Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Bend
902 E University Dr.
Granger, IN 46530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Bend
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: (574) 968-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm -11:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ivan Cruz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Regis Room named after Notre Dame Alum, Regis Philbin, seats up to 20. Dine in style in the Regis Room surrounded by a collection of fine wine. The Coaches Room honoring past and present Notre Dame coaches is an intimate private room and seats up to 16. The Malpass Room named after Scott Malpass, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, University of Notre Dame, seats up to 12. Upper level also offers a larger private dining area seating up to 80. The lower level private dining rooms can accommodate up to 150. All rooms have A/V capability, drop-down screens and wireless internet. Call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Beth Mumford 5749689700x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Bend
Visit Ruth’s Chris Steak House in South Bend, Indiana. You will discover an inviting atmosphere of warm sunset-tones throughout a cascading waterfall, intimate private dining rooms, a dine-in wine room and a fireplace in the main dining area. The bar area boasts 4 flat-screen TVs along with private booth seating with personal TVs, never missing a chance to watch your favorite team! Host your next special event in the lower level banquet area, equipped with A/V, drop down screens and wireless internet. Savor sizzling, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood and other famous New Orleans-inspired specialties. Join Ruth's Chris for a romantic dinner for two, an important business meeting or a private party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Bend - Best Restaurants in South Bend ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Bend reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)notable wine list (16)romantic (15)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Asked for center cut filet definitely didnt get that steak was fatty and grizzley. Service was a bit slowI would recommend this to a friend.
- KayMahalickDined on 11/6/2014Wine list is limited. You only carry one brand of ReislingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close but not perfectMikie23Dined on 10/29/2014Went for anniversary dinner... not naive but still feel RC is too high priced, especially for Northern Indiana... They get kudos for having a "Happy Anniversary" note in our menu and for sending us home with a small bonus dessert...but for some reason waiter never mention the specials they were offering that night...Special Features:
- Best Steak everOldNavyChiefDined on 10/29/2014First time dining here. Went for our 26th Annivesary. Wish I had done this long ago! Best steaks we have ever had. Service was out of this world from hostess to wait staff to manager! If you are looking for a special place to take that special person, this is the spot!!Special Features:
- Setting the stage for a wedding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014After placing a reservation for Friday evening dinner with my soon-to-be fiancé, I followed up with the restaurant the next day, to tip them off that I would be proposing marriage to my sweetheart and presenting a diamond engagement ring. The service was wonderful, the food excellent, and although I hadn't double checked with the host or waiter when getting there, they subtly confirmed they knew what was planned! We enjoyed the evening and enjoyed a delicious dessert. While we were talking about future events, my girl looked away momentarily she gestured with her left hand. I seized the opportunity and reached for her left hand and slid the ring on her finger and asked her to marry me. What a moment it was. She said "yes" by the way. Just moments later, our waiter, stopped by the table to ask if anything else was needed, and my fiancé soon learned that others were in on the planned proposal. Before leaving, staff from the on-duty manager to other wait staff stopped by to offer their congratulations to the newly engaged couple. Smiling kudos to this restaurant! I've been to other Ruth's Chris Steak House restaurants across the country. They each consistently provide all the things that would keep them on your short list of recommended restaurants; but this one, for me, will stand out a bit than excellent - it was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCDDiningVIPDined on 10/24/2014We frequent Ruth's and always have a good experience. Service was excellent, Kevin was personable and attentive. Food was tasty as always, however my steak was cooked medium instead of med rare. Still the best quality restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- OutstandingwinenutDined on 10/11/2014Our experience at this restaurant was exceptional. From appetizers to dessert the attention to detail was everything I thought it would be. Our waiter Zach was very friendly and recommended several items to us. One was the peanut butter pie that my husband had and Zach did not stear us wrong. But I must also say the carrot cake was very good to! Oh yes, our steaks were prepared perfectly and came out sizzling hot, delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion but do make reservations since the restaurant fills up fast especially when Notre Dame is in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakMikeGDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I had dinner on Friday night with our daughters and friends. Our steaks were awesome (although also a little pricey). Service was very good and the atmosphere was very cordial and friendly. Strong recommendation. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- Best find in South BendBobMDined on 10/3/2014Definitely a must for one night if coming in for a game.Special Features:
- Awesomeawesome4uandfriendsDined on 10/2/2014Ladies and gentlemen: if a fine dining experience is what your seek look no futher. Everything here is first rate. From making reservations to deserts. I have dined in great restaurants all over the United States and Ruth's Chris Steak House not only can hold its own but have kicked a few out of the top notch. The food was beyond excellent and perfectly prepared. The staff was great. Very professional. If by chance you finished something between your water's frequent trips and another staff member saw it. They personally rushed to take care of your needs. Not a plate or cup went empty all night. This restaurant and bar is very business friendly too. Dress was bussiness casual. Please come try this place. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-aged Steak, oversize dessertsOldsteakDined on 9/26/2014I ordered a bone in 12 oz and there was a molded to sour taste to the outside, knowing about aged meat, I figured it was just the outer crust, as I worked my way through, it had the same taste to varies degrees. When I in formed the waiter, he informed me that unlike other Ruth Chris, that dry aged, this one, wet aged their steaks. The steak was either the end cut or had be cut days earlier. As for the desserts, I was with my 17 year old daughter and when we ordered no one inform us the one dessert was enough for 4 and graciously let us order 2! Both desserts went to waste.
- Top shelf for a chainThePunditVIPDined on 9/26/2014No problem in recommending Ruth's! Excellent menu with attentive service. Extensive wine and beer list. Dishes cooked to exact specifications. Pleasing decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food againCDDiningVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always have a wonderful food experience here, but as sometimes happens service was just ok. Our servicer's assistant was actually more attentive than server. Love sitting in the bar as vibrant and comfortable.Special Features:
- Amazing, Wonderful night!NDdmcDined on 9/15/2014Great food and service! Wish they still had they $30-3 course meals on Mondays/Sundays, really miss that! Every detail is giving personal attention to. Every bite is incredible. Best dining experience ever.Special Features:
- ExcellenceknoblochbkDined on 8/16/2014Perfect service and food. Great way to end the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Nice food. The waiter/waitress/servers were very attentive but made a few mistakes (wrong drink, wrong things boxed..)Special Features:
- The following 175 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - South Bend reviews archive.
- On line menu/serviceBikers321Dined on 7/26/2014They had an on line menu that listed a number pre-serve items. Some were $39.95 and another group that were $49.95-$54.00. The only thing they had available was one item that was $39.95. The manager didn't know that they had failed to change their web-site. My wife and I had our sights set on a filet/lobster combo that would have been $49.95. We were rather disappointed! However, We were offered a free desert. When we and our friends ordered desert, somehow they forgot about us and we waited about fifteen minutes until one of the staff heard us talking about our wait and went into the kitchen to shake the grate. As always, our filet was great and our server was very pleasant.Special Features:
- very nice experienceSteveVIPDined on 7/16/2014i had a great pork chopand the steaks the others were very nice! this is a nice restaurant for a special occassion or if you had a business dinner to share witha clientSpecial Features:
- special birthdayPeteyDined on 7/15/2014Went there for birthday dinner. As always, the food and service were perfect. Great wine and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant everjoi27Dined on 6/15/2014I will be going back again his Sunday for my 13th wedding anniversary I luv luv this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak, Good ServicecflorancDined on 6/8/2014Great food, great drinks, and the right amount of attention from waitstaff and the maître d'. I felt well taken care of. Server was a little unclear on knowledge of the differences in cuts of meat and he always recommended priciest options when asked. But when steak arrived, it was prepared exactly to specifications. It's clear the waitstaff was precise with the kitchen; together they delivered 110%. Delicious. Their new digital wine list took some getting used to. The search options aren't intuitive and it's difficult to limit searches (type/region). It strikes me as a missed opportunity for bottle sales from a proactive server or sommelier. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great meal from a known name in prime Steaks.
- Great service, food a little offCDDiningVIPDined on 5/25/2014Kaitlin did a great job waiting on us, very attentive and personable. My steak was not a center cut NY strip was very disappointing as I specifically asked to not get a cut from the end which is never as good - for the price Ruth's should never serve anything but center cuts. Wife's meal came out without the shrimp so she had to wait until it was cooked and brought out. Great wine and still enjoyed the evening. Still our favorite upscale dining in the area, and was a nice birthday celebration for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up to Usual StandardEnjoyingTimeOut2Dined on 5/18/2014We recently visited Ruth's Chris Steak House for our anniversary, hoping for a lovely night out. Instead of having an enjoyable romantic evening, it was simply frustrating, as it seemed they forgot about us. We were tucked away in a corner, and since we aren't the type of diners to make a ruckus about being served, we patiently waited, and waited, and waited. While we watched folks that came in after us getting served, we were on the lookout for our waiter. He was so very busy with a large room, he didn't really have time for us. About 3/4 of the way through dinner, my water glass was empty, and I couldn't even find the waiter's assistant to fill my water. Not acceptable at a restaurant where broccoli costs $10. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- KennyDined on 5/16/2014Two top table way too small. Top notch service should remain from beginning until end. However, ours waned after our entrees arrived. The water boy disappeared, the empty plates sat and sat and sat. Even the check took forever. The food, however was really outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family affairOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/11/2014Took 4 of my children and 6 grandchildren after blue gold game at notre dame. Everything was 5stars top to bottom from time we walked in gdandkids were madeto feel special from manager to busboy. Great day and a better eveningSpecial Features:
- Expensive but good steakRichVIPDined on 4/5/2014Filet Mignon is great and so are the garlic mashed potatoes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014I had of course heard of the place but never really was inclined to go there: try to eat healthy and only eat out for special occasions. Simply put :I never had a better filet in my life and the creamed spinach ( I LOVE spinach) was outstanding. Tessa made the place feel even more special. I will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with friendsCDDiningVIPDined on 3/28/2014Firstly, Brittany was superb, best service we have had anywhere in ages - she is engaging, personable, very attentive, and makes you feel welcome! We had our usual booth in the bar where we love the atmosphere. Everyone had a great meal, drinks, and an excellent bottle of wine. You cannot go wrong with Ruth's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and DeliciousDaveDined on 3/17/2014Definitely a special occasion type of place. Monday's $30/person 3-course (salad, steak+side, dessert) was a big selling point for me. Steaks were perfection, salads and sides were also very good. Waiter was very nice and decor was very fancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesometoadracrDined on 3/1/2014Night started in the bar and the drinks were great, next we got seated at our table and the waitress told us the whole history of the owners and restaurant. Next, from our appetizer to the meal the flavors were unbelievable, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising menu updatesCDDiningVIPDined on 2/22/2014This is our favorite upscale restaurant in our area, so we are there regularly. We love sitting in a booth in the bar, cozy and more comfortable than the restaurant seating. They have added some new dishes to the menu - try some of the new appetizers. Food was great as always and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysMikeVIPDined on 2/21/2014Food is great, but service is close to perfect. The staff pays close attention to details without being intrusive. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- Scenery good, steaks notbsutrideltDined on 2/14/2014The night was great because it was Valentine's. Our waiter was excellent, but the steaks were boardline awful. My husband and I are huge fans of ribeye steaks, but both of ours were not that great. My husband got luckier and had a half way decent cut. Mine on the other hand was about 40% fat. At $40/steak, I would expect a much better cut. What we get from the butcher doesn't even compare to what we were served. Since it was Valentine's we chose not to say anything, paid the bill and left, but I don't see us coming back.Special Features:
- Great meal!JudyVIPDined on 1/14/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday there and had a wonderful experience. Upon hearing that she doesn't have a coffee pot in her apartment, the manager promptly boxed up three cups of coffee to go for us, along with cream, sugar and a dessert for the birthday girl. We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had previously had oneauburnkidDined on 12/30/2013We had previously had one of our best chain experiences at this location, and were looking forward to a similar meal. The service was still excellent, but the food just didn't measure up to our expectations from our previous visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!NDdmcDined on 12/30/2013Wish we could go more often but perfect for special occassions. The Monday $30 3-course dinner options really help! My son loves the crab cakes (not on the $30 special menu!), my husband had the stuffed chicken and would have cleaned the bones if it had been socially acceptable! My filet was great as well. Only minor complaint, our side dishes were only mildly warm but since the entree plates are extremely hot, I was able to spoon the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach on to that which heated them up nicely. Greg was an excellent server, his support staff also made sure we were never low on water or bread. Every beverage came out quickly from the bar as well. Awesome experience, look forward to going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World-Class ExperienceShenValleyFoodieDined on 12/17/2013This was my third visit to this restaurant. Our server was Andrea (second time); she is off-the-charts terrific. She even remembered that I had quaffed Pelligrino all during my previous visit. . .almost three months ago. Wow. My bride, who doesn't especially like steak, ordered a small filet and devoured every bit of it. She couldn't say enough good things about it. We split a scrumptious appetizer of ahi tuna. I had the smaller strip steak cooked 'Pittsburgh'; that's hard to cook w/o overcooking the meat, but the chef did it pitch-perfect--charred on the outside, rare-rare on the inside. We wrapped up a perfect supper with an Irish coffee (for her) and carrot cake (for me). This Ruth's Chris is the best we've been to.Special Features:
- Great dinner as usual.NancyDined on 12/17/2013Steak. sides and salad as good as always at this great steak place.Special Features:
- Amazing steakMikeVIPDined on 12/13/2013As usual the filet is outstanding. Very attentive staff and great service.Special Features:
- You get what you pay forSpeedyDined on 12/7/2013Fine dining for sure. The best in this area. Steaks are uniquely tasting. Wines are seriously overpriced. The $49.95 prixe fixe dinner is probably the best value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.