Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
920 2nd Avenue S., Suite 100
International Centre II
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3831/Minneapolis
- Phone: 6126729000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Simon Franco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Minneapolis, MN - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Minneapolis offers private space for up to 60 guests. Group seating is also available in the main dining room. During the day, the entire restaurant is available for parties of 12 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Ziegler 8779251223
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Minneapolis, MN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)romantic (81)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (44)good for groups (36)late-night find (11)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014The service was great! The steak was superb as was all other dishes we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience, delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Our experience at Ruth's Chris was nothing short of spectacular! Our waiter Joe was impeccable, from his recommendations, to his stellar service. The food was of course, incredible, and worth every bite! We left so full, but so glad we came, and ready to go again - so much so we're going back for our Anniversary in November. Great job Ruth's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Our waiter was very attentive and the food was cooked to perfection! We both had the filet and it was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceDinnerReviewDined on 10/19/2014Went to Ruth Chris's for Restaurant Week to celebrate a special occasion. The food was superb and the staff was friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating to food allergies. This was our first time there, and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Came here for a night out on the town. We both had the Ruth's classics deal and we were both extremely pleased. Expensive, but good food for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Filet was outstanding as was the sweet potato casserole. Great service made it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Tickle My FancyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I've always heard good things about Ruth's Chris so I decided to take my 15 year old daughter with me to enjoy a nice dinner. While the service was good we were sat in a very awkward table seated for six and facing everyone else in the restaurant. The food on the plate was so hot the grease was popping my arm. It wasn't a complete dive, just not for me. Happy I can say that I have gone.
- Best Steak in Twin CitiesFilletLoverDined on 10/17/2014This was and is always by far the best steak we have ever had in the Twin Cities area and we have tried them all. Ruth's Chris is very focused on the beef at their restaurant and it comes through. Perfectly cooked filet mignon and topped with their heavenly bearnaise sauce. The sides are an absolutely perfect compliment and delicious! We had several desserts even feeling stuffed - really over the top taste and quality! Excellent wine list. Extremely satisfied customer here! Thank you for blowing us away!Special Features:
- SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The first thing I think of when I think of Ruth Chris' Steakhouse if SLOW! We were there for at least 2 hours. We were seated right away, then waited, for everything from that point on, and it wasn't crowded. The food was okay, but I expected a little more...something, for the prices. I did it once, I won't do it again.Special Features:
- Awesome as usual...Anderson2Dined on 10/10/2014We have dined at Ruth Chris' several times and they have never disappointed..this time was no exception. The food was EXCELLENT and the service was great. The only negative we had was that there was a couple sitting near us that felt the need to Skype with someone - it was rather annoying listening to their conversation during our dinner...nothing to do with the restaurant - just rude people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!SteakguyDined on 10/3/2014We love Ruth's Chris and can't find a filet mignon better anywhere else. Great service and will definitely be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food & serviceyeschickDined on 9/26/2014while the ambiance leaves a little to be desired, the food and service is fantastic! Great wine advice, fun, efficient and knowledgeable service. A real treat for a meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014First visit to my bro-in law's favorite steak place. We were not disappointed. Steaks were tender and juicy, service was excellent. Great place foe a special occasion - like a 0th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and dessertHungryHippoDined on 9/23/2014The hotplate of steak is the best. Keeps it the ideal temperature for much longer. They gave us free dessert for our anniversary! It was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakNewEnglanderDined on 9/15/2014Have been to several of these across the country and they almost always deliver a great Steak, still my favorite steak from any of the upscale steak chains. The Minneapolis location is no exception and it's steak was as good or better than the other 10 or so Ruth's Chris's I have been to over the years. Service was top notch, bartender made great drinks, and manager was phenomenal and checked on us multiple times. Got exactly what I expected, an incredible steak, but as always the high bill at the end of the meal reflects the high quality experienced during the meal, this is not a bad thing as long as you expect it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerMerbearMNDined on 9/14/2014I noted our anniversary in our reservation and they decorated the table, greeted us with Happy Anniversary and even served us a dessert decorated with the years we were celebrating, lovely touches! The waitstaff was no top of everything but not hovering, that is a level of expertise that you can truly appreciate on a special occasion! We both ordered steaks mine was a petite filet with shrimp, his was a cowboy ribeye and we both were in heaven! We requested a quiet table in our reservation and were given a booth which was great until the end of our meal when some large groups started arriving. We were offered a booth in a private room when we first arrived, which we declined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not Dissapoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Hedi, our server, was amazing. Took great care of us and made sure my hot water (for my tea) was always full. He did not overlook any detail and truly upheld the ruth chris standard well!Special Features:
- Delicious Anniversary DinnerChristinaDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went out to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoyed a delicious steak dinner. I had been to Ruth Chris Steakhouse before and am never disappointed. Their side dishes are plenty enough food to share with another person. It's a great place for an anniversary dinner. Plan to spend no less than $35/each steak and between $8-10/side dish. It's expensive, but worth every penny! Will be going here again for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 23rd wedding anniversaryPeteyDined on 8/31/2014We like to go out for a nice steak dinner on special occassions. A person can forget how good steak can be when you only grill at home. We had the Porterhouse for 2 and from the initial order where we added a crustetd blue cheese, to the presentation (plate set on 2 forks so meat was tilted towards my wife and I) to the sizzle in butter on a 500 deg plate, to the knife sliding through like butter, to the melt in your mouth deliciousness. Yes, I forgot steak could be that good. Side dishes excellent as well. Service was impeccable. Highly recommend if you haven't been there. Don't postpone any longer.Special Features:
- TOP NOTCH!DatenitepairDined on 8/30/2014The best steak I have ever put in my mouth! Melted like butter. Service excellent. Crab cakes and loaded hashbrowns a must!! Perfect portion sizes. Speciality drinks were delicious and strong. The blueberry mojito and black cherry Martini. Mixed to perfection. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!BGMplsDined on 8/28/2014This was our first visit to Ruth's Chris, and we were celebrating our anniversary. The service was top notch - the hostess had even put confetti hearts on our table! Our waiter took the time to explain the menu to us, and made wonderful recommendations as well.Our dinner and drinks were amazing - steak was cooked perfectly. We really appreciated that it seemed everyone went above and beyond to make our night even more special. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome steakdvanDined on 8/22/2014My Wife and I were celebrating or 27th anniversary and the Staff took very good care of us, even gave us a free desert. Absolutely the best steak I have ever had. My wife has always put ketchup on her steak - except for this one - it was so good she did not need ketchup!! That in of its self is a miracle!!Special Features:
- Excellent, but a little priceyJoeMinnesotaDined on 8/21/2014An excellent resturant with fantastic food and ambience. My date and I were on the younger side, however, and I believe it may have slightly affected the quality of service received. Either eay, great food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and mealFoodGuyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I've never been let down for a business dinner at Ruth's Chris. Things can't go wrong in certain dinner situations. I find that a Ruth's Chris is an excellent choice for those occasions when you need superb service, choices and taste and everything needs to work on schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsmgshopgirlDined on 8/18/2014We are never disappointed with Ruth's Chris. It's our go to place for special occasions. We love the atmosphere, quiet, comfortable, and warm. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, tender and juicy. Our waiter, Jesse was very attentive, the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bee!BeeHBackDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Ruth Chris , and as always quite fabulous. I find the food to be exceptional. The wine list fit for anyone who appreciates a good glass or bottle. Cheers!!Special Features:
- LOVEalimelDined on 8/16/2014I love Ruth's Chris and this was a fantastic one! The steak was perfect as was the cocktails, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and dessert!Special Features:
- If you like steak...gudniteoutDined on 8/11/2014We come here because we like the consistent good quality steak that is done right every time. The atmosphere is pretty quiet, the service is very good, the staff is well trained, and it is upscale without being ridiculous. They have a decent number of side choices but not a ton. I wish they had a bit more of an intimate ambience but the steaks are so good I am willing to overlook it when I just want a really good steak at a nice restaurant. This place also never seems to get too loud or crazy either, everyone seems to know that we use our "good" manors here. I like that about Ruth's Chris too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ACCOUNT DISCUSSION 08-06-2014fullmealdealDined on 8/6/2014The service, food and enjoyment were all perfect. My dining companion and I would especially recommend the sweet potato dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The steak I ordered was extremely dry, and I took a total of three bites. The waiter didn't ask once how our dinner was or suggest how he could help after I pushed my steak away after taking three bites. I wanted to try Ruth Chris' because I had heard wonderful things about the establishment, but I was sorrily disappointed!
- Adult findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014I love Ruth's Chris, so much...The atmosphere, the food, the quality and the service are well worth the price. The service is outstanding, the drinks are delightful and fun, the food is out of this world and even though you are in a busy restaurant for some reason the atmosphere makes you feel like you have your own private area for you to enjoy. They don't have many kids....sometimes people do which is the only annoying thing but since the restaurant can't control that, that's really the only annoying thing and that unfortunately at this point can't be controlled so this is one of my favorite spots for an experience that adults are looking for in the city. I am and always will be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- Great Place for a special night outNancyIDined on 7/26/2014We recently went to Ruth's Chris for our anniversary dinner. We were asked right away if we were celebrating anything special, and we told them we were there for our anniversary. They came a few minutes later with a some "Happy Anniversary" and heart confetti and sprinkled it on our table! The spicy lobster appetizer was amazing! We had filet & Cowboy Ribeye, and both were cooked perfectly to our order and were delicious. We got the lobster mac 'n cheese for a side dish, and it was mediocre. We were stuffed after our meal, but they still brought us a tiny cheesecake with a candle and Happy Anniversary was drizzled in chocolate sauce on the plate. Very special touch that made our anniversary more enjoyable!Special Features:
- Top NotchColeDined on 7/25/2014Dinner was superb! Everything from the salad to the main entrée and the dessert was phenomenal. Definitely an excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Absolute Must ExperienceamoranDined on 7/25/2014My finance and I recently had a night out at Ruth's Chris...and wow what a night out it was. We were out to celebrate new beginnings and fresh starts. Immediately, we were taken in by an authentic steakhouse feel. The lighting was just right, it was clean and the host and table staff were more than friendly. The food was absolutely outstanding, one of the best steaks I have ever had. Pair that with a nice bottle of wine and great sides...perfect meal. I would dine here time and time again, no questions asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperieneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Fantastic service. Our server was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. Food was great, beautiful dining room, we had a great experience.
- Dinner at Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014We came for restaurant week. We felt we were a little rushed as there were a lot of people waiting. As usual the food was excellent and the server very attentiveSpecial Features:
- SallySalsaDined on 7/25/2014I went during restaurant week. We had a special menu. We had salad with home made thousand island dressing. I had the fillet, my friend had the stuffed chicken. We said to each other that it was the best food we had in a long time. Loved this restaurant. Ruth's Chris is not in my budget, but it was for this special. I would jump @ the chance to eat there again.....Special Features:
- Okay experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014We dined for the 1st first at Ruth's Chris for restaurant week. The food was the perfect amount for $30/person - honestly we probably wouldn't pay more for a person for another dinner outside of restaurant week. It was an okay experience. Nothing out of the ordinary. The plates were extremely hot and we were not aware of the reason why. It would of been nice to be education on that particular aspect of their business. Our waitress was very soft spoken during this busy night. We also purchased a selected pairing of wine of our dinner which consisted of a white and red. I was disappointed that our red wine was not brought out until our steak was almost gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service terribleJoAnneZDined on 7/24/2014The food was very good, but the service was lousy. Our waitperson did not seem to be firing on all cylinders. E.g., our cocktails came AFTER our salads were delivered. Not what I would expect for a meal that was quite expensive.
- Never DisappointsTempoman18VIPDined on 7/24/2014One of the best steaks in the city, and for what you get, a great value. It never gets old to keep coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.