Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
920 2nd Avenue S., Suite 100
International Centre II
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3831/Minneapolis
- Phone: 6126729000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Simon Franco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Minneapolis, MN - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Minneapolis offers private space for up to 60 guests. Group seating is also available in the main dining room. During the day, the entire restaurant is available for parties of 12 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Ziegler 8779251223
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Minneapolis, MN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (71)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (44)good for groups (31)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Have been to several of these across the country and they almost always deliver a great Steak, still my favorite steak from any of the upscale steak chains. The Minneapolis location is no exception and it's steak was as good or better than the other 10 or so Ruth's Chris's I have been to over the years. Service was top notch, bartender made great drinks, and manager was phenomenal and checked on us multiple times. Got exactly what I expected, an incredible steak, but as always the high bill at the end of the meal reflects the high quality experienced during the meal, this is not a bad thing as long as you expect it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerMerbearMNDined on 9/14/2014I noted our anniversary in our reservation and they decorated the table, greeted us with Happy Anniversary and even served us a dessert decorated with the years we were celebrating, lovely touches! The waitstaff was no top of everything but not hovering, that is a level of expertise that you can truly appreciate on a special occasion! We both ordered steaks mine was a petite filet with shrimp, his was a cowboy ribeye and we both were in heaven! We requested a quiet table in our reservation and were given a booth which was great until the end of our meal when some large groups started arriving. We were offered a booth in a private room when we first arrived, which we declined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not Dissapoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Hedi, our server, was amazing. Took great care of us and made sure my hot water (for my tea) was always full. He did not overlook any detail and truly upheld the ruth chris standard well!Special Features:
- Delicious Anniversary DinnerChristinaDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went out to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoyed a delicious steak dinner. I had been to Ruth Chris Steakhouse before and am never disappointed. Their side dishes are plenty enough food to share with another person. It's a great place for an anniversary dinner. Plan to spend no less than $35/each steak and between $8-10/side dish. It's expensive, but worth every penny! Will be going here again for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 23rd wedding anniversaryPeteyDined on 8/31/2014We like to go out for a nice steak dinner on special occassions. A person can forget how good steak can be when you only grill at home. We had the Porterhouse for 2 and from the initial order where we added a crustetd blue cheese, to the presentation (plate set on 2 forks so meat was tilted towards my wife and I) to the sizzle in butter on a 500 deg plate, to the knife sliding through like butter, to the melt in your mouth deliciousness. Yes, I forgot steak could be that good. Side dishes excellent as well. Service was impeccable. Highly recommend if you haven't been there. Don't postpone any longer.Special Features:
- TOP NOTCH!DatenitepairDined on 8/30/2014The best steak I have ever put in my mouth! Melted like butter. Service excellent. Crab cakes and loaded hashbrowns a must!! Perfect portion sizes. Speciality drinks were delicious and strong. The blueberry mojito and black cherry Martini. Mixed to perfection. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!BGMplsDined on 8/28/2014This was our first visit to Ruth's Chris, and we were celebrating our anniversary. The service was top notch - the hostess had even put confetti hearts on our table! Our waiter took the time to explain the menu to us, and made wonderful recommendations as well.Our dinner and drinks were amazing - steak was cooked perfectly. We really appreciated that it seemed everyone went above and beyond to make our night even more special. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome steakdvanDined on 8/22/2014My Wife and I were celebrating or 27th anniversary and the Staff took very good care of us, even gave us a free desert. Absolutely the best steak I have ever had. My wife has always put ketchup on her steak - except for this one - it was so good she did not need ketchup!! That in of its self is a miracle!!Special Features:
- Excellent, but a little priceyJoeMinnesotaDined on 8/21/2014An excellent resturant with fantastic food and ambience. My date and I were on the younger side, however, and I believe it may have slightly affected the quality of service received. Either eay, great food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and mealFoodGuyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I've never been let down for a business dinner at Ruth's Chris. Things can't go wrong in certain dinner situations. I find that a Ruth's Chris is an excellent choice for those occasions when you need superb service, choices and taste and everything needs to work on schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsmgshopgirlDined on 8/18/2014We are never disappointed with Ruth's Chris. It's our go to place for special occasions. We love the atmosphere, quiet, comfortable, and warm. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, tender and juicy. Our waiter, Jesse was very attentive, the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bee!BeeHBackDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Ruth Chris , and as always quite fabulous. I find the food to be exceptional. The wine list fit for anyone who appreciates a good glass or bottle. Cheers!!Special Features:
- LOVEalimelDined on 8/16/2014I love Ruth's Chris and this was a fantastic one! The steak was perfect as was the cocktails, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and dessert!Special Features:
- If you like steak...gudniteoutDined on 8/11/2014We come here because we like the consistent good quality steak that is done right every time. The atmosphere is pretty quiet, the service is very good, the staff is well trained, and it is upscale without being ridiculous. They have a decent number of side choices but not a ton. I wish they had a bit more of an intimate ambience but the steaks are so good I am willing to overlook it when I just want a really good steak at a nice restaurant. This place also never seems to get too loud or crazy either, everyone seems to know that we use our "good" manors here. I like that about Ruth's Chris too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ACCOUNT DISCUSSION 08-06-2014fullmealdealDined on 8/6/2014The service, food and enjoyment were all perfect. My dining companion and I would especially recommend the sweet potato dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The steak I ordered was extremely dry, and I took a total of three bites. The waiter didn't ask once how our dinner was or suggest how he could help after I pushed my steak away after taking three bites. I wanted to try Ruth Chris' because I had heard wonderful things about the establishment, but I was sorrily disappointed!
- Adult findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014I love Ruth's Chris, so much...The atmosphere, the food, the quality and the service are well worth the price. The service is outstanding, the drinks are delightful and fun, the food is out of this world and even though you are in a busy restaurant for some reason the atmosphere makes you feel like you have your own private area for you to enjoy. They don't have many kids....sometimes people do which is the only annoying thing but since the restaurant can't control that, that's really the only annoying thing and that unfortunately at this point can't be controlled so this is one of my favorite spots for an experience that adults are looking for in the city. I am and always will be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- Great Place for a special night outNancyIDined on 7/26/2014We recently went to Ruth's Chris for our anniversary dinner. We were asked right away if we were celebrating anything special, and we told them we were there for our anniversary. They came a few minutes later with a some "Happy Anniversary" and heart confetti and sprinkled it on our table! The spicy lobster appetizer was amazing! We had filet & Cowboy Ribeye, and both were cooked perfectly to our order and were delicious. We got the lobster mac 'n cheese for a side dish, and it was mediocre. We were stuffed after our meal, but they still brought us a tiny cheesecake with a candle and Happy Anniversary was drizzled in chocolate sauce on the plate. Very special touch that made our anniversary more enjoyable!Special Features:
- Top NotchColeDined on 7/25/2014Dinner was superb! Everything from the salad to the main entrée and the dessert was phenomenal. Definitely an excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Absolute Must ExperienceamoranDined on 7/25/2014My finance and I recently had a night out at Ruth's Chris...and wow what a night out it was. We were out to celebrate new beginnings and fresh starts. Immediately, we were taken in by an authentic steakhouse feel. The lighting was just right, it was clean and the host and table staff were more than friendly. The food was absolutely outstanding, one of the best steaks I have ever had. Pair that with a nice bottle of wine and great sides...perfect meal. I would dine here time and time again, no questions asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperieneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Fantastic service. Our server was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. Food was great, beautiful dining room, we had a great experience.
- Dinner at Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014We came for restaurant week. We felt we were a little rushed as there were a lot of people waiting. As usual the food was excellent and the server very attentiveSpecial Features:
- SallySalsaDined on 7/25/2014I went during restaurant week. We had a special menu. We had salad with home made thousand island dressing. I had the fillet, my friend had the stuffed chicken. We said to each other that it was the best food we had in a long time. Loved this restaurant. Ruth's Chris is not in my budget, but it was for this special. I would jump @ the chance to eat there again.....Special Features:
- Okay experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014We dined for the 1st first at Ruth's Chris for restaurant week. The food was the perfect amount for $30/person - honestly we probably wouldn't pay more for a person for another dinner outside of restaurant week. It was an okay experience. Nothing out of the ordinary. The plates were extremely hot and we were not aware of the reason why. It would of been nice to be education on that particular aspect of their business. Our waitress was very soft spoken during this busy night. We also purchased a selected pairing of wine of our dinner which consisted of a white and red. I was disappointed that our red wine was not brought out until our steak was almost gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service terribleJoAnneZDined on 7/24/2014The food was very good, but the service was lousy. Our waitperson did not seem to be firing on all cylinders. E.g., our cocktails came AFTER our salads were delivered. Not what I would expect for a meal that was quite expensive.
- Never DisappointsTempoman18VIPDined on 7/24/2014One of the best steaks in the city, and for what you get, a great value. It never gets old to keep coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had. A number of people prefer Manny's, but Ruth's Chris is second to none when it comes to tasty steaks.Special Features:
- BUSY, but still awesome.ruthschrisformeDined on 7/23/2014VERY busy for restaurant week. A little too busy for my taste. But that didn't stop the great service, awesome and perfectly done food and all of the special touches this restaurant is known for. I over-tip there, because they always take care of the customer...even when they are busy.Special Features:
- Great - as always!RestaurantEnthusiastDined on 7/22/2014We love Ruth's Chris, the food is always perfection and the service impeccable - with personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as AlwaysDCA1Dined on 7/22/2014We have eaten at Ruth's Chris a number of times and the food is always excellent. This time we were struck by the excellent service. Also, we were there for Restaurant Week, with their discounted limited menu, and thought perhaps that we would be somewhat slighted in service, however everyone was very nice and concerned about making sure our experience there was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner ExperiencebrdinerDined on 7/21/2014We went to Ruth's Chris for Restaurant Week and it was the best dinner decision we've ever made. Our waitress, Mary, was the most entertaining, nicest waitress I've ever had. She gave us suggestions on what to order and what to do after dinner! We had multiple other helpers stop by to help serve our food, constantly fill our waters, bring bread, and clean the tables. It truly was the best dining experience I've had. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!AngelicKittenDined on 7/21/2014My boyfriend and I visited for the first time during restaurant week. There was complimentary valet parking and our table was ready on time. I ordered the filet and it was delicious! It melted like butter in my mouth and was cooked perfectly. My boyfriend had the stuffed chicken breast and he thought it was amazing. Our server was nice and friendly. A great place for a special date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Culinary Delight!NewbieFoodieDined on 7/21/2014As a fan of the show Top Chef, I've always wanted to experience a restaurant like this one. As a student, well…a place like this is normally out of my budget. Thankfully, Ruth's Chris participates in Restaurant Week so my man and I were able to eat the BEST meal of our lives. Our waiter had great drink recommendations and was very friendly but not overbearing. The ceasar salad was light and refreshing, my 6 oz melted in my mouth, and the cinnamon cheesecake ended the meal on a sweet, but not too sweet, note. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week starOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/21/2014Lisa was our waitress and she was fun. Food was great, especially the creamy spinach. Steak was perfect, as always.
- Melts in your mouthOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014The steak is always excellent...the best in town. Our waitress was so attentive, pleasant and timely...outstanding! We sure appreciate restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cellinaVIPDined on 7/21/2014The food and service was outstanding. I like every single thing we had thereSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant Week OptionLuvsSteakDined on 7/20/2014We are not regulars at Ruth's Chris, but we enjoy this restaurant about 2 times per year. Food is always excellent and the service is wonderful. We were quite pleased with the offerings for Restaurant week and particularly enjoyed the Honey Cinnamon Cheesecake. Only down side was the bus boy who had a bit of an attitude with us, but our waiter was gracious and right on top of it. Thanks for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON RUTH'S CHRIS FOR THEIR TRIED AND TRUE-NOT TO MENTION DELICIOUS-BUTTER FILET! EXCELLENT AS USUAL.Special Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Four of us decided to check out a Restaurant Week dinner. All of us were amazed at a 3 course dinner which was worth much more. Filets were cooked perfectly and as tender as a $50+ steak. Wine & cocktails were at their best. Service was excellent. All of us will be backSpecial Features:
- Great Food!MaddyDined on 7/20/2014Great deal during Restaurant Week! Steaks were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.