1280 Highway 315
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/22489/Wilkes-Barre
- Phone: 5702082266x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon : 12pm - 10pm
Tues : 12pm - 10pm
Wed : 12pm - 10pm
Thurs : 12pm - 11pm
Fri : 12pm - 12:30am
Sat : 12pm - 12:30am
Sun : 12pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: John Gorrick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kathi Bankes 5702082266x
- Entertainment: Tuesday : Phil Hinton 6pm - 9pm
Wednesday : Phil Hinton 6pm - 9pm
Thursday : Music for Models 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday : The Jimmy Waltich Jazz Trio 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Saturday : The Jimmy Waltich Jazz Trio 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth’s Chris & treat your special guests to unforgettable dining for your next business gathering, family celebration, or anything in between.
From our humble beginnings on Broad Street in New Orleans to our current position as the world's largest fine dining company, Ruth's Chris Steak House has come quite a long way in its first four decades. In 2010, we celebrated our 45th anniversary, & we consider it a celebration of the life of a woman who broke the mold - our founder, Ruth Fertel.
COME JOIN US & EXPERIENCE PERFECTION YOURSELF!!
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- BrianVIPDined on 9/17/2014We dine here fairly often and the experience has always been outstanding.Special Features:
- AverageexmishDined on 9/11/2014The steaks were nice pieces of meat, just not prepared the way a steak should be. Because the steak was not allowed to rest for about ten minutes before serving, all the juices came flooding out in the first cut of meat, not having the chance to reassemble into the meat, just keeping the steak a bit on the tough side. The steak was cooked well, medium rare, just not a very tender piece of meat for a prime t-bone. Quite disappointing actually. A manager came to our table and said the steak "sounded good", referring to the sizzle. I would have preferred it be quiet and well rested before being brought to the table. This is an ordinary restaurant serving good steaks prepared poorly at extremely high prices..quite a trick.
- Just Great!SimmyDined on 9/11/2014Was there for business with colleagues and a supplier; it was simply great food! Delish-- a no frills upscale steakhouse at its finest.Special Features:
- DisappointedMom3Dined on 9/6/2014We have dined at Ruth Chris all over & I was disappointed our waitress seemed distracted our seafood tower was skimpy my scallops came out cold. It was our Anniversary I didn't complain but did leave most of my diner. I won't rush back we paid bill left 17% tip that was not earned.Special Features:
- Overall a good valuetravelerDined on 8/31/2014We had two meals: ribeye, and shrimp and scallions. The ribeye was very good. The shrimp and scallions only came with two shrimp and three scallions, so it seemed a little short of a full meal. We ordered lobster mac and cheese, which was not very good, and asparagus with hollandaise, which was very good.
- Best FiletBarbsBobDined on 8/31/2014I won't order a filet anywhere else because I know it can't come close to the quality and taste. Always have a tough time deciding between the Spicy Lobster or the Ahi Tuna appetizer.Special Features:
- Wonderful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I had a great time at the restaurant. I had the steak and lobster and it was amazing. I don't even like lobster but the chef made it taste like nothing I had ever tasted before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceGourmetfoodiesDined on 8/28/2014Had a wonderful dining experience. Servers were very friendly, courteous and attentive. Food was great and so was the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!geebobDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent. They have two special priced menus which are on their regular menu. The portions are very substantial and we older folks tend to eat lesser amounts. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Make reservations early, the restaurant is always full. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Went here for my fiance's birthday. The food was delicious. However, they ran out of the drink that he wanted and did not comp us for another one. Also,they did not put candle in the dessert cake or make the experience special even though I told the hostess that we were celebrating his birthday. Overall, the food was well worth it, but the service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to not recommendfoodieproDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant was not up to normal standards of Ruth's Chris restaurants we have previously visited. The steak was fatty and had a lot of grizzle. The creamed spinach was the same as we were accustomed to. The lyonnaise potatoes were overcooked and greasy. The coffee was weak.Special Features:
- Best Steak in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2014I know it's a little pricey, but if you're going out for steak, why not go first class, there is no comparison in the area.Special Features:
- MosesJoyDined on 8/17/2014We went there to celebrate our 50th anniversary. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. The ambiance was great, very quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed our meal and would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Always terrificSaabyDined on 8/16/2014Great bar menu and service is terrific. Try the special plate with chicken, crabcake, and filet for $32! Great deal!Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedAnnieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We are repeat customers and always had great food and service. This time they were a little off. I had the lobster and it was the toughest I ever had. Might I add it was $72! Very disappointed. Our waiter last 2 times was great, this time our waitress was not anywhere near as attentive. Ordered an expensive wine and no one ever came over to refill our glasses. A little off for an expensive bottle of wine and a Remy Martin after dinner drink. Party of 5 sat down when we were leaving and apparently one of the workers knew them & the got great service. Won't be back anyime soon.Special Features:
- Top notchSparkyDined on 8/16/2014This is the ultimate steakhouse. It's pricey but you get what you pay for. Steak was excellent and you couldn't ask for better service.Special Features:
- YUMMMY !!!!!!!!Drgiggles1Dined on 8/15/2014Everything from the moment we entered the restaurant was exceptional. Unbelievable taste in every thing we tried. From the spicy lobster, crab cakes, salad, the filet mignon with jumbo shrimp, the cowboy ribeye, potatoes au gratin and the amazing deserts (creme brulee and the apple crumb tart with the vanilla bean ice cream) was truly amazing. We did get what we paid for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAmmaskDined on 8/14/2014Our food was delicious, service was excellent! Best anniversary dinner and loved the free dessert!Special Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgDined on 8/9/2014Frist time there found the food and service excellent!Special Features:
- Great Food & Excellent ServiceSmendDined on 8/3/2014Whem I am in Wilkes Barre I make it a point to dine at Ruth's, the quality of food, acccompanied by excellent service and wonderful ambience makes it a great dinning experience in my opinion .... I would highly recommend Ruth's at Wilkes Barre Mohegan Sun in particular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love Ruth ChriswinoDined on 8/2/2014restaurant was wonderful as usual; however, there was a problem with the ordering of wine. Wine menu showed a glass of Pinot to be $12. Whereas we were charged $18. In questioning the waitress we were advised there was more than one Pinot and it was up to us to say which one we wanted. did not realize that. Usually assume the waitress would point that out and we would then choose which one we wanted - not for the waitress to arbitrarily choose the more expensive one. Because of this we reflected our opinion in her tip. not nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakzinzoidDined on 7/28/2014best steak I have ever eaten add 3 coarse meal...............................Special Features:
- Fantastic SteaksJeanne0912Dined on 7/26/2014Very nice birthday celebration. Service was excellent - appetizer, sides and steak fabulous. Would not order seafood however. Cold scallops and very dry with no seasoning. Same for shrimp. Specialty drinks strong but very good. Will go again but not to this one in the casino - atmosphere not as good as Del Salvos or The Palm which are comparable price-wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAnnieVIPDined on 7/26/2014The service here is stupendous. The food is great and we keep going back. Only negative thing to say is they used to have a wine menu but now they have an iPad with a list of all the wines on the iPad. Although it's useful, we like the wine menu better. It's easier to navigate and cleaner. Everyone touches the iPad's screen and then you eat with dirty hands. If you're ordering wine then bring a towelette or hand sanitizer. Love this place.Special Features:
- Fantasticluvyourplace1Dined on 7/26/2014Our meals were wonderful as always. I had the mixed grill which I always get and Nancy had the appetizer trio and lobster bisque which was also awesome. It is the best bread I've ever had also. Right down to the drinks, everything was great. We are never disappointed when we eat at Ruth Chris's.Special Features:
- FishVIPDined on 7/25/2014Always excellent. Nice size portions perfectly cooked. Great music in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SasgolfDined on 7/20/2014One of our favorite steak restaurants in the area. Service and quality of food consistently well above averageSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience!thisizlivin7Dined on 7/19/2014Filet was excellent. Sweet potato casserole delicious. Creamed spinach delicious. Everything was served hot. Steak was sizzling upon arrival to table. Everything cooked to perfection. Service great. Very nice "Birthday Dinner". Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great second experienceyummyDined on 7/12/2014food was amazing and our waiter nick was awesome and helped show good things to pick on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodWineNdiner77Dined on 7/11/2014We are never let down by Ruth Chris, particularly this one.The food is always top notch and consistent. Dustin is wonderful and knows the menu beyond belief. Ask for a booth if going as a couple. Truly makes the experience much more romantic. Petite filet is cooled to perfection every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great food and wonderful music. Lauren our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice night OutxanderDined on 7/4/2014Good food, good service, wasn't rushed and all this made for a great night out.
- Pleasant diningdineoutDined on 6/29/2014Great drinks, service and food.....nice attention to dining details. Not intimate dining, but comfortable. Emphasis on food and thoughtful service plus added complement because ours was an anniversary dinner. Reasonably priced for the quality provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealrussDined on 6/28/2014Not only was the food delicious it was served in an paced manner with much attention paid by the staffSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Wonderful service, beautiful touch with the rose pedals and loved the Happy Anniversary desert, just wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's never fails to deliverOskieDined on 6/21/2014Drive to Mohegan Sun (3 hours) from Northwest CT to attend Saturday Night Fights at the Casino. Coincidently also celebrated 30 year wedding anniversary that weekend. Have been to Ruth's Chris numerous times in the past, but admittedly it has probably been 10 years. Ruth's hasn't skipped a beat. Salad, steak and sides were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no sunday brunchouttolunchDined on 6/15/2014We were hoping to try the Sunday brunch with the Bloody Mary bar. Server said no brunch since it was a "holiday." I wish someone would have told us, under the comment section of my reservation I typed in Sunday brunch. We did get a lunch menu but it was with a bit of an attitude. Who wants a steak at 12 noon??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end diningJCarDined on 6/13/2014This is dining at its finest The food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie4sureDined on 6/7/2014We were seated exactly on time for our reservation - a pleasant surprise considering it was very busy. The service was impeccable - our server "Kyra" was excellent - she knew the menu, had a personal recommendation & was charming. The food was excellent - as always.Special Features:
- Mr. bigOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014THE FILET THAT WE HAD WERE TERRIBLE. MY WIFE HAD GRISTLE IN HALF OF IT,MINE WAS TOUGH. WE HAVE EATEN THERE MANY TIMES BEFORE BUT PROBABLY PICK ANOTHER RESTAURANT IN THE FUTURE. CERTAINLY NOT UP TO THE RUTH CHRIS TRADITION.Special Features: