Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mobile
2058 Airport Blvd.
Mobile, AL 36606Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mobile
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cooperrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2514760516
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Closed Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jay Simmons
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Mobile offers 3 private dining rooms.
The Cawthon East & West offers seating of 15-25 each or combined seating up to 50 guests.
The Busch Room offers seating up to 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tina Laubenthal 2514760516
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mobile
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the U.S. Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts & award winning wine list, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mobile - Best Restaurants in Mobile ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mobile reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Never disappoints!jenwlawlerDined on 8/2/2014The Ruth's Chris in Mobile is the best one I have ever been to. Great service, atmosphere and food. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible steaksLeocDined on 7/31/2014I have eaten here before and every time I do, the steak I have is the best steak I have ever eaten. I don't know how they make the food so perfectly every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Wonderful atmosphere and fantastic food. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/15/2014Always consistent quality. Been to several Ruth Chris restaurants. This one is as good as any of them.Special Features:
- The following 69 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mobile reviews archive.
- Great mealYummytaco2VIPDined on 6/26/2014Great meal with client that really made the evening. Thank you,.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time!happyfamilyDined on 5/23/2014Ruth's Chris was the perfect place to celebrate my son's very special 13th birthday! The staff was very attentive. They all wished him a happy birthday. The food was exceptional. The service was amazing. They even took a picture of my son with his birthday dessert, printed it and put it in a birthday card. My son felt so special! It was a perfect night!Special Features:
- Perfect meal for a perfect weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014We stopped at the restaurant while in Alabama to visit Gulf Shores and everything was too notch. The food, the service, the ambience --- perfection. The waiter even made me a freshly squeezed lemonade!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!BirthdayGirlDined on 4/18/2014This was my birthday celebration. Our appetizers were very late! Unfortunately my BBQ shrimp appetizer was so salty it was not edible! Our entree arrived 1 min after the appetizers and had to be sent back - we were not impressed! Our steaks and sides were perfect. My dessert was complementary for my birthday which was a nice surprise. We only paid for the entrees but the damage had been done - I hate conflict and I hate that they might think we were after a freebie, it's embarrassing! Sadly I think the place needs updating. The decor is tired and dull with damaged wallpaper and dark boring art! Considering the prices commanded I don't think they were justified! Nothing about this place was exceptional!
- BJsreviewDined on 4/14/2014Exquisite food and unmatched service by any restaurant I have ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris in MobileLeahDined on 2/22/2014Ruth's Chris in Mobile is superior to other Ruth's Chris we have tried. Their service and food quality is exceptional. It is a wonderful dining experience every time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary supperChaserDined on 9/28/2013My wife and I just had our third anniversary. Ruth's Chris helped us have an amazing night. The food was unbelievable good. Hands down best steak in south Alabama. Our server was very nice and extremely professional. Thanks for making helping us have a wonderful anniversary date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as always. steakschrisDined on 8/31/2013wonderful as always. steaks are cooked perfectly every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit to this RuthJTaylorVIPDined on 7/17/2013My first visit to this Ruth Chris, but not my last. I was in town on business and we took business associates to Ruth Chris and everything was to perfection!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2013Exceptional service as always. Wonderful steaks. I love the chop salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine extremely overpriced!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013Good food, but wine is EXTREMELY overpriced. Wine is marked up about 200% rather than the typical 100%. Good food - typical steaks, etc.Special Features:
- Excellent AgainilliniadDined on 6/5/2013When in Mobile, this is by far my favorite restaurant. Always great food, exceptional service, and terrific ambiance. It's a little pricey, but the food is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysOpenStudioVIPDined on 6/1/2013We chose Ruth's Chris because we had eaten in others of this chain in other cities. We wanted to make sure that we had a good meal in a nice atmosphere and this restaurant didn't disappoint. The waiter was friendly and efficient. The food was of good quality. Both of us had steak. I was a bit surprised at the crackling fat sound that came from the extremely hot plates. I hadn't experienced that at other RC's. It was easy to find and had easy parking. The atmosphere was elegant and dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way over-pricedItalianfooddevoteeVIPDined on 6/1/2013Everybody makes a big deal over the Bread Pudding-- it was underwhelming to say the least. The place was outrageously over-priced.Special Features:
- yaaahLuv2luvDined on 5/10/2013We absolutely love love loved our experience!!! Our server Mr. Trey, outstanding!!! This was our first visit. Thanks to Mr Trey!! He made our evening exquisite ....We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak.. cooked to perfection.jaqirDined on 5/4/2013Great steak.. cooked to perfection. All the side were great. service with Sabrina excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for the bananaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2013Went there for the banana cream pie. The fact that the steaks are prime, delicious and cooked perfectly was just a bonus. Wonderfully consistent, fairly high end dining at almost $100 / person. But it is worth it on occasion.
- Our server, Hunter, was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Our server, Hunter, was very pleasant. Our food was hot. The atmosphere was awesome.Special Features:
- this was one of the worstBeachloverVIPDined on 2/11/2013this was one of the worst steaks I've ever had, ordered the fillet and was fatty and full gristle of gristle. Service was OK, but very hurried. I wouldn't recommend.
- Below AveragegoodVIPDined on 1/24/2013I eat at Ruth's Chris all over the country. In the past 45 days, Louisville, Memphis, Baton Rouge (twice), New Orleans Downtown. This location is pretty bad. They have absolutely no competition is this area and unfortunately it shows. Everything is well below average for a Ruth's Chris - except the hostess stand.
- Family nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2012Kaylan was wonderful!!! Besides the mistake with the table sitting and the very loud group sitting across from my table, my guests and I had a wonderful time. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Excellent experience. Food was prepared well, service was attentive and not overbearing and atmosphere was nice. Will return because it probably is the best experience in Mobile. I am an Executive Chef and Director of the Culinary school as my wife is also a chef and we were impressed.Special Features:
- The atmosphere Was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012The atmosphere Was outstanding, We were greeted Warmly When we entered the establishment . Our server Was very knowledgeable About the menu And very courteous And the whole team Gave us an excellent service. The appetizer Was fast And good, our steaks Were cooked The way we liked it And it was very delicious. Our overall experience Was outstanding I have to say!!Special Features:
- Brought my granddaughter andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Brought my granddaughter and her boyfriend from Kansas. They were suitably impressed.Special Features:
- They cancelled my open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2012They cancelled my open table reservation, probably because they didn't want to pay for the seating/points. That irritated me.
- Great dining experience! IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Great dining experience! I especially enjoyed the Father's Day special. Very prompt and courteous service.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris is one of myilliniadDined on 6/6/2012Ruth's Chris is one of my favorite restaurant chains. This restaurant is very nice. Very good food w/outstanding service you come to expect at a RCs.
- Mother's Day 2012KjonchefDined on 5/13/2012Michael as Manaher made all of our arrangements with great attention to detail. Kevin, Manzel and Ricky made Mother's Day dinner special. Very, very attentive to all of our needs. Sous Chef John did a great job on all of our food! Chef MikeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Mother's Day MenufoodloverDined on 5/13/2012We had reservations for my wife and I for Mother's day. One of our sons was able to join us after getting the day off. The three of us ate off the Mother's Day Menu and everything was wonderful. It caused us to try new things like the catch of the day and crab cakes. So much food that we ended up taking our cheesecake to go to enjoy later. Our server was wonderful and our every need was met. We got there for our 11:30 reservation and it was quiet until more people started arriving and then it was filled with the joys of familys celebrating together. We always enjoy our times at Ruth Chris and look forward to the next time we go back.Special Features:
- Our waiter was so good! HeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2012Our waiter was so good! He has a great personality and could have sat down and joined us!! He was a great help with tough decisions!Special Features:
- Disappointed about flowers not showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Enjoyed the night, only one complaint, I pre-ordered flowers through the company you have on your website, the flowers never showed, it was a special night for my wife and the flowers was going to top off the evening, I was greatly disappointed and I have to give Kuddos to the hostess, she found flowers in the restaurant and put them on the table, though they were not what I had ordered it was a nice gesture on her part....Special Features:
- Per the usual it was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2012Per the usual it was great food and great service. A little noisy in the dining room but overall a great meal.Special Features:
- very good again - a greatRobertVIPDined on 2/8/2012very good again - a great Ruth's Chris - great food & very attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Senior Bowl 2012 Evelyn Cave FamilyDavesFoodPhoneVIPDined on 1/27/2012Great dinner! Another Senior Bowl Family Dinner. The L H & Evelyn Cave family of Mobile AL has had at least one member at the Senior Bowl since it moved to Mobile AL. Korbet's or Russo's was the traditional dining on Friday night. However, those Mobile establishments are no longer an option. Ruth's Chris Steak House fits the bill of great food, great service, and great family time.Special Features:
- Steak not up to quality standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2011The service was excellent. We were 30 min early and so we were seated at the bar while our table was getting ready. We had a Malbec wine which was fantastic although the price felt a little steep. Food wise, the starters we had were excellent (especially the crab cakes) and came at an acceptable time after ordering. The filet steak ordered medium which I had arrived well-well done and had several areas of meat the weren't tender at all, especially not for I expected a good filet that night. My colleague ordered the filet medium rare and got it almost well done. Again, the steak was not tender all the way. The third steak, which was the NY strip came as ordered and was good.Special Features:
- Great food!! Nice ambiance!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2011My coworker and I were in Mobile for some traininga and we made sure we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse as it is one of our go-to places when we are traveling. We had a very pleasant dining experience and our waiter, Rhett, was a delight. We will make sure to visit there again if we should happen to be down that way again.Special Features: