Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach
8211 Marina Parkway
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/myrtle-beach/
- Phone: 8438399500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Olin Purvis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Chris has numerous private dining rooms accommodating up to 80 people (for seated meals). While the main dining room is open for dinner only, banquet and meeting rooms are available for private events for breakfast, brunch, luncheons, cocktail receptions, and dinner.
Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy either the Port or Starboard rooms which each seat up to 45 people. These rooms can also open up to accommodate parties up 90 for those special wedding events. For your private board meetings, our guests can enjoy the privacy of the board room. These rooms are equipped with the latest technology in AV equipment with Power Point presentation capabilities. The Marina Porch is also available for entertainment that includes an outside entertainment area viewing the marina from the courtyard. We welcome all group parties from the weary golf groups, pharmaceutical presentations to the jubilant weddings parties. Come and enjoy a sizzling experience overlooking the Marina at Grand Dunes and the spectacular sunset hues.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Fallan 8438399500x
- Entertainment: PRIME TIME MENU
Enjoy a full 3-course meal including your choice of soup or salad, an entree, a personal side and your choice of dessert starting at $42.00 (plus tax and gratuity). Offered daily until 6:30 PM. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primetime
HALF-OFF PRIME BITES DURING RUTH'S HOUR
Ruth's Chris is thrilled to offer our Prime Bites Bar Menu with half-priced bar menu items during special Ruth's Hours. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primebites
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach
Ruth's Chris Steak House is internationally acclaimed as "The Home of Serious Steaks." The menu features USDA Prime Midwestern Beef - aged to perfection, broiled at 1800 degrees and served the signature Ruth's Chris way ... SIZZLING ... so your steak stays, hot, juicy and delicious from the first to the very last bite. Mouthwatering fresh seafood, prime lamb, and chicken are equally as outstanding. Enjoy New Orleans inspired appetizers such as Barbecued Shrimp and Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat. Salads, vegetables and potatoes are generous enough to share. Top it all of with a delectable homemade Ruth's Chris dessert: Warm Apple Crumb Tart, Chocolate Sin Cake, or a classic Creme Brulee. And, complement yor dining experience with a specially selected vintage from Ruth's Chris' award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (55)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (26)scenic view (25)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014The food was excellent. We were seated without waiting, and the staff was extremely attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, expensivedinnerfor2Dined on 8/20/2014a nice change from all the fried fish places in Myrtle Beach; tender steaks and grilled shrimp; lovely wine; terrific desserts - too much for 1 person - we should have ordered 1 dessert for all 3 of usSpecial Features:
- Our dinner was great!MissBDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriend and I came back for dinner a second time that week. Being from out of town we near of Ruth's Chris' reputation so dining there again was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delish!FoodieDined on 8/16/2014Every time we fine here the food is spectacular as is the service. A manager happened by our table and I had a mouth full...needless to say but all I could do was mumble, "Mmmmmm"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014The filet was the best I have ever had ! The salad was awesome and just the perfect sizeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAnimaldDined on 8/15/2014We family vacation each year in Myrtle Beach. This is our third time eating at Ruth Chris. Each time, our service and food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMissBDined on 8/13/2014The service was excellent and the food was great. Hadn't been in a while but the restaurant still has the same high standards I have come to love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dorisDined on 8/13/2014everything was good until the end. I was engaged in conversation with my guest and did not notice server taking my plate: I had eated maybe 1/3 of my food. They did not ask whether I was done or whether I wanted to have the rest of my meal boxed. Just gone. I am totally shocked. It was obvious that most of my food was still on the plate.
- Major DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary last night. The view was very nice, the service was OK, but kind of stuffy. When I realized that I did not have a napkin, they brought me a freshly used one, complete with fresh food smear and wet around the edges. My wife's steak and shrimp were totally over cooked. The cut of meat she got was something I would expect on a clearance sale at the local low end grocery store. My steak was actually cooked to order and was very tender (see, I'm not a total jerk). However, the lobster tail was so dry that the melted butter couldn't moisturize it. Long story short, the meal was very disappointing and our 30th anniversary celebration went out with a feeling of being cheated.
- Awesome meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014As always, Ruth Chris does everything perfect. Food, drinks, serviceSpecial Features:
- Not even close to being goodtimjDined on 8/6/2014The service and food were great, but the food did not live up to expectations.Special Features:
- TackyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014All ok, food very good, service a little too attentive, very expensive for what you get. But what is up with the advertising on the fake candles. Tacky.....Special Features:
- Perfect eveningBMab21Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I, along with our 4 year old son, had an excellent dining experience while we vacationed in Myrtle Beach. The service and food were absolutely perfect. We felt welcomed and attended to as a family. Many upscale restaurants treat children as a nuisance rather than young patrons. Our server, Mike, was patient with and kind to our son. Thank you, Ruth's Chris and staff, for the opportunity to enjoy a fantastic family experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2014What a wonderful evening. The service was excellent as was my wife's surf and turf special and my three large lamb chops done a shade slight of medium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticwineosseurDined on 7/28/2014We had a nice experience here. I got lamb chops, wife filet. Food was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I took my wife on her birthday to Ruth Chris and it was excellent. Our food was done perfectly, we were not rushed and overall it was an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friends in towntinkVIPDined on 7/26/2014great outdoor seating disappointed that you can not do reservations for outsideBrad that at least that was Chris you always got your steak cooked to order lol mine was overcooked the halibut look amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceluvstotravelDined on 7/25/2014This was the first time bringing my girlfriend here and we both thought it was delicious. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to myrtle beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed! Usually Great?TommyDDined on 7/23/2014My wife's asked her filet to be medium well specifically and what was served was completely red throughout and shockingly grissly on the outside. She was so turned off and disappointed she completely list her appetite. I very discreetly sent it back and asked our server what he could do to take it off and although he wasn't happy it was removed from the bill. I was surprised the manager never came over to address it ad they were right there. This was our 5th time at MBs Ruth Chris and it's always the highlight if our vacation. So we were very disappointed and not sure of returning given the cost of what's to be very fine dining.
- Special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Great service, staff, made our evening all that more special, only disappointment was their dessert menu, would think that they would have more unique choices. Still love the food, wine choices tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!CcarterDined on 7/17/2014Our dining experience was fantastic! Everything was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak; Bland SidesnycwahooDined on 7/11/2014You can smell the steak and butter when you walk in the door - delicious! We were pleased with the filet, but sad when the creamed spinach was bland and room temperature and the potatoes au gratin were undercooked and tasted more like swiss cheese than a cohesive dish. Our server was very polite and upbeat. Though the restaurant is near a gorgeous marina and was not full when we arrived for our reservation, we (party of 2) were seated in a back room set up for a large group (though it remained empty) without any views. It was a nice steak, but overall a "meh" experience.
- Would definitely reccomend.FoodieDined on 7/11/2014Food was delicious and service was great! Our anniversary meal was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticJoeDVIPDined on 7/7/2014Dined at this restaurant while vacationing in Myrtle Beach. Obviously was a bit pricey but we knew this before going there - just something to be cognizant of before going there. The food was absolutely perfect - cannot say anything negative at all. Blake was out waiter and he was a fantastic waiter. He checked in on us, paid close attention to the needs of the table. Would definitely return and recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister's Birthday DinnersjcrDined on 7/7/2014This was our first time at Ruth's Chris Steak House so our expectations were extremely high, based on recommendations. We had the creamed spinach and sweet potato casserole…..both were yummy…..although there was "no cream" in the spinach. We also had their signature steak…..New York Strip. Imagine our surprise when our "well done" New York Strip was charred…..black and barely chewable. ….very shocking for such an establishment. However, our server Blake, who went above and beyond the call of duty, came quickly to the rescue and had another NYS cooked for us. Blake and Alejandre (please forgive the spelling) took very good care of us. Overall it was a great experience. Sidenote: The Hostess was very pleasant also! Thanks a bunch!Special Features:
- Wonderful!BeachgoerDined on 7/7/2014It's what dining out should be. The wait staff was so nice and treated us like we were special. The food was amazing and the fact it stayed warm through ENTIRE meal was genius. It's very pricey, but we'll worth it. We will be going again for our anniversary and it's something wonderful to look forward to. I highly recommend this restaurant to those who want a quiet, comfortable, delicious meal. I wish dining out was always this pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningAshbrijamDined on 7/2/2014This is a luxury dining experience. The food is always superb as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sizzling DinnerTracimedDined on 6/23/2014My husband and I loved our night out. Our servers Danielle and Zach were fantastic. The sizzling crab cakes were the best I have had in a long time. We also loved the potatoes au gratin:). Wonderful place to eat a fine dinner.Special Features:
- Great meal! Wonderful scenery!GaylsviewsDined on 6/22/2014We dined outside and enjoyed watching the boats travel in and out. Had the tuna app and a salad which was more than enough for both of us for dinner. Our son had the lamb chops. Everything was wonderful---food, service and scenery!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014I took my husband here while we were on a weekend get away. It was his first time there. The staff were friendly and very helpful. My husband said it was the best Filet he had ever had. I've been here several times and it is always wonderful!! We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014As always, great meal and great service. Extra special touch giving us a wonderful gratis dessert to help celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always StellarhungrygirlDined on 6/18/2014Dined at Ruth's Chris while on vacation in Myrtle Beach for our "Date Night" dinner. AS ALWAYS...incredible EVERYTHING!!!!!! Food was exquisite, service impeccable, atmosphere perfect...What a WONDERFUL evening. We ALWAYS look forward to this evening and dress even dress up!!! Will continue to return......ALWAYS STELLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Good ValueMyrtleBeachCriticDined on 6/15/2014While the prices are not your average, you get what you pay for. We had meals while in Myrtle Beach that were half the price, but the food was half as good. We enjoyed our meal here and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant ExperienceBestDined on 6/14/2014Only complaint was the profanity and noise level of tables around me. (2 specific groups with foul moths) Food, service, overall experience was outstanding.Special Features:
- Quiet eveningbellaDined on 6/14/2014There were not many people in the bar area which is where we decided to eat. Bartender (male) was okay but Melissa the other bartender is always sweet and chatty, She does a great job and has been there since they opened (I believe).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amclain519Dined on 6/13/2014Great steak, sweet potato casserole and broccoli. Service was excellent. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitVacationerDined on 6/8/2014First visit to Ruth's Chris. Would go again in a heartbeat! Great food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Best steak in Myrtle BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014I know others try to shy away from the chain 'bigs' when it comes to steak houses, but in Myrtle Beach... Ruth's Chris is tops! The service is fantastic (Larisa is the best), and my cowboy ribeye on my last visit was cooked to perfection. Try others... but come back here.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Great time-- great place for celebrations!! Excellent food and wonderful service Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great SteakKeckysgirlDined on 6/3/2014Ruth Chris really knows how to cook a steak. Crab cakes, apple crumb & bread pudding deserts were also great. The service and ambience were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.