Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
920 2nd Avenue S., Suite 100
International Centre II
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3831/Minneapolis
- Phone: (612) 672-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Derrick McAlister
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Minneapolis, MN - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Minneapolis offers private space for up to 60 guests. Group seating is also available in the main dining room. During the day, the entire restaurant is available for parties of 12 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Morgan Ross 8779251223
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Minneapolis, MN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (65)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (48)notable wine list (48)hot spot (17)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Despite large group, food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2014We attended the recent CakeBread wine dinner, and enjoyed every part of it. Not only was the wine amazing, but the food was fantastic despite the large group/fixed menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tried before concertKintzintDined on 11/14/2014Good location for concert hall. Food very good. wife loved lobster. Stuffed and got out of there for $80 by getting no drinksSpecial Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014From the moment we walked in the entire staff made us feel welcome and appreciated! We went there to celebrate our Son's admittance into the State Bar Association and they truly made him feel special! Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Fair ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014The food, as always, was very good. But the server, seemed to never be around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Having been a several Ruth Chris restaurants, I expected it to be good. However, my husband had never been to one and was craving a steak dinner while visiting in Minnesota. This Ruth Chris exceeded all expectations. The food was phenomenal but our server, Lisa was exceptional. She had many tables but made us feel like we were her only customers. Would highly recommend this location and Lisa for your server!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFourmaltsDined on 10/29/2014As expected, the food and service was outstanding. The ribeye steak melted in my mouth! Au gratin potatoe and onion rings were great. Our server, Daniel, was outstanding. I feel terribly that I accidentally stiffed him on the tip because my math skills had taken the week off - I'm so sorry Daniel!!! If I lived in MN I'd come back to make it up to you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining the folksFuntimeTimDined on 10/25/2014We celebrated my mother's 81st birthday and my parents' 60th anniversary. Our waiter Hedi was great and the meal was fantastic. My personal favorite is the filet with shrimp and was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed-Don't know if be backKimmyDined on 10/24/2014As someone who has adored this restaurant at many locations, I regretfully say I was disappointed with the food and with the quality of server. Focusing on the sides, the garlic mashed (now in a much smaller plate as before) was watered down, almost runny. To stretch out potatoes, their cost being cheap, cheap, doesn't make any sense. Other sides, such as creamed spinach was not as rich as typically has been over the years. Waiter raved ridiculously about a wine to try to upsell us...after tasting it we realize it was an exaggeration. The empty bread sat forever. Another way to increase profits? Second time at this location we had a waitress who was not up to what one would expect on many levels in professionalism.Special Features:
- Delicious as usualLynspaVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was excellent as always but our waiter did not come and check on us very much once the main course was delivered. We have received more attentive service in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert BroBobbyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our server Jesse was excellent. He exceeded our expectations. We will be asking for Jesse every time we visit your fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruth's chrisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014Always a pleasure to go to Ruth's Chris. They really know how to take care of a customer,free valet parking, service is absolutely impeccable, and the food is terrific!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustMPLSTPDined on 10/22/2014There's nothing like a sizzling plate to keep your food at perfect temperature through your meal. Everything about the food is thought out, extremely well prepared and perfect. A true 5 star dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the LineDebDinesDined on 10/22/2014What a fantastic evening at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. My petite filet was prepared perfectly--not easy when you are a fan of medium well. My husband's stuffed chicken entree hit all the marks...crispy on the outside, superb filling inside! Mashed potatoes were a bit strong on the garlic, but the creamed spinach was spot on. The Caesar salad was one of the best I have ever eaten. It was crisp and chilled with adequate dressing, nicely seasoned croutons, and thick, tasty slivers of Parmesan. The cheesecake dessert was the best part of the meal--which is saying a lot! I understand that they are made in-house. Service was attentive but not hovering. This is our new " go to" restaurant. We are already thinking of excuses to go there.Special Features:
- Still a great Steak!SuzyQDined on 10/22/2014The Caesar salad was my favourite menu item of the evening....followed by a delicious 6oz steak. The wine pairings were very good. The sweet potato dish was too sweet. The creamed spinach was lacking something and the bread was 'just bread'. We have been here many times, but this is the first time I left thinking it could have been better. My husband and I both agreed that we would have enjoyed just the salad and steak.....perhaps they could offer a 'light' meal option. It was more food than we could eat. I don't like wasting food, nor do I want to carry out a 'doggie bag'. They served a good cup of coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyEaterDined on 10/21/2014Food - amazing. Service - Perfect! Lynn is an amazing and friendly server! Will never be able to eat another steak anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best on my list..getting2knowuDined on 10/21/2014The steak was perfect, customer service is number 1..much better than mannysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourselfYumyumDined on 10/21/2014Ruth Chris steak house was wonderful as usual! The food was superb as was the service and the atmosphere. Recommend it to everyone for a special occasion!Special Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 10/21/2014Our server, Ryan, was terrific. We had a fun time with him and our evening was very enjoyable. Our food was "out of this world" and Ruth Chris is the only place where our steak stays hot through the whole meal. It was done to perfection. It was an extremely wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Restaurant Week MealmjsnskgDined on 10/21/2014We took advantage of the Restaurant Week menu and left very happy. Both of our filets were outstanding, as were the salads and sides. Thank you for paticipating in Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A date night favorite!tigger2trotDined on 10/20/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris 3 different times, it is always wonderful! The food and service are both outstanding, and although a little pricey depending on your budget it is totally worth it! Their restaurant week menu is also stellar to experience Ruth's Chris on a tighter budget. Definitely recommend eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding As AlwaysWeLove2DineVIPDined on 10/20/2014We have dined at Ruth's many times and have always had a wonderful experience. Steaks are always tender and delicious - in fact, everything is delicious. From the food to the atmosphere to the friendly staff and impeccable service, this is an outstanding place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLovinMPLSDined on 10/19/2014The service was great! The steak was superb as was all other dishes we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience, delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Our experience at Ruth's Chris was nothing short of spectacular! Our waiter Joe was impeccable, from his recommendations, to his stellar service. The food was of course, incredible, and worth every bite! We left so full, but so glad we came, and ready to go again - so much so we're going back for our Anniversary in November. Great job Ruth's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - Delicious foodRuthsChrisRocksDined on 10/19/2014Our waiter was very attentive and the food was cooked to perfection! We both had the filet and it was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceDinnerReviewDined on 10/19/2014Went to Ruth Chris's for Restaurant Week to celebrate a special occasion. The food was superb and the staff was friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating to food allergies. This was our first time there, and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightmellieDined on 10/18/2014Came here for a night out on the town. We both had the Ruth's classics deal and we were both extremely pleased. Expensive, but good food for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Filet was outstanding as was the sweet potato casserole. Great service made it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Tickle My FancyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I've always heard good things about Ruth's Chris so I decided to take my 15 year old daughter with me to enjoy a nice dinner. While the service was good we were sat in a very awkward table seated for six and facing everyone else in the restaurant. The food on the plate was so hot the grease was popping my arm. It wasn't a complete dive, just not for me. Happy I can say that I have gone.
- Best Steak in Twin CitiesFilletLoverDined on 10/17/2014This was and is always by far the best steak we have ever had in the Twin Cities area and we have tried them all. Ruth's Chris is very focused on the beef at their restaurant and it comes through. Perfectly cooked filet mignon and topped with their heavenly bearnaise sauce. The sides are an absolutely perfect compliment and delicious! We had several desserts even feeling stuffed - really over the top taste and quality! Excellent wine list. Extremely satisfied customer here! Thank you for blowing us away!Special Features:
- Always a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/16/2014This is becoming our favorite steakhouse. I was always a Manny's guy, but Ruth,s Chris is beginning to change my mind. We loved the sizzling butter that resides under your steak!Special Features:
- SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The first thing I think of when I think of Ruth Chris' Steakhouse if SLOW! We were there for at least 2 hours. We were seated right away, then waited, for everything from that point on, and it wasn't crowded. The food was okay, but I expected a little more...something, for the prices. I did it once, I won't do it again.Special Features:
- Awesome as usual...Anderson2Dined on 10/10/2014We have dined at Ruth Chris' several times and they have never disappointed..this time was no exception. The food was EXCELLENT and the service was great. The only negative we had was that there was a couple sitting near us that felt the need to Skype with someone - it was rather annoying listening to their conversation during our dinner...nothing to do with the restaurant - just rude people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!SteakguyDined on 10/3/2014We love Ruth's Chris and can't find a filet mignon better anywhere else. Great service and will definitely be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food & serviceyeschickDined on 9/26/2014while the ambiance leaves a little to be desired, the food and service is fantastic! Great wine advice, fun, efficient and knowledgeable service. A real treat for a meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014First visit to my bro-in law's favorite steak place. We were not disappointed. Steaks were tender and juicy, service was excellent. Great place foe a special occasion - like a 0th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and dessertHungryHippoDined on 9/23/2014The hotplate of steak is the best. Keeps it the ideal temperature for much longer. They gave us free dessert for our anniversary! It was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakNewEnglanderDined on 9/15/2014Have been to several of these across the country and they almost always deliver a great Steak, still my favorite steak from any of the upscale steak chains. The Minneapolis location is no exception and it's steak was as good or better than the other 10 or so Ruth's Chris's I have been to over the years. Service was top notch, bartender made great drinks, and manager was phenomenal and checked on us multiple times. Got exactly what I expected, an incredible steak, but as always the high bill at the end of the meal reflects the high quality experienced during the meal, this is not a bad thing as long as you expect it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerMerbearMNDined on 9/14/2014I noted our anniversary in our reservation and they decorated the table, greeted us with Happy Anniversary and even served us a dessert decorated with the years we were celebrating, lovely touches! The waitstaff was no top of everything but not hovering, that is a level of expertise that you can truly appreciate on a special occasion! We both ordered steaks mine was a petite filet with shrimp, his was a cowboy ribeye and we both were in heaven! We requested a quiet table in our reservation and were given a booth which was great until the end of our meal when some large groups started arriving. We were offered a booth in a private room when we first arrived, which we declined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not Dissapoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Hedi, our server, was amazing. Took great care of us and made sure my hot water (for my tea) was always full. He did not overlook any detail and truly upheld the ruth chris standard well!Special Features:
- Delicious Anniversary DinnerChristinaDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went out to celebrate our wedding anniversary and enjoyed a delicious steak dinner. I had been to Ruth Chris Steakhouse before and am never disappointed. Their side dishes are plenty enough food to share with another person. It's a great place for an anniversary dinner. Plan to spend no less than $35/each steak and between $8-10/side dish. It's expensive, but worth every penny! Will be going here again for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.