nearly 20 minutes to prepare another Ribeye that was again overcooked. Considering our bill was $400 with food and wine, I was surprised that they did not comp his steak for their error. He did not finish his steak and I felt bad that we did not all eat together. I highly recommend the sweet potato casserole.Special Features:
- WonderfulJeanneDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed sitting in bar, so spacious and well appointed. It is my preference. Food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Fine Dining703jamesVIPDined on 10/7/2014The service, food and ambiance as excellent. This is known as the trifecta for fine dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding and welcoming serviceChrisDined on 10/5/2014We have never been disappointed at a Ruth's Chris but these filets and lobster tails just weren't up to par. Hubby and I thought the lobster tasted like it had been frozen too long and the steak tasted more of a strip steak cut then filet mignon. The sides were lovely and the salads. The staff was attentive, gracious, and the restaurant was quiet and peaceful. Surprising that it wasn't like the DC, SC, or FL ones we have been too.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedunderwhelmedDined on 9/27/2014The waiter never asked how my husband wanted his steak and it came well done which is not 2 what he wanted! Our waiter acted put off when we didn't want a $13 cocktail. He spent more time and attentive to his bigger tables. The food is so heavily spiced that I couldn't eat the shrimp or green beans. And why does the steak come in a plate of butter? That sho UK d be unnecessary for a good piece of meat. We won't be going back.
- AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 9/27/2014Thank you for making our 11th anniversary a hit! We will return next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014I don't see how it could have been better---had filet (cooked perfectly), sauteed mushrooms, onion rings (the best), chopped salad. Shared all of the sides as they're so generous. The hostess exchanged my white napkin for a black one, so I wouldn't get lint on my slacks. Did valet parking which was great as it was pouring rain. We save this for a special night out, and next time will try dining in the bar area, as it looked like a more casual, fun place to be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Our server Jill provided us with EXCELLENT service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time was great..2nd even betterJW11Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I vacationed to myrtle beach and I wanted to go somewhere a little nicer than a standard restaurant. I booked Ruth's Chris and it was an even better experience than we had 6 months prior! Great place, amazing location, friendly staff, and by far THE BEST CHICKEN IN THE WORLD trust me on this..go to this STEAKHOUSE and try the chicken. You will not be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ruth's Chris experiencevalfolmarDined on 9/15/2014We've eaten at many Ruth's Chris restaurants, and the experience Myrtle Beach location puts all the others to shame. The service is impeccable and they treat us like valuable customers every time we are there. We ate at the Wilmington location a couple weeks ago and were exceedingly disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Myrtle Beach reviewMizzbDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful restaurant with great food. Glad to see an option for a lighter meal; many restaurants of this caliber don't offer that opportunity. Would gladly dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsTheqnscDined on 9/10/2014Best meal ever. Best service ever. Will be back every time we return to the beach.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Our dinner was awesome! Larisa and the rest of the staff were very outstanding. My wife and I were celebrating our Anniversary and the Genneral Manager came over to wish us a happy anniversary and they provided us with complimentary dessert! We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed…!!!!!agg714Dined on 9/5/2014Perhaps our favorite Myrtle Beach restaurant! We always indulge in an early stop at the bar for a cocktail prior to our dinner. The bar is elegant, but the staff makes the stop entertaining. The restaurant is quiet and romantic. The filet is superb. Our server on this occasion, Joe, was terrific. Just what we have come to expect from Ruth's Chris.............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantabulouseleganceDined on 9/5/2014One of the top five Ruth's Chris. We always patronize a Ruth Chris when traveling home or abroad, and the food,service, and ambiance has always been outstanding. Myrtle Beach R.C, in our opinion is one of the top five.Special Features:
- rtbirdDined on 9/2/2014Our service was great, especially for late at night (10PM on a weeknight). Both steaks we had were really nice, but not the best we've ever had. The side dishes were just OK. I would take a group of guys here to get steaks and beers, but I don't think I'd take my wife or girlfriend here again. There just wasn't anything special about it, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Fabulous ServiceHickoryFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Just ate at a Ruth Chris steakhouse for the very first time, knew it might be expensive but was willing to take that risk in exchange for tasty food and good service. Expectations were far surpassed -- both waiter and waiter assistant were spot on, the stuffed chicken, tomato salad with feta cheese and potatoes were delicious. The experience was far worth the price. Thanks for a great "last night in Myrtle Beach" experience. We would definitely return and also recommend :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good pickDeeDeeRobDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated two birthdays and the service and food were very good. I was a little disappointed in this particular location simply because they did not make the occasion as special as other Ruth's Chris that I have visited. We usually have family celebrations there and they are wonderful about decorating the table with rose petals or glitter and then decorating the birthday dessert in some way. This one brought a dessert for both honorees but there was nothing special about it. We would go again for the food, just not expecting the extra effort.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014The food was excellent. We were seated without waiting, and the staff was extremely attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, expensivedinnerfor2Dined on 8/20/2014a nice change from all the fried fish places in Myrtle Beach; tender steaks and grilled shrimp; lovely wine; terrific desserts - too much for 1 person - we should have ordered 1 dessert for all 3 of usSpecial Features:
- Our dinner was great!MissBDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriend and I came back for dinner a second time that week. Being from out of town we near of Ruth's Chris' reputation so dining there again was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delish!FoodieDined on 8/16/2014Every time we fine here the food is spectacular as is the service. A manager happened by our table and I had a mouth full...needless to say but all I could do was mumble, "Mmmmmm"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014The filet was the best I have ever had ! The salad was awesome and just the perfect sizeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAnimaldDined on 8/15/2014We family vacation each year in Myrtle Beach. This is our third time eating at Ruth Chris. Each time, our service and food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMissBDined on 8/13/2014The service was excellent and the food was great. Hadn't been in a while but the restaurant still has the same high standards I have come to love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dorisDined on 8/13/2014everything was good until the end. I was engaged in conversation with my guest and did not notice server taking my plate: I had eated maybe 1/3 of my food. They did not ask whether I was done or whether I wanted to have the rest of my meal boxed. Just gone. I am totally shocked. It was obvious that most of my food was still on the plate.
- Major DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary last night. The view was very nice, the service was OK, but kind of stuffy. When I realized that I did not have a napkin, they brought me a freshly used one, complete with fresh food smear and wet around the edges. My wife's steak and shrimp were totally over cooked. The cut of meat she got was something I would expect on a clearance sale at the local low end grocery store. My steak was actually cooked to order and was very tender (see, I'm not a total jerk). However, the lobster tail was so dry that the melted butter couldn't moisturize it. Long story short, the meal was very disappointing and our 30th anniversary celebration went out with a feeling of being cheated.
- Awesome meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014As always, Ruth Chris does everything perfect. Food, drinks, serviceSpecial Features:
- Not even close to being goodtimjDined on 8/6/2014The service and food were great, but the food did not live up to expectations.Special Features:
- TackyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014All ok, food very good, service a little too attentive, very expensive for what you get. But what is up with the advertising on the fake candles. Tacky.....Special Features:
- Perfect eveningBMab21Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I, along with our 4 year old son, had an excellent dining experience while we vacationed in Myrtle Beach. The service and food were absolutely perfect. We felt welcomed and attended to as a family. Many upscale restaurants treat children as a nuisance rather than young patrons. Our server, Mike, was patient with and kind to our son. Thank you, Ruth's Chris and staff, for the opportunity to enjoy a fantastic family experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2014What a wonderful evening. The service was excellent as was my wife's surf and turf special and my three large lamb chops done a shade slight of medium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticwineosseurDined on 7/28/2014We had a nice experience here. I got lamb chops, wife filet. Food was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.