Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie
3633 Veterans Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70002Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3830/Metairie
- Phone: (504) 888-3600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Fowler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Metairie, LA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Metairie, LA will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Tramuta-Strassel 8887981806
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Metairie, LA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie - Best Restaurants in Metairie ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (20)good for groups (18)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Always greatChattypattiDined on 11/20/2014A little pricey though so not somewhere that you can go on a weekly basisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AugieGDined on 11/16/2014I had not been here in a few years. I was reminded how great the food and overall dining experience is. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong with Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This is always delicious and consistent. Had a lovely dinner for a special occasion in a nice little private room for 4. It was perfect and felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect AtmosphereNOLAFoodieDined on 11/5/2014I specified that it was a birthday celebration. When we arrived at the restaurant, the table was decorate with Happy Birthday confetti, the perfect touch. The service was exceptional. The food was delicious. The prices were reasonable, I thought, for an upscale steak house.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We frequent Ruth's Chris on Veterans on a regular basis, but the table service was less than satisfactory. Our servers were never on the same page and unfortunately our waiter was constantly having to refresh our table and get drinks. We will continue to frequent this restaurant, but the service was off Saturday night.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerNolaMAPDined on 10/26/2014We decided to visit this restaurant because we knew it was good. They didn't disappoint. Delicious soup, steak and devine creamed spinach. Topped it off with Creme Brulee - a great end to a great meal.Special Features:
- Wasn't quite as good this timeViki16Dined on 10/21/2014Took too long to take drink orders and took too long to get drinks. Filet was fatty for first time. Seemed to be an off nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchNSfoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014This was a great place to have a business lunch. The waiter was conscientious about not interrupting our conversation. The food was delicious and consistently good. The atmosphere was business friendly with moderate lighting and tables not too close together. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guys NightTopshelfboozeguyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great ribeye with great friends. Service was perfect and whiskey choices were abundant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereLove2dineDined on 10/8/2014I have been here many times and will go again. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is exceptional. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice in metairieChateauDined on 10/3/2014This was a great choice for a Friday night event. It is always a pleasure to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceDatingexperiencesDined on 9/26/2014Tab will be on the expensive side, good place to take a partner out to once in awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been to Ruth's several times. We went this week to take advantage of "Restaurant week". It was a Sunday evening. It appeared that they were short staffed. Not the normal attention you usually receive. Our server was wonderful and did the best he could. He recommended a wine that we really enjoyed. The food was delicious, our filets cooked perfectly. And, the restaurant week price offering for a three course meal (Salad, Petite filet, spinach and dessert), wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentjt337896Dined on 9/13/2014This was the best steak I have ever had. Our waiter was attentive. My wife loved it.Special Features:
- Celebrated our 1 year AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We were really impressed. When you dine at a restaurant like Ruth Chris, you expect a certain experience. This location did a wonderful job. The staff honored my request to be sat at a quiet/secluded table. We had rose petals on our table, our desserts came with a Happy Anniversary message, and multiple staff members wished us a Happy Anniversary. The food was amazing and our server, Frank, was outstanding. He was professional, kind, and never rushed us. We left full and very happy with our experience.Special Features:
- EarlybirdsEarlybirdsDined on 9/13/2014We chose Ruth's for the EatNOLA week and the menu included 4 courses which were outstanding. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the atmosphere very elegant and the wait staff amazing. We truly got our moneys worth and will frequent againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekCookingtonyDined on 9/11/2014The menu for Restaurant Week was outstanding. The entree were excellent and of course the sides were very tasty and shareable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnernolabethDined on 9/5/2014Great time was had by all. Birthday dinner, for a table of four, two were birthdays. Wine was great, peas au gratin (not on the menu) were really quite good, should be on the menu regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 51st Wedding AnniversaryNOdinersDined on 8/30/2014The staff went out of their way to make our occasion special. From the moment we arrived and I requested a quiet corner table to the time we departed everyone was super cordial and helpful. Particular Kudos to our waiter who was most attentive and entertaining. We love Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014We dine out on a regular basis and I don't usually take the time to write a review unless I think a restaurant needs a better rating based on my favorable experience - or in this instance, I had a dining experience that was quite unsettling. No vintages on a highly (4x retail) marked up wine list? How do I know what I am getting? The waiter certainly didn't know. The excuse being that the vintages change too often to justify reprinting the wine list? Really!!!?? Who is making these decisions? The filet was Ok but not cut the greatest. There are a bunch of great steak house options in the greater NO area. This one won't be on my list. All in all the feel of a place that really doesn't care about being a top end restaurant anymore.
- Special NightJacksonDined on 8/24/2014Our visit this time reminded me why we love this place.... wonderful steak and a great time for our happy occasion... I would tell anyone that wants to celebrate any occasion to make reservations here.Special Features:
- The following 225 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie reviews archive.
- Excellent SteaksBigSmileyEatsOutDined on 7/29/2014I have enjoyed Ruth's Chris steakhouse many times in many cities of course the original was on Broad street in New Orleans and I'm not sure if that location still exists but they are all wonderful. I definitely enjoy the Metairie location because of the local south Louisiana/New Orleans touch.Special Features:
- lorileisuperflyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Unfortunately, the food and service standards are below par for the price. Do not get the tuna appetizer nor the lamb chops (covered in butter and fat. No mint sauce even though it says so on menu.)Special Features:
- FoodPJVTTB123Dined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our dining experience as well as the amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 7/18/2014Nice staff. Good waiters. Good food. Friendly staff. Clean. Comfy chairs. Lots of funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinningpickyDined on 7/7/2014The food we ate was well prepared and the waiter helpful, but not intrusive. Atmosphere not elegant, but pleasant in a modern setting.Special Features:
- Great for everyone in the familyTopshelfboozeguyVIPDined on 7/7/2014My daughter enjoyed joining us for a mid week anniversary dinner. She's only 8 but loves her filet medium rare. God bless her husband.Special Features:
- nicest restaurant in Metairieh504Dined on 7/4/2014My husband loved his steak and we both enjoyed the ambience very much. This is definitely the nicest restaurant in Metairie!Special Features:
- jrjrVIPDined on 6/23/2014Went for our 35th wedding anniversary and all four majors - service, ambience, noise level and food - were PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday giftflufffluffDined on 6/19/2014I used the gift card received for my birthday.The steaks, salads and desserts were was great.The vegetable sides were so so.T he service was outstanding considering there were two large parties present. This is a good place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellenthappydinner519Dined on 5/19/2014The experience was nothing less then Except for our daughters graduation celebration . The staff was awesome !!! G Thank YSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris birthday celebrationJackpot61Dined on 5/14/2014At Ruth's Chris one always knows what to expect - consistently excellent food, always the same menu (with occasional Specials) & that's why we like it, we know before what we're ordering & how it will taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at rc steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/6/2014It was my son's 21st birthday so he wanted to go somewhere special. It really was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!NOLAinNHDined on 4/28/2014Always great and delicious, our recent visit to Ruth's Chris in Metairie was punctuated by our server, Ann-Marie's attention to our party's needs throughout our dinner. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and all the accouterments to our meals were equally enjoyable. A requisite stop on every visit to New Orleans, we look forward to dining with our friends at Ruth's Chris next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvNewOrleansVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food was outstanding as always. The appetizers and side dishes are just as delicious as the steaks!Special Features:
- Easter SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014It was freezing cold in the restaurant requiring us to go back out to our cars to get coats. All 4 in our party found this to be the case. The food was very good as usual. Will probably not choose to eat there on holidays- just too busy.Special Features:
- back to Broad Street!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2014Joe has replicated the old Broad Street feel of Ruth Chris! Keep up the good work Joe!!!Special Features:
- Good steak bad service.JohnhVIPDined on 4/8/2014I eat at the bar when traveling. Usually bar tender is attentive. This one wasn't. He we busy humping glasses from kitchen etc instead of serving guest. Complained and was comp portion of ticket. Suggest eating at table at this location.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner gone wrongLesa901Dined on 3/31/2014Overall experience at this restaurant was not nearly as good as the Memphis location. Food and certainly not service. My guest was asked to remove his hat before entering the dining room which was okay. But upon our entrance their were two other gentlemen dining with their hats on. It was brought to the attention of the maître'd and was told "oh their leaving". They didn't. Gave us the perception of discrimination. We ordered and took our food to go. Waitress was good. The bread that was brought out was cold. I would never return to this location. We felt singled out and treated differently.
- A nice place but the wineDavidDined on 3/22/2014A nice place but the wine is so overpriced that I can't in good conscience advise anyone to go there and get punished. If you are not a drinker it will be fine.